Rerolling...why?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

SidewalkOfPain #1 Posted 25 October 2017 - 09:39 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 24783 battles

This thread isn't supposed to be salty or any foolishness like that. I simply want to know the different motivations behind rerolling,

out of sheer curiousity.

Derethim #2 Posted 25 October 2017 - 09:42 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17135 battles
The only reasons are boasting with your stats to other people/getting accepted into a clan or just out of boredom and wanting to start over (rare).

Isharial #3 Posted 25 October 2017 - 09:43 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19531 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

some people do it for the stats such as overall, to get into clans that wouldn't otherwise except them

others do it because they really failed horribly when they first started and now cant improve their results, after 20k games trying to change your overall from 48% to 52% (for example) would probably take another 20k games...

others do it because they want to look better than everyone else (this is after all, a competition)

if I was to re-roll, it would be for the 2nd option, the 1st and last don't really matter to me

RamRaid90 #4 Posted 25 October 2017 - 09:50 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20586 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostIsharial, on 25 October 2017 - 08:43 PM, said:

some people do it for the stats such as overall, to get into clans that wouldn't otherwise except them

others do it because they really failed horribly when they first started and now cant improve their results, after 20k games trying to change your overall from 48% to 52% (for example) would probably take another 20k games...

others do it because they want to look better than everyone else (this is after all, a competition)

if I was to re-roll, it would be for the 2nd option, the 1st and last don't really matter to me

That whole paragraph contradicts itself.

Every option is about stats. If you didnt care about stats, you would not care if your win rate was 48% or 52%.

leggasiini #5 Posted 25 October 2017 - 09:51 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12426 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Yeah, basically the fact how I failed horribly in my first 20k matches was a one reason for my rerolling. Couldnt improve unless I played a boatton if games.

Another reason was rareish reason if being bored and I wanted excitement.

It also felt nice how I got to play tanks that I played in 2013 and would probably have touched again. For example, I thought that the SU 85 is decent, but god no it is not even close of being decent.

And lastly, I also did it because the amount of relevant progress I lost was very insignifcant. I already have all the tanks I used to play before rerolling, and that took less than 4 months to get those. Not bad considering that they havent added anything interesting fir me to grind.

I may be an idiot, stupid and retarded baboon but I dont care, its already done. Period. Honestly, I actually enjoy the game more than before rerolling. However I still cannot recommend rerolling for most of people, because chances are that they have way less reasons to do so than I had. 

Isharial #6 Posted 25 October 2017 - 09:55 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19531 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostRamRaid90, on 25 October 2017 - 09:50 PM, said:

That whole paragraph contradicts itself.

Every option is about stats. If you didnt care about stats, you would not care if your win rate was 48% or 52%.

honestly depends on the way you read it I guess

I never said that none of them were about stats, but more that "stat hunting" is considered as "going for unicum status" rather than simply improving one's results.... and the latter 2 options are examples of simply improving ones meagre scores, rather than "getting purple wn8" which is what you seem to think, judging by the aggression in your post

it does seem that 1) you have a hatred for re-rollers, and 2) a hatred for me and what I said

kindly sod off somewhere else?

Edited by Isharial, 25 October 2017 - 09:55 PM.

SidewalkOfPain #7 Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:00 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 24783 battles

View PostIsharial, on 25 October 2017 - 08:55 PM, said:

I never said that none of them were about stats, but more that "stat hunting" is considered as "going for unicum status" rather than simply improving one's results.... and the latter 2 options are examples of simply improving ones meagre scores, rather than "getting purple wn8" which is what you seem to think, judging by the aggression in your post

it does seem that 1) you have a hatred for re-rollers, and 2) a hatred for me and what I said

Please keep it civil, this is a fact-finding mission, not a fight.

HaZardeur #8 Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 33257 battles
e-peen enlargement.... nothing else.

Isharial #9 Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:01 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19531 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSidewalkOfPain, on 25 October 2017 - 10:00 PM, said:

Please keep it civil, this is a fact-finding mission, not a fight.

was my first post not civil? I don't see where I went even remotely aggressive, and yet still received such behaviour back... perhaps message them not me about it

ExclamationMark #10 Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:02 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16679 battles

Since you're serious.

I was bored of the game. I had played every single tank on the CT, and grinded the ones that I enjoyed. Once I did that, there wasn't really any motivation for me to play. Lost interest and took a ~6 month break thinking, that was that. 

Well nope, game drew me back again. But pretty soon I started to lose interest. So, I rerolled, wanting to see how well I could do. Which is funny, since I have 2 rerolls now... yeah...

After 2.5k games on my first 2nd account, yet again started to lose interest... it was a failed reroll anyway (no sarcasm, I only played LTs and crap, literally playing for purple points while not actually being a good player, and my WR reflected that).

So, I came back after yet another break... and rerolled yet again. :D

I guess you could say this time I didn't fail it - the sig in my signature is my current reroll, 5k games. Joined a top clan () which is pretty much the only reason I'm still playing the game right now. 

Well that's not strictly speaking true... taking another break from the game. :P tho won't be an extended one this time, just need to catch my breath, game had started to frustrate me a lot, if I'd kept playing it would definitely be a long break.

Guess it varies from person to person why they reroll - but in 99% of cases, the main reason is stats. Holds true for me. I like to see how well I perform reflected in stats.

RamRaid90 #11 Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:11 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20586 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostIsharial, on 25 October 2017 - 08:55 PM, said:

You have a very strange idea of aggression.

Simply pointing out a fact. The only reason to re-roll, according to your own post, is for stats in one way or another. It is nothing to do with the way it's read, rather the way it was written. It can only be read one way.

However the irony from your second post is laughable. Talking about unnecessary aggression with an unnecessarily aggressive post. :D

I don't hold a hatred for re-rollers, and that has never been implied by my post. I do however consider the idea completely pointless but that's an opinion. Furthermore, in order to hate you, i'd have to care about you. Neither of which are true.

The simple fact around the idea though, is that re-rolling is only for people who care about their stats and the way others percieve them.

Edited by RamRaid90, 25 October 2017 - 10:14 PM.

Strappster #12 Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:18 PM

General

• Player
  • 23695 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I've been tempted to re-roll but knowing that others would think I did it for stats stops me.

When I started playing, I was dumb enough to over-commit to buying premiums. I thought it was worth having a tier 8 premium for every line I was grinding or thinking about grinding to use as a crew trainer. Knowing what I know now, it's only really worth having two, maybe three tier 8 prems to use for credit grinds - it's hard enough playing tier 8 with the current match-making without playing with a fresh 75% crew that have no skills. Training crews is easier and more fun on tiers 5 and 6.

Every once in a while I think about re-rolling and selling off all my unnecessary premiums because then I'll find out how good a player I really am. It'd be for my own curiosity, nothing else. But knowing that I wouldn't be able to voice an opinion without voices from the peanut gallery dismissing me as a re-roller makes me question whether it'd be worth the bother.

I could play a f2p account but I've got a fair amount of prem time on this account and nearly always have had so I'd want to use that up first, otherwise why play free with prem time ticking away that I've paid for on another account?

RamRaid90 #13 Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:20 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20586 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostStrappster, on 25 October 2017 - 09:18 PM, said:

Every once in a while I think about re-rolling and selling off all my unnecessary premiums because then I'll find out how good a player I really am. It'd be for my own curiosity, nothing else.

Then sell them and keep track of your recents....there is simply no need to re-roll for that.

Isharial #14 Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:22 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19531 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostRamRaid90, on 25 October 2017 - 10:11 PM, said:

You have a very strange idea of aggression.

Simply pointing out a fact. The only reason to re-roll, according to your own post, is for stats in one way or another. It is nothing to do with the way it's read, rather the way it was written. It can only be read one way.

However the irony from your second post is laughable. Talking about unnecessary aggression with an unnecessarily aggressive post. :D

I don't hold a hatred for re-rollers, and that has never been implied by my post. I do however consider the idea completely pointless but that's an opinion. Furthermore, in order to hate you, i'd have to care about you. Neither of which are true.

The simple fact around the idea though, is that re-rolling is only for people who care about their stats and the way others percieve them.

no I just read it that way, if that's not the intended way, then fair enough :amazed:

my post is far less aggressive than the way I read yours.. so I could actually say that your 2nd post is more ironic than mine was :facepalm:

and that fact is true (which I never disputed, so I don't know why you have such a problem with my initial post)

View PostStrappster, on 25 October 2017 - 10:18 PM, said:

I've been tempted to re-roll but knowing that others would think I did it for stats stops me.

When I started playing, I was dumb enough to over-commit to buying premiums. I thought it was worth having a tier 8 premium for every line I was grinding or thinking about grinding to use as a crew trainer. Knowing what I know now, it's only really worth having two, maybe three tier 8 prems to use for credit grinds - it's hard enough playing tier 8 with the current match-making without playing with a fresh 75% crew that have no skills. Training crews is easier and more fun on tiers 5 and 6.

Every once in a while I think about re-rolling and selling off all my unnecessary premiums because then I'll find out how good a player I really am. It'd be for my own curiosity, nothing else. But knowing that I wouldn't be able to voice an opinion without voices from the peanut gallery dismissing me as a re-roller makes me question whether it'd be worth the bother.

I could play a f2p account but I've got a fair amount of prem time on this account and nearly always have had so I'd want to use that up first, otherwise why play free with prem time ticking away that I've paid for on another account?

that is one thing that does stop a few people re-rolling I think.. how much premium time they have

there are other games I play that ive made multiple accounts for, but trying to play those, among others while your subscription/membership/premium time ticks down is a hard choice.. which do you play?

Strappster #15 Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:26 PM

General

• Player
  • 23695 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostRamRaid90, on 25 October 2017 - 09:20 PM, said:

Then sell them and keep track of your recents....there is simply no need to re-roll for that.

That's the other option I keep considering but on both occasions when I've sold a bunch of prems, I've suffered seller's remorse shortly afterwards and reclaimed them. Those things cost money, y'know. Re-rolling would mean I wouldn't have the option to roll back, it'd be done and dusted and I wouldn't have to worry about tracking my recents against my overall - the numbers would speak for themselves, not require further interpretation.

View PostIsharial, on 25 October 2017 - 09:22 PM, said:

that is one thing that does stop a few people re-rolling I think.. how much premium time they have

there are other games I play that ive made multiple accounts for, but trying to play those, among others while your subscription/membership/premium time ticks down is a hard choice.. which do you play?

Exactly. I think the last time I played my f2p account was during the T-34-85M marathon, I haven't looked at it since then.

_Avenger_SRB_ #16 Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:37 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22285 battles

People feel superior to others when their name has a prettier color and they feel like they can insult and lecture others on the game that way.

It's all nice and everything until they get rekt by a "yellow" or a "green" player who has XVM camo..... 

i myself have shitty stats, 51% WR and 1370 WN8 in 20k games, the recents are a different story though, 55% WR and 2100 WN8 in last 2000 battles and a very healthy 60% WR and 2840 WN8 in the last 600 battles.

.... and the best part is, i play the game 100% vanilla, so even if i rerolled, i wouldn't see my stats.

Not really worth throwing away all the work i've done and around 6,7 Tier X lines completed.

P.S: Tank grinding is also much worse than in 2015 for example......FOR OBVIOUS REASONS (new mm, armor powercreep, premiums reduced profitability)

Edited by _Avenger_SRB_, 25 October 2017 - 10:40 PM.

RamRaid90 #17 Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:46 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20586 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostStrappster, on 25 October 2017 - 09:26 PM, said:

That's the other option I keep considering but on both occasions when I've sold a bunch of prems, I've suffered seller's remorse shortly afterwards and reclaimed them. Those things cost money, y'know. Re-rolling would mean I wouldn't have the option to roll back, it'd be done and dusted and I wouldn't have to worry about tracking my recents against my overall - the numbers would speak for themselves, not require further interpretation.

Exactly, they cost money. Why not just not play them and keep them as occasionals ;) Re-rolling you will lose them, for good you know...I'd say thats more of an issue.

Lil_Dimitry #18 Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:46 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 2318 battles

I never understood the hate towards rerolls but recently i think i've uncovered why people hate them. It's because a lot of "rerolls" spam lowtier games to get good stats and then proceed to fail at higher tiers hence the heat they get.

Personally, i would rather have a 3k reroll on my side than a green "legit" player anytime of the day 

RamRaid90 #19 Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:51 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20586 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostLil_Dimitry, on 25 October 2017 - 09:46 PM, said:

I never understood the hate towards rerolls but recently i think i've uncovered why people hate them. It's because a lot of "rerolls" spam lowtier games to get good stats and then proceed to fail at higher tiers hence the heat they get.

Personally, i would rather have a 3k reroll on my side than a green "legit" player anytime of the day 

A blue player with 60% games above tier VIII and a 58% win rate is a far better player than a purple player with 70% games below tier VI and a 60% win rate.

Any one stats is pretty much meaningless alone.

Edited by RamRaid90, 25 October 2017 - 10:51 PM.

Strappster #20 Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:59 PM

General

• Player
  • 23695 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Post_Avenger_SRB_, on 25 October 2017 - 09:37 PM, said:

People feel superior to others when their name has a prettier color and they feel like they can insult and lecture others on the game that way.

To be fair, I've been insulting and lecturing people since I started playing, the colour's got nothing to do with it.

View Post_Avenger_SRB_, on 25 October 2017 - 09:37 PM, said:

It's all nice and everything until they get rekt by a "yellow" or a "green" player who has XVM camo.....

So by that measure, if you re-roll you're damned as a re-roller, if you don't and you happen to be a reasonable player then you're using XVM camo to disguise your ability. It's a no-win situation for anyone who's made an effort to learn to play.

View PostRamRaid90, on 25 October 2017 - 09:46 PM, said:

Exactly, they cost money. Why not just not play them and keep them as occasionals ;) Re-rolling you will lose them, for good you know...I'd say thats more of an issue.

That's exactly what I'm doing, though in some cases after each battle all I can think about is why I'm bothering to stick with them (FCM 50t, for example).

Although re-rolling keeps your premium tanks and any time and gold you have on the account. It's only reward tanks which are taken away because you have to earn them again through the missions. I don't know if that also applies to marathon tanks like the T-34-85M, T-44-100 and T25 Pilot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users