WOT Premium Shop

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

LoboStine #1 Posted 24 October 2017 - 03:11 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12282 battles
  • [RASC2] RASC2

With a candidate degree in Psychology and Communication, I'm used to working with campaigns and target groups. It does not seem clear at all that WOT are testing their actions on the target group before launching them. At least not in terms of WOT Premium Shop Featured or Specials. Really many from the target group are of the opinion that WOT are selling the same tanks Again and Again. Scorpion G has been for sale a lot of times and now STG guard is AGAIN available for sale. If WOT was my candy store ...then I would be more and more afraid that customers soon disappeared - completely gone. It's about having as much different as possible on the shelves. Children do not like buying the same again and again (as WOT players), but want to have variation that promotes the curiosity and motivation. Give the desire to come to the store again and again - to investigate and buy more. Don't just pass by - because it's just the same as usual. It's a very unhealthy strategy for any business - even toothpaste. When the range continues to be the same and it does not vary, your audience lose both curiosity and motivation. So, you may have much in Lego or other toys, but it's not the same as buying new Lego or other toys. At WOT Premium Shop Featured or Specials you only have the opportunity to buy the same over Again and much is for sale for over 30 days or more before it is replaced. If it's about toys for adults or children - then it's the same thing. In silence death - in movement life. It is very sad that there is someone at WOT who takes such seemingly destructive decisions, which can be hard to find good reasons for.

Personally, I would like to buy Object 252U Defender, but according to Customer Service it seems to have very long prospects. Meanwhile, I have been able to buy Scorpion G and others of the same tanks a lot of times. Scorpion G I already have and have had a long time but have been able to buy it several times since.  I've lost the motivation to play and have not done it for a long time, but I know that motivation could come again if at some point it would be possible to buy Object 252U Defender again if it ever becomes possible - or maybe also some new maps to play on... but By that time I might have found something else to do in my spare time that has a greater variety and ability to maintain my motivation. Apparently this issue is nothing that WOT Marketing Managing understands at all. It does not seem to be the best marketing strategy...

Edited by LoboStine, 24 October 2017 - 03:49 PM.

Kozzy #2 Posted 24 October 2017 - 03:13 PM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [RINSE] RINSE
They have made HUGE amounts of money doing what they are doing, so why would they change what they are doing?

tajj7 #3 Posted 24 October 2017 - 03:16 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25793 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
I presume they don't teach you paragraphs in this course? 

jabster #4 Posted 24 October 2017 - 03:20 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12598 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostKozzy, on 24 October 2017 - 02:13 PM, said:

They have made HUGE amounts of money doing what they are doing, so why would they change what they are doing?

Look they’ve read a couple of books so that’s why they’re experts on the subject.

jack_timber #5 Posted 24 October 2017 - 03:23 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34507 battles

I presume they, as most do, work under the premise " if it ain't broke don't fix it", talking about premium shop here mind you.

As there are new players joining all the time these folks will be also new to the shop, it's only the "older" players that notice the same tanks being sold.

Well my thoughts and paragraphs as well:)

250swb #6 Posted 24 October 2017 - 03:25 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 23153 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

News Flash! - OP holds WG hostage, won't play the game until Defender back in the Shop. Local resident said, 'he's a naughty boy, but I blame the parents'.

Karasu_Hidesuke #7 Posted 24 October 2017 - 03:27 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16170 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
I think it's a good idea that certain tanks return to the premium shop on a regular basis, be it Skorpion G, STG Guard or Object 252u. I don't think it's the same people (usually) buying them every time they pop up.

Kozzy #8 Posted 24 October 2017 - 03:31 PM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [RINSE] RINSE

View Postjabster, on 24 October 2017 - 02:20 PM, said:

Look they’ve read a couple of books so that’s why they’re experts on the subject.

I guess you're right.  What the hell are WG thinking?  They could be make real money if they stopped doing what they're doing and listened to random guys on the forums, especially those who are studying Psychology.

__H3H3__ #9 Posted 24 October 2017 - 03:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30979 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
MORE PREM TANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LoboStine #10 Posted 24 October 2017 - 03:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12282 battles
  • [RASC2] RASC2

View Post250swb, on 24 October 2017 - 03:25 PM, said:

News Flash! - OP holds WG hostage, won't play the game until Defender back in the Shop. Local resident said, 'he's a naughty boy, but I blame the parents'.

Ha, ha.. no, it's not just the Defender. That's the variation I miss - also in the maps. Do not only eat meatballs every day. You get tired of that too. Variation also creates motivation.

spamhamstar #11 Posted 24 October 2017 - 03:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 64313 battles
  • [LLAY] LLAY

That's a big wall of text, just to say you want to buy the defender. 

I'm sure you're right in that WG would make a packet if they sold it again, but all the lame justifications in the world will not make the tank any less OP & I'm not sure it will add any variety to the game if we're all playing the same OP tank.

250swb #12 Posted 24 October 2017 - 04:18 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 23153 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

But bringing the Defender back isn't a straight forward thing. Yes the Skorpion is always in the Shop, but after players buy them they find it takes some skill to play it, and that is what makes it balanced.

So a lot of Skorpions get bought and then gather dust, which means balancing the game is easy, the Skorpion simply fits in with the other TD's in the game. Not so the Defender, it is an overpowered tank anybody could play reasonably well, so there would be proportionally far more in the game, and they'd need balancing, a difficult job considering it is a Premium tank and WG can't nerf Premium tanks. This is the reason WG aren't putting the Defender back into the Shop, it would need a nerf, or alternatively they have to wait a long time as power creep in the heavy tank sector makes the Defender a balanced tank. So in effect it gets a nerf, much like the IS-6 which was once OP, but now a shadow of it's former self and power creep re-balanced it.

LoboStine #13 Posted 24 October 2017 - 04:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12282 battles
  • [RASC2] RASC2

View Postspamhamstar, on 24 October 2017 - 03:49 PM, said:

That's a big wall of text, just to say you want to buy the defender. 

I'm sure you're right in that WG would make a packet if they sold it again, but all the lame justifications in the world will not make the tank any less OP & I'm not sure it will add any variety to the game if we're all playing the same OP tank.

As written just above you.. It’s not just a “big wall of text” to buy the Defender. The “big wall of text” is about much more than that e.g. questions about motivation justified in variation of products (e.g. tanks, maps etc.) - among the target group.

If WOT always selling the Scorpion G or the STG guard (read: the same tank) You get exactly what you describe: That all playing the same OP tanks.

Hedgehog1963 #14 Posted 24 October 2017 - 04:46 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 51609 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
Why didn't OP buy the damned tank when it was available?

Jam_in_a_Tank #15 Posted 24 October 2017 - 04:46 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15465 battles
  • [ENZYM] ENZYM

Hello, 

View PostLoboStine, on 24 October 2017 - 03:11 PM, said:

With a candidate degree in Psychology and Communication, I'm used to working with campaigns and target groups. It does not seem clear at all that WOT are testing their actions on the target group before launching them...........

Well after reading this i will of course agree with what have been stated above, i need to mention though this is only happening in EU region, go visit RU and NA premiums shops and you will understand they have been over this strategy and got further than this, every time i visit those is full of prem tanks and all kind of tanks, i mean guys, commmon make the shop more interesting...

Junglist_ #16 Posted 24 October 2017 - 05:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37792 battles
So in reality it's not about he fact that there is not enough variety it's about the fact that OP wants to buy a single fuking tank that happens to be non other than the broken OP Defender. Well tough how about you learn to play the game in normal tanks

LoboStine #17 Posted 24 October 2017 - 05:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12282 battles
  • [RASC2] RASC2

View PostKozzy, on 24 October 2017 - 03:31 PM, said:

I guess you're right.  What the hell are WG thinking?  They could be make real money if they stopped doing what they're doing and listened to random guys on the forums, especially those who are studying Psychology.

It seems that your disgust to psychologists is greater than the desire to discuss what this post really is about. I do not know where the bad "script" or disgust has arisen, but really dosen’t matter for this discussion.

I am not a psychologist but works with different audiences in creating the best product - both in terms of campaigns and products. The target audience is a resource that you should listen very carefully to when making the right campaign or product. If you have satisfied customers, they also buy the product, which creates greater basis for earning money. Two birds with one stone or common sense.

Edited by LoboStine, 24 October 2017 - 05:23 PM.

LoboStine #18 Posted 24 October 2017 - 05:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12282 battles
  • [RASC2] RASC2

View PostHedgehog1963, on 24 October 2017 - 04:46 PM, said:

Why didn't OP buy the damned tank when it was available?

ha, ha.. I would also wish that I had done that ;-) but it has not been for sale for a long time :-D But that still does not change the main issue ;-) 

Edited by LoboStine, 24 October 2017 - 05:24 PM.

BravelyRanAway #19 Posted 24 October 2017 - 05:37 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 23006 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View Posttajj7, on 24 October 2017 - 02:16 PM, said:

I presume they don't teach you paragraphs in this course? 

Must have been a half price course........the communication part suffered.

LoboStine #20 Posted 24 October 2017 - 05:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12282 battles
  • [RASC2] RASC2

View PostJunglist_, on 24 October 2017 - 05:02 PM, said:

So in reality it's not about he fact that there is not enough variety it's about the fact that OP wants to buy a single fuking tank that happens to be non other than the broken OP Defender. Well tough how about you learn to play the game in normal tanks

Yes. It’s exactly about the variety, motivation etc. Then the post has not been too complicated for you to understand after all. I also tried to make it simple. Look at The Defender as an example. How you play your tanks or not is not the issue. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users