Don't be so hard on Wargaming...

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Aikl #1 Posted 27 October 2017 - 09:36 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

...they've clearly anticipated that the contacts list will break again, and added this feature. :D

Long_Range_Sniper #2 Posted 28 October 2017 - 12:31 AM

General

• Player
  • 30571 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

It's all getting a bit serious now......

Did_Eye_Hurt_You #3 Posted 28 October 2017 - 11:53 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1735 battles
like any other game they all have bugs, i see people on here are very toxic towards wargaming, why dont they try and understand and have some patience" after all it's only a game" not real life.

AvengerOrion #4 Posted 28 October 2017 - 12:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25351 battles

View PostMyWalletLowe, on 28 October 2017 - 11:53 AM, said:

like any other game they all have bugs, i see people on here are very toxic towards wargaming, why dont they try and understand and have some patience" after all it's only a game" not real life.

And like in other games there is always someone like you whiteknighting a multi million (if not billion) company that is acting like a bunch of mediocre 1st year students when it comes to their product quality and communications.

Schemezoid #5 Posted 28 October 2017 - 12:48 PM

Major

• Player
  • 20230 battles

View PostMyWalletLowe, on 28 October 2017 - 10:53 AM, said:

It is however a product ive paid for. Thus they should deliver a working product.

Aikl #6 Posted 28 October 2017 - 12:50 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

While that is correct, it's a matter of how long you have to deal with certain kinds of crap. I'll try to keep it a bit short: Bugs are not a huge problem with WoT. Gameplay aspects are generally worse. However, at the moment there are some obvious problems with communication and community-WG relations have soured as a result. We would be fools to ignore this when it's a game we actually care for, or even ignore this opportunity to have som fun on WG's behalf.

The bug that prevents missions from being enabled is extremely annoying (especially because the reason is that people were given free 'mission skip' orders), but it's mostly that it appeared now. Last weekend was the PR equivalent of the Hindenburg accident, and the issues causing that shitstorm has appeared again this weekend. Also, the Halloween event managed to stress the servers enough to crash them - enough to force a break in organized play. I don't play CW, but it reeks of bad planning and lack of server capacity.

FWIW: It doesn't take much to figure out the numbers - WG has stated that training rooms are somewhat limited because every match that runs is hard on the server. A normal random match has 30 people playing. The PvE mode has seven, and the server has to run fifteen bots too, if not more because how the 'boss tank' is set up. That means more than four PvE matches for every random match 'converted' to PvE. Of course there'll be problems if you don't have excess server capacity. Probably not something the EU community people can do, but since they (supposedly) gather feedback from the forum it's not a bad idea to make it clear that things are not going too well.

MrConway, announcements section:

Global Map:

• Due to the high interest in the Halloween mode we are running into unexpected bottlenecks in terms of our servers. As each game only takes 7 players and the server has to run multiple PVE opponents, a higher-than-usual number of battles has to be run which is causing these problems.
    • Unfortunately this means we have had to temporarily freeze Global Map activities for this weekend, as well as disable Advances and Wargames

This is not something that will be well-recieved, that's for f-ing sure.

I doubt that the EU community people really are to blame, but alas it's a fact that the only WG staff we have here are the community people and their manager. While you can argue about toxicity, it does not seem like the moderators thought anything crossed the line much - else it would have been removed. I know they were and are active, as they still moderate things that are crossing the line in terms of controversial content.

The coordinators and boss for community relations in EU do not post on this forum unless something has really gone down the drain. Like threatening a community contributor with copyright takedowns over his Youtube content or when they have seriously messed up the servers and infastructure several weeks in a row (yes, it has happened, though it's nearly four years ago).

View PostAvengerOrion, on 28 October 2017 - 11:47 AM, said:

And like in other games there is always someone like you whiteknighting a multi million (if not billion) company that is acting like a bunch of mediocre 1st year students when it comes to their product quality and communications.

​Playing the devil's advocate/whiteknighting can be rather useful when there's no staff to take the other standpoint. I do it quite a bit - it's helpful e.g. for certain gameplay elements. 

Edited by Aikl, 28 October 2017 - 12:51 PM.

AvengerOrion #7 Posted 28 October 2017 - 12:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25351 battles

View PostAikl, on 28 October 2017 - 12:50 PM, said:

​Playing the devil's advocate/whiteknighting can be rather useful when there's no staff to take the other standpoint. I do it quite a bit - it's helpful e.g. for certain gameplay elements. 
Except there is staff and his defense basicly goes no further than "don't be so mean to poor little <insert name>"

RamRaid90 #8 Posted 28 October 2017 - 01:01 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20577 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

You're either very new, or a really bad re-roll.

Either way, people who pay good money to play this game and do (for all their whinging and whining) actually enjoy playing it deserve to be treated better than they are.

I have played countless games, all have had problems from time to time. Heck, I remember Runescape's servers being down for the best part of a week. The key difference is communication. Wargaming know they're having problems. We know they're having problems. It's the fact there is not a single acknowledgment to the player base about what is happening, why it's happening and more importantly when it will be fixed.

Gremlin182 #9 Posted 28 October 2017 - 01:04 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 46657 battles

Yes its a free game that some of us have also paid for and when it stops working we get upset.

But there is getting upset and going crazy.

I invite anyone to turn up in person at a company or phone and start screaming at them.

Game goes down if you lost anything you paid for you get compensation.

You do not get back things you didn't pay for.

My broadband internet has on occasion gone down and when I phone and complain its usually a message saying a fault has been identified an engineer is on site and it will be fixed by say 5pm

I do not get back on the phone at 2 minutes after five screaming about them being unprofessional.

Nor do I get on their web page later and go on about how they make billions and should hire more staff and generally abuse the poor sob who's job it is to sort this out.

This is because I know Richard Branson owns the company and my complaints are being handled by someone on minimum wage trying to feed their family.

In retrospect I guess providing a web page for people to rant on is pretty sensible, we can all rant to each other.

Long_Range_Sniper #10 Posted 28 October 2017 - 01:05 PM

General

• Player
  • 30571 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Servers back on line.

I'd like to thank Wargaming for taking them down just after I started a credit booster.

Still no friends list.

No chat.

No chat in game.

But they did manage to get the pointless Halloween game mode working. Good to see they've got their priorities sorted.

ZlatanArKung #11 Posted 28 October 2017 - 01:09 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles
WG deserves all crapthey get now imo.

They have a crashed server, a broken contact list, an almost infinitely long wait time for Leviathan mode, a disabled global map etc due to it and remove personal missions.

AND THERE IS NO INFO ABOUT THIS ON THE PORTAL.

WG just randomly disables modes and restart server without notice or communication hoping that the players will somehow just take it and don't care.

Aikl #12 Posted 28 October 2017 - 01:12 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostAvengerOrion, on 28 October 2017 - 11:57 AM, said:

Except there is staff and his defense basicly goes no further than "don't be so mean to poor little "

Activity-wise this is much better than it usually is.

You're right, though, and his account age suggests he's not entirely aware of the context. Bit hard to type entire posts on a smartphone, hence the typos and lack of reading comprehension. 

Aikl #13 Posted 28 October 2017 - 01:31 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostGremlin182, on 28 October 2017 - 12:04 PM, said:

Yes its a free game that some of us have also paid for and when it stops working we get upset.

But there is getting upset and going crazy.

I invite anyone to turn up in person at a company or phone and start screaming at them.

Game goes down if you lost anything you paid for you get compensation.

You do not get back things you didn't pay for.

My broadband internet has on occasion gone down and when I phone and complain its usually a message saying a fault has been identified an engineer is on site and it will be fixed by say 5pm

I do not get back on the phone at 2 minutes after five screaming about them being unprofessional.

Nor do I get on their web page later and go on about how they make billions and should hire more staff and generally abuse the poor sob who's job it is to sort this out.

This is because I know Richard Branson owns the company and my complaints are being handled by someone on minimum wage trying to feed their family.

In retrospect I guess providing a web page for people to rant on is pretty sensible, we can all rant to each other.

I enjoy the game enough to not treat is as free to play - despite being good value for money. Free to play is not an argument for running this like a circus. 

If my ISP treated me this crappy, I'd make it equally clear as here. Only a wuss wouldn't. Any real company's customer staff are perfectøly able to handle complaints. Here, we have no possibility to make our opinion clear to "Branson", so guess what the solution is?

Finding more official channels of communication is in the works, just like WG EU are doing us a solid by building a case for us. 

Edited by Aikl, 28 October 2017 - 01:40 PM.

ZlatanArKung #14 Posted 28 October 2017 - 01:34 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles
If my ISP treated me like this I would change ISP in an instant.

Gremlin182 #15 Posted 28 October 2017 - 01:34 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 46657 battles

Yeah I guess having a game mode that means a battle only takes 6 players instead of 30 was bound to put a strain on the servers.

Seems obvious really

So each mayhem battle is the equivalent of 5 standard ones, more actually because that doesn't account for the AI bot opponents.

Did_Eye_Hurt_You #16 Posted 28 October 2017 - 02:17 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1735 battles

YES I am new to this and maybe  I dont understand WG ETHICS  and policies, 

What i meant from my statement was that i was speaking for myself being, so what there is an error what can i do about it? ah well, it will be fixed when it's done, i just come to play and blow things up and have a great day , and move on and don't complain.

SORRY if i have rattled your cages with my statement, but that is me and thats how i see it.

Edited by MyWalletLowe, 28 October 2017 - 02:18 PM.

Venatacia #17 Posted 28 October 2017 - 02:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34130 battles

​Not real life - what other lives do we live then. Didn't know we have a real life and a fake life. When we play WoT do we plug into the matrix or something ?. Last time I checked everything is part of life and WG sure wants my real life money.

Edited by Venatacia, 28 October 2017 - 02:33 PM.

Did_Eye_Hurt_You #18 Posted 28 October 2017 - 02:37 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1735 battles

View PostVenatacia, on 28 October 2017 - 01:30 PM, said:

Last time I checked everything is part of life and WG sure wants my real life money.

you dont have to pay for this game, its totally free, no one is forcing you to pay for it, the onus is on you if you wish to do so, as for not real life, oh comon dont tell me that you havnt heard that before, its called a game you dont drive real tanks, is a keyboard game.

Edited by MyWalletLowe, 28 October 2017 - 02:48 PM.

Strappster #19 Posted 28 October 2017 - 02:57 PM

General

• Player
  • 23695 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMyWalletLowe, on 28 October 2017 - 01:37 PM, said:

you dont have to pay for this game, its totally free, no one is forcing you to pay for it, the onus is on you if you wish to do so, as for not real life, oh comon dont tell me that you havnt heard that before, its called a game you dont drive real tanks, is a keyboard game.

Everyone knows it's a free-to-play game and anyone who's spent money on it is aware that they don't need need to. They've chosen to spend money, which means there's a certain amount of goodwill involved and it's that goodwill that WG are abusing through the lack of communication whenever there's an issue.

Venatacia #20 Posted 28 October 2017 - 03:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34130 battles

View PostMyWalletLowe, on 28 October 2017 - 01:37 PM, said:

​I don't pay for this game, not that stupid. How is saying WG sure wants my money mean I give them money. No way matey. Gave the money in the past but that was 2 years ago and I stopped paying when I saw what WG was doing to this game.

Edited by Venatacia, 28 October 2017 - 03:56 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users