How long untill WOT dies?

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

Poll: How long untill WOT dies? (215 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

How long do you think? Poll edit: 5,10,15 years and longer were added.

1. 1 month (8 votes [3.72%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.72%

2. 2 months (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. 6 months (2 votes [0.93%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.93%

4. 1 year (14 votes [6.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.51%

5. Voted 2 years (37 votes [17.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.21%

6. 3 years (20 votes [9.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.30%

7. 4 years (41 votes [19.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.07%

8. 5 years (42 votes [19.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.53%

9. 10 years (22 votes [10.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.23%

10. 15 years (4 votes [1.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.86%

11. longer (25 votes [11.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.63%

Vote Hide poll

Nohe21 #101 Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:18 AM

Private

• Player
  • 976 battles
  • [WG_M] WG_M
*Thread has nothing to do with Gameplay, moved to "Off Topic" due to wrong section.

Aikl #102 Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:38 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26948 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postjabster, on 25 October 2017 - 10:06 AM, said:

I’d say the most important tiers are the lower ones as that’s where WG either gain or lose a customer. I’m not sure what the industry standard is but there’s a hell of a lot of players that never get past one thousand games.

If that. Going a bit into speculation/conspiracy mode here, but it's not like it matters much. WG is a company after all, so they're free to implement what business model they see fit.

It would appear they're not having much problems. Battle numbers are sort of declining, but not really that much; most can be explained by existing players that don't really need to grind that much. Victor Kislyi said that most who endured played WoT for more than ten weeks (?) stayed almost forever. That might imply that once you get past the lower tiers players have more fun, and many spend money on the game.

Judging from how WG continues to put low-tier sealclubbers for people that needs to compensate "collector's tanks" up for sale again and again, they probably want to get players into higher tiers or stop playing the game. Maybe a player who is fine with playing T1-3 is most likely a freeloader? Makes sense to give them a hard time if you don't need the players there. Nowadays you even get a T3 tank for free - with 100% crew and sixth sense. I can imagine that moving people past the T1/2 battles is a fair way of accelerating the player into deciding whether he wants to continue or not, it's a nice idea after all.

On a related note, WoT on console got their forums closed. Sounds like the kind of thing to do when they don't really need, or want, a forum for (public) player feedback. It's a bit of a stretch because it's console, but I can imagine it limits the "dissidence" quite a bit.

Tidal_Force #103 Posted 25 October 2017 - 07:32 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16195 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostTrewSx, on 24 October 2017 - 10:45 PM, said:

No more Civ games, I have one and the amount of hours spent on that game is alarming. No, I don't need another one, it's too dangerous.

Although if you enjoy these kind of games I would recommend Stellaris, but wait for Xmas sale, then you can get it for half the price. I think I bought it for €19.99 when it was on sale.

My favorite greetings when I meet a new race is something like: You walk the path of heresy, alien scum !

Yes, my races are almost always Fanatic Xenophobe and Militarist. I also use No refugees policy all the time :).  It's brilliant.

Tried Stellaris. I died of boredom in micromanagement hell. If there ever has been game in actual need of "streamlining" it is that game. I mean. Planets having individual tiles? Managing population manually? That's way too much, especially because assisting AI is as dumb as average WoT player.

Same with Hearts of Iron 4.

I literally had to micromanage every single division on every front, otherwise "helper AI" would spend eternity shuffling them around to make sure they are never doing anything useful and never in any shape to actually fight the enemy.

So far, for 2 Paradox games I tried, both turned out to be mindnumbingly boring massive duds.

The only good 4X and similar made in this decade are Endless Space and Endless Legend.

_AceDane_ #104 Posted 31 October 2017 - 04:24 AM

Private

• Player
  • 47177 battles

View Postthestaggy, on 23 October 2017 - 12:56 PM, said:

And look at the battle counts. Lots of complaints from experienced players who keep on playing. Why? They clearly love/like the game so they complain in the hopes of making it better. They're not leaving, they just want WG to fix the broken stuff.

No. this is simply not true just because you play the game does not even remotely mean you like it as it is now. it is just that this game is not just a game. it is a hobby and has no direct competition. and dont even mention armored warfare because that crapdied when the publicer wanted them to make a world of tanks clone. what does that tell you about the games current standing? and of course people will hope for the best but reality is unless something is done wg will continue to screw over its player base who dont complain with a loud enough voice this is where we need the contributers to do something. but look what happened when foch had enough. they f#%"&&/ booted him.

Did_Eye_Hurt_You #105 Posted 31 October 2017 - 04:50 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1735 battles

View Postanother_Ghost_Shell, on 23 October 2017 - 12:26 PM, said:

you cant deny that the game is in its worst state then ever before.

As a newcomer to this game I can't comment on anything, so far I like the game, I am one of those people who like a tank because it looks good on the video's and buy it on impulse or grind away and get it, that is the reason the tanks is what I have now is all I play with, then I will be getting tier 10's.

I really like the new graphics on the test server, I was lucky to play the new version, and I can not wait for that to come into play, that should bring us back into the game with the graphics side of it, as of right now I do agree the graphics do look like a bit cartoonish and after 6years of game play it really needs to be updated.

So when will it end I don't know? they could pull the plug in ten minutes time without warning, who knows, so until then I shall still invest in the game as I love it and I get great enjoyment in playing it..

13omega13 #106 Posted 31 October 2017 - 06:13 AM

Private

• Player
  • 15770 battles

the end will be soon. they will be taken by a great company and soon will be a a full pay game as it is on console.  this will be happen in next 10-12 months.

SaintMaddenus #107 Posted 31 October 2017 - 02:51 PM

Major

• Player
  • 38424 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users