Personal mission menu ""improvements""

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Mr_Beefy #1 Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22895 battles
  • [OZ77] OZ77

While I very much appreciate that WG tried to improve the interface for the personal missions, I think that there was nothing wrong with the original interface.

It was simple, and virtually impossible to misunderstand.

The new version is complicated, and easy to misunderstand.  The KISS method is best method, Keep It Simple.......

Satory #2 Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:36 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 50740 battles

"The previous interface worked well,was informative and clear..."

Now let's f**k it up!

torque13 #3 Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 43967 battles

yeah i agree the old system was better but wg never heard the saying if it aint broken dont fix it

also the changes to the missions are questionable because now on some of them completing the primary is easier than before but the secondary on some of them are just imposible

Balc0ra #4 Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:42 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66298 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

It's like with the old and new mission interface. It was not broken, but we are gonna fix it. I don't mind the new look. And it's not difficult to find missions etc. But I loved the simplicity and the filters the old had. And like with the mission interface, you have open more windows to find what you want. And you can't filter anything to just show missions, or just show missions on the map you have not done with honors.That's all I need. Vs now where you have to either click at the number, or swipe past all of them to find one done without honors.

Or a setting to just have the old one for those that want it for both this and the mission tab. It can't be that hard to add.

Edited by Balc0ra, 18 October 2017 - 07:43 PM.

K_A #5 Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:42 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13641 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Yeah they basically admitted that the old interface was simple, clear, easy to use, "but it was boring" so they changed it to this crap we have now... :angry:

ortega456 #6 Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 62740 battles
Great, I'm trying to find an overview over missions were I have left out secondary goals. But no....have to click through every single mission to get an overview. Fk that. They should fire their UI designers for changing things in a well intended way but fking it up in the process...

Barteh #7 Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:31 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 40334 battles
  • [QSF] QSF

Yeah that. The previous interface had simple filters, allowed hiding missions with honours and provided a nice line overview that you could browse through really quickly. Wasn't perfect, but now I'm spending a lot of time trying to find the mission I want to activate. I rarely visit these forums, but as I recently started the last set of missions I've become an active missions interface user again, and this 'improvement' is quite frustrating.

The 'specials' window has the same problem, I rarely if ever use the in game interface anymore, but rather check the website (the alternative that personal missions sadly doesn't have).

Why not provide a setting to go back to the regular interface?

Erwin_Von_Braun #8 Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:35 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38254 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

It's all down to their constant need to reinvent the wheel.

As changes go, this one isn't so bad - now all they have to do is FIX THE CHAT SERVERS:angry:

Barteh #9 Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:41 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 40334 battles
  • [QSF] QSF

Their constant need to take a perfectly round wheel and make it square more like it... I guess it makes for a good mythbusters show.

No chat servers I don't mind... I like the quiet for a change, no constant TB invites <3

mr_linchpin #10 Posted 22 October 2017 - 05:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12879 battles
wargaming mantra is "if its not broken, lets have a Vodkaparty and break it"

fwhaatpiraat #11 Posted 22 October 2017 - 06:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47313 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

I actually think WG needs praise for the changes to the personal missions. The changes to the missions and mechanics finally gave me some progression. Missions HT-12 (block 3 times your own hp), TD-15 and SPG-15 are such a pain in the [edited]if you don't have the right tanks for it. E.g. the way a type 4 heavy bounces 10k dmg or a Grille 15 used to do 8k dmg (before nerfs)...

Anyway, the new personal missions UI looks much fancier and the new sound is cool imo. The interface is not as easy to use as before but I like it anyway. Also, the new badges are a nice, cosmetic addition. 

Although almost nobody asked for the changes, I like them. Would be cool if the 'missions' interface also got reworked again so we can actually see what missions are around.

Mr_Deo #12 Posted 22 October 2017 - 08:51 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41691 battles
  • [ESAF] ESAF

View Postortega456, on 18 October 2017 - 06:43 PM, said:

Great, I'm trying to find an overview over missions were I have left out secondary goals. But no....have to click through every single mission to get an overview. Fk that. They should fire their UI designers for changing things in a well intended way but fking it up in the process...

Mine must be broken then, cause it seems easy to understand.

And while I would like a FEW changes to make some things more clear, it's not bad and I can see where I have left out secondary goals.

The Hatching line areas means a mission you cant select to do (because perquisites have not been completed).

It's not easy to quickly tell at a glance what tank group a mission is selected on.

Selecting a low tiered tank in the main screen can make it hard to mouseover the menu when in the garage to tell.

For those of us who had a LOT of the missions done, this change probably seemed pointless.  Imagine for a moment that you had virtually none of the missions done, and you can see how much better this is.  Previously there was a lot of scrolling, now there's none.

Your 4-7 clicks away from starting/improving a mission - That to me is good UI design.

Previously you would have been over that in every case, plus you would need to set filters to show things you previously had hidden.  The UI was so full of crap before that it would hide partially completed stuff, Now it shows everything.

I don't see why so many of you think it's bad.

Edited by Mr_Deo, 22 October 2017 - 09:04 PM.

K_A #13 Posted 22 October 2017 - 09:24 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13641 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMr_Deo, on 22 October 2017 - 07:51 PM, said:

And while I would like a FEW changes to make some things more clear, it's not bad and I can see where I have left out secondary goals.

The Hatching line areas means a mission you cant select to do (because perquisites have not been completed).

It's not easy to quickly tell at a glance what tank group a mission is selected on.

Selecting a low tiered tank in the main screen can make it hard to mouseover the menu when in the garage to tell.

For those of us who had a LOT of the missions done, this change probably seemed pointless.  Imagine for a moment that you had virtually none of the missions done, and you can see how much better this is.

Previously you would have been over that in every case, plus you would need to set filters to show things you previously had hidden.  The UI was so full of crap before that it would hide partially completed stuff, Now it shows everything.

Biggest problem with it is that it's clearly two steps in the wrong direction as far as ease of use is concerned. You don't have to point out where things are, we know that, but the point is that it's not as easy as the old UI. For one you can't see how many missions you've done with honors because they are not in an orderly list but instead scattered around the screen in these random-shaped pieces. 

For second, you lack all the filters which were super useful. Third, and partly connected to the lack of filters, each tank type are in their separate tabs instead of all in one simple list. This means more time clicking around finding the right missions instead of having them all there. 

I used to have the missions nicely filtered so that I had ALL missions of the particular reward tank, with the completed missions removed from sight, so I had a nice short list on one page of ALL the missions I still had to complete. Now I have to check each type separately and open pop-up tabs and go here and go there to get the same info I previously had all organised in one neat top-down list.

Block Quote

Imagine for a moment that you had virtually none of the missions done, and you can see how much better this is.

I now have all 75 Obj missions to do, and I don't find the new UI any better than the old one. 

Block Quote

Your 4-7 clicks away from starting/improving a mission - That to me is good UI design.

Old system was 3-4 clicks so the new one is indeed a step back.

Edited by K_A, 22 October 2017 - 09:28 PM.

ZlatanArKung #14 Posted 22 October 2017 - 09:35 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

View PostMr_Deo, on 22 October 2017 - 08:51 PM, said:

For those of us who had a LOT of the missions done, this change probably seemed pointless.  Imagine for a moment that you had virtually none of the missions done, and you can see how much better this is.  Previously there was a lot of scrolling, now there's none.

The first mission UK released,  you where 2 clocks away from finding the mission you wanted.

So this new UK is a downgrade. It is also harder to use and doesn't provide a clear view of the missions where you can in just a millisecond see which missions are with honors and not without any clicking needed.

This new mission UI is just as terrible as the new general mission UI they implemented some time back.

Let's hope they don't implement any more of these improvements, to like the tank carousel.

So instead of 3 clicks to find any tank, you will need 10....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users