Hijacked Account

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

sebusca83 #1 Posted 23 October 2017 - 08:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 46934 battles
  • [D_B_C] D_B_C

Heloo to everyone my friend has a problem,somone is stolen account WoT  has an idea how to try to help him???

someone has managed to replace e-mails, and steals his account nicname is

SuperHick

I'll show you a few pictures of his account

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot_599.jpg   905.84K
  • Attached File   Untitled.png   2.35MB
  • Attached File   shot_604.jpg   1.43MB

K_A #2 Posted 23 October 2017 - 08:15 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13641 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
We can't help you, he'll have to contact support. Not sure if even they can help, they'll need a lot of proof the account is in fact his, like receipts of the prem tank purchases etc. 

Schmeksiman #3 Posted 23 October 2017 - 08:17 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16280 battles
  • [INC] INC
What's said above, he will probably need proof of every purchase to prove he's the owner of the account. Nothing else will work.

Pansenmann #4 Posted 23 October 2017 - 08:21 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34043 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

it is not easy to change account email to begin with.

the only people that can help your "friend" is the support.

go here for further reference https://eu.wargaming.net/support/

nobody on forums is able to help.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 24 October 2017 - 01:15 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66235 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Find the payments or transfer numbers for the gold he used to buy that T26E4 or CDC with, or any recent purchase he has made there. Either by searching his paypal history, or contacting his bank. Once he has those numbers. Tell him to contact support and ask for a password reset and email change. And then attach the screen or the payment info that shows the transfer number to WG. Also he needs the location he was in when he created the account, and the current ISP he had. As that's all the info I had to toss at WG to even change my Email. As the hacker needs to know personal info, and bank account transfer info.

As that's the ONLY way to show he owns the account. Thus I find it funny that the hacker even did manage to change his email. Indicating that he has contacted support to do so. If so, it's not the only account he owns that has been hacked. I would check his paypal to if he owns it.

Spurtung #6 Posted 24 October 2017 - 01:48 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 63560 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostBalc0ra, on 24 October 2017 - 02:15 AM, said:

Find the payments or transfer numbers for the gold he used to buy that T26E4 or CDC with, or any recent purchase he has made there. Either by searching his paypal history, or contacting his bank. Once he has those numbers. Tell him to contact support and ask for a password reset and email change. And then attach the screen or the payment info that shows the transfer number to WG. Also he needs the location he was in when he created the account, and the current ISP he had. As that's all the info I had to toss at WG to even change my Email. As the hacker needs to know personal info, and bank account transfer info.

As that's the ONLY way to show he owns the account. Thus I find it funny that the hacker even did manage to change his email. Indicating that he has contacted support to do so. If so, it's not the only account he owns that has been hacked. I would check his paypal to if he owns it.

Uh? I only need my phone to change the email account.

On other news, I have no clue how am I supposed to change country of residence now. I never had a problem changing to wherever I am ATM, but right now, there's not even an option to change it.

Balc0ra #7 Posted 24 October 2017 - 03:33 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66235 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostSpurtung, on 24 October 2017 - 01:48 AM, said:

Uh? I only need my phone to change the email account.

On other news, I have no clue how am I supposed to change country of residence now. I never had a problem changing to wherever I am ATM, but right now, there's not even an option to change it.

Well... they might have changed that recently then. As that's how I had to do it a year or so ago. Then again. You still need all that info to prove you own the account. As we have not bought a copy of the game with a key or such items to prove it.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #8 Posted 24 October 2017 - 04:17 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 29170 battles
If Ops friend has had his email compromised then loss of access to his WoT account is the least of his concerns.

_Hakkapeliitta_ #9 Posted 24 October 2017 - 04:56 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 44540 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF
when i chance my phone number and forget chace that all so in my account profile WG ask my purchase history 3 years  back, they give me information what month, and i take screenshot and phone number chance :) but yes support is the way to go if account is hijacked

Jbnn #10 Posted 24 October 2017 - 08:53 AM

• 9532 battles
  • [WG_M] WG_M
Actually I will have to close this thread as it is not game-play related.

However, as forumites said, what your friend has to do is contact customer support. They will ask from him to proof that he owns this account.
Here I will let a link to contact with them. Have a nice day and best wishes with such issues. 

https://eu.wargaming.net/support/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users