HWK12 poll, comments, recommendations

son of SPIC

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Poll: How good is HWK? (6 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

HWK is

1. Good (5 votes [83.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 83.33%

2. Bad (1 vote [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

3. Acceptable (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Hide poll

geoff99 #1 Posted 25 October 2017 - 02:19 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 36116 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

I've bought HWK12 recently, partly out of interest as I saw some youtube films talking it up and partly as a crew trainer for the Rhm Pzw (don't ask).

I haven't worked out the best way to play it and would appreciate some tips from those who can make it work.

Pros and cons, in my experience

+ the view range (410m) is exceptional for t8

+ fast enough to be an active scout

+ reasonable alpha

- armour slightly better than t7 scorpion; vulnerable to HE and ramming by anything

- shell speed is very slow

- soft stats don't feel good

+/- 10 degrees gun depression not that impressive as turret at the back

I've only played 20 battles so far, but the style I appear to be developing is primarily as an active scout and secondarily as a support flanker. I don't feel confident going toe to toe with other lights (or with anything). It is very vulnerable when spotted or close up, so you need to keep your distance. Best played semi-passively at the start and doing more aggressive spotting or flanking runs once the numbers have thinned out mid-game.

TL;DR  great spotter on an open map, irrelevant on city maps, far less fun that a WZ132.

Please add your experiences or thoughts (best if you've actually played the tank).

Steeleye_Spam #2 Posted 26 October 2017 - 01:51 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26445 battles
I didn't keep it, but I enjoyed playing it. You have a slow reload, so you will be slain in knife fights with other lights or mediums (esp' autoloaders). I don't know what the camo value is, but it seemed quite good  -  I had quite a few matches where I was able to remain unspotted, firing where I'm sure I would have been spotted in other tanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users