Fast Firing Lines Keep Getting Turned Into Alpha Lines...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

StronkiTonki #1 Posted 26 October 2017 - 06:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 29234 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

Why does every single line need to get a huge derp gun nowadays?

Literally everything that doesn't have a high alpha is getting dumbed down by giving it high alpha guns.

Am I the only one that sees this happening?

Look at the British turreted TD's. I personally think all the alpha guns were not needed. Even the Challenger was good as it was imho.

The SU-101 had gotten a useless 122mm long time ago. The Caernarvon was my favorite tier 8 heavy with it's old gun.

The whole point of the two Soviet TD lines was to have two good varied choices. One line with alpha, the other line with fast firing guns.

Now the new tier 10 will just be another 750 alpha TD, as if we didn't have enough of those already...

Not only that, but it just changes the whole game into a big RNG derp fest where every shot you get just takes away half of your HP.

I personally like my guns to be a bit more reliable. Lower alpha, but good accuracy.

How long until every other line gets dumbed down like this? I'm seriously getting sick of it.

leggasiini #2 Posted 26 October 2017 - 06:34 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 9611 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
At least the Conway and Challenger kept options of having faster firing guns (I kinda like the way they did on those; they still kept the fast firing guns, but also gave option for bit more punch to get prepared for the FV4005), and the Caernarvon still has the lowest alpha of regular tier 8 HTs. However, the 263 line changes are extremely stupid and definitely should not happen, especially the changes at tier 9/10.

Edited by leggasiini, 26 October 2017 - 06:34 PM.

FelixJG #3 Posted 26 October 2017 - 06:35 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15972 battles
  • [VIVUS] VIVUS
I'd be happy for them to make the 263 another reward tank at tier 10 for those that own it but removing it completely is moronic at best. the tank is unique and rewarding to play, these changes definitely should not happen.

StronkiTonki #4 Posted 26 October 2017 - 06:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 29234 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

View Postleggasiini, on 26 October 2017 - 05:34 PM, said:

At least the Conway and Challenger kept options of having faster firing guns (I kinda like the way they did on those; they still kept the fast firing guns, but also gave option for bit more punch to get prepared for the FV4005), and the Caernarvon still has the lowest alpha of regular tier 8 HTs. However, the 263 line changes are extremely stupid and definitely should not happen, especially the changes at tier 9/10.

Yeah, that's still pretty true.

Also for the Caernarvon, it probably still has a pretty reliable gun, which isn't too derpy either.

I'm afraid they will be changing everything in the future though.

Maybe they will increase the alpha of the Tortoise line too... Or any other line that has lower alpha damage..

Derethim #5 Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:13 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16426 battles

Also made a thread about this and I disagree completely with Wargaming's practice of making a GAME more boring.

Because linear = boring and a lot of AAA titles today are trying to avoid being linear by putting a lot of randomly generated stuff into their game or just making the variety so big, it's close to random.

Not WG.

WG thinks by making all the tanks the same it's going to ... i don't know what they're trying to accomplish here actually. Aside from making the lines all the same and boring to make people buy more "unique" fun tanks with real money and pulling cookie tanks out of their arses to replace the tanks they made premium.

Balc0ra #6 Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62791 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostStronkiTonki, on 26 October 2017 - 06:18 PM, said:

Even the Challenger was good as it was imho.

The Caernarvon was my favorite tier 8 heavy with it's old gun.

I suspect you are the only one that liked them in their old form them. Challenger was arguably the worst tier 7 around by most, as that pew pew gun did not suppress anything in a tier 8 or 9 game. Most gladly took a hit or two from you to cross the street to rape your flank. Caernarvon had a useless 20 pdr, and no one feared it, as it lacked both dpm and alpha to make anything a bad trade. Sure the 32 pdr was a bit over done on the DPM "2250 base would have been more then enough". But it needed that bigger alpha to toss at least some fear around. As no one ever said "oh crap they have a Caernarvon". Sure they could have buffed the 20 pdr instead with more dpm. As the only tank the 20 pdr is good on, is the AT-15. They also buffed the FV 4202 this patch, but IMO the worst part about it is still that 20 pdr.

Then again. if you like the 17 pdr on the Challenger, you can still use it. The Conway more or less was turned into the same as the German WT line. DPM or less DPM but more alpha.

Edited by Balc0ra, 26 October 2017 - 08:05 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users