New ANZ sever New ANZ server Account transfer

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Cigic #1 Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:01 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 24441 battles

Dear mods / fellow tankers,

you might not be aware but Wargaming is launching a new server.

It is called ANZ and its primarily released for Australian and New Zealand tankers who by now had terrible pings. I have for instance played on EU and have usually had 350ms ping.

It is currently organized as "Subdivision" of Asian server so migration from Asian sever is one mouse click.

Wargaming has organized transfers from NA server in following days.

I am surprised that there is no announcement from EU team when the will organize transfers.

If you are able to communicate this to someone who can action things please by all means do!

It is in everyone's best interest. Thanks!

Best Regards

Homer_J #2 Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:08 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27001 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCigic, on 19 October 2017 - 10:01 PM, said:

I am surprised that there is no announcement from EU team when the will organize transfers.

You are surprised?

You must be new here.

Spurtung #3 Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:10 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 60039 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostCigic, on 19 October 2017 - 11:01 PM, said:

If you are able to communicate this to someone who can action things please by all means do!

It is in everyone's best interest. Thanks!

Surprised? You're probably breaking the news to them.

Masternaut #4 Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23568 battles
  • [HSOP] HSOP

Someone is still surprised by the lack of communication from WoT EU?

TrewSx #5 Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 59039 battles

Surprisingly I am not surprised.

Axarn #6 Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26255 battles
  • [D-N-F] D-N-F
Did you also check the RU site? As Supreme Ruski verzion of Glorious MM & RNG t0nking is closer to ANZ then EU is...

BravelyRanAway #7 Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:41 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22194 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
Most of the time on the EU....we just chat among ourselves about announcements that get relayed on...from other servers.((((echo!))))

Balc0ra #8 Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62749 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
Considering NA to EU transfers is still not done as a result of their server merger and moving it. As NA last said they have not heard anything from EU... I can't say I'm.... surprised.

Red_Dragon_Firkraag #9 Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:48 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14788 battles

ANZ is supposed to play on either SEA or NA, not EU. I doubt Wargaming will organize a transfer for you few as that is not expected.

Besides, why did you decide to play here?

a) You're completely antipodal to our timezone (It'd be early morning for you when our prime time starts)

b) You get the worst latency imaginable. NA or SEA are better choices for you. RU4 (Novosibirsk) might be workable, but neither of the EU servers are useful for you.

Edited by Red_Dragon_Firkraag, 19 October 2017 - 10:49 PM.

Phobos4321 #10 Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:58 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 42802 battles

and hardly anyone playing on EU would want to be transfered to a server on the other side of the earth

also australia and new zealand  got together a population of about 28M 

while the 2 us servers fail while being backed by a pop of 323M (USA) + 36M (canada) 

seems hard to see anything but a bright future for it ...

Cigic #11 Posted 20 October 2017 - 04:12 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 24441 battles

View PostPhobos4321, on 19 October 2017 - 09:58 PM, said:

and hardly anyone playing on EU would want to be transfered to a server on the other side of the earth

also australia and new zealand  got together a population of about 28M 

while the 2 us servers fail while being backed by a pop of 323M (USA) + 36M (canada) 

seems hard to see anything but a bright future for it ...

Most of Australia and New Zealand haven't played wot at all yet.

Repulsing latency would probably be the main reason.

ANZ market is often regarded as small. Placing it in direct comparison with size of the US one can be misleading,

Just put the EU market size in the context of the Chinese market size in the same way and you'll understand.

It is really hard to draw any real conclusions from simply comparing just market size.

Unfortunately many companies follow your logic and are not willing to risk by entering ANZ.

On the other hand this is potentially a good thing because in this market WoT will not have large competition to drag it's players away.

You wouldn't believe what's still heavily played here these days.

View PostRed_Dragon_Firkraag, on 19 October 2017 - 09:48 PM, said:

ANZ is supposed to play on either SEA or NA, not EU. I doubt Wargaming will organize a transfer for you few as that is not expected.

Besides, why did you decide to play here?

a) You're completely antipodal to our timezone (It'd be early morning for you when our prime time starts)

b) You get the worst latency imaginable. NA or SEA are better choices for you. RU4 (Novosibirsk) might be workable, but neither of the EU servers are useful for you.

I am from EU originally so I already have considerable wot social network on eu servers.

Anyway, here in NZ, all currently available server connections have unfortunately created relatively unpleasant gaming experience. All pings were always well above 150 ms. In given scenario I decided to remain on EU server and I am not the only one, but now with ANZ server coming up I would definitely want to transfer my account.

Edited by Cigic, 20 October 2017 - 04:26 AM.

hson_hson #12 Posted 20 October 2017 - 10:26 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6486 battles

View PostPhobos4321, on 19 October 2017 - 11:58 PM, said:

+ ~420M (South America) + ~45M (Central America) 

Phobos4321 #13 Posted 20 October 2017 - 10:55 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 42802 battles

View PostCigic, on 20 October 2017 - 04:12 AM, said:

Most of Australia and New Zealand haven't played wot at all yet.

Repulsing latency would probably be the main reason.

ANZ market is often regarded as small. Placing it in direct comparison with size of the US one can be misleading,

Just put the EU market size in the context of the Chinese market size in the same way and you'll understand.

It is really hard to draw any real conclusions from simply comparing just market size.

Unfortunately many companies follow your logic and are not willing to risk by entering ANZ.

On the other hand this is potentially a good thing because in this market WoT will not have large competition to drag it's players away.

You wouldn't believe what's still heavily played here these days.

I am from EU originally so I already have considerable wot social network on eu servers.

Anyway, here in NZ, all currently available server connections have unfortunately created relatively unpleasant gaming experience. All pings were always well above 150 ms. In given scenario I decided to remain on EU server and I am not the only one, but now with ANZ server coming up I would definitely want to transfer my account.

its about statistics right   if you expect about 10% of the population to be gaming  it suddenly wont be 100% in australia

that should be the reason for the companies

also would large parts of the oceanic reagon would be tank entusiasts if tanks played a rather small role in their history ?

also another number comparison: your AZN server would be like  EU not having 2 servers total   but 3 servers for germany alone another 2 for france ...

isnt there a SEA server indonasia  and that region should have a decent amount of potential players   while offering decent ping for you

but as stated before the AZN server would skip all other servers  an a tranfer might be more probably to a neighboring server   so for EU it would be NA or Russia, thought for RU server there seems to be quite a large amount of botting ppl (remember a replay of NW where  about 29 players were bots) also there would be a language barrier for most europeans, than again changing to NA server  should be worse timezone wise  and going for a rather failed server might not be so smart anyway    

View Posthson_hson, on 20 October 2017 - 10:26 AM, said:

+ ~420M (South America) + ~45M (Central America) 

does the NA server comes alone with language selection ?  shouldnt be a problem if they got translations for other regeion anyway  thought logic and WG dont always go hand in hand

also the inet coverage might not be so great in some of the south american countries

i wouldnt dare to add the 1,2billion africans as potential EU server pop...

hson_hson #14 Posted 24 October 2017 - 12:04 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6486 battles

View PostPhobos4321, on 20 October 2017 - 11:55 AM, said:

does the NA server comes alone with language selection ?  shouldnt be a problem if they got translations for other regeion anyway  thought logic and WG dont always go hand in hand

also the inet coverage might not be so great in some of the south american countries

i wouldnt dare to add the 1,2billion africans as potential EU server pop...

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/forum/219-forum-francais/

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/forum/210-foro-espanol/

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/forum/233-forum-brasileiro/

Comments on forum and in-game with derogatory language against brasilian players isn't uncommon

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users