arty is jizz and so type 5

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Anxter_ #1 Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:50 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 26589 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

First off, I won't lie that Brumbarr's thread wasn't a major inspiration for this, but I felt his challenge lacked some extremism in its approach, so I took it upon myself to do a ghetto run on the IS-7.

Basically, I played 10 battles like this: Posted Image

Standard ammo, standard consumables, no equipment and stock 75% crew. Any real advantage that can be paid for or grinded out I removed for the sake of it. The sample size is quite minor at 10 battles, but [edited]playing any tank like that for more by choice, I'm not a masochist. For the same reason I didn't take the free 50% crew because I don't think anyone should take those ever and I didn't feel like gimping myself that much.

Now, these are the results: Posted Image

As for why battles 6 to 9 were a bit meh, I played like crapin those quite honestly and this short session could've easily ended up even better. Not that a team camping 1 line on prok helps much though. 

Replays for the proofs:

So in the end I gimped myself massively and still ended up having a meh session for my fully kitted IS-7 as a result even despite having 3 games where I made exceptional mistakes that cost me a lot of potential damage. Hell, the lack of premium ammo hardly bothered me. The lack of sixth sense, repairs, DPM and any semblance of viewrange felt much more of an impairment than having lower pen. 

I guess the moral of the story is a superunicum becomes a blue shitter if he kits his tank out like a bot. Oh that and you should definitely have 3 proper equipment pieces on your tank and a good crew. And maybe gold ammo isn't such an improvement over standard as some posters seem to think.

Me when I bounced a 15 second reload shot on an AFK tank: Posted Image

So I ended up trying the same in a med as well and I ran this: Posted Image

Results: Posted Image

Replays:

As expected, it's far more cutthroat to play meds this way because if you [edited]up even one, that's probably it. Last game saw me lose most of my HP crossing on mountain pass because quality map design and then I just made 2 retarded pokes and that was the end. So saving grace of the IS-7 armor, no bouncing anything while hulldown when people loaded gold and guaranteed repair kit loss if I got tracked. Playable, but it burned me out of playing world of tank for today because that crapjust wasn't enjoyable. 

Though I must say it felt less bad than the IS-7 at doing the damage because it could till somewhat snap and aim properly. It was less the RNG [edited]me over and more risks just being really punished harder. I value my repair crews so much more now. And I'd have to make the same conclusion as in the IS-7, gold ammo don't mean crapcompared to a good crew and equipment. Lack of repairs and DPM cost me a damn lot more than a few HEAT shells would've gained. Not to mention all the track shots that did damage as well I had that simply wouldn't have happened quite the same way with HEAT. At least on the IS-7 the APCR has no gameplay disadvantages compared to its standard ammo.

That and if you want to know how the 121b plays before you pick it from whatever campaign is up next, just roll m48 patton without BIA and a 75% loader and driver. It felt a scary accurate comparison. 

Posted Image

So to conclude, get good crews you idiots, spend some [edited]credits on equipment, stop bitching about gold ammo and [edited]the 121b, it's crapand whoever down at WG balance department thinks it's okay to have that tank at tier 10 with its current stats should consider calling an asylum to pick him/her up.

Edited by Anxter_, 26 October 2017 - 05:36 PM.

jack_timber #2 Posted 25 October 2017 - 07:11 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32474 battles

Well done although I would struggle with a sub 100% crew, binos and camo net, premium shells I could do without.

Anxter_ #3 Posted 25 October 2017 - 07:18 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 26589 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
Forgot to add that the third game was 12000 damage combined for those of you struggling with HT-15 and that you should not try sidescraping in a CDC. Just don't. You won't bounce an IS-7 like that ever.

Havenless #4 Posted 25 October 2017 - 07:37 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 454 battles
  • [-UM] -UM
After the gold ammo and pay-to-win elements are debunked like that I'm expecting to see some "i pley for fun :) "

Aikl #5 Posted 25 October 2017 - 07:46 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
Well, you still have experience and skills; this is actually still mildly offensive. How 'bout you try to play4fun with binos and camo net and see how well you do? :)

sgtYester #6 Posted 25 October 2017 - 07:51 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 53466 battles
  • [RANGF] RANGF

just proves that is7 is overbuffed

Edited by sgtYester, 25 October 2017 - 07:54 PM.

Long_Range_Sniper #7 Posted 25 October 2017 - 07:57 PM

General

• Player
  • 30656 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostAnxter_, on 25 October 2017 - 05:50 PM, said:

The lack of sixth sense, repairs, DPM and any semblance of viewrange felt much more of an impairment than having lower pen. 

I've said for a while that one of the reasons people complain excessively about premium ammo is that they simply feel it.

They don't feel the advantage you get from repair kits, or food which are also consumable items bought with credits. 

But these are the very things you seem to have missed the most.

ExclamationMark #8 Posted 25 October 2017 - 07:57 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16679 battles

75% crew. Fricking tryhard.

View PostsgtYester, on 25 October 2017 - 07:51 PM, said:

http://forum.worldof...ge-gold-prizes/

Comments?

ZlatanArKung #9 Posted 25 October 2017 - 08:02 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles
I think having AP is kind of try-hard and p2w.
Come back when you do it with HE... and only 5 of them.

HassenderZerhacker #10 Posted 25 October 2017 - 08:02 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 25579 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

I notice the very high credits results - when I do a bad round in my E100, it easily costs 25k - 30k.

Well armored heavies are probably the tanks that are least affected by pay to win mechanics.

I think most people are not too annoyed by unicums driving heavies, I rather think Obj 140, B-C 25t and similar tanks rather get on people's nerves when they are used with pay to mechanics.

Are you willing to redo a round with a light or medium tank that benefits a lot from crew, food and premium ammo?

Aikl #11 Posted 25 October 2017 - 08:13 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostsgtYester, on 25 October 2017 - 06:51 PM, said:

Well, probably. Heck, just look at the overbuffed IS-3, it's tota-

Spoiler

персонал форума плох! It's overbuffed, but now it doesn't overperform anymore!? Weird stuff. Anyway, the IS-7 will conf-

Spoiler

"High skill cap tank"? Err.

Hard to say what actually is happening there. Might be some FOTM effect. Bad players doing worse, good players doing better. IIRC even the the 55%+ players are ~5% of the server population, according to all WN8 percentile charts, so you could argue that it's only unbalanced for 10% of the players (though in reality likely quite a bit less; good players should be more likely to have, and play actiively, a T10 tank), and thus "balanced overall". 

Ah well. Gotta be overperforming on RU, though, right? RU has a metagame (supposedly) so based on fast attacks that you'd think the IS-7 would be overperforming by even more than 1-2% over EU (about the same negative effect a Type 5 and Defender gets on RU; which is probably due to different meta) because it's overbuffed and an assault tank!!

Spoiler

Yeah. I don't know. Do heavies gets 'group matched' more aggressively on RU due to more players, which evens out the stats? Might be the case if one server is way more popular than the others, but I somehow doubt it. Stats are weird. Most likely it's small sample size on EU; the buff wasn't really huge enough to bring it up to FOTM status.

Edited by Aikl, 25 October 2017 - 08:17 PM.

Pansenmann #12 Posted 25 October 2017 - 08:21 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33678 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Thanks for your thread,

it proves that crew skills are more important than ammo loadout.

So it is good that you can't buy crew skills for $$.

wait a second...

Anxter_ #13 Posted 25 October 2017 - 08:35 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 26589 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostPansenmann, on 25 October 2017 - 07:21 PM, said:

Thanks for your thread,

wait a second...

Well, yes. But the thing with crew skills is that there's only a few that truly make a difference to the point where 3 skills pretty much makes a heavy as effective as it will be and the rest is minor advantages. Sixth sense + BIa+ repairs is basically all you need. Most people will easily have such a crew by the time they reach tier 10. It's only lights and meds that get actual benefit from camo that benefit greatly from having a 4 skill crew.

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 25 October 2017 - 07:02 PM, said:

Are you willing to redo a round with a light or medium tank that benefits a lot from crew, food and premium ammo?

Maybe, but I don't see the point. Both gimping myself by denying premium ammo and gimping myself by trying to play tanks based around mobility without a good driver and gunner seems futile. Nor does it seem like it's able to prove a point. I mean, I picked the IS-7 exactly because it has some strengths you can leverage even if you forego a good crew etc, but meds have mobility to leverage instead of armor and gun handling rather than alpha. Both of those things are HEAVILY influenced by crew skill and equipment, so obviously they'd suffer even more in terms of effectiveness. 

Hence why it seems like a pointless experiment. I already know that on the IS-7 crew and equipment matters a lot more than premium ammo. It'd be even more pronounced in meds. 

A better one would be to compare a med driving with good crew and equipment to one with a crapcrew and no equipment firing only gold. But to properly be able to compare those you'd need a dataset of the size I can't be bothered to play because I already know the outcome. The former will vastly outperform the latter.

Havenless #14 Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:01 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 454 battles
  • [-UM] -UM
How about going without aimbot next?????????

ExclamationMark #15 Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:08 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16679 battles

View PostHavenless, on 25 October 2017 - 10:01 PM, said:

^

K_A #16 Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:09 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13581 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
"But but but... you had camo on the tank and I can't afford that because I have morals and I don't want to win in unfair p2w way  :child:"

HassenderZerhacker #17 Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:55 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 25579 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View PostAnxter_, on 25 October 2017 - 08:35 PM, said:

Maybe, but I don't see the point. Both gimping myself by denying premium ammo and gimping myself by trying to play tanks based around mobility without a good driver and gunner seems futile. Nor does it seem like it's able to prove a point. I mean, I picked the IS-7 exactly because it has some strengths you can leverage even if you forego a good crew etc, but meds have mobility to leverage instead of armor and gun handling rather than alpha. Both of those things are HEAVILY influenced by crew skill and equipment, so obviously they'd suffer even more in terms of effectiveness. 

Hence why it seems like a pointless experiment. I already know that on the IS-7 crew and equipment matters a lot more than premium ammo. It'd be even more pronounced in meds. 

A better one would be to compare a med driving with good crew and equipment to one with a crapcrew and no equipment firing only gold. But to properly be able to compare those you'd need a dataset of the size I can't be bothered to play because I already know the outcome. The former will vastly outperform the latter.

equipment and 100% crew with 2 skills allowed :-)

driving a tank with 75% crew and no equipment is not realistic and I don't see the point of comparing firing gold with crapcrew.

It's much more interesting to compare the effects of "premium" - and I mean premium everything - with non-premium. But that doesn't mean driving around with no equipment and a crap crew.

I am still of the opinion that tanks based on mobility and viewrange equipped with guns that normally should not be able to penetrate heavily armored targets frontally will perform significantly less if no food and no premmo is used.

specifically, I would be interested to know how much the performance of a great player like you is impacted by restricting the crew to 2 skills and not using food, premmo or improved equipment.

no platooning allowed either of course.

so... how much does your average WN8 suffer from these restrictions when driving one of these mobility dependent tanks without being able to rely on additional pen from gold ammo?

Folau #18 Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:58 PM

Major

• Player
  • 15254 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostHavenless, on 25 October 2017 - 09:01 PM, said:

Maybe you should try installing an aimbot based on those stats.

Bucifel #19 Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29622 battles
  • [JDUN] JDUN

View PostPansenmann, on 25 October 2017 - 08:21 PM, said:

Thanks for your thread,

wait a second...

in fact, you can

just buy a lot of gold,

some prem tanks,

play them without accelerated crew training activated,

convert this XP to free xp

and then use this free xp to increase your crew skills.

everything is possible...with gold ! ;)

Anxter_ #20 Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:10 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 26589 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostBucifel, on 25 October 2017 - 10:07 PM, said:

in fact, you can

just buy a lot of gold,

some prem tanks,

play them without accelerated crew training activated,

convert this XP to free xp

and then use this free xp to increase your crew skills.

everything is possible...with gold ! ;)

Whilst sarcasm can be quite hard to convey through text, I think you may have missed a very specific and obvious hint that that post was sarcastic. 

Not to mention you seem to have missed the point of this thread which is that it's very possible to not be terrible at this game without anything that costs gold or a significant amount of credits.

Edited by Anxter_, 25 October 2017 - 11:11 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users