Can players unite and threaten a boycott please

Boycott WG should compensate us Equal treatment of servers Force WG adhere players

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Poll: Boycott votes (115 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Are you in and willing to boycott WG to force a change

1. Yes. Unequal treatment of servers need to stop. We want compensation (61 votes [51.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 51.26%

2. No. I'm a good little WG puppet. They made a mistake no biggy (46 votes [38.66%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 38.66%

3. I want to boycott WG but this is not an effective way to do so (12 votes [10.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.08%

WG needs to start doing more thorough checks on patches before release

1. Yes. This kind of problems should not occur and even if they did it should be fixed faster (76 votes [66.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 66.09%

2. WG messed up but this is over reacting (39 votes [33.91%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.91%

Are you willing to spread news on WG's lack of attention to their game via social media/discourage people from investing in the game?

1. Yes. I want to make people aware that the game is going downhill and is not worth investing into (57 votes [48.31%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 48.31%

2. I don't think WG's WoT is going downhill. (61 votes [51.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 51.69%

Are you willing to stop buying things for the premium store?

1. Yes. WG will not get my money until they fix issues (69 votes [60.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

2. No. I will continue to buy from the premium store (46 votes [40.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

Vote Hide poll

Snatch_The_AmmoRacks #1 Posted 23 October 2017 - 04:03 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28024 battles

So those of you on the forum most likely would have seen several of my rants the most recent being with the MM. I have complained about many things that is only a matter of opinion. This patch however, is one that makes me feel all the more dismayed at what on earth the *Edited at WG are doing. MM has not been fixed, chat channels broken and is something that should have been hot fixed within the first 3 days (any reputable game developer could even have thrown a hot fix within the first day). On top of this I have read someone's post about NA servers getting compensation for WG stupid mistakes:

http://forum.worldof...age__mode__show

This unequal treatment and complete gap between treatment of player bases depending on servers is, in my eyes, completely unacceptable. Players on the EU server experience the same issues as NA players so give us the same compensation WG. A dying playerbase is no excuse. It is mostly your fault in the first place that you are losing players as you love lying about listening to players. On top of this with news of clan wars reward tanks no longer being given out in future and essentially reducing rewards a player can get so you can continue your disgusting cash grabs. 

Can we please get some sort of ball rolling. If you are in then say so and list your reasons for joining the boycott. I think the best way to do this would be to:

-Refuse paying for extra premium time

-Don't make any more store purchases (prem tanks/tank models/clothing/gold/credits)

-Refuse to vote WoT for Golden Joystick award

*Edited

I hope this isn't just a stale post that won't be taken seriously. WG is tarnishing their own reputation and they know it, they just don't care. Can we show them that we have had enough and force them to wake tf up.

Edited by JuicyProduction, 23 October 2017 - 02:04 PM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks and promoting bad behavior on the Forums.

JakeRoook #2 Posted 23 October 2017 - 04:46 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 260 battles
what kind of boycott, stop shooting premium rounds first ok, you are already puppet if you do

Edited by JakeRoook, 23 October 2017 - 04:48 AM.

Aoishi #3 Posted 23 October 2017 - 05:17 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19734 battles
  • [VO1D] VO1D
i stopped a long time ago 

EltvilleTiger #4 Posted 23 October 2017 - 08:03 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21012 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
OP, if you aren't having fun in the "game", just leave for a while or for good.  I login at various times of the day and I see tens of thousands of people logged in and playing.  I don't think your call for a boycott will go very far at all.  You'll have to get over it and find another means to express your dissatisfaction with the game.  (we like to call it "productive dialog" in the real world).  

Homer_J #5 Posted 23 October 2017 - 08:14 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostJuicyProduction, on 23 October 2017 - 04:03 AM, said:

On top of this I have read someone's post about NA servers getting compensation for WG stupid mistakes:

You missed the bit about the problems having been ongoing for three months before the NA server got compensation.

The chat bug started before the patch so seems unconnected to it so no amount of QA would have prevented it.

250swb #6 Posted 23 October 2017 - 08:16 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21707 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

21065 games.

You're leading by example and you've started your boycott, but you haven't made up any rules for when it will end, so at what point do you invent a reason to throw in the towel? Will it be some feeble excuse that WG fixed the chat (which is inevitable anyway), or are you sticking it out until the revolution you demand happens across all fronts? At any rate as soon as that games count hits 21066 it will show if it's all hot air and bluster or not.

_snowfIake__ #7 Posted 23 October 2017 - 08:23 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26580 battles
you lost me at "players unite" 

Aikl #8 Posted 23 October 2017 - 08:28 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

As mentioned, the chat bug isn't strictly 9.20.1-related. The sound bug is either fixed or seemingly can be fixed by simply tweaking the settings. Forcing 2.1-setup and low-quality sound seems to disable enough for the time being.

If you are threatening a boycott, you need to find a more realistic goal. Removing all bugs is not one of them; a law/rule prohibiting bugs would put software back to the stone-age of graphical user interfaces. There's always been bugs, and it's not possible to make sure a new patch is 100% bug-free. The reason is simple - there are so many hardware combinations that you can't check for everything. Wargaming isn't Apple - they can't check every computer.*

Demanding a bug-free game is as such not very realistic. It's a free world, but I've got a feeling you can get better results starting at the process; namely:

• Not really saying anything about the problem
  • No word on progress
  • Random community coordinators pressed into the role as PR puppets (this is not a new one; Markus Schill only appears if there's something serious)
  • Said community contributors handling the situation poorly (although given the previous point: probably far better than you could expect)
  • Not managing a fix in five-ish days - despite being a large, experience company with a 24/7 service existing in 2017.
  • Generally failing on their previous promises of listening to players

Oh, and by demanding compensation you're essentially admitting that you accept loose change as compensation for this, and don't really care for what the real problem is: What appears to be huge flaws in the internal structure of Wargaming Paris/EU.

*Strictly speaking Apple probably doesn't check every computer at the launch of a new operating system or software, but they bloody well could if they wanted to - because no one else builds their computers.

Edited by Aikl, 23 October 2017 - 08:50 AM.

DracheimFlug #9 Posted 23 October 2017 - 08:48 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles

Dear OP,

If you think that the cost of living is better somewhere else, move there. There is considerable inequality in the world. Learn to roll with it or learn to live with it.

Meanwhile understand that 'equality' is more likely to mean that others get worse deals than you getting better deals. When any given weekend offers a worse deal on another server, do you also complain?

Jumping_Turtle #10 Posted 23 October 2017 - 09:34 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 60397 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT
Good. I can vote all options

unhappy_bunny #11 Posted 23 October 2017 - 10:15 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 17926 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

OP, I have a question for you, although I dont expect you to come back and respond, but it would be nice if you did.

One of your voting questions is about using social media to warn players away from WoT. Do you use this method yourself for actively discouraging people from playing a game, buying a car, or any other item/activity that you disapprove of? 

I will happily respond to marketting surveys or site questionaire that ask me to rate a service or product, as I believe that genuine feedback is useful, both for customers and the company. I will sign online petitions for causes that i believe in. But I feel that your suggestion, to try and influence other people over what is really a very trivial matter, namely a problem in an online computer game, is bordering on paranoia. 

OreH75 #12 Posted 23 October 2017 - 10:17 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46926 battles
  • [RANGR] RANGR
Lol, want all players to unite while ingame not even 15 can unite to form a team and win...

BravelyRanAway #13 Posted 23 October 2017 - 10:40 AM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22377 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
Ticked as many boxes as possible.....ticking boxes is great.:)

Bennie182 #14 Posted 23 October 2017 - 10:43 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 51588 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A

I already don't spend a penny anymore, since they don't take any feedback that I have give over the years seriously. all I receive is silence or automated messages as reply.

I think one of the main keys is not just people stop spending money etc. I think the most important thing is that we can show the amount of people that does it. The only way to overrule their thoughts I think.

Edited by Bennie182, 23 October 2017 - 10:50 AM.

atlasapl #15 Posted 23 October 2017 - 10:54 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3225 battles

View PostJuicyProduction, on 23 October 2017 - 04:03 AM, said:

So those of you on the forum most likely would have seen several of my rants the most recent being with the MM. I have complained about many things that is only a matter of opinion. This patch however, is one that makes me feel all the more dismayed at what on earth the *Edited at WG are doing. MM has not been fixed, chat channels broken and is something that should have been hot fixed within the first 3 days (any reputable game developer could even have thrown a hot fix within the first day). On top of this I have read someone's post about NA servers getting compensation for WG stupid mistakes:

http://forum.worldof...age__mode__show

This unequal treatment and complete gap between treatment of player bases depending on servers is, in my eyes, completely unacceptable. Players on the EU server experience the same issues as NA players so give us the same compensation WG. A dying playerbase is no excuse. It is mostly your fault in the first place that you are losing players as you love lying about listening to players. On top of this with news of clan wars reward tanks no longer being given out in future and essentially reducing rewards a player can get so you can continue your disgusting cash grabs. 

Can we please get some sort of ball rolling. If you are in then say so and list your reasons for joining the boycott. I think the best way to do this would be to:

-Refuse paying for extra premium time

-Don't make any more store purchases (prem tanks/tank models/clothing/gold/credits)

-Refuse to vote WoT for Golden Joystick award

*Edited

I hope this isn't just a stale post that won't be taken seriously. WG is tarnishing their own reputation and they know it, they just don't care. Can we show them that we have had enough and force them to wake tf up.

These kind of problems shouldn't occur? or should be fixed quicker? clearly you have no idea what its like being involved in software development.

So if the real reason for you're fake 'adolescent anger' is that you're just bored after 21K battles, move on and play something else.

ValkyrionX #16 Posted 23 October 2017 - 11:09 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42460 battles
  • [ORKI] ORKI
im actually boycotting my is6..is dying in my garage..its ok? haha

jack_timber #17 Posted 23 October 2017 - 11:19 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32454 battles
No I enjoy the game to much:)

Phobos4321 #18 Posted 23 October 2017 - 11:47 AM

General

• Player
  • 43095 battles

well someone might be able to believe/agree with you if you werent such a hypocrite

speaking of boycott  while you bought  defender, patriot, liberte, amx 49, s1 etc    

buy a type 5 and vote for premium ammo ban ?

also even if you werent a hypocrite its about numbers

the english speaking forum represents  ~1/4 of the forum active community ? (hard to tell since you are free to be active there even if you arent a native speaker)

ignore the exact numbers just recognize  not everyone is active here

than again about 90% of the players dont use the forum at all  so you wont reach them     so there might 5% of the eng community active at the forum joining your boykott (or any other) while bing hardly  1/4 of 10% of the community so your reach would be fairly below 1% of the EU community  and than guess again  the EU community is just 1 community and mostly even one wg dont care much about as the mainly focus on and listen to the russian community

even if the whole EU community stopped buying anything  (not going to happen)  i doubt they would change the game towards our taste rather than the russian one

Hedgehog1963 #19 Posted 23 October 2017 - 11:55 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 50900 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
Nope.

Aoishi #20 Posted 23 October 2017 - 12:50 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19734 battles
  • [VO1D] VO1D

View PostHedgehog1963, on 23 October 2017 - 11:55 AM, said: