Why SO Angry With Defeat?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

TungstenHitman #1 Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:31 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18637 battles
  • [TKSV] TKSV
Anyone else get like this? I mean.. I can't win them all, it's 15vs15 and I'm nothing special so WHY do I get so angry with most losses? It's just a game, I didn't stand to gain anything really anyway, I'm not getting paid to win and if I have a good personal battle I still get something and decent stats and kills so why? Usually I settle down after a few battles and I tend to have a good win rate in general but 2-4 losses in a row and I really start to get annoyed lol.. please tell me this is a shared feeling? If not, I need to chill more.. I only downloaded this game to blow up tanks and I do that pretty much every battle anyway, that should be enough no?

BravelyRanAway #2 Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:50 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22194 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

This is me getting worked up during battle......

Because life's too short man.:harp:

K_A #3 Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:52 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13566 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Some people, me included, are just competitive by nature, and especially if I've pulled more than my weight and really carried hard only to fall right at the end, and then I watch my 3 remaining friendlies against one crippled enemy tank just throw away the easiest win in world of tanks history by doing the stupidest crapthey can possibly imagine really makes my blood boil sometimes. I don't lie I've sometimes had to alt+F4 out of the game to prevent me from doing permanent damage to my very expensive computer peripherals.. :harp:

Uebergewicht #4 Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11702 battles
  • [ATD] ATD

I´m only getting salty at defeats that were really unneccesary, when my team - or at least important parts of it - did something tremendously stupid. I dont mind losing per se as long as I personally do okay, but when your team got smoked so bad you can barely do anything before getting overrun it can get me a bit worked up - especially when I´m in a slow tank and cannot even reposition before I get rushed to death.

What strangely doesnt get me mad is when my team does something really stupid right in the beginning, like going valley on Lakeville or going beach on Overlord. That usually just makes a bit resignated. But thinking you could actually stand a chance at winning only to be five tanks down in two minutes is a typical isntance of "you´re all [edited]idiots".

laulaur #5 Posted 19 October 2017 - 11:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46450 battles

Don't worry, a lot of us get upset when we lose games. After all is a PvP game, that it is competitive by default - so it is normal to get upset when you lose.

But yeah, i also get angry sometimes fast but after that i start to think that is not wort it to get so upset for a game.

If you lose too many games in a row, just take a break and do something else. That if you don't have a credit booster activated.. ;)

AvengerOrion #6 Posted 19 October 2017 - 11:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25317 battles

I have no idea why I get angry that I lose when I end up 1st on my team, while the bottom 10 tanks combined do less damage than me, while #2-4 combined barely match me and while I am not even in a top tier tank.

Oh wait...

Edited by AvengerOrion, 19 October 2017 - 11:16 PM.

Strappster #7 Posted 19 October 2017 - 11:20 PM

General

• Player
  • 23609 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Same here - you put in a real effort, looking at where the team are going, where the enemy are being spotted, working out how best you can utilise the tools at your disposal and then there's half the team derping around at the back, hurrdurr i play 4 fun u try hard looser, and it's sometimes difficult to refrain from letting them know what I think.

I've tried communicating with the team but in randoms that's really just asking the guy with XVM to tell you that to stfu because you're not blurple. Sod 'em, randoms means playing for myself first, the team comes second. I'll support where I can but if they're running into the open and expecting not to get wiped then it's no longer my concern.

ZlatanArKung #8 Posted 19 October 2017 - 11:29 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles
Because sometimes, when you have created a graveyard behind you as a mid/buttom tier, and when arty finally managed to finish you off after 10 arty shells. But you managed to give your team a solid 5 tank advantage.

Your team mates still manage to lose because enemy put 1 guy in cap and your team mates doesn't manage to drive the 300m to base to kill him.

Yes, then I get angry.

Edited by ZlatanArKung, 19 October 2017 - 11:29 PM.

Chopin #9 Posted 19 October 2017 - 11:38 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 28245 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

I get angry when I lose

when I got lags

when shot misses, even though I was certain it would hit

when shot bounces, even though I was convinced it would pen

when enemy gets back behind cover 0.1 sec before I have reloaded

when premium tanks spam premium shells at me (thought they wanted to farm  credits) 

when I get shot but do not return it

when I die without having dealt at least the same amount of hp as my tank has

when teammates push me while I am aiming

when teammates block my sight while I am aiming

when teammates "steal" my kill

wheb teammates "steal" my kill, denying me the completion of a personal mission

when teammates kill each other, drown themselves, or suicide

whenever I flank and get hit by a camper Td

when light tanks camp at the back

when 10 tanks on one flank get held up by 2 enemy tanks

and most importantly,

every single time I get hit by arty

especially

when I am the only one who is spotting for the team (on prokhorovka... in a heavy).

Edited by Chopin, 19 October 2017 - 11:48 PM.

Slyspy #10 Posted 20 October 2017 - 12:03 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14169 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I get annoyed when I let myself down. I'm also frequently annoyed when my team throw away an advantage. But I'm never angry about it. 

HugSeal #11 Posted 20 October 2017 - 12:12 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22717 battles
  • [SWEC] SWEC

If I play badly and lose the game then I get annoyed at myself and do it better net´xt time. If I've done everything in my power to win and the team still manages to lose it I'll get angry though. It's just so frusrtating to have all the work put in obliterated because some people have no idea what they are doing.

Had a 5k+ game in my e25 the other day. Lost it because I ran out of ammo in the end. It's annoying when you've done as much as or more damage than the rest of the team combined and still cannot win it.

ExclamationMark #12 Posted 20 October 2017 - 12:25 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16679 battles
I get angry when I lose, only if it was winnable and I threw it.

LeMask #13 Posted 20 October 2017 - 06:52 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 31323 battles
  • [MAROC] MAROC
In this game, you need to have a good team to win. It's very hard to carry the team around.

And most players are mediocre as WG aimed for a large population. So everybody is welcome. Noob, unskilled players, cowards, oblivious, inconscious players etc... Everybody is welcome.

And the game is designed to not push them out. It's not punishing for being bad. But it can be punishing for being good.

Being good in wot = camping

You are not rewarded for "playing". Taking risks, trying nice actions etc...

So the game turns into a boring and frustrating thingy we all hate... You play the game for a few minutes and you are all like "weeee, tanks, guns, pew pew pew, you die, HAHA" then you lose... And look at the score of the team, they were all hiding waiting for a cooked meal to fall on their table...
Then again, then again, then again... No support, no help, no skills, no team work, no communication, no killer instinct etc... And then there is the gold ammo... You take an armored tank, and then a noob comes in and shoots you with 60k worth of credits and you die miserably...

It's a joke.

Just imagine WWII with gold ammo. A sherman tank penetrating tiger tanks from 2km away. and the Germans getting all frustrated "my 55tons tank is worthless..."

I mean, it's not you, the game is frustrating AF.

The problem is all the player who tell you "git gud" or "it's part of the game"... No critical sense, they just eat what they are served.

SeekerKuba #14 Posted 20 October 2017 - 07:24 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31316 battles
  • [TDSTR] TDSTR

View PostTungstenHitman, on 19 October 2017 - 11:31 PM, said:

Anyone else get like this? I mean.. I can't win them all, it's 15vs15 and I'm nothing special so WHY do I get so angry with most losses? It's just a game, I didn't stand to gain anything really anyway, I'm not getting paid to win and if I have a good personal battle I still get something and decent stats and kills so why? Usually I settle down after a few battles and I tend to have a good win rate in general but 2-4 losses in a row and I really start to get annoyed lol.. please tell me this is a shared feeling? If not, I need to chill more.. I only downloaded this game to blow up tanks and I do that pretty much every battle anyway, that should be enough no?

Be angry at yourself if your performance wasnt perfect.

Be angry (at WG) when you recive shoot from arty because is incredibly unballanced and unfair. They introduced it to game.

Dont be angry because of lost. If you did your job without mistakes you couldnt do more.

Dont be angry because of mm. It try to find ' equal ' tanks not players.

Dont be angry because of rng. Its just random number generator. Once is on your side once is not. Just take into cosideration you can low roll sometimes or bounce, so dont expose yourself to quickly.

Best advice is:

Play like you would farming 3 gunmark. Try to do your best and do as much dmg+spot combined as you can. Win/lost doesnt matter ;). If you play well it will be way above 50% for  last 1k battles. 

Edited by SeekerKuba, 20 October 2017 - 07:26 AM.

Emeraldweed #15 Posted 20 October 2017 - 07:30 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6098 battles
  • [-322-] -322-

Alot of things going through my mind during the battle, as i am a more of a team support than dmg dealer, am the kind of guy who will flank- push-spot-take unnecessary shots in order to win a flank etc 

I win my games by mind games. and all those thoughts erupt when the team doesn't comply, ie i take a risk in order to spot half the enemy team and my team aims at a hulldown t-34  instead of those sitting in the open that i just spotted.

Or when i ask for arty help in order to push a flank and win the game and he is  trying to shoot at a tank that was spotted 5 minutes ago on the other side of the map 

TankkiPoju #16 Posted 20 October 2017 - 07:36 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19663 battles

Probably because many losses happen because people are afraid getting their pixel tanks damaged, so they just camp until rest of team is dead.

Which is kind of stupid.

Jigabachi #17 Posted 20 October 2017 - 07:52 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17753 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Angy? No.
Annoyed? Hell yes.
But in the end, I mostly find it amusing how stupid human beings can be.

Captain_Kremen0 #18 Posted 20 October 2017 - 07:58 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36231 battles
I get frustrated but rarely angry. As a solidly orange average player I know when I should do better depending on the tank i'm in, which at tier 6/7 predominantly means support. Get mad at myself at the times when I'm top tier and KNOW I should have done things differently, but hard to think you should have carried a crumbling team in St Emil.

jack_timber #19 Posted 20 October 2017 - 08:21 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31214 battles

Rarely get annoyed, only at myself if anyone for making a wrong or bad move, never get angry.

I see WoT as a game I enjoy playing. If I were to get angry or annoyed to often then perhaps I wouldn't be enjoying the game so time to move on....

Yes there is the competitive spirit when you play but I make sure it doesn't spoil the enjoyment though.

You often see it in game or on this forum folks are as mad as 'ell by the comments they leave.

To be honest I find it amusing that some get that involved in a game designed for pleasure.

Well that's my outlook on the players mindset....

undutchable80 #20 Posted 20 October 2017 - 08:47 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6327 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I am too crap of a player to judge others on their gameplay, so I rarely get angry. Sometimes a deep sigh when our team outnumbers a flank and they fail to push, but mostly I experience annoyance with myself when I do something stupid in a game when I should have known / played better. Like fudging up a flanking move in my LT on a TD in a 2v3 winnable game and managing to flip myself on my side. Frustration & embarrassment leads to face-meet-palm and ignoring chat lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users