how is this supposed to be fun?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

sgtYester #1 Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:28 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 54426 battles
  • [RANGF] RANGF

platooning with my buddy to grind his fv183.   I get this bs.  nicely attacking, making a flank move and all damage by arty.  

but arty prevents camping...

http://wotreplays.eu...ester-excelsior

remove this crapclass or just remove the laser accuracy, increase reload and for the higher tiers decrease splash radius

_Hakkapeliitta_ #2 Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:45 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 44652 battles
cannot fap to this...

Homer_J #3 Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:56 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28767 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Thanks for the chuckle.

But I have to agree with your platoon mate, why were you pushing to the enemy base when the enemy were steaming into yours.

Also, Excelsior platooned with regular mm tier V tanks?  Lucky you weren't vs tier 7 arty.

jack_timber #4 Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:56 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 33432 battles
Consider it done, soon:)

rado84 #5 Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:03 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 18984 battles

View PostsgtYester, on 17 October 2017 - 11:28 AM, said:

platooning with my buddy to grind his fv183.   I get this bs.  nicely attacking, making a flank move and all damage by arty.  

but arty prevents camping...

http://wotreplays.eu...ester-excelsior

remove this crapclass or just remove the laser accuracy, increase reload and for the higher tiers decrease splash radius

Hahahahahaha, another noob crying against the arty. If they remove this "crapclass", they should make it right and remove the leFH1882 completely from the game (that means no one will own it) but I'll also add request to remove E25 and all heavy tanks. Especially about the heavy tanks I want them all removed because they make people dumb and they start acting like total imbeciles. For all these years of playing WOT, only once I've seen a player with heavy tank who actually had brain and thanks to whom we won the battle. But everyone else is a dumb sheep in a heavy tank that just holds the W key and doesn't care what's going on around them and don't even bother looking at the minimap. Or worse - camps somewhere near the base and then blames everyone else for refusing to do his job. Therefore the heavy tanks are completely useless class.

So yeah, if they're going to remove classes, I suggest they remove the heavy tanks as well. Because the smaller the tank, the bigger the brain and vice versa.

Then we can move to the meds which are also useless. They don't even have a specific role. No decent armor, no decent penetration, no decent view range, no decent camouflage, no decent engines and acceleration. This class is utterly useless and I don't know why the hell it was added in the game. Lights are also useless. You make a LT with crew with 4-5-6 skills, you buy all the equipment you can to boost your view range and camo and yet while you camp in a huge bush and supposedly spotting for you team, it turns out that the arty somehow has seen you and you're dead. Or you prefer to drive around the whole and because of the too low camouflage when moving, you still end up dead. On top of that while camping with 511 view range you think you should see anyone who steps inside the white circle. Yes, but no. Some craps*it T-34-85M inside your view range can see you but you can't see him, even when he's firing upon you and kills you. Very useful class is the light class, there's no doubt about that (sarcasm).

The game would be so much better with just TDs and arties (except for the leFH1882 - it can go and never come back).

If you can't pick up the sarcasm in my whole post, then you really need to change the game. You can try one of these, they suit you better:
http://games.mi9.com/barbie/

Edited by rado84, 17 October 2017 - 12:06 PM.

Jumping_Turtle #6 Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:04 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 61471 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostsgtYester, on 17 October 2017 - 10:28 AM, said:

nicely attacking, making a flank move and all damage by arty.  

Sorry but this was almost all your own fault. Your first hit you get when you put your tank with three other tanks in a 5m spot. Got spotted and you get hit by the Grille. Understandable because 4 tanks in one spot is a nice target and that spot is where every arty with a brain pre aims because there are always and every battle people standing there. The T67 gets taken out so you know now both arties are looking at your side of the map and that they are a bishop and a grille so there are not much safe spots. Your second hit you get when you place your tank at the same spot your teammate just got taken out by arty.

You stay at that side and get hit every time you get spotted. Yeah it sucks but this was easily prevented if you had chosen another path than that where their arties were aiming.

This is a clear case of :

Edited by Jumping_Turtle, 17 October 2017 - 12:06 PM.

magkiln #7 Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24179 battles
  • [EKKE] EKKE

"Doctor, artillery hurts me when I do this!"

"Then don't do it!"

Balc0ra #8 Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66286 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Well to be fair... "know what you are afraid of"... and you were only afraid of it for about 30 seconds after the first hit. And you took a different path so he would not hit you again on the same spot. But they did hit you again coming out the other way, rather aggressive I might add... but then suddenly you were not afraid of arty. And you followed that KV-1S with no HP left, and went into the same spot again to help vs that T-67 he could derp, and took hits again. Still you pushed, moving into the bush line so you would get spotted instantly, vs behind it. If you were "afraid" of arty more so then the M4, then why allow them to "feed" on you by driving into the bush vs staying behind it so you can't get spotted? That camping M4 was not a threat to you or anyone, KV-1S could have dealt with that. I would have gone back to base vs yoloing that arty lane again since your Chaffee toon mate more or less gave up instantly with the "GG" and gave no center intel to your team.

View PostHomer_J, on 17 October 2017 - 11:56 AM, said:

Also, Excelsior platooned with regular mm tier V tanks?  Lucky you weren't vs tier 7 arty.

Yeah, if there is tanks I never platoon with normal tanks, it's tier 5 limited MM tanks. As 91 pen is not helping anyone vs a T29, nor is that roof armor helping vs tier 7 arty.

Edited by Balc0ra, 17 October 2017 - 12:47 PM.

jack_timber #9 Posted 17 October 2017 - 04:17 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 33432 battles

View Postmagkiln, on 17 October 2017 - 11:24 AM, said:

"Doctor, artillery hurts me when I do this!"

"Then don't do it!"

Another doctor joke....

Guy walks into doctors surgery with a Duck growing out of his head....

Doctor asks " that's looks a little strange, how did it happen".

Duck replies " well doctor I woke this morning....."

HeidenSieker #10 Posted 17 October 2017 - 05:51 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 17 October 2017 - 12:04 PM, said:

Sorry but this was almost all your own fault. (snip)

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why replays are hardly ever posted to illustrate "problems".

Orkbert #11 Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:14 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25498 battles

View PostsgtYester, on 17 October 2017 - 10:28 AM, said:

In your replay we see several times that the lemmingtrain your teammates were getting stunned/damage by the enemy arty, obviously they were at locations that arty not only can shoot at but currently is aiming there... and you drive into the very same spot.

Pray tell, why did you think that the enemy arty was now aiming elsewhere? And why should it not aim there since a good deal of your team went along the left route?

PHPer #12 Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22403 battles

Arty have already been fixed.

WG wanted them to fire as much gold as possible, and they are now doing that.

WG sells more premiums, so WG wins.

OreH75 #13 Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:27 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 47894 battles
  • [RANGR] RANGR
2nd most played Tier X tank: BC artillery...so please stop whining?

Edited by OreH75, 17 October 2017 - 07:29 PM.

Homer_J #14 Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:16 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28767 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostHeidenSieker, on 17 October 2017 - 05:51 PM, said:

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why replays are hardly ever posted to illustrate "problems".

And that's why we ask for replays - to rule out a problem between chair and keyboard.

I would say it was typical arty hater mistakes.  If you play arty you see it coming a mile off.  Especially when he carries on pushing and thus forcing the arty to defend themselves rather than support their attacking allies.  If he had gone back to defend then arty would have been forced to switch targets.

Phobos4321 #15 Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:51 PM

General

• Player
  • 43226 battles

View PostOreH75, on 17 October 2017 - 07:27 PM, said:

2nd most played Tier X tank: BC artillery...so please stop whining?

nice try if 10< 2 you would be even right ... http://www.vbaddict....battles&server=

OreH75 #16 Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:44 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 47894 battles
  • [RANGR] RANGR

View PostPhobos4321, on 17 October 2017 - 08:51 PM, said:

nice try if 10< 2 you would be even right ... http://www.vbaddict....battles&server=

Nice fail, I mean the TS..he is complaining abou arty but has played 700+ in his bc arty

HeidenSieker #17 Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:18 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 17 October 2017 - 08:16 PM, said:

And that's why we ask for replays - to rule out a problem between chair and keyboard.

I've just watched it, having been unable to until now. It's quite interesting. A couple of times I found myself saying "Move!" "Move!!" as well as "I wouldn't have done that there if I were you". I will re-watch to see what it might have looked like from the enemy SPG players' perspective.

Edit: Hm. Their Grill was where it might have been expected to be, unsure about thir Bish., which was my preferred SPG (still... may need dusting off! :) ) The issue seems to be one of being spotted, then either not moving much at all, or returning to the "spotted" position before the timer's expired (AIUI 5-12s). I was in fact quite surprised to see the number of hits received before the inevitable! I hope this helps the OP.

Edited by HeidenSieker, 17 October 2017 - 11:27 PM.

Jumping_Turtle #18 Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:01 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 61471 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostHeidenSieker, on 17 October 2017 - 05:51 PM, said:

Why is that ? I often ask for replays for a few reasons. 1 - to see for myself if the op is just not making thing up. Would not be the first time that someone made it look like the truth but it only happened in his imagination. 2 - I hope to learn from those replays. 3 - I am not the greatest player but have played arty a lot and have them at all tiers. So I kinda know about how the arty players think and most of the times the players getting hit is pretty much explainable.

I think that when Yester watches the replay again after reading some of the replays in this topic he will agree he made some errors.

Sure that Bishop and Grille are evil things but its not all arty to blame here.

mrmoff10 #19 Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:20 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3808 battles

I have the fix. Over the weekend I saw lots of matches with triple arty, so today I started grinding arty myself. Made me feel better.

I needed to start using arty at some point anyway for the missions.

im only at tier 4 but it's surprising that so many tier 6 players don't seem to move even when you're hitting them time after time. There was an OI in one match that I hit 7 times and he didn't move into cover at all.

HeidenSieker #20 Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:27 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles
The OI is on the horns of a dilemma. Does he move into (hard) cover to avoid your erstwhile attentions, or does he simply try to become "unspotted", or does he just say "Ubggre!" and go for it? Oh! Lovely, delicious, difficult decisions! And all on the spur of the moment! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users