Jump to content


Super Conqueror - First Impressions?


  • Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

_EXODUZ_ #1 Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:22 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 35435 battles
  • 1,941
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    11-05-2014
So you guys tried it already? What do you think? :izmena:

Kozzy #2 Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:25 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 38855 battles
  • 2,705
  • [RINSE] RINSE
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011
I get the feeling that for the time being all we will know is how good the Super Conqueror is at fighting other Super Conquerors?

K_A #3 Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:26 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 13651 battles
  • 4,665
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    04-18-2013
Well for one the battle queue time with it is long. That's all I've experienced so far... 

Spurtung #4 Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:27 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 65943 battles
  • 5,900
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostKozzy, on 18 October 2017 - 01:25 PM, said:

I get the feeling that for the time being all we will know is how good the Super Conqueror is at fighting other Super Conquerors?

 

Pretty much this. And 260s.

K_A #5 Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:34 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 13651 battles
  • 4,665
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    04-18-2013

View PostKozzy, on 18 October 2017 - 11:25 AM, said:

I get the feeling that for the time being all we will know is how good the Super Conqueror is at fighting other Super Conquerors?

 

Judging from my first battle (8 SuperConqs per side) it's pretty good. 5.3k dealt, 2.4k blocked. Just don't be an idiot and expose your lower plate like all those poor helpless enemies.. :D We lost 6-15, though... 

AngelofAwe #6 Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:49 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • WGL PRO Player
  • 39030 battles
  • 3,057
  • Member since:
    12-24-2011
First impression is it's going to be really strong in randoms. Won't be surprised if some people cry OP for a while.
The frontal armor is overall near enough as effective as that of an E-100. There are weakspots but most can be negated pretty well. Both tanks will be defeated frontally by gold. I think the E-100 does a little better against standard ammo while the Conq may be more effective against premium ammo with the shields on the turret against HEAT.

The gun is too good. Amazing DPM, accuracy and pen. The premium ammo makes you able to snipe any weakspot with APCR and almost guarantee a pen.

Drawbacks are just the speed, LFP and armor from any direction other than frontally. It can't push like a superheavy due to LFP. It's a strong random tank with a laser gun that will probably never be used in any competitive modes. 

Edited by AngelofAwe, 18 October 2017 - 12:51 PM.


DangerMouse #7 Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:04 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 27142 battles
  • 687
  • [FLOG] FLOG
  • Member since:
    10-28-2010

View PostAngelofAwe, on 18 October 2017 - 11:49 AM, said:

First impression is it's going to be really strong in randoms. Won't be surprised if some people cry OP for a while.
The frontal armor is overall near enough as effective as that of an E-100. There are weakspots but most can be negated pretty well. Both tanks will be defeated frontally by gold. I think the E-100 does a little better against standard ammo while the Conq may be more effective against premium ammo with the shields on the turret against HEAT.

The gun is too good. Amazing DPM, accuracy and pen. The premium ammo makes you able to snipe any weakspot with APCR and almost guarantee a pen.

Drawbacks are just the speed, LFP and armor from any direction other than frontally. It can't push like a superheavy due to LFP. It's a strong random tank with a laser gun that will probably never be used in any competitive modes. 

 

Hi AOA what would you recommend as equipment load out, is the gun handling good enough to drop V-Stab and go for Rammer, Vents and Optics?

 

DM



HaZardeur #8 Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:07 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 34497 battles
  • 1,271
  • Member since:
    08-14-2010
Between turret and hull seems to be a rather big weak spot but insane reload.

AngelofAwe #9 Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:15 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • WGL PRO Player
  • 39030 battles
  • 3,057
  • Member since:
    12-24-2011

View PostDangerMouse, on 18 October 2017 - 02:04 PM, said:

 

Hi AOA what would you recommend as equipment load out, is the gun handling good enough to drop V-Stab and go for Rammer, Vents and Optics?

 

DM


That's what I went with just because I felt like it. Not sure which is more ideal. (no pun intended)

P.S. Should also note I only played a single match in the tank, aced it and then went back to grinding my LTs.
My views may change if I play it more but first impressions are what were asked for. 


Edited by AngelofAwe, 18 October 2017 - 01:17 PM.


Baldrickk #10 Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:20 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 30512 battles
  • 14,663
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-
  • Member since:
    03-03-2013

View PostAngelofAwe, on 18 October 2017 - 01:15 PM, said:

View PostDangerMouse, on 18 October 2017 - 02:04 PM, said:

 

Hi AOA what would you recommend as equipment load out, is the gun handling good enough to drop V-Stab and go for Rammer, Vents and Optics?

 

DM


That's what I went with just because I felt like it. Not sure which is more ideal. (no pun intended)

P.S. Should also note I only played a single match in the tank, aced it and then went back to grinding my LTs.
My views may change if I play it more but first impressions are what were asked for. 

Casual ace on first game... typical :sceptic:

 

Good job! The above is just me being jealous.



AngelofAwe #11 Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:27 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • WGL PRO Player
  • 39030 battles
  • 3,057
  • Member since:
    12-24-2011

View PostBaldrickk, on 18 October 2017 - 02:20 PM, said:

Casual ace on first game... typical :sceptic:

 

Good job! The above is just me being jealous.

 

It's easy to ace right now, the requirements will skyrocket over the next few hours and days.
5,1k dmg and 3 kills was enough for me to ace it.

zen_monk_ #12 Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:58 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 25307 battles
  • 458
  • Member since:
    05-08-2011

View Post_EXODUZ_, on 18 October 2017 - 11:22 AM, said:

Super Conqueror - First Impressions?

 

Looks like all you meet in battles are other Super Conquerors.

Griesgram_der_Grobe #13 Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:15 PM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 18263 battles
  • 2,349
  • [HCD] HCD
  • Member since:
    11-18-2010
well, it´s not OP...semi-OP turret, yes, but does survive E-100 HEAT heat...even bounced it for me 3 times (same player, not a good one however), no ace for me so far on 2,8k/5,8k blocked/dmg...seems not killing enough tanks prevents that...so...screw that anyways 

Baldrickk #14 Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:34 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 30512 battles
  • 14,663
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-
  • Member since:
    03-03-2013

View PostAngelofAwe, on 18 October 2017 - 01:27 PM, said:

 

It's easy to ace right now, the requirements will skyrocket over the next few hours and days.
5,1k dmg and 3 kills was enough for me to ace it.

By the time I get on, the ace will be hard. 

Ah well. I don't obsess over badges anyway. 

I have and always will only play for fun. 



brumbarr #15 Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:41 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38626 battles
  • 6,326
  • Member since:
    07-30-2012

View PostBaldrickk, on 18 October 2017 - 03:34 PM, said:

By the time I get on, the ace will be hard. 

Ah well. I don't obsess over badges anyway. 

I have and always will only play for fun. 

 

Its weird, I got an ace with 5.8k dmg, no spotting, was 1378 base xp for some reason. 

AngelofAwe #16 Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:44 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • WGL PRO Player
  • 39030 battles
  • 3,057
  • Member since:
    12-24-2011

View Postbrumbarr, on 18 October 2017 - 04:41 PM, said:

 

Its weird, I got an ace with 5.8k dmg, no spotting, was 1378 base xp for some reason. 

 

From the streams I've watched the tank seems to print exp without you doing much of anything. 2k prem exp for 5-6k dmg.
Don't know what kind of weird multiplier they've given it... 

Edited by AngelofAwe, 18 October 2017 - 03:45 PM.


PantokratoR667 #17 Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:03 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 45645 battles
  • 767
  • [_CHS_] _CHS_
  • Member since:
    07-17-2012
Some poor tankers that was in enemy team exposed that lower plate. And it ends that 4/4 S.Conquerrors i engaged and hit lfp got damadged ammorack. One of them after second shot lost turret. You can detrack it and damadge ammo rack with one shot just by shooting first frontal wheel.

brumbarr #18 Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:07 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38626 battles
  • 6,326
  • Member since:
    07-30-2012

View PostAngelofAwe, on 18 October 2017 - 03:44 PM, said:

 

From the streams I've watched the tank seems to print exp without you doing much of anything. 2k prem exp for 5-6k dmg.
Don't know what kind of weird multiplier they've given it... 

 

This patch if full of bugs so I wouldnt be surprised, the chat doesnt work at all, neither does the friendslist, the TK system seems bugged aswell , so I wouldnt be surprised tbh if the XP is bugged aswell.

Shivva #19 Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:24 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29809 battles
  • 1,958
  • [J_A_G] J_A_G
  • Member since:
    05-20-2012
I like it, today it's usually ended up with 4 or 5 SC's against the same number on enemy team and whoever makes the most mistakes, pokes too far etc loses.

tajj7 #20 Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:31 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 25793 battles
  • 13,836
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

Didn't think it was that special, issues are the speed and agility leave you quite hamstrung getting to places and keeping up with the team, but unlike the Super Heavies you are not going to bounce much in the open or with your side, so fast rushing tanks getting early spots will catch you out where a Maus or Type 5 whilst slower are more of pain from the side without flat angles.

 

Same goes with the turret, front or nothing, had TVP VTU pen me with AP from about 400m in the turret, whilst hull down, using the gun depression and only about a 20 degree angle to me.

 

Gun handling is very nice, as is DPM, but nothing you weren't used to with the 215b.

 

It's decent, but not sure it's up there with a Maus, Type 5, IS7 or WZ-111-5A, but I had some crappy teams today and some awkward games so that may have given me an overly negative opinion. Plus it's heavy tank spam city out there are the moment, I played several games that were basically 11-12 tier 10 heavies and not just other Super Conqs and this meant it was difficult to fully judge it as you just have so many tanks brawling and going to the same spots. 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users