Jump to content


Fixing WOT

fix mm worl of tanks spread gold ammo skill based

  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Haikonnen #1 Posted 22 October 2017 - 03:53 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 25071 battles
  • 155
  • Member since:
    08-01-2013

Decided to post it here as well, because I would like to know some opinions of others about my proposals...

 

I think that in general tank categories (or how is it called exactly?) are a good idea, but it still needs some fixing (btw I am not talking about 3-5-7 template here, I think that template is just broken and I am not sure it can be fixed... previous MM used to better in this regard). For example an E-100 should NOT have a same category as say IS-7. But based on what I have seen ingame, it apperas that these two tanks are in a same category, but they seem quite different. Or at least auto-loaders should have a specific category (categories).

 

Other than that, MM should finally be +- 1. Because for example tier 8 mediums can hardly do anything to tier 10 heavies.  Only with gold. Which is btw IMO the only reason why MM still isn't +-1 - WG is just milking more money. I cant think of any other reason, because it seems there are enough people playing for that to be possible. Plus, there could be a way to solve even the situations, in which there are less players online. If there would be less than let's say 10 000 players online - MM would simply switch into +-2 mode again to compensate for longer waiting times, which would then probably occur.

 

Longer waiting times are a problem. The only thing except for what I mentioned to solve it might be to lower the number of tanks per team to 10, instead of 15.  After all, maps are often overcrowded these days. This might help to compensate for the longer waiting times and also help with there being too many tanks for maps taht are too small. And in the end, I would rather have a longe rwaiting times, than battles that almost always end up 15 -3 or so....

 

Then there should simply be a skill-based MM. I can't stress that enough. Again, there might be some system to compensate for number of players online. If the number is lower, the game would start building up teams with bigger differences in rating. Or something like that. Because no amount of balancing or tweaking it in other ways simply cannot change one fact. It cannot make a moron a good player. A good player with an IS-7 will almost always beat up a bad player with IS-7. That is the way it is.

 

The only other way might to be to intoroduce Iq tests.... but I guess that is not going to pass :hiding:

 

One more thing - pls no more auto-loaders WG... it is already bad enough.

 

I hope someone will notice this, because I like WOT and I would like to keep playing it. But it almost always seems to get worse with new changes... SRY for mistakes


Edited by Haikonnen, 22 October 2017 - 03:58 PM.


Homer_J #2 Posted 22 October 2017 - 04:10 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • 29,000
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostHaikonnen, on 22 October 2017 - 03:53 PM, said:

 For example an E-100 should NOT have a same category as say IS-7. But based on what I have seen ingame, it apperas that these two tanks are in a same category, 

Nope.

 

E100 is group 1, IS-7 is group 3.

 

https://worldoftanks...rovements/#tab3

 

Familiarise yourself with how it is supposed to work before suggesting how it should be fixed.



ThebaldEagle #3 Posted 22 October 2017 - 04:20 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 757 battles
  • 375
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014
to stop this nonsens  for 1 month lets have the really old MM back. the +/- 10 mm then you can see how good you have it now.

Tang78 #4 Posted 22 October 2017 - 04:32 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 12098 battles
  • 36
  • Member since:
    03-04-2011
WG doesn't care about you, community or anything beside they want your money.

Haikonnen #5 Posted 22 October 2017 - 08:37 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 25071 battles
  • 155
  • Member since:
    08-01-2013

View PostHomer_J, on 22 October 2017 - 04:10 PM, said:

Nope.

 

E100 is group 1, IS-7 is group 3.

 

https://worldoftanks...rovements/#tab3

 

Familiarise yourself with how it is supposed to work before suggesting how it should be fixed.

 

OK. Made a mistake there... but still the "vehicle roles" are really the least important of my concerns. Because it could be easily fixed anyway, if necessary.

 

I was hoping for more discussion on other points that I made. Especially about +-2 spread which makes the game terrible together with 3-5-7 template. If you have incompetent players in top tiers, you're basically screwed. Tier 8 is now terrible to play.

 

It needs fixing quickly /an actual fixing .... which I believe means reducing the spread to +-1. Since the lights were balanced so that they can have a normal MM there is no reason whatsoever not to reduce the MM spread, except for WG being greedy. But if the game stays in the state it is now, I predict it a very fast decline in popularity, because again it is awful (my opinion, but based on the forums, not just mine).


Edited by Haikonnen, 22 October 2017 - 08:48 PM.


Homer_J #6 Posted 22 October 2017 - 10:03 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • 29,000
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010
3-5-7 needs scrapping, +/-2 is fine.

Haikonnen #7 Posted 22 October 2017 - 10:39 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 25071 battles
  • 155
  • Member since:
    08-01-2013
Well I think they could get rid of both... but getting rid of 3-5-7 is the most important, on that we can agree. Game might have been annoying sometimes with the old system of distribution of tanks in teams, but there was still a better chance of being a top tier than now.. now it's like a miracle

Junglist_ #8 Posted 22 October 2017 - 10:55 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 35890 battles
  • 1,332
  • Member since:
    06-17-2013
+/-2 mm won't ever go that's a bussines decision IMO and so is the 3-5-7

Aikl #9 Posted 22 October 2017 - 11:39 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25167 battles
  • 4,253
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

View PostJunglist_, on 22 October 2017 - 09:55 PM, said:

+/-2 mm won't ever go that's a bussines decision IMO and so is the 3-5-7

 

Yup. Problem is, Wargaming knows exactly what they are doing when it comes to business decisions. Well, almost in every case... like pretending to fix a bug that shouldn't be a problem for a large, veteran, multi-million company.

 

Almost every shitty feature in WoT can be defended by business decisions when you think about it. At some point making everything about profit will fail.  Hopefully some or most of the current problems will be eased up some way. I don't see Wargaming crashing this plane just yet - but with the current combo of annoying gameplay elements, stale maps and Wargaming's approach to public relations, it's sure not far from the tipping point for many players. 

 

Game won't be much fun if everyone camps, that's for sure. It won't be much fun if everyone drives either B2s or T10 tanks either.



RinTin_NL #10 Posted 22 October 2017 - 11:48 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 14572 battles
  • 669
  • Member since:
    08-08-2014

View PostThebaldEagle, on 22 October 2017 - 04:20 PM, said:

to stop this nonsens  for 1 month lets have the really old MM back. the +/- 10 mm then you can see how good you have it now.

 

If the old mm was still active, I wasn't here for sure... :trollface:

 

Even +2 is garbage...


Edited by RinTin_NL, 22 October 2017 - 11:48 PM.


Haikonnen #11 Posted 23 October 2017 - 02:58 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 25071 battles
  • 155
  • Member since:
    08-01-2013

View PostAikl, on 22 October 2017 - 11:39 PM, said:

 

Yup. Problem is, Wargaming knows exactly what they are doing when it comes to business decisions. Well, almost in every case... like pretending to fix a bug that shouldn't be a problem for a large, veteran, multi-million company.

 

Almost every shitty feature in WoT can be defended by business decisions when you think about it. At some point making everything about profit will fail.  Hopefully some or most of the current problems will be eased up some way. I don't see Wargaming crashing this plane just yet - but with the current combo of annoying gameplay elements, stale maps and Wargaming's approach to public relations, it's sure not far from the tipping point for many players. 

 

Game won't be much fun if everyone camps, that's for sure. It won't be much fun if everyone drives either B2s or T10 tanks either.

 

For me basically it is either +-2 goes, or I will go. At least as a paying customer :D Because I refuse to pay anything for this. Hopefully enough people will do that for them reconsider.

Kriegseber #12 Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:15 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 25283 battles
  • 9
  • [UFW] UFW
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013

Yes I am for a skill based MM as well, but why not run one set of games with skill based MM and one as it is. Just because you know how it is, someone is always going to complain. And on that note I would like to add:

About two updates ago Wargaming ruined the platoon battles!

It used to be fun to get together with a couple of friends and have a platoon battle. Now, if you are in a platoon you are so disadvantaged, that you almost always land in a battle with Tiers much higher than yours. It is impossible to have fun let alone win, when you cannot even get hits on the sides and the rear of the bigger tanks. 

I suppose the commercial goal was to get us all to shoot gold, but really all you are doing is slowly ruining your customer base. A number of our veteran players have left to play other games. I realize you do not care, but I thought I would tell you anyway. 

Perhaps you could nudge things with the MM, so that platoons are not quite so disadvantaged?



unhappy_bunny #13 Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:32 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 17926 battles
  • 2,456
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

View PostKriegseber, on 03 November 2017 - 07:15 PM, said:

 

It used to be fun to get together with a couple of friends and have a platoon battle. Now, if you are in a platoon you are so disadvantaged, that you almost always land in a battle with Tiers much higher than yours. It is impossible to have fun let alone win, when you cannot even get hits on the sides and the rear of the bigger tanks. 

I suppose the commercial goal was to get us all to shoot gold, but really all you are doing is slowly ruining your customer base. A number of our veteran players have left to play other games. I realize you do not care, but I thought I would tell you anyway. 

Perhaps you could nudge things with the MM, so that platoons are not quite so disadvantaged?

 

I agree that platoons seem to be hit by MM, although the last couple of night have seemed a bit better.

 

I would love to know how many people actually pay hard cash (or gold) for premium ammo. It is always touted as being there to make money for the nasty WG, but just how many people do use anything other than credits?







Also tagged with fix, mm, worl of tanks, spread, gold, ammo, skill, based

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users