Lost xp on M41 Bulldog

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

DracusDark #1 Posted 21 October 2017 - 03:51 AM

Private

• Player
  • 5695 battles

So... WG decided to remove the option of going T54E1 from the M41 Bulldog and I basicly have 131k XP I'm not gonna use for anything!?

Does anyone know if its even worth complaining to WG about moving the xp, so I can get closer to the T54E1??

Proper fuming after having spent ages in that piece of crap M41 Bulldog, which is now just wasted time...

Balc0ra #2 Posted 21 October 2017 - 04:11 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62764 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Well to be fair, it was announced months ago. I don't expect everyone to look at the portal every day. But checking for upcoming changes or patch notes now and then is not the worst idea so this won't happen again. As line changes is not an uncommon thing. Even less so now when each patch is balance focused.

Homer_J #3 Posted 21 October 2017 - 07:27 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27023 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDracusDark, on 21 October 2017 - 03:51 AM, said:

Does anyone know if its even worth complaining to WG about moving the xp, 

I know at least one person did raise a ticket and they said no dice but I think it's worth everyone who has been affected raising a ticket so they know how widespread the problem is.

DerpYa #4 Posted 21 October 2017 - 07:31 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5037 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 21 October 2017 - 04:11 AM, said:

Well to be fair, it was announced months ago. I don't expect everyone to look at the portal every day. But checking for upcoming changes or patch notes now and then is not the worst idea so this won't happen again. As line changes is not an uncommon thing. Even less so now when each patch is balance focused.

The aliens tell you that they will destroy Earth. You'we been warned. Still, you can't do exactly... NOTHING.

Same with this "maneuver" from Wg.

We must cough up GOLD for retraining and making Xp lost to "free xp", or get shafted.

Homer_J #5 Posted 21 October 2017 - 08:27 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27023 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBalc0ra, on 21 October 2017 - 04:11 AM, said:

Well to be fair, it was announced months ago.

Did they?

I knew they were splitting the T71 into two, I wasn't aware they were removing any links between the two branches until the test server arrived, and TBH even then I didn't pay any attention to it because it's not a path I'm taking.

Also the last time they tried to remove that link they backtracked.

OK you might expect the T71 to T69 link to vanish but not the M41 to T54E1.

They didn't remove the LTTB to T-54 link.  They didn't remove the HWK to Leo PT link.  Or SPIC to Indien Pz.  Or WZ-132 to WZ-120.

In fact the more you look at it the more it looks like a mistake.

Edited by Homer_J, 21 October 2017 - 08:34 AM.

Orkbert #6 Posted 21 October 2017 - 09:03 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24662 battles

View PostDracusDark, on 21 October 2017 - 03:51 AM, said:

So... WG decided to remove the option of going T54E1 from the M41 Bulldog and I basicly have 131k XP I'm not gonna use for anything!?

Does anyone know if its even worth complaining to WG about moving the xp, so I can get closer to the T54E1??

Proper fuming after having spent ages in that piece of crap M41 Bulldog, which is now just wasted time...

Hey Drama Queen, in your garage you got:

-a Löwe

-a Super Pershing

-a Rheinmetall Skorpion

-a Strv S1

and others.

You haven't lost 131k XP, you're just oddly refusing to spend 15 to 20 Bucks (about one tenth of what you had to spend for those premium tanks) to convert it into something usable.

MeetriX #7 Posted 21 October 2017 - 09:43 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 18576 battles

View PostDerpYa, on 21 October 2017 - 07:31 AM, said:

The aliens tell you that they will destroy Earth. You'we been warned. Still, you can't do exactly... NOTHING.

We must cough up GOLD for retraining and making Xp lost to "free xp", or get shafted.

“But the plans were on display…”
“On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them.”
“That’s the display department.”
“With a flashlight.”
“Ah, well, the lights had probably gone.”
“So had the stairs.”
“But look, you found the notice, didn’t you?”
“Yes,” said Arthur, “yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard.”

medecus #8 Posted 26 October 2017 - 04:07 PM

Private

• Player
  • 34348 battles
  • [N-AGE] N-AGE

View PostDracusDark, on 21 October 2017 - 02:51 AM, said:

I did complain, a lot in fact, and the result was a recommendation to write on forums as only the developers can change it. I have 198k XP that I can not use now, it was transferred from T49 to M41 when they made T49 tier 9, I kept working with the bulldog to go for T57 Heavy and now, basically, we are screwed.

If any smartguy will check my garage and say I spent a ton of money already, why not paying some extra to convert the XP to free XP I will tell him it's not his [edited]business what I do with my money!

So yes, I will continue to complain for as long as I can.

SuedKAT #9 Posted 26 October 2017 - 04:12 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDerpYa, on 21 October 2017 - 07:31 AM, said:

The difference is that if you knew this would happen and did nothing you wouldn't have 131k XP on a tank that can't use it for anything.

DerpYa #10 Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:02 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5037 battles

View PostSuedKAT, on 26 October 2017 - 04:12 PM, said:

The difference is that if you knew this would happen and did nothing you wouldn't have 131k XP on a tank that can't use it for anything.

Another troll, bashing without even bothering to f'kin READ what others wrote. :(

I've lost "only" ~41K Xp, not 131K, like the OP.

Labrador_wow_wow #11 Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:33 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26682 battles
  • [I-C-U] I-C-U

Yep, same here. I have a touch over 200k xp on my Bulldog that I can't use. The T49 had been unlocked ages ago and I was going for the T54E1. 

Seriously, are they expecting people to constantly trawl through the forums and upcoming patch notes (not to mention the removal of the M41->T54E1 link would be one line buried among 50 others)?

I wouldn't complain if there was a warning in-game. Quite pissed by the time I spent playing the Bulldog that stopped being fun once they removed the auto-loader. GRRRRRR WG, GGRRRRRRR!

SuedKAT #12 Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:07 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDerpYa, on 27 October 2017 - 05:02 PM, said:

Another troll, bashing without even bothering to f'kin READ what others wrote. :(

I've lost "only" ~41K Xp, not 131K, like the OP.

You see if aliens told us that they would destroy the earth and we could do nothing to prevent that we'd be powerless and stuck in that situation.

When they announced that this would happen we knew that if we did nothing we wouldn't be affected, we wouldn't have XP stuck on a tank that couldn't use it, we'd had all the power in the world to avoid any negative outcome what so ever.

You've literally described the exact opposite scenario off what happened here...

Mr_Deo #13 Posted 28 October 2017 - 12:44 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39949 battles
  • [ESAF] ESAF

View PostLabrador_wow_wow, on 27 October 2017 - 04:33 PM, said:

Yep, same here. I have a touch over 200k xp on my Bulldog that I can't use. The T49 had been unlocked ages ago and I was going for the T54E1. 

Seriously, are they expecting people to constantly trawl through the forums and upcoming patch notes (not to mention the removal of the M41->T54E1 link would be one line buried among 50 others)?

I wouldn't complain if there was a warning in-game. Quite pissed by the time I spent playing the Bulldog that stopped being fun once they removed the auto-loader. GRRRRRR WG, GGRRRRRRR!

Didnt I reply to you in another topic somewhere about this issue?

So you had 200k+ xp on your bulldog, and the t54e1 was 170k.. But WG is at fault here for not helping you.

You were happy grinding 30k past where you needed to, You should feel silly for saving that xp up... I have no doubt some players (not saying you, but perhaps giving a implication here that it could be you) were hoping all extra XP would be converted to FreeXP, your not the first person to go well and truly over enough xp to fully research it, THEN wait until it is all said and done and complain.  I would file a ticket and ask for them to unlock the t54e1 and remove the xp from your bulldog, but don't hold out hopes.

Truthfully they should really use a bit of logic on patch day.  Users should be given the option of what to do with the xp (before they are allowed to play the tank again!) and it should fit into the lines of how the tree was prior to patch, or allow you to keep it with the current tank it is on.

Pandabird #14 Posted 28 October 2017 - 12:51 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33973 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF

well i was grinding T54 through the LW, after the collapse that was paris patch i quit. When i came back it was stuck on LTTB, the worst LT for me.

Anyways lol bananans who cares. dead game

Labrador_wow_wow #15 Posted 28 October 2017 - 11:11 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26682 battles
  • [I-C-U] I-C-U

View PostMr_Deo, on 27 October 2017 - 11:44 PM, said:

Didnt I reply to you in another topic somewhere about this issue?

So you had 200k+ xp on your bulldog, and the t54e1 was 170k.. But WG is at fault here for not helping you.

You were happy grinding 30k past where you needed to, You should feel silly for saving that xp up... I have no doubt some players (not saying you, but perhaps giving a implication here that it could be you) were hoping all extra XP would be converted to FreeXP, your not the first person to go well and truly over enough xp to fully research it, THEN wait until it is all said and done and complain.  I would file a ticket and ask for them to unlock the t54e1 and remove the xp from your bulldog, but don't hold out hopes.

Truthfully they should really use a bit of logic on patch day.  Users should be given the option of what to do with the xp (before they are allowed to play the tank again!) and it should fit into the lines of how the tree was prior to patch, or allow you to keep it with the current tank it is on.

The XP required was ~230k (can't remember the exact number). You're thinking about the T69 that requires 170k to go to the T54E1. 

So there's that...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users