Dealing with crap teams?

mm siema pl cz/sk pozdraw tomatoes kids

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

komunistu33 #1 Posted 21 October 2017 - 01:21 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8093 battles

I don't understand how it was possible but I lost game after game in steamrolls. For context I just started grinding the T25 AT tier 7 American TD.  I've grinded the Jackson before and finished the grind with 2.8k wn8 and 61% WR but I must admit I didn't grind any modules on it, I freeXPd all the way to the top gun. 

Right now I'm 37 battles in at a whopping 1400 wn8 and 45% WR and I mostly blame the teams and RNG in some cases for these lopsided battles and poor performance. 

Here are some replays (with video included):

Numero 1: http://wotreplays.eu...unistu33-t25_at we get Lakeville(sigh) with two tier 9 LTs, and what do these players do? They rush to the valley, you know where this is going, lost. I did some bad sniping so I take half the blame too, even though I was bottom tier and stock.

Numero 2: http://wotreplays.eu...unistu33-t25_at ah, the glorious map "Highway", two tier 6 LTs platooned rush towards the city, I'm positioned to shoot the field. I must've misgendered them since they're probably tankfluid and this game they were 'stronk HT', they die, we lose, oh and see the absolute RNG and how it's treating me, 3 bounces on a same tier TD because -25% RNG on pen is dynamic. 

Numero 3: http://wotreplays.eu...unistu33-t25_at Abbey, it was an okay game imo, too bad the team was too bad and I got shot by arty at the end. 

Numero 4: http://wotreplays.eu...unistu33-t25_at and here is a win, finally. 

This has been my grind in highlights, both okay and bad games, not just the "very best" posted. Among other games I must do a shoutout to all the 40%ers on my team, I can't believe how many 42% and 43%ers I've actually encountered, not even up to 45% players and I'm not talking new players, over 10k battles ones. I even met a 39,4% player with 30k battles, and, obviously he was on my team. (where else?). 

So, how am I supposed to break even when the odds are stacked up against me, when I get Kharkov/Ensk/Himmelsdorf in +2MM and my 3 top tiers are a platoon of 39-42%ers? How can I effectively put out damage when my LTs are too oblivious and instead of scouting on maps like Malinovka/Redshire/Fiery Salient they sit in a bush next to TDs? How can I be effective when I have to trade with an enemy TD (if the situation calls for it) and I bounce 3/4 aimed shots while he snapshots me? How can I establish a cross-fire on maps like Ruinberg if our LTs and MTs don't go middle and instead go and snipe HTs in the city from the TD/SPG spawn/camp location? In short, how can I be effective in a meh TD when the team is a letdown?

jack_timber #2 Posted 21 October 2017 - 01:40 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32355 battles

Random battles are, well, a collection of 29 others some good some not so good, I never know because I don't use XVM, so have to see what's happening as the battle unfolds.

I am sure some only play because they like shooting tanks, well I do, and don't worry to much about stats.

So there are a couple of options:

Join a Clan, I tried it wasn't to keen on it.

Platoon up with friends.

Stick at it, it may just get better.

I am sure others will also have an input but maybe not what you want to hear.....

Enforcer1975 #3 Posted 21 October 2017 - 01:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20418 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Dunno....i would be happy with your recent and very recent winrate.....you seem to get better crap teams than i do.

komunistu33 #4 Posted 21 October 2017 - 01:50 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8093 battles

View Postjack_timber, on 21 October 2017 - 01:40 PM, said:

Random battles are, well, a collection of 29 others some good some not so good, I never know because I don't use XVM, so have to see what's happening as the battle unfolds.

I am sure some only play because they like shooting tanks, well I do, and don't worry to much about stats.

So there are a couple of options:

Join a Clan, I tried it wasn't to keen on it.

Platoon up with friends.

Stick at it, it may just get better.

I am sure others will also have an input but maybe not what you want to hear.....

I don't run xvm or any mods but I check out of curiosity post battle to see how "great" my team was.. most of the times not one player that breaks 50% mark... AFAIK platooning has been quite shite recently as in you get punished for platooning so I'm not so sure.

View PostEnforcer1975, on 21 October 2017 - 01:45 PM, said:

Dunno....i would be happy with your recent and very recent winrate.....you seem to get better crap teams than i do.

My recents are in the Jackson which I grinded at ~61% WR, the problem is in this tank. The problem is I do less damage in this than in the Jackson since it's more team dependent (350 base viewrange vs 370 base viewrange in the jackson) so I need people to spot for me in this and 9/10 times I get no spots because LTs are shite players. 

Rati_Festa #5 Posted 21 October 2017 - 02:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41312 battles

View Postkomunistu33, on 21 October 2017 - 01:50 PM, said:

I don't run xvm or any mods but I check out of curiosity post battle to see how "great" my team was.. most of the times not one player that breaks 50% mark... AFAIK platooning has been quite shite recently as in you get punished for platooning so I'm not so sure.

My recents are in the Jackson which I grinded at ~61% WR, the problem is in this tank. The problem is I do less damage in this than in the Jackson since it's more team dependent (350 base viewrange vs 370 base viewrange in the jackson) so I need people to spot for me in this and 9/10 times I get no spots because LTs are shite players. 

gunslingerXXX #6 Posted 21 October 2017 - 02:21 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10650 battles

First games in 3x or 5x weekends are always very bad RNG teams. Game is rigged.

TORKARDGIANT #7 Posted 21 October 2017 - 02:22 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14338 battles
I've had a bad time team wise since the latest update the only thing you can do is keep plugging on " Through the mud and the blood to the green fields beyond"  you will hit a good patch sooner or later i seem to get pretty much all win periods followed by almost all loss

Rati_Festa #8 Posted 21 October 2017 - 02:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41312 battles

Lights can have a massive affect on the out come of the game. They are my favourate class and im pretty decent in them. I agree with you about light players in general most are quite poor, I assume they are trying to complete the personal missions and dont play the class a lot. You get very few pure spotters anymore as well a lot of lights in game are auto loaders and they tend to try and farm damage.

Whoops quote and reply got separated.

Edited by Rati_Festa, 21 October 2017 - 02:24 PM.

TungstenHitman #9 Posted 21 October 2017 - 02:29 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20553 battles

Simple really. Same advice I gave to the other guy, don't waste your time with turretless tanks. The game just doesn't suit them anymore. Small maps, busy maps with very few ranged maps so statistically you will be fighting medium to close quarters against guys that will press 2(like me) to negate your superior pen and just track and pick apart your crippled fixed gunned tank while you punch the pc screen in frustration.

Does 1 nice battle for 2-4 awkward, compromised, rage inducing battles sound fun to you? because it sure don't to me!

RamRaid90 #10 Posted 21 October 2017 - 02:32 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20535 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 21 October 2017 - 01:21 PM, said:

:teethhappy:

Aikl #11 Posted 21 October 2017 - 02:37 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Here's a checklist. One or more from this should help:

• Stop playing boring tanks (to taste)
  • Stop grinding shitty tanks
  • Find a few tanks you enjoy playing
  • Set your own goals (that contribute to a win)
  • Get drunk.

Currently I'm doing a mix of these. Grinding when I'm in the mood, playing funny tanks when I'm not. Grinding can be important to keep the game a bit 'fresh', key is to not have six stock T8 grinds going on at once. In that case, the 'get drunk' part is very relevant.

(Although I hardly drink anymore; part of that is that I don't want to feel the need for a beer every time I play a goddamn computer game.)

Edited by Aikl, 21 October 2017 - 02:39 PM.

komunistu33 #12 Posted 21 October 2017 - 02:41 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8093 battles

View PostRati_Festa, on 21 October 2017 - 02:19 PM, said:

You can check stats on numerous sites like wotstats.org to see how you hold up, you don't need XVM for that, so your point is moot since I wasn't contradicting myself. 

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 21 October 2017 - 02:21 PM, said:

It was during weekdays... 

View PostTORKARDGIANT, on 21 October 2017 - 02:22 PM, said:

I've had a bad time team wise since the latest update the only thing you can do is keep plugging on " Through the mud and the blood to the green fields beyond"  you will hit a good patch sooner or later i seem to get pretty much all win periods followed by almost all loss

I get a game or two in a sessions but get every game and it's frustrating. Two minutes in and the scores are 1-12, you can't even type something in chat and it's 2-14 already and you're alone. 

View PostRati_Festa, on 21 October 2017 - 02:23 PM, said:

Lights can have a massive affect on the out come of the game. They are my favourate class and im pretty decent in them. I agree with you about light players in general most are quite poor, I assume they are trying to complete the personal missions and dont play the class a lot. You get very few pure spotters anymore as well a lot of lights in game are auto loaders and they tend to try and farm damage.

Whoops quote and reply got separated.

What frustrates me is that I'm trying to complete LT-15 with honors and I cant get an open map, Himmelsforf and Stalingrad and other crap maps in the rotation. But when I get these maps and am in a TD my own LTs are terrible and can't do sh*t. 

View PostTungstenHitman, on 21 October 2017 - 02:29 PM, said:

Simple really. Same advice I gave to the other guy, don't waste your time with turretless tanks. The game just doesn't suit them anymore. Small maps, busy maps with very few ranged maps so statistically you will be fighting medium to close quarters against guys that will press 2(like me) to negate your superior pen and just track and pick apart your crippled fixed gunned tank while you punch the pc screen in frustration.

Does 1 nice battle for 2-4 awkward, compromised, rage inducing battles sound fun to you? because it sure don't to me!

Well, am grinding this since it's ToTT and really want that E3, played it on the test server and it's OP. (might have a bit to do with the players playing but still)

komunistu33 #13 Posted 21 October 2017 - 02:44 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8093 battles

View PostAikl, on 21 October 2017 - 02:37 PM, said:

Here's a checklist. One or more from this should help:

• Stop playing boring tanks (to taste)
  • Stop grinding shitty tanks
  • Find a few tanks you enjoy playing
  • Set your own goals (that contribute to a win)
  • Get drunk.

Currently I'm doing a mix of these. Grinding when I'm in the mood, playing funny tanks when I'm not. Grinding can be important to keep the game a bit 'fresh', key is to not have six stock T8 grinds going on at once. In that case, the 'get drunk' part is very relevant.

(Although I hardly drink anymore; part of that is that I don't want to feel the need for a beer every time I play a goddamn computer game.)

I actually like this tank because it's rather mobile, but the low VR means it's highly dependent on teams, particularly LTs which is annoying. And I am powergrinding it (with boosters active), grinded the Jackson in a day or two but that tank was actually fun.

I burned through an 8 pack of beer yesterday while grinding, don't know how much sh*tfaced I need to get. :unsure:

gunslingerXXX #14 Posted 21 October 2017 - 03:12 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10650 battles

View Postkomunistu33, on 21 October 2017 - 02:41 PM, said:

It was during weekdays... 

Weekdays are rigged as well

Aikl #15 Posted 21 October 2017 - 03:13 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postkomunistu33, on 21 October 2017 - 01:44 PM, said:

I actually like this tank because it's rather mobile, but the low VR means it's highly dependent on teams, particularly LTs which is annoying. And I am powergrinding it (with boosters active), grinded the Jackson in a day or two but that tank was actually fun.

I burned through an 8 pack of beer yesterday while grinding, don't know how much sh*tfaced I need to get. :unsure:

You seem to be doing it right in my eyes, though if you're annoyed with the game even when drinking you're doing something wrong :P

CmdPrompt #16 Posted 21 October 2017 - 03:17 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30896 battles
  • [B-D-O] B-D-O
weekends suck, currently 30 games 4 wins

Also tagged with mm, siema pl, cz/sk, pozdraw, tomatoes, kids

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users