Jump to content


this patch is totally messed up! TO WG STAFF!


  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

_Hakkapeliitta_ #1 Posted 22 October 2017 - 06:50 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 43425 battles
  • 311
  • [KOFF] KOFF
  • Member since:
    07-19-2012

it's now 4 days since patch came, and i dont know how it can be that WG release this patch? i believe that wg pays to it's workers and this is what they get back for company money??? there is so many f.uck ups in this patch that only proper solution would be reverse back 9.20 and give "developers" time to write this competetly again.

 

and second thing is that WG should buy all maps from that company who made this 30 vs 30 map, it's clear to all of us that  WG's own  staff/developers dont know how to make good maps but this 30 vs 30 map is actually good so do i need to say anything more??



spuriousmonkey #2 Posted 22 October 2017 - 06:57 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 42857 battles
  • 3,201
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    06-23-2011
the 30 vs 30 map is good?

_Hakkapeliitta_ #3 Posted 22 October 2017 - 07:26 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 43425 battles
  • 311
  • [KOFF] KOFF
  • Member since:
    07-19-2012

View Postspuriousmonkey, on 22 October 2017 - 07:57 AM, said:

the 30 vs 30 map is good?

 

well yes, there is everything to every tank class, enough cover to play TD, bushes to scouts to spot, hulldown position to play heavy, enough open and small cover to run around with mediums, so yes it is a [edited]great map, NO CORRIDORS :)

spuriousmonkey #4 Posted 22 October 2017 - 07:30 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 42857 battles
  • 3,201
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    06-23-2011
I guess you play a different 30 vs 30 map.

Homer_J #5 Posted 22 October 2017 - 07:39 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • 29,000
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View Post_Hakkapeliitta_, on 22 October 2017 - 06:50 AM, said:

it's now 4 days since patch came, and i dont know how it can be that WG release this patch?

 

The thing is, we all had a chance to test it and the test server had none of these issues.  Somehow they broke it between CT and live.

 

I don't think the chat issue is anything to do with the patch anyway.  Some had reported the problem before the patch.



_Hakkapeliitta_ #6 Posted 22 October 2017 - 08:01 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 43425 battles
  • 311
  • [KOFF] KOFF
  • Member since:
    07-19-2012

View PostHomer_J, on 22 October 2017 - 08:39 AM, said:

 

The thing is, we all had a chance to test it and the test server had none of these issues.  Somehow they broke it between CT and live.

 

I don't think the chat issue is anything to do with the patch anyway.  Some had reported the problem before the patch.

 

then only chance is that wg drive their test server somekind safemode and all the f.uck up's dont show there, i had no problems with chat last patch, but if we think that patch after patch needs minipatch to fix problems, i say that problem is WG developers who just dont know how to write code...

Homer_J #7 Posted 22 October 2017 - 08:22 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • 29,000
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View Post_Hakkapeliitta_, on 22 October 2017 - 08:01 AM, said:

 

....

You know, when you don't have the first clue about what you are talking about then it's best to just keep quiet and not look stupid.



HundeWurst #8 Posted 22 October 2017 - 09:45 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 67729 battles
  • 4,280
  • [FAME] FAME
  • Member since:
    02-06-2012

Grand Battle maps is good... Sure, continue smoking whatever you have been smoking...

 

Kids... drukgs are not good, hmkay?



Etre_ #9 Posted 22 October 2017 - 09:48 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 50949 battles
  • 1,305
  • [WEBOB] WEBOB
  • Member since:
    04-21-2014

View PostWunderWurst, on 22 October 2017 - 09:45 AM, said:

Grand Battle maps is good... Sure, continue smoking whatever you have been smoking...

 

Kids... drukgs are not good, hmkay?

 

Was good in beginning when people didn't knew all the angles and spots. Now ... is a nightmare to push. Still useful for missions but not much beside that. 

Edited by Etre_, 22 October 2017 - 09:48 AM.


Aikl #10 Posted 22 October 2017 - 09:55 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25167 battles
  • 4,253
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

The only reason why the Grand Battles are interesting is because it's a new map. It's like a giant version of Mines with more camping positions all-round. EOD.

 

And yes, the patch is kind of messed up. While Wargaming has multiple years of experience, it's perfectly normal for computers to act like little dipshits when you don't want them too. I'm far more interested in how Wargaming thinks total silence is the best approach to major game bugs. It speaks volumes on how much they care about players in other aspects - like what kind of maps people get. Consensus on the forums is that TDs/tanks camping base is bad, and superheavies are kind of broken/overpowered and in need of a new concept (I'm a fan of the 'moving bunker' concept).

 

While Wargaming runs WoT for profit, some areas have come to a point where player satisfaction is crumbling. When you read the forums it's obvious - there are gameplay elements that probably stem from statistics and profit calculations (like encouraging no-risk/high-reward gameplay). It's not really surprising. Good players are kind of bad for profits, they don't have to rely on Fort Knox packs to keep playing T9/10 to get by.

The best way to kill WoT is to embrace the bias towards no-rish/high-reward gameplay. At some point all other players will disappear. When the campers have no one left to shoot at, they'll leave as well.


Edited by Aikl, 22 October 2017 - 10:04 AM.


Bennie182 #11 Posted 22 October 2017 - 10:15 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 51611 battles
  • 1,287
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
  • Member since:
    03-13-2012

"to wg staff"

I'd say: to yourself, since they won't read it and won't care



tajj7 #12 Posted 22 October 2017 - 10:42 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 24849 battles
  • 13,836
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

Grand battles is off for me, not because I am against the mode,but because the map is bad.  The amount of base camping in that map is obscene.I'd probably only turn it on for light tank missions. 

 

 


Edited by tajj7, 22 October 2017 - 10:43 AM.


vixu #13 Posted 22 October 2017 - 10:43 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 41913 battles
  • 3,193
  • Member since:
    03-19-2011

View PostAikl, on 22 October 2017 - 09:55 AM, said:

...

And yes, the patch is kind of messed up. While Wargaming has multiple years of experience, it's perfectly normal for computers to act like little dipshits when you don't want them too. I'm far more interested in how Wargaming thinks total silence is the best approach to major game bugs. It speaks volumes on how much they care about players in other aspects - like what kind of maps people get. Consensus on the forums is that TDs/tanks camping base is bad, and superheavies are kind of broken/overpowered and in need of a new concept (I'm a fan of the 'moving bunker' concept).

...

My guess would be that they have enough input from the russian segment of the playerbase and communicate back, and they don't have enough resources to communicate with the EU side. 

 

E.G. check how many threads in the following section has answers from devs/staff (pretty much every thread starting on page 2). 
http://forum.worldof...er__all#topmost

It does stink a bit, that despite all the money EU generates forums is pretty much a sandbox for EU players to go toxic on each-other. But still its not that they don't listen or speak about it. 
 



Aikl #14 Posted 22 October 2017 - 11:00 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25167 battles
  • 4,253
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

View Postvixu, on 22 October 2017 - 09:43 AM, said:

My guess would be that they have enough input from the russian segment of the playerbase and communicate back, and they don't have enough resources to communicate with the EU side. 

(...)

 

To some degree that would be OK. It could be accetable if EU and RU were roughly similar. Question is if the RU server provides so different feedback that EU players gets the shitty end of the stick while RU is happy. That I really doubt. It's probably more down to RU having proper interaction with the developer team, which makes it a lot easier to accept certain balancing decisions and whatever. It's way easier to accept that something is broken if you know it's going to be fixed or addressed.


There's a lot of talk about different metagame and that Russians don't consider the Type 5 a problem or the Defender particularly strong, but even that's kind of BS. It's evidently not the case that OP tanks on EU are fine on RU. Type 5 is not performing that good (2-2,5% overperformance vs. 2,5-3,5% - which is still pretty fecking good). Defender? Well...

 

RU:

Spoiler

 

RU:

Spoiler

 

 

It's still pretty fudgin' OP on RU, despite what the forums claim. Probably down to a matter of how Russians feel about their tanks. IS-3 has been buffed in small increments because everyone and their mothers want that tank to be strong as feck. Having strong, noob-friendly Russian tanks are kind of important for the bottom-line after all.

 

As for the forums, I wouldn't be surprised if the dev posts on RU are pretending that they're listening to the community. Ultimately, random player feedback on a per-topic basis is an incredibly shitty and impractical way to gather data, unless it's proper suggestions on e.g. how to balance superheavies or premium ammo. Stuff like that, not how a particular feature is working out.

 

Come to think about it, if the actual developers are posting on the forums, the EU WG staff's explanation that developers are busy developing and not making blog posts (to tell the players what the heck they're doing) doesn't make any sense at all. :rolleyes:

 

 


Edited by Aikl, 22 October 2017 - 11:02 AM.


mrmoff10 #15 Posted 22 October 2017 - 11:08 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 3775 battles
  • 104
  • Member since:
    10-25-2014
Is grand battles still tier 10 only?

_Hakkapeliitta_ #16 Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:33 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 43425 battles
  • 311
  • [KOFF] KOFF
  • Member since:
    07-19-2012
it's funny that when someone write something bad of WG allways there is these fanboys who come and try to push u away  for forum, it's strange because i did not say anything about Homer_J but he has to start to attack againt me for some wierd reason that i dont see???? maybe Homer_J is WG's coding manager or he's brother....

Homer_J #17 Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:55 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • 29,000
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View Post_Hakkapeliitta_, on 22 October 2017 - 12:33 PM, said:

it's funny that when someone write something bad of WG allways there is these fanboys who come and try to push u away  for forum, it's strange because i did not say anything about Homer_J but he has to start to attack againt me for some wierd reason that i dont see???? maybe Homer_J is WG's coding manager or he's brother....

 

I refer the honourable gentleman to my earlier comments.

 

Somehow you missed when I said.

 

View PostHomer_J, on 22 October 2017 - 07:39 AM, said:

 

Somehow they broke it between CT and live.

 

 



vixu #18 Posted 22 October 2017 - 02:30 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 41913 battles
  • 3,193
  • Member since:
    03-19-2011

View PostAikl, on 22 October 2017 - 11:00 AM, said:

 

To some degree that would be OK. It could be accetable if EU and RU were roughly similar. Question is if the RU server provides so different feedback that EU players gets the shitty end of the stick while RU is happy. That I really doubt. It's probably more down to RU having proper interaction with the developer team, which makes it a lot easier to accept certain balancing decisions and whatever. It's way easier to accept that something is broken if you know it's going to be fixed or addressed.


There's a lot of talk about different metagame and that Russians don't consider the Type 5 a problem or the Defender particularly strong, but even that's kind of BS. It's evidently not the case that OP tanks on EU are fine on RU. Type 5 is not performing that good (2-2,5% overperformance vs. 2,5-3,5% - which is still pretty fecking good). Defender? Well...

 

RU:

Spoiler

 

RU:

Spoiler

 

 

It's still pretty fudgin' OP on RU, despite what the forums claim. Probably down to a matter of how Russians feel about their tanks. IS-3 has been buffed in small increments because everyone and their mothers want that tank to be strong as feck. Having strong, noob-friendly Russian tanks are kind of important for the bottom-line after all.

 

As for the forums, I wouldn't be surprised if the dev posts on RU are pretending that they're listening to the community. Ultimately, random player feedback on a per-topic basis is an incredibly shitty and impractical way to gather data, unless it's proper suggestions on e.g. how to balance superheavies or premium ammo. Stuff like that, not how a particular feature is working out.

 

Come to think about it, if the actual developers are posting on the forums, the EU WG staff's explanation that developers are busy developing and not making blog posts (to tell the players what the heck they're doing) doesn't make any sense at all. :rolleyes:

 

 

 

I am not a strong believer of Russian bias.

Yes, IS-3 is fairly good compared to its peers. But T-10 is pretty bad. IS-7 is even worse. 


I am more inclined towards thinking that every line is balanced across tiers. That is, you have to have a strong performers as well as some complete trash.And WG can put insane amount of grind points like on St.Emil  to make players consider if they want to go that way or not.

Ofc, OP premium tanks is a big failure. It does not really make much difference - which nation they are. Defender is a tier-8 monster, but there are pretty OP units from France, US, UK on other tiers. It is a problem, but apparently, it brings quite a bit of cash so that I don't have to pay for the game. 

Personally, I don't think that WG is not listening to the players. Unfortunately, they are listening to the players and made many decisions that I don't support. 



Bucifel #19 Posted 22 October 2017 - 02:37 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29583 battles
  • 1,373
  • [JDUN] JDUN
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013

View PostEtre_, on 22 October 2017 - 09:48 AM, said:

 

Was good in beginning when people didn't knew all the angles and spots. Now ... is a nightmare to push. Still useful for missions but not much beside that. 

 

in that way i really think that cant exist a good map and balanced...

 

this map is big (what we requested), contain all scenarios (city, bushes, open space, ridges..etc) and is not a copy-paste map...but is still "bad" because players already know positions...

 

now really...how can be any map good in that way..?

 

all what i dont like on this map is number of players and tier restriction.



Laiskamato #20 Posted 22 October 2017 - 03:29 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 44943 battles
  • 342
  • Member since:
    07-05-2014

View Post_Hakkapeliitta_, on 22 October 2017 - 08:50 AM, said:

it's now 4 days since patch came, and i dont know how it can be that WG release this patch? i believe that wg pays to it's workers and this is what they get back for company money??? there is so many f.uck ups in this patch that only proper solution would be reverse back 9.20 and give "developers" time to write this competetly again.

 

and second thing is that WG should buy all maps from that company who made this 30 vs 30 map, it's clear to all of us that  WG's own  staff/developers dont know how to make good maps but this 30 vs 30 map is actually good so do i need to say anything more??

 

Only thing they screwed up with the patch was the sound, so what are you complaining exactly?

Chat problem started day BEFORE the patch you know.

 

So again what ever you are smoking you should really stop.

It is not good for you.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users