so we got orders for personal missions... (Warning - rant post)

orders Personal missions i hate arty ._.

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

haha_ufail #1 Posted 23 October 2017 - 02:00 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21404 battles
  • [CHLHW] CHLHW

so, even though I've been reasonably calm as of recently with some decently well perceived posts, i have just 1 thing that's really ticked me off.

so most of you may know about these "orders" that where added into the personal mission for completing the final mission for each class of tank with honors, well for those of us that already completed those missions prior to 9.20.1 can't receive our orders without completing the missions we went out of our way to completely avoid by honoring the other 4 for the extra token, in my case I've completed HT, MT, LT and TD... and totally avoided SPG like the plague, but now i have to go back and deal with horrible RNG factors, totally boring and self despising game-play of artillery in order to unlock the 4 orders I've technically already unlocked, but for what ever reason WG think is totally fine they've locked all of them behind (for me) the pain in the [edited]SPG 15 - RNG lord mission. (rant over)

i really had to get this out somehow it was really really annoying me 

Edited by haha_ufail, 23 October 2017 - 02:04 AM.

tumppi776 #2 Posted 23 October 2017 - 05:25 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 41518 battles
  • [GG_EZ] GG_EZ

View Posthaha_ufail, on 23 October 2017 - 01:00 AM, said:

so, even though I've been reasonably calm as of recently with some decently well perceived posts, i have just 1 thing that's really ticked me off.

so most of you may know about these "orders" that where added into the personal mission for completing the final mission for each class of tank with honors, well for those of us that already completed those missions prior to 9.20.1 can't receive our orders without completing the missions we went out of our way to completely avoid by honoring the other 4 for the extra token, in my case I've completed HT, MT, LT and TD... and totally avoided SPG like the plague, but now i have to go back and deal with horrible RNG factors, totally boring and self despising game-play of artillery in order to unlock the 4 orders I've technically already unlocked, but for what ever reason WG think is totally fine they've locked all of them behind (for me) the pain in the [edited]SPG 15 - RNG lord mission. (rant over)

you got your orders from other classes and auto-spent them on arty. all is as it should be there.

Now: you're right complaining as wg in their wisdom decided that to get arders back you need to complete the skipped mission with honours. So not only you have to play arty - you need complete with honours.

Uebergewicht #3 Posted 23 October 2017 - 06:22 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11702 battles
  • [ATD] ATD
The only one who´s making you go back to do missions is yourself. You can still do perfectly fine by leaving these mission sets untouched and doing 4 mission sets of your choice with honors, just as before. WG just added an alternative way to advance, and it is your choice only to take advantage of that or not. WG for once made a somewhat reasonable decision here, allowing anyone to do it their own way, yet people still complain.

Homer_J #4 Posted 23 October 2017 - 07:13 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

NOTHING HAS CHANGED!

You used to get an extra commendation for completing a mission 15 with honours.  If you got four you could skip one set of missions.

Now you get an order for every mission 15 completed with honours, if you get four you can skip one set of missions.

If you do not want to play arty then you can just leave it as it is and you are no worse off, in fact you are better off because using orders to complete a mission 15 now gets the girl crew.

Edited by Homer_J, 23 October 2017 - 07:16 AM.

haha_ufail #5 Posted 23 October 2017 - 09:59 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21404 battles
  • [CHLHW] CHLHW

View PostUebergewicht, on 23 October 2017 - 05:22 AM, said:

The only one who´s making you go back to do missions is yourself. You can still do perfectly fine by leaving these mission sets untouched and doing 4 mission sets of your choice with honors, just as before. WG just added an alternative way to advance, and it is your choice only to take advantage of that or not. WG for once made a somewhat reasonable decision here, allowing anyone to do it their own way, yet people still complain.

View PostHomer_J, on 23 October 2017 - 06:13 AM, said:

NOTHING HAS CHANGED!

You used to get an extra commendation for completing a mission 15 with honours.  If you got four you could skip one set of missions.

Now you get an order for every mission 15 completed with honours, if you get four you can skip one set of missions.

If you do not want to play arty then you can just leave it as it is and you are no worse off, in fact you are better off because using orders to complete a mission 15 now gets the girl crew.

what’s annoyed me though is that I’ve already done all other 15th mission with honours so all 5 of the orders are locked behind SPG 15, id rather just redo HT,MT,LT and TD and totally avoid SPG 15 like I have done so far.

haha_ufail #6 Posted 23 October 2017 - 10:02 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21404 battles
  • [CHLHW] CHLHW

View Posthaha_ufail, on 23 October 2017 - 08:59 AM, said:

what’s annoyed me though is that I’ve already done all other 15th mission with honours so all 5 of the orders are locked behind SPG 15, id rather just redo HT,MT,LT and TD and totally avoid SPG 15 like I have done so far.

Can’t edit this on my phone, but I completed all the missions with honours prior to 9.20.1

eldrak #7 Posted 23 October 2017 - 10:08 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46578 battles
  • [NE-VO] NE-VO

I don't get the complaint. 

You can still get any of the tanks by completing 4/5 of the classes.

This is exactly as before.

So for you nothing changed and you got some extra girl crew. What is there to complain about?

NUKLEAR_SLUG #8 Posted 23 October 2017 - 10:08 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27589 battles

View Posthaha_ufail, on 23 October 2017 - 10:02 AM, said:

Can’t edit this on my phone, but I completed all the missions with honours prior to 9.20.1

If you've already competed all non-spg missions with honours then what exactly are you complaining about? What is it you think WG are denying you?

Sebenza #9 Posted 23 October 2017 - 10:23 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13652 battles

View Posthaha_ufail, on 23 October 2017 - 02:00 AM, said:

I initially felt the same way, also because I felt WG were pushing me/us into playing arties. But then someone here explained it to me, I think it was Spurtung, not sure though. Essentially it is this...everything is exactly the same as before, except that you get 4 extra crew members if you skip all the arty sets upto the 260. You used to get nothing for skipping the arty sets. So it's a win whichever way you want to look at it...

xtrem3x #10 Posted 23 October 2017 - 10:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31644 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X

View Posthaha_ufail, on 23 October 2017 - 08:59 AM, said:

Is this a troll post? Not sure if troll or stupid..?

You can do exactly that. NOTHING has changed.

You skipped the SPG missions by completing the others with honors. All they have done is added the OPTION to do all 5 and as a reward for doing all 5 you get to skip some harder missions down the line. So you are basically ranting because they have added a reward for people who have completed all 5 mission sets instead of 4.  You can still do everything you did before. You can still get the reward tanks by completing 4 sets with honors. The only difference is, you can't skip a hard/RNG mission because you do not have the reward for completing any 5th set...

Homer_J #11 Posted 23 October 2017 - 11:00 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Posthaha_ufail, on 23 October 2017 - 09:59 AM, said:

id rather just redo HT,MT,LT and TD and totally avoid SPG 15 like I have done so far.

You can just carry on as you were, not playing any arty missions.  Those orders are locked on the SPG 15 missions because you claimed the tank already.

What you and others seem to want is the tanks you already claimed and the orders you never had.

You used to get an extra commendation for completing a mission 15 with honours, you could use four commendations to skip a mission 15.  Now you get an order for completing a mission 15 with honours, you can use four orders to skip a mission 15.

They just changed commendations to components (each worth four orders) and orders.  You previously used your spare commendations to skip the arty missions, they were converted to orders and locked to the arty missions you skipped.

Edited by Homer_J, 23 October 2017 - 11:33 AM.

Jack_Sparroxx #12 Posted 23 October 2017 - 01:03 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 53043 battles
  • [KLKMP] KLKMP

It can actually pay off to read test server patch notes and test it out on the test server.

I freaking hate arty's, but I bit the bullet and bought back the tier 8 and tier 10 German artys and completed the first 3 missions sets mission 15 with honors just so I could avoid having to do the obj 260 mission 15's with honors. Mission 15 with honors actually got A LOT harder, so I figured it would be doing the artys missions in advance, and it only took me about 160 games to complete the first 3 sets of arty missions.  And with lights for the 260 done with honors and heavy tank with out honors, PRESTO one obj 260 in my garage for a lot less grief then having to do mission 15's with honors in the new patch. 

So even though it doesn't help you now, you really should have read the patch notes. 

HeidenSieker #13 Posted 23 October 2017 - 01:06 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View Posthaha_ufail, on 23 October 2017 - 10:02 AM, said:

Can’t edit this on my phone

"Request desktop site".

vixu #14 Posted 23 October 2017 - 01:11 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 41933 battles
There is no pleasing all. 

PM orders will help me a lot, at least.

Arty missions are the easiest of the lot. I've got all 60 of them done with honors. But I still need 5 orders to get total of 16 to skip all other branches for obj260.... or do one of the obj260 branch with honors, like TDs.

haha_ufail #15 Posted 23 October 2017 - 01:46 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21404 battles
  • [CHLHW] CHLHW

View PostHeidenSieker, on 23 October 2017 - 12:06 PM, said:

"Request desktop site".

back on pc now, but nah, when i've quoted 2 other posts i cant scroll down in the reply box 

haha_ufail #16 Posted 23 October 2017 - 01:50 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21404 battles
  • [CHLHW] CHLHW

View PostHomer_J, on 23 October 2017 - 10:00 AM, said:

You can just carry on as you were, not playing any arty missions.  Those orders are locked on the SPG 15 missions because you claimed the tank already.

What you and others seem to want is the tanks you already claimed and the orders you never had.

You used to get an extra commendation for completing a mission 15 with honours, you could use four commendations to skip a mission 15.  Now you get an order for completing a mission 15 with honours, you can use four orders to skip a mission 15.

They just changed commendations to components (each worth four orders) and orders.  You previously used your spare commendations to skip the arty missions, they were converted to orders and locked to the arty missions you skipped.

that makes sense i guess 

Spurtung #17 Posted 23 October 2017 - 02:29 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 61598 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View Posthaha_ufail, on 23 October 2017 - 10:59 AM, said:

Which you can keep doing anyway.

The moment you realize you're simply getting a free female crew member by doing what you always did to get tanks, you'll maybe see how much of a buffoon you look like to us right now.

Jumping_Turtle #18 Posted 23 October 2017 - 03:06 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 60456 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View Postxtram3x, on 23 October 2017 - 10:31 AM, said:

You can do exactly that. NOTHING has changed.

Well to be fair. Soemthing has changed. haha_ufail will get an extra female crewmemeber now which he didnt got earlier.

So something has changed but only for the better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users