t-34-3, M4A1 Rev, T-54 Prot and FV

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

_Anarchistic_ #1 Posted 24 October 2017 - 02:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36466 battles
any of these any good after buffs, I have 40t for froggies but no tier 8 prems for brits, Russians or chinks

commer #2 Posted 24 October 2017 - 02:40 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38081 battles

View Post_Anarchistic_, on 24 October 2017 - 02:25 PM, said:

any of these any good after buffs, I have 40t for froggies but no tier 8 prems for brits, Russians or chinks

Rev is still French so no idea why you are asking about it. It's the best of out the ones you mentioned. 

FV4202 is still crap. Less crap but the turret still gets penned more than it should and the gun still has cancer handling and DPM. Pilot is way better in the same role. 

T34-3 won't make you any money since you need to spam heat in it and it's inaccurate as [edited]. Plus pref mm tanks get crapmm for some reason. 

t54prot is decent but I'd rather play t44-100 since it's better in bad mm. Or simply get a guard. 

Search_Warrant #3 Posted 24 October 2017 - 02:46 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 26690 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View Postcommer, on 24 October 2017 - 01:40 PM, said:

Rev is still French so no idea why you are asking about it. It's the best of out the ones you mentioned. 

FV4202 is still crap. Less crap but the turret still gets penned more than it should and the gun still has cancer handling and DPM. Pilot is way better in the same role. 

T34-3 won't make you any money since you need to spam heat in it and it's inaccurate as [edited]. Plus pref mm tanks get crapmm for some reason. 

t54prot is decent but I'd rather play t44-100 since it's better in bad mm. Or simply get a guard. 

What he said basically. but T-34-3 after buffs at least has troll armor now, aimtime buff is better than nothing. its "fun" but not competative.

_Anarchistic_ #4 Posted 24 October 2017 - 02:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36466 battles

View Postcommer, on 24 October 2017 - 02:40 PM, said:

40t only a 3 man crew, got my bat chat crew in it but now unlocked 30b line and new crew so thought Rev be better trainer

got a guard, forgot about that one

commer #5 Posted 24 October 2017 - 03:00 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38081 battles

View Post_Anarchistic_, on 24 October 2017 - 02:55 PM, said:

40t only a 3 man crew, got my bat chat crew in it but now unlocked 30b line and new crew so thought Rev be better trainer

got a guard, forgot about that one

If you have a guard then there is no reason to buy a russian med prem. FV4202 is crap so don't buy it. From those get a rev though I think a better investment would be getting something for a new line you will grind in the future. 

Balc0ra #6 Posted 24 October 2017 - 03:22 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64272 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
After the buffs the FV can give you some troll bounces if you use the full -10 over a ridge line. On flat ground, it's as useless as ever vs just about anything. And you did hardly notice the engine buff. I got mine for free, so not complaining. But if I payed for it? I would use the trade in function right about now.

leggasiini #7 Posted 24 October 2017 - 03:31 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12292 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

From what I hear, T-34-3 is still not great but much more comfortable than it used to. It also never meets tier 10s. The pen is trash though so some HEAT can be really helpful.

Ravioli is quite nice IMO, the best tier 8 med premium you can get from tech tree, though armor buffs and mm changes can be annoying for it. The gun can be trollish (despite surprisingly okay GH) and its pen sucks but other than that, its quite nice. The velocity is incredible, and that alpha with surprisingly good GH and -10 depression is a very nice combination.

I enjoy Mod 1 but it might be just because I am a hipster; it still suffers from the MM even after the buffs. It would be very good if tier 8 mm was way better, though. If you can afford to spam quite a bit gold ammo then its still okay, but hinders credit making potential. Its not bad but for credits definitely not the best choice.

4202 has gotten like 4-5 buffs...and still is trash

Lentomies1 #8 Posted 24 October 2017 - 04:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 28618 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

I think you should get the tank that suits your playstyle the most.

In a nutshell:

Brawler with fantastic turrer armour and ok-ish hull armor with big gun, bad accuracy, aim time and below average pen but has pref MM. --> go for T-34-3

​____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

​Medium/TD with excellent​ gun and -10 degrees of gun depression, but lacking in armour and "mobility" --> go for M4A1 Revalorisé.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

​Medium with pretty good mobility and decent turret armour (when using -10 degrees of gun depression) and with good pen, but lacks the DPM and alpha DMG. --> go for FV4202

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

​Brawler with fantastic hull armour and ok-ish turret armour. Also has pretty good DPM but lacks the penetration to use it. Also the gun is rather mediocre when it comes to gun handling. Engine is not that great and makes the tank feel rather sluggish. --> go for T-54 first prototype

RiflemanThick #9 Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:47 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 12762 battles
  • [EGYPT] EGYPT

View PostBalc0ra, on 24 October 2017 - 04:22 PM, said:

After the buffs the FV can give you some troll bounces if you use the full -10 over a ridge line. On flat ground, it's as useless as ever vs just about anything. And you did hardly notice the engine buff. I got mine for free, so not complaining. But if I payed for it? I would use the trade in function right about now.

You're right about FV4202 because it is way worse than Centurion MK I and Victoria in many ways. I was wondering why is the hell Centurion MK I received 10 times better turret armor than FV4202 while Centurion MK I has better  DPM,Speed,HP,View range,More shells,better velocity than what FV4202 has and FV4202 only gets 200 of turret armor with 175 of armor on top of the turret which is easy to pen. What should happen is Centurion MK I turret armor should be nerfed to 220 and FV4202's turret should be buffed to 230 since Centurion MK I is better than FV in many things that I mentioned here : http://forum.worldof...202s-turret/    I have no IDEA wtf WG is thinking and how they even THINK or if they even think at all.

Ceeb #10 Posted 25 October 2017 - 12:03 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 30079 battles
I would take the 54 Prot over all of the above.    And I love my Ravioli

VarzA #11 Posted 25 October 2017 - 02:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18081 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

View Post_Anarchistic_, on 24 October 2017 - 02:25 PM, said:

Take a look at the STG, 390 alpha, and of all the premium meds, it has best alpha/pen ratio, so relatively reliable damage output; 390 alpha with good accuracy and aim time on a 212 pen shell that is AP.

It can also kinda snipe and has good camo, not to mention the good speed.

Armor is not reliable but will deliver ocasional bounces.

Rev has 390 alpha and amazing shell velocity but the price it pays for this is the use of APCR with 200mm of pen, which means you can't rely on more than 150mm of pen at range, and your shell may get eaten up by tracks, plus bad normalization. It's HEAT round is pretty useless too, due to a combination of the height of the vehicle and only 250mm of pen.

It's still a damn fine tank though.

As for the rest, i can only give an opinion based on them as targets/enemies.

I hate the FV4202, it's armor is very troll.

T-54 proto has some armor but it's more towards heavy armor, it works vs t8 and below but t9+ will go through you like butter.

T-34-3 had armor buff ... i think it's a damn fine tank and i might have picked it up during the current trade-in, if it wasn't so damn expensive (also it's MM currently kinda blows).

T-44-100 is generally considered better than the t-54 proto as well.

CDC is only if you are a masochist at heart. :)

Edited by VarzA, 25 October 2017 - 02:46 PM.

FluffyRedFox #12 Posted 25 October 2017 - 02:30 PM

General

• Player
  • 22536 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
Rev> Mod 1 > T-34-3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>4202

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users