Jump to content


How WG is manipulating us all


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

Poll: true or false (40 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

True or false ?

  1. Yes (23 votes [46.94%])

    Percentage of vote: 46.94%

  2. No (26 votes [53.06%])

    Percentage of vote: 53.06%

Vote Hide poll

Drackas #1 Posted 21 October 2017 - 10:13 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 30058 battles
  • 8
  • [_ELF_] _ELF_
  • Member since:
    04-13-2013

Hi all 

 

Any of you share the same feeling ?

Every couple of months we get new updates and new changes . 

In fact , i believe the real problems are still there . 

Lets refresh >

MM === it was the bigest problem of all . They changed the system and for a version we had , somehow , a better mm . 

This update ??? We are back of having really unbalanced MM . 

 

Map rotaion == another change for benefit of players 

This update ?  Good bye map rotation . Havent seen some maps in days (olso a lot of people I talked)

 

How we end up here again ??? 

WG slowly change , we got used slowly , we didnt notice and tada , we are back to same problems . 

This was magic act , we were focus on other things and the real magic happend somewhere else . 

 

 



Martijn_mk2 #2 Posted 21 October 2017 - 10:23 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 5840 battles
  • 291
  • Member since:
    03-19-2013
Potato's

commer #3 Posted 21 October 2017 - 10:32 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 38081 battles
  • 1,995
  • Member since:
    06-14-2011

View PostDrackas, on 21 October 2017 - 10:13 PM, said:

Hi all 

 

Do Any of you share the same feeling ?

Every couple of months we get new updates and new changes (no space required) 

In fact  (no space required and no comma required), i believe the real (this makes no sense, no one suggested the problems are not real or they are not here) problems are still there . 

Lets Let's refresh > (what is this crap? learn to use ":")

MM === it was is the bigest problem of all . They changed the system and for a version we had , somehow , supposedly a better mm version

With Tthis update ??? Wwe are back of having to really unbalanced MM . 

 

Map rotaion == was another change for the benefit of the players 

This update ?  Good bye map rotation . Haven't seen some maps in days (also same for a lot of people I talked to)

 

How did we end up here again ??

WG slowly changes, we got used adapt slowly,. We didn't notice and tada, we are now back to same previous problems . 

This was magic act , we were focus on other things and the real magic happend somewhere else .  (This just makes no sense)

 

 

 

I've spent some time with your post because I would really want for conspiracy theorists to work on their grammar. I'm sure my suggestions are not perfect but this is an English language forum so don't butcher the damn language.

 

Also your sentence makes no sense so I have no idea what nonsense you are suggesting. Maybe WG *edit up the matchmaker but I have no idea what has changed exactly. I think you suggest the map rotation is worse than it was and also something else I don't clearly understand. Still I have no idea why are you suggesting WG *edit up their mm on purpose.


Edited by Jbnn, 22 October 2017 - 09:17 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to use of inappropriate remarks


BravelyRanAway #4 Posted 21 October 2017 - 10:37 PM

    General

  • Beta Tester
  • 22370 battles
  • 8,741
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View PostDrackas, on 21 October 2017 - 09:13 PM, said:

How WG is manipulating us all

Eerrh....it's a F2P game that uses standard effective F2P psychology to make you part with your money.....it's been like that since day one.



unrealname #5 Posted 21 October 2017 - 10:39 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 21774 battles
  • 1,014
  • Member since:
    10-31-2013

well it depends what tanks u play, for tiers 9s this new MM is pretty much godlike. If we talk about tier 8s or 6s, it highly depends on what tank u play, light tanks dont give crap about mm, its epic as it is now anyway. I think the biggest problem of all is that credit grinding has become harder than before, but then again it depends what tank u play, for me i definitely dont care about that in scorpion G and lowe, but it hurts a bit in Ravioli (dont play any other tier 8 prems for credits and probably wont, because rest feels crap and i got rid of them :D). As i dont have any preferential mm tier 8s cant tell, but it seems that those struggle even more than ravioli. I wouldnt play Is6 in current meta + mm, even if i got paid for it lol.

 

to be completely honest for me absolutely worst mm is when i get to be top tier in a paper tank, usually end up not doing much or get rekt by arty in first minutes of the game. i rather prefer being in the middle or even bottom tier in those cases as u dont get focused that much.  from regular tier 8 tanks IS3 for me  doesnt give a crap about being bottom tier, still can carry the games, for the same reason, u dont get focused - easy dmg. Tier 6s, well dont play many only prems for crew training, as t54prot bottom tier is utter trash, i rather train my crews in rudy, brits in cromwell b obviously - and those 2 + type64 especially doesnt give a damn if they are top tier or bottom tier.

 

My advice would be, try not to play crap tanks at the moment, until they make some changes. Play only gud tenks at tier 6-8, unless u have something to grind for. then u just have to close your eyes and get through all the crap. But anyway its still kind of better even for tier 8s, if we are talking about being bottom tier, because with current mm u dont get into almost full tier 10 battle + few tier 9s and u being the only one in tier 8, that i think was the most frustrating thing with tier 8s in the past, even though u were seeing more low tiers, u were seeing more high tier tanks as well, nowadays being bottom tier is not the same as it was before mm was changed, its much lighter now.

 

To sum all of my crap up, its not 100% one sided, u gain something, u lose something, but i can agree on that crappy tanks suffer really hard - premium tanks in this list as well, i was stupid enough to buy some tier 8 meds this year, sold all of them apart from Ravioli. i know its stupid, but it was unbearable to grind credits with tanks that either has potato gun handling or bad AP pen for doing anything while being bottom of the list + no alpha dmg. But thats just a part of the problem - biggest one is all the armor buffs - resulting in prem ammo spam  - no credit gain even with prem vehicles that has low alpha dmg.


Edited by Bond90, 21 October 2017 - 10:42 PM.


Dundato #6 Posted 21 October 2017 - 10:50 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26168 battles
  • 714
  • Member since:
    06-09-2012
Of course not, why would a magnificent company like the WG possibly do or attempt  that

unrealname #7 Posted 21 October 2017 - 10:51 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 21774 battles
  • 1,014
  • Member since:
    10-31-2013

View PostDundato, on 21 October 2017 - 11:50 PM, said:

Of course not, why would a magnificent company like the WG possibly do or attempt  that

 

indeed :D

Erwin_Von_Braun #8 Posted 21 October 2017 - 10:54 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 37377 battles
  • 4,530
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View Postcommer, on 21 October 2017 - 09:32 PM, said:

 

I've spent some time with your post because I would really want for conspiracy theorists to work on their grammar. I'm sure my suggestions are not perfect but this is an English language forum so don't butcher the damn language.

 

Also your sentence makes no sense so I have no idea what nonsense you are suggesting. Maybe WG *edit up the matchmaker but I have no idea what has changed exactly. I think you suggest the map rotation is worse than it was and also something else I don't clearly understand. Still I have no idea why are you suggesting WG *edit up their mm on purpose.

 

Grammar Fascists?

Damn I despise you people.



Shivvering #9 Posted 21 October 2017 - 11:00 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 29055 battles
  • 246
  • Member since:
    09-24-2011

It's your choice to play. Unless you tried to quit and a WG employee turned up at your house threatening you and/or your family - I really don't see your argument.

 

If you don't like it here, [edited]off somewhere else.



unhappy_bunny #10 Posted 21 October 2017 - 11:10 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 17926 battles
  • 2,459
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

i voted yes and no because the poll allowed me to. 

besides which it wasnt clear what the question was.

 

Yes the statement was true or No the statement was false, or Yes the statement was false, or No the statemant was true?

 

Honest answer, the last few days playing I have found MM to be much better. More balance between the tanks within classes.



Pandabird #11 Posted 21 October 2017 - 11:27 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 33973 battles
  • 4,526
  • [KOFF] KOFF
  • Member since:
    05-19-2013

The poll was the problem

 

I like inspirational philosophy however.

 

 

Manipulation is the very core of mankind. Ads for example. Strike a foe with a thought. All this and that.

Fascinating



Sebenza #12 Posted 21 October 2017 - 11:49 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 13652 battles
  • 1,046
  • Member since:
    03-19-2013

View Postcommer, on 21 October 2017 - 10:32 PM, said:

 this is an English language forum so don't butcher the damn language.

Most british tourists I meet are overweight, Paul Gascoigne lookalikes with bad teeth and surgically enhanced, 18 year old girlfriends that somehow managed to already drop two little twats into this world. And whenever they open their mouths, one cannot help but wonder where that fantastic english language of yours is... Oh, and let's not forget, they seem to have a fetish for pastel colored clothing with a liberal sprinkling of pink mixed into it, that sadly, because of their ubiquitous weight problems, is (are....?) always way too tight fitting.

 

Now, I invite you to apply the same grammar nitpicking to the above, and I'm positive you'll have a field day with it. But guess what...I'm not a native english speaker and neither are (is...?) the majority of the posters on this part of the EU forum. But I'm also pretty sure you're able to grasp the general meaning of it, no? Just like the OP's post. It might not be perfect, but the point is crystal clear for people who don't get hung up on foreigners not speaking and writng perfect english.

 

As a sidenote, I've met lots of people from the british isles that don't fit the description above, it's just meant as a bit of provocative banter, since I'm hoping your reply was too. But if you really are an actual grammar nazi that feels this section of the forum is reserved only for the Queen's subjects and a few linguistic geniuses, then feel free to take it serious.

 

Good day to you, sir


Edited by Sebenza, 21 October 2017 - 11:50 PM.


commer #13 Posted 21 October 2017 - 11:51 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 38081 battles
  • 1,995
  • Member since:
    06-14-2011

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 21 October 2017 - 10:54 PM, said:

 

Grammar Fascists?

Damn I despise you people.

 

I'm actually crapat grammar but his post was horrible. The first post of "potato" actually made as much sense as his stupid rambling. You may make errors, everyone does but at least put enough effort so people can understand you.

 

PS. It's grammar NAZIS.

 

View PostSebenza, on 21 October 2017 - 11:49 PM, said:

Most british tourists I meet are overweight, Paul Gascoigne lookalikes with bad teeth and surgically enhanced, 18 year old girlfriends that somehow managed to already drop two little twats into this world. And whenever they open their mouths, one cannot help but wonder where that fantastic english language of yours is... Oh, and let's not forget, they seem to have a fetish for pastel colored clothing with a liberal sprinkling of pink mixed into it, that sadly, because of their ubiquitous weight problems, is (are....?) always way too tight fitting.

 

Now, I invite you to apply the same grammar nitpicking to the above, and I'm positive you'll have a field day with it. But guess what...I'm not a native english speaker and neither are (is...?) the majority of the posters on this part of the EU forum. But I'm also pretty sure you're able to grasp the general meaning of it, no? Just like the OP's post. It might not be perfect, but the point is crystal clear for people who don't get hung up on foreigners not speaking and writng perfect english.

 

As a sidenote, I've met lots of people from the british isles that don't fit the description above, it's just meant as a bit of provocative banter, since I'm hoping your reply was too. But if you really are an actual grammar nazi that feels this section of the forum is reserved only for the Queen's subjects and a few linguistic geniuses, then feel free to take it serious.

 

Good day to you, sir

 

I'm Polish so neither am I (a native speaker). Also I have no problems with a few errors but the post above is not correct in ANY language including his native one. IF you want people to agree with you they have to be able to understand you.

 

PS.I see no reason to nitpick your post. There may be some errors but I didn't notice them since your post was easily understandable to me, his wasn't. I was being a [edited]because he proposes a crazy conspiracy and is lazy about it


 

Edited by Jbnn, 22 October 2017 - 09:25 AM.


Erwin_Von_Braun #14 Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:17 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 37377 battles
  • 4,530
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View Postcommer, on 21 October 2017 - 10:51 PM, said:

 

I'm actually crapat grammar but his post was horrible. The first post of "potato" actually made as much sense as his stupid rambling. You may make errors, everyone does but at least put enough effort so people can understand you.

 

PS. It's grammar NAZIS.

 

Yeah, I know that - had the decency not to mention the N word.

So, what, you want bonus points for noticing something?

Or u just one of those who derives his own self-esteem from mocking others?



commer #15 Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:24 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 38081 battles
  • 1,995
  • Member since:
    06-14-2011

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 22 October 2017 - 12:17 AM, said:

 

Yeah, I know that - had the decency not to mention the N word.

So, what, you want bonus points for noticing something?

Or u just one of those who derives his own self-esteem from mocking others?

 

There is nothing wrong about using the word Nazis. It's not a taboo, it's not a slur. There is no cultural norm forbidding you to use the word nazi.

 

Also no I don't derive my self esteem from mocking others. I simply dislike conspiracy theories, I dislike faulty logic and I dislike lazy writing (making errors is fine, writing a post that makes no sense in any language because it's a word diarrhea with no structure isn't. People should be able to understand your (or in this case his) brainfarts). As for my self-esteem I'm a simple man. I derive it from the girls I pull, my job and my sports performance. This is just me having fun at the expense of someone who in my opinion should exhibit less intellectual laziness.



Erwin_Von_Braun #16 Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:31 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 37377 battles
  • 4,530
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View Postcommer, on 21 October 2017 - 11:24 PM, said:

 

There is nothing wrong about using the word Nazis. It's not a taboo, it's not a slur. There is no cultural norm forbidding you to use the word nazi.

 

Also no I don't derive my self esteem from mocking others. I simply dislike conspiracy theories, I dislike faulty logic and I dislike lazy writing (making errors is fine, writing a post that makes no sense in any language because it's a word diarrhea with no structure isn't. People should be able to understand your (or in this case his) brainfarts). As for my self-esteem I'm a simple man. I derive it from the girls I pull, my job and my sports performance. This is just me having fun at the expense of someone who in my opinion should exhibit less intellectual laziness.

 

So, why do you feel the need to point out his mistakes?

Does that make you feel better about yourself?

And, it's spelt 'diarrhoea' and 'brain fart' is, in fact, two separate words - just thought I would point that out, now I feel MUCH better about myself knowing that I have corrected someone.



Sebenza #17 Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:35 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 13652 battles
  • 1,046
  • Member since:
    03-19-2013

View Postcommer, on 22 October 2017 - 12:24 AM, said:

 This is just me having fun at the expense of someone who in my opinion should exhibit less intellectual laziness.

I have to deal with language issues on a daily basis in my professional life and as such I'm very much aware of my own limitations when it comes to speaking french, english and german. I will never make fun of people trying to express themselves in a foreign language, unless it borders on the ridiculous, which in my opinion his post does not.



HeidenSieker #18 Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:37 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 10046 battles
  • 4,648
  • Member since:
    03-26-2016

View PostSebenza, on 21 October 2017 - 11:49 PM, said:

Most british tourists I meet are overweight, Paul Gascoigne lookalikes with bad teeth and surgically enhanced, 18 year old girlfriends that somehow managed to already drop two little twats into this world. And whenever they open their mouths, one cannot help but wonder where that fantastic english language of yours is... Oh, and let's not forget, they seem to have a fetish for pastel colored clothing with a liberal sprinkling of pink mixed into it, that sadly, because of their ubiquitous weight problems, is (are....?) always way too tight fitting.

 

 

You seem rather excited about a comment on your written English skills, and it ill-becomes you to rant like that. Perhaps you two should say "sorry" to each other, and then apologise to everyone else, too.

 

However, that aside, which country are you from? https://www.cia.gov/...ields/2256.html I bet there's not much in it.



commer #19 Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:38 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 38081 battles
  • 1,995
  • Member since:
    06-14-2011

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 22 October 2017 - 12:31 AM, said:

 

So, why do you feel the need to point out his mistakes?

Does that make you feel better about yourself?

And, it's spelt 'diarrhoea' and 'brain fart' is, in fact, two separate words - just thought I would point that out, now I feel MUCH better about myself knowing that I have corrected someone.

 

Given that I have expressed myself clearly the answer to your questions is in my previous post. The one you are quoting. Let me remind you and quote myself "This is just me having fun at the expense of someone who in my opinion should exhibit less intellectual laziness." I know you omitted this part because you desperately want this to be about my self worth. I can enjoy something without it influencing my self image. Think of it like a really pleasant dump.

 

PS. IF you read my posts you would notice I have said you CAN make mistakes and there is nothing wrong with that but at least apply enough structure your posts make some sense.

 

PS2. It's spelled both Diarrhoea and Diarrhea. At least be right when you are correcting someone (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diarrhea - the first sentence is "Diarrhea, also spelled diarrhoea")

 

 



Erwin_Von_Braun #20 Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:39 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 37377 battles
  • 4,530
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View Postcommer, on 21 October 2017 - 11:38 PM, said:

 

Given that I have expressed myself clearly the answer to your questions is in my previous post. The one you are quoting. Let me remind you and quote myself "This is just me having fun at the expense of someone who in my opinion should exhibit less intellectual laziness." I know you omitted this part because you desperately want this to be about my self worth. I can enjoy something without it influencing my self image. Think of it like a really pleasant dump.

 

PS. IF you read my posts you would notice I have said you CAN make mistakes and there is nothing wrong with that but at least apply enough structure your posts make some sense.

 

PS2. It's spelled both Diarrhoea and Diarrhea. At least be right when you are correcting someone (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diarrhea - the first sentence is "Diarrhea, also spelled diarrhoea")

 

 

 

So smart, he doesn't even realise he's being mocked :facepalm:




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users