Chat problems - Silence of the WG Staff.

protoplasmic invertebrate jellies

• Please log in to reply
421 replies to this topic

Aikl #1 Posted 20 October 2017 - 11:57 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

POPULAR

Well, let's make an attempt at making this a bit more visible:

View PostKandly, on 18 November 2017 - 04:56 PM, said:

Hi guys! If you're still encountering some strange chat issues, please create a ticket using the WGCheck tool:) Our Support team will need this info to figure out what the problem is on an individual basis, since a fix was already deployed.

For the sake of convinience, I'm providing a template in case you have the same problem and feel lazy.

Do as Kandl says and download the WGCheck tool too. 

ALSO: Remove any and all mods from \World_Of_Tanks\res_mods and \mods to remove the possibility of them being a problem (and your report dismissed as being affected by mods) - to be sure remove the whole folder and making a new one to get rid of hidden files. Both the \mods and \res_mods folder are detected as containing mods.

Template:

Spoiler

Original post:

Spoiler

Edited by Aikl, 21 November 2017 - 09:04 PM.

Kozzy #2 Posted 20 October 2017 - 12:05 PM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

No swearing?  No promises to leave to a rival product?  No slagging off of the company or staff?  A thread that is critical of WG that is well-reasoned and not written in a (overly) hysterical manner?

What's going on?!

Edit: I wasn't being sarcastic, I thought this thread was going to be a breakthrough of sorts... never mind - business as usual on the forums.

But yeah, it takes just a few minutes to let players know there is an issue and it's not in their imagination/affecting just a few people.  Just a simple thread (could even be locked to posting) that says: "We are aware of several issues with the game at the moment including XX, YY and ZZ.  The developers are looking into this as I type and expect a fix soon (within X hours/days) but will update this thread when I know more." would make people feel a bit better about things.  Communication is such an on-going annoyance, even more so because it's an easy thing to get on top of, surely?

Edited by Kozzy, 20 October 2017 - 12:22 PM.

SaintMaddenus #3 Posted 20 October 2017 - 12:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33910 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

AIkl, someone is going to say it so it might as well be me....

They can't post and let us know cos their Chat is broken... :hiding:

Aikl #4 Posted 20 October 2017 - 12:10 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostKozzy, on 20 October 2017 - 11:05 AM, said:

No swearing?  No promises to leave to a rival product?  No slagging off of the company or staff?  A thread that is critical of WG that is well-reasoned and not written in a (overly) hysterical manner?

What's going on?!

But yeah, it takes just a few minutes to let players know there is an issue and it's not in their imagination/affecting just a few people.  Just a simple thread (could even be locked to posting) that says: "We are aware of several issues with the game at the moment including XX, YY and ZZ.  The developers are looking into this as I type and expect a fix soon (within X hours/days) but will update this thread when I know more." would make people feel a bit better about things.  Communication is such an on-going annoyance, even more so because it's an easy thing to get on top of, surely?

My point exactly. I don't doubt the ability of the developers, but you can't blame people for doing it when nothing's commented on.

This thread was bound to be a little bit hysterical; as a non-native English speaker I lack the ability to fine-tune the language properly. Oh, and also because it feels like this happens every goddarn time there's something. Anyway, I felt the Lily Allen song added what I might have lacked to reach up to the traditional standards of this forum.

Heck, I enjoy playing tanks, not going to quit, which is kind of why I care. Closing the wallet has become a joke now, but every time stuff like this happens I get another thought in my head when the PayPal window pops up. That's what WG should consider too. 

There's been a few threads where we've communicated well with the forum WG staff. However, every one of my, and other people's, attempts at pointing out that it looks like Wargaming are a bunch of incompetent fools are ignored. I can see the positive in certain things. I can understand why WG is catering to certain players (that annoy the crap out of other players) - but I can't grasp why stuff like that isn't commented on (beyond joke answers in Russian Q&As).

Edited by Aikl, 20 October 2017 - 12:13 PM.

Homer_J #5 Posted 20 October 2017 - 12:13 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Usually the German staff are more communicative so I had a Google translate powered delve into the German forum and apparently the problem is fixed as of Yesterday and two days ago.

Still digging.

Ceeb #6 Posted 20 October 2017 - 12:18 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 30079 battles

WG communicate with the EU server... LOL

You must be new here.

Aikl #7 Posted 20 October 2017 - 12:18 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostHomer_J, on 20 October 2017 - 11:13 AM, said:

Usually the German staff are more communicative so I had a Google translate powered delve into the German forum and apparently the problem is fixed as of Yesterday and two days ago.

Still digging.

Hm. It's indeed claimed to be, but strictly speaking that's correct - everything was working fine yesterday except for a select few players. UrQuan wasn't able to join platoons. Could chat, but no platooning.

View PostSehales, on 19 October 2017 - 01:22 PM, said:

Auf unserer Seite scheint es in Ordnung zu sein und wir können die Chatserver-Probleme aktuell nicht nachvollziehen. Falls der Fehler weiterhin besteht, so entfernt bitte alle Mods, erstellt einen WGCheck Bericht und sendet ihn an den Kundendienst.

On our side everything is in order. We can't understand (why) you have chat problems at the moment. If the problem persists, remove all mods and create a WGCheck report and send it to customer service.

Things have stopped way too fudgin' low when I have to dig through German forums to get an answer that's ultimately not really helpful.

View PostCeeb, on 20 October 2017 - 11:18 AM, said:

WG communicate with the EU server... LOL

You must be new here.

Haha, I know. I'm a nice person, however, even if my faith in humanity is on an all-time low after five-six years of playing tonks. At this point it's mostly an experiement into how much whining WG can ignore. I'm going to bump this crappy topic all day. Feel free to bump it with something I can reply with to skirt the spamming aspect of the forum rules. :P

View PostSehales, on 19 October 2017 - 12:55 PM, said:

Es sollte eigentlich nicht mehr so sein (ich kann das Problem auch nicht reproduzieren). Falls der Fehler weiterhin besteht, so entfernt bitte alle Mods, erstellt einen WGCheck Bericht und sendet ihn an den Kundendienst.

Sehales, any updates?

Edited by Aikl, 20 October 2017 - 12:27 PM.

Homer_J #8 Posted 20 October 2017 - 12:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostAikl, on 20 October 2017 - 12:18 PM, said:

Things have stopped way too fudgin' low when I have to dig through German forums to get an answer that's ultimately not really helpful.

It's no worse than things have ever been.  Often we have had to go to the RU forum to find answers.

I miss Ectar, I never thought he did that good a job here until he left.

Aikl #9 Posted 20 October 2017 - 12:26 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostHomer_J, on 20 October 2017 - 11:23 AM, said:

It's no worse than things have ever been.  Often we have had to go to the RU forum to find answers.

I guess it's really not; I've been around for long enough to know that. For me it has kind of reached the boiling point perfect temperature to steep black tea.

Aikl #10 Posted 20 October 2017 - 12:37 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
Ah, now it's working again. Still funny how you can have various problems over to-three days and feel that "no comment" is the best approach - which was my main point anyway.

Homer_J #11 Posted 20 October 2017 - 12:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I'm still annoyed about the 83mm British HE shell debacle. :angry:

But at least we got communication then, even if it was to say we were getting stiffed.

Edited by Homer_J, 20 October 2017 - 01:00 PM.

Aikl #12 Posted 20 October 2017 - 01:02 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostHomer_J, on 20 October 2017 - 11:59 AM, said:

I'm still annoyed about the 83mm British HE shell debacle. :angry:

But at least we got communication then, even if it was to say we were getting stiffed.

That was reason to get really pissed if I understood how RU got treated as opposed to EU. Almost comical.

Some sort of attention to the matter would be nice. I'm guessing we'll get the usual "we don't tell you anything because you only accuse us of lying :'-( "

Aikl #13 Posted 20 October 2017 - 03:54 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Doesn't seem to be particularly stable still. 

Spoiler

Edited by Aikl, 20 October 2017 - 03:57 PM.

miliardo #14 Posted 20 October 2017 - 06:53 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29927 battles
For me the contact list still isn't working. Don't know if it was fixed today or not, but now when I logged in..nothing

Edited by miliardo, 20 October 2017 - 06:53 PM.

ZlatanArKung #15 Posted 20 October 2017 - 07:20 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles
And then WG wonders why no one takes their moderators serious or think they are are, in general,  doing a pretty bad job....

VarzA #16 Posted 20 October 2017 - 07:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18081 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

It's this way to act + fochgate that really annoy me when i see them platoon with some streamer and instead of going 'oh hey, that's dude x from WG ... he sounds nice, good bloke' i go 'it's that muppet from WG, gee ... i wish i had his do-nothing job'.

C'mon WG .... this stuff impacts you too, at least say something (useful).

PS: If it went this long without an answer it means that corporate is at fault, and not the guy/guys who handle some PR.

Edited by VarzA, 20 October 2017 - 07:39 PM.

Browarszky #17 Posted 20 October 2017 - 07:39 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16020 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

View Postmiliardo, on 20 October 2017 - 05:53 PM, said:

For me the contact list still isn't working. Don't know if it was fixed today or not, but now when I logged in..nothing

It worked for a while. It was even still working about an hour ago for me.

Murphy1up #18 Posted 20 October 2017 - 07:43 PM

Lieutenant General

• Military Reserve
  • 11249 battles
  • [-QQ-] -QQ-

View PostHomer_J, on 20 October 2017 - 11:23 AM, said:

Ouch

Aikl #19 Posted 20 October 2017 - 07:47 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postmiliardo, on 20 October 2017 - 05:53 PM, said:

For me it works on EU2 but not EU1. For some it's the opposite. For others again it works fine. Sounds like sync issues. Probably tricky to figure out. The good thing is that it works to get invites cross-server for platoons and TBs. Still annoying that WG Paris has taken a long weekend for the heck of it.

View PostZlatanArKung, on 20 October 2017 - 06:20 PM, said:

And then WG wonders why no one takes their moderators serious or think they are are, in general, doing a pretty bad job....

To be fair, it's probably a matter of policy that staff have to shut their holes until they're told otherwise. Naming/shaming Ph3lan and MrConway is simply because on the forums they are the face outwards. The actual people (since Jahra...something is Kevin, let's say call them Bob and Frank respectively). Bob and Frank are most certainly very nice people with what appears to be a nice, comfy job where they do what they're told. They are employees, but ultimately part of the job of an employee representing a company is to answer for the crap the company does. Sometimes it sucks, but we're not angry at Bob or Frank. We're annoyed by Wargaming's way of nonchalantly ignoring ongoing issues.

Soon, the level of WG-player interaction will be fine, as players at some point decide that paying money to a company they don't like isn't a good idea. Currently, I'd like a month of premium time. Maybe I'll buy a sixpack of beer instead. Who knows?

m1x_angelico #20 Posted 20 October 2017 - 08:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22295 battles
  • [-VETO] -VETO
Still issues

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users