• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Pandabird #1 Posted 27 October 2017 - 07:59 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33973 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF

There's Franken and Stein in my garage.

What will i expect when entering the mode, how should i outfit my vehicle and crew?

Want to get a quick strategy thread going, will edit main post the more info i get.

Anyways diving in head first, yolo!

Ok so there's Krakow map, a huge type 5 Artillery to destroy and a bunch of other enemies. All are bots.

Leviathan always spawns to the west, and heads either north or south, attempting to get to southeast corner.

Tanks can't mount rammer (sadface). Hunt down the leviathan early and collect health kits. Don't let main turret aim at you and dodge those red balls (they'll pretty much completely stun your crew for 5 seconds). His side cannons hurt a ton as well and if they focus on you, you are doomed.

Mounted: (Frank) Toolbox, Binoculars, GLD. Equipment: Small med kit, small repair kit, Large repair kit.

Small repair kit is to repair ammorack, medkit is for stuns. Large just for passive faster repair.

Crew put all on repair skill or go with the flow, but i recommend repair skill (the crew will poof once this event is over, not like other events)

The "shiny" parts are Leviathan's weakspots. Even secondary gun (q button) can pen those from the right angle. Turret cheeks and LFP (front and rear) can be penned from front with main gun

Prefer Franken so far, better gun layout imo, Stein has autoloader secondary but it's just so much harder getting efficient DPM off of it due to it being rear turned

View PostBadSounds, on 27 October 2017 - 04:02 PM, said:

I opened the game in safe mode (mods disabled), now I can shoot both guns!

*Disabling mods or running game in "safe" mode can help if you have issues with secondary gun

View Postjimbobjammybob, on 27 October 2017 - 05:37 PM, said:

create platoon. start alone, no que..= profit!

Untested but might resolve long queue times for some

Edited by Pandabird, 27 October 2017 - 04:55 PM.

PowJay #2 Posted 27 October 2017 - 08:02 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36041 battles
One of three things has happened. Either I am not awake yet. I am stoned and do not know it, or the Halloween special event has started. I'm going to go with....... 1. Because I am certain that I am not stoned.

Chopchopchop #3 Posted 27 October 2017 - 08:06 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 52083 battles
  • [IDI0T] IDI0T

Where to hit, how to hit??  You get nothing for lose, no matter how well you do. Any ideas?

Edited by Chopchopchop, 27 October 2017 - 08:08 AM.

shane73tank #4 Posted 27 October 2017 - 08:16 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 28955 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

View PostPowJay, on 27 October 2017 - 07:02 AM, said:

One of three things has happened. Either I am not awake yet. I am stoned and do not know it, or the Halloween special event has started. I'm going to go with....... 1. Because I am certain that I am not stoned.

go with one because it would be impossible for this event to start before wg tell us about it

Danger__UXB #5 Posted 27 October 2017 - 08:17 AM

Major

• Player
  • 9786 battles

View Postshane73tank, on 27 October 2017 - 07:16 AM, said:

go with one because it would be impossible for this event to start before wg tell us about it

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/halloween-leviathans-invasion/

World of Tanks is under attack! Leviathan, ruler of the armored afterlife, is about to storm the Gate between this world and the land of fallen tanks, and only you can stop its army! The ghostly onslaught begins October 27 as hordes of Leviathan’s minions march toward the Gate. Answer the call to protect the mortal world and stop Leviathan from unleashing the Apocalypse!

With just a day left before mayhem begins, let’s not waste any time and brief you on the upcoming battle.

Narrative

Led by an insatiable hunger for power, Leviathan and its evil minions are launching an unending attack on the Great Gate between worlds. Many guardians have fallen, but their brave squads keep protecting the final barrier on Dark Crucible. As their ranks shrink, Leviathan’s army only grows stronger, pushing the guardians to retreat.

Your mission is stopping Leviathan’s attack and expelling its troops from the Gate. With every new battle, Leviathan devises a smarter plan. You never know where its army will spawn as they take a new route toward the Gate with every attack.

Overview

• Timing: Oct. 27, 07:00 CESTNov. 9, 06:00 CET
  • Modes: “Onslaught” (PvE) and “Mayhem”(PvP)
  • Vehicles: Two exclusive multi-turreted tanks: Franken and Stein
  • Map: Dark Crucible
  • Objectives:
    • PvP: Capture the enemy base or destroy all enemies
    • PvE: Hold back the onslaught by destroying the Leviathan

Choose Your Vehicle

Two long lost warriors, Franken and Stein, are summoned from the afterlife by the imminent threat of the Apocalypse. These two don’t need extra equipment to carry the battle. Sporting several turrets each (because drastic times call for drastic measures), they can punch just as hard as their ghostly enemies if you play to their strengths. They come with ghostly Crews that fear nothing and have nothing left to loose, which gives them a chance to defeat Leviathan.

Franken is your go-to if you prefer to snap shots from a distance. Its high damage can be used with its speed to fire while ducking in and out of cover. Find a safe spot and mow down enemies left and right! And should worst come to worst, you have an outstanding gun to blast your way out of a few sticky situations.

If you can’t wait to get up close and personal with Leviathan, consider taking a spin with Stein. Best described as a damage sponge, this wielder of two turrets is mobile and has a better power to weight ratio than Franken, plus lots of hit points to get you through fierce close encounters.

FRANKEN 

franken1-2.pngFranken shines at long ranges. Fitted with two accurate and devastating guns, it doesn’t toy with enemies—it picks targets from afar and takes them out before they even see it coming. If you’d like to take it slow and learn all the ins and outs of its multi-turret playstyle before jumping into the heat of the battle, Franken might be just the vehicle for you. Both its guns are mounted in its frontal projection, making it easy to adjust to new mechanics.

You’ll have both these tanks in your Garage for this event. Pick which one to play, then choose to face Leviathan's forces in a PvE mission, or play test new vehicles in a 15v15 PvP battle.

With two teams of 15 in multi-turreted tanks, friendly fire can become a game-changer, so it's disabled to prevent ruining the fun. Enjoy Franken and Stein’s full firepower with no fear of accidentally destroying a few teammates!

Important: Ghostly Crews are tied to their vehicles: you can’t send them to the Barracks or retrain them for other tanks. To keep you focused on the main conflict, we also disabled Crew training for Free XP for event tanks. Training them is an empty gesture anyway, as they return to the underworld on November 9 (along with Franken and Stein).

Study the Archenemy…

Now that you’re briefed on the good, let’s look at the bad: Leviathan. No longer content with being a mere steward of the underworld, Leviathan is hungry for more power. To gain ultimate control, it built up an army and led it the Great Gate—the portal to the mortal world. Claiming all for itself, it will unleash the Apocalypse upon the souls of the living... unless it can be stopped.

Getting some intel on the enemy ahead of the battle should help, and we’ve got some for you, right in the Garage. Hover over the grim shadow in the background to see what you’re up against.

Armed with an intimidating main gun, Leviathan has a few secondary weapons mounted across its massive hull. Will it shy away to finish the job with them? Doubtful. Unlike mere mortals, Leviathan is fearless and knows no mercy. It won’t think twice about ramming whoever dares cross paths with it. Its rage is so fierce, simply touching its hull will send you back to the Garage. Also, be wary of the landmines it plants around its enemies; rolling over one leaves you stunned and defenseless for seven seconds.

Let’s face facts: it’s going to be a tough battle, but do you really have a choice? It’s either face the threat or watch the world burn. However, Leviathan isn’t without weak spots. Take a closer look and you’ll find there are flaws in its armor. Exploit them and this tough nut is sure to crack.

…And Its Ghostly Army

Supporting Leviathan are fallen warriors who crossed over to the dark side. 14 minions attack the Great Gate, and as crude as they are, they call also be useful to you. By destroying a minion, you gain a Health Pack that heals you and your allies.

How to Fight Minions

• Be smart, act fast: They’re brainless puppets controlled by Leviathan’s mastermind. It takes them some time to adjust their tactics, which could give you an upper hand.
  • Know your vehicle’s weaknesses to get a good read on theirs: Minions all drive experimental tanks, similar to Franken and Stein, but they're a lot less efficient than yours. Use this to your advantage, but don’t think they’re easy targets.
  • Treat minions as a strategic resource: Instead of dismantling the whole ghostly squad in the first few minutes, prolong the “pleasure.” Their HP can last through a battle, if you harness it.

Missions & Rewards

Fight for a greater cause, or just for fun! If you want to profit in a new experience, amplify the challenge by embarking on special Battle Missions. Every mission you complete in PvP and PvE modes earns you a sarcophagus filled with valuable in-game items. If you’d like to rack up Credits, embark on the Reward for commitment mission, available throughout the event in both PvP and PvE.

Special missions for Halloween

Expand

Halloween Challenge

Expand

Once you’ve met all mission conditions, a sarcophagus appears in your Garage. Click on it to collect your prize. Rewards are generated randomly and come in four types. The more complex the task you choose, the greater the reward you get for nailing it.

Important: You only get rewards if you open the sarcophagus!

A stellar performance also gets you exclusive medals. Battle Missions are the key here, too. Every quest gets you a step closer to adding these unique accolades to your personal record.

• Sign of the Beast
  • The Undead
  • Redemption

Win 25 battles against Leviathan.

Show Leviathan that it has no place in this world!

Edited by Danger_UXB_, 27 October 2017 - 08:21 AM.

__H3H3__ #6 Posted 27 October 2017 - 08:27 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30964 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
Its so hard to go to the WoT site :facepalm:

PowJay #7 Posted 27 October 2017 - 08:33 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36041 battles

View Postanother_Ghost_Shell, on 27 October 2017 - 07:27 AM, said:

I went to the WoT site and I saw the weekend special. I didn't notice this in addition because it was a little box on the right. For a major new (event) game mode, I would have expected it to be a banner headline. My bad that I didn't spot it, but my response was because without knowing what was occurring, the opening post was utter gibberish. :teethhappy:

Pandabird #8 Posted 27 October 2017 - 08:39 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33973 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF

View Postanother_Ghost_Shell, on 27 October 2017 - 09:27 AM, said:

where they tell optimal loadout and strategy?

Didn't read anything besides "kill it fast or u lose lul"

arthurwellsley #9 Posted 27 October 2017 - 10:19 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 52122 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

In the pve mode where you need to kill Leviathan, I would suggest that the forumites get on it early. Most of your team will go after the bots. Shoot maybe one or two of them on your way to Leviathan, but make your way to Leviathan and start dpm on it. There is also an award for over 5,000 damage on Leviathan, called "Heavy Hitter". If you do over 5k damage then the rest of your team should just about manage to chip in the rest once they have finished off the bots and worked there way round to where you and Leviathan have been duking it out. Remember you need to begin your dpm on the boss fairly early as if you leave it to your team once all the bots are dead, they are likely to be timed out.

These "missions" etc for hallowen seem fairly grindy.

SaintMaddenus #10 Posted 27 October 2017 - 10:33 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35429 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Ghostly crew?   Not able to get on as at work right now but can they go to the Barracks?   can you use a 5 skill crew and retrain?    can you keep them after like I did with my WW1 crew.

Dava_117 #11 Posted 27 October 2017 - 10:38 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20196 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSaintMaddenus, on 27 October 2017 - 10:33 AM, said:

Ghostly crew?   Not able to get on as at work right now but can they go to the Barracks?   can you use a 5 skill crew and retrain?    can you keep them after like I did with my WW1 crew.

No. After the events run out they will returne to the digital afterlife they came from. 

Edited by Dava_117, 27 October 2017 - 10:38 AM.

rustysprite #12 Posted 27 October 2017 - 10:38 AM

Major

• Player
  • 22251 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSaintMaddenus, on 27 October 2017 - 09:33 AM, said:

Important: Ghostly Crews are tied to their vehicles: you can’t send them to the Barracks or retrain them for other tanks. To keep you focused on the main conflict, we also disabled Crew training for Free XP for event tanks. Training them is an empty gesture anyway, as they return to the underworld on November 9 (along with Franken and Stein).

SaintMaddenus #13 Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:06 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35429 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Thanks guys

wiggles #14 Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:11 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 34237 battles
They have nothing left to loose?

Aikl #15 Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:15 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25967 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postwiggles, on 27 October 2017 - 10:11 AM, said:

They have nothing left to loose?

Player relations? :D

FWIW: Stein is really awkward in PVP.

AngelofAwe #16 Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:16 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 39030 battles
Avoid PvP mode at all costs.
The bots in PvE at least have intelligence even if it's artificial.

The players cannot handle multiple turrets (surprise surprise) and just last game I got clipped in the back for 967 by my ally while he dealt 0 damage to the enemy.
Not because he wanted to deal team damage but because his brain melted from having 2 crosshairs. Obviously he couldn't even tell he was shooting me. 

250swb #17 Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:25 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 23141 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I won a sarcophagus of goodies in the first game against Leviathan, but we lost, as I also did in the three following games. It seems to me it's important to get rid of some of the bots early on because when dead they become a healing station, but not to get obsessed with them, Leviathan needs focusing early as well. The lower rear plate appears to be a weak zone but it's not very big. Only used the Franken so far.

magkiln #18 Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:32 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24652 battles
  • [EKKE] EKKE

View Post250swb, on 27 October 2017 - 11:25 AM, said:

I won a sarcophagus of goodies in the first game against Leviathan, but we lost, as I also did in the three following games. It seems to me it's important to get rid of some of the bots early on because when dead they become a healing station, but not to get obsessed with them, Leviathan needs focusing early as well. The lower rear plate appears to be a weak zone but it's not very big. Only used the Franken so far.

Also, you need to time the healing. Some people drive over the healing as soon as they make a kill, even when nobody needs it.

Finally, whatever you do, get rid of all the bots near the gate asap. If they're still there when Leviathan approaches the gate you'll get whiped out.

Ilknur_Ibryam #19 Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:35 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 11301 battles
I dont get it how to finish the tockens. I have done 6 out of 7 detonation ones and 1 out of 8 fire ones. Anyone can help

OneSock #20 Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:46 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35738 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

whats the point of giving 5000xp on a tank that has no modules to research ? and you can't direct it to the crew either !

WTF ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users