ripping of peaple who support world of tanks

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

fatyellowpig #1 Posted 28 October 2017 - 03:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 38559 battles

why dose wot continue to rip off people who support the game by buying its premium contents.there is no longer any premium mm these tanks are only use at t8 not t9 or t10 most of the players who buy them are average .not the top 10% they need the premium mm to get the best out of them.instead of pacifying the top 10% and the clan lords look after the bottom 60% instead.that way you might not loose so many players,but it looks like your not to botherd  about that.

speedphlux #2 Posted 28 October 2017 - 04:00 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44206 battles
  • [TZAR] TZAR
Can you please learn to use proper capital letters where it's required ?! Oh yeah, and punctuation perhaps ?
There is a HUGE difference between "helping you Uncle Jack, off a horse" and "helping you uncle jack off a horse" !

Slyspy #3 Posted 28 October 2017 - 04:05 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14205 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
There is also a difference between "you" and "your". 

Jigabachi #4 Posted 28 October 2017 - 04:07 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postfatyellowpig, on 28 October 2017 - 03:58 PM, said:

why dose wot continue to rip off people who support the game by buying its premium contents.

They continue to do it because the cashcows like to be milked. 

Block Quote

there is no longer any premium mm these tanks are only use at t8 not t9 or t10

It was a mistake to add those tanks with special MM.

Block Quote

most of the players who buy them are average .not the top 10% they need the premium mm to get the best out of them.instead of pacifying the top 10% and the clan lords look after the bottom 60% instead.

I have absolutely no idea what your point here is. Bad players make good use of that MM, too.

And the game is already catered towards the bad players.

Block Quote

that way you might not loose so many players,but it looks like your not to botherd  about that.

Still no idea what "that" is, but given that they mostly care about their income alone, I doubt that they care about "that". And I'm not sure if they should start caring.

Aikl #5 Posted 28 October 2017 - 04:09 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25981 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
As borked as some gameplay elements are, it makes little sense to whine about tht right now.

At least WG devs claim that they are adressing it. Naturally, as most players don't want to play this way.

jack_timber #6 Posted 28 October 2017 - 06:31 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34415 battles
You do realise it is a free to play as well....

NUKLEAR_SLUG #7 Posted 28 October 2017 - 06:49 PM

Major

• Player
  • 30518 battles

View Postfatyellowpig, on 28 October 2017 - 03:58 PM, said:

why dose wot continue to rip off people who support the game by buying its premium contents.there is no longer any premium mm these tanks are only use at t8 not t9 or t10 most of the players who buy them are average .not the top 10% they need the premium mm to get the best out of them.instead of pacifying the top 10% and the clan lords look after the bottom 60% instead.that way you might not loose so many players,but it looks like your not to botherd  about that.

Yes, WG should totally make the game easier for anybody that pays them money. I can't possibly see how anyone could find an objection to that idea.

Aikl #8 Posted 28 October 2017 - 07:01 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25981 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 28 October 2017 - 05:49 PM, said:

Yes, WG should totally make the game easier for anybody that pays them money. I can't possibly see how anyone could find an objection to that idea.

Easier to play is indeed the idea. It's not meant to be easy to reach and play higher tiers for free.

Games where funding comes through payments for visual add-ons rather than actual gameplay elements are not the same breed as WoT is. Different game models; WoT would not be successful (economy-wise) if it was based on payments for visual items - the main attraction is the grinding for higher tiers, after all.

While there are a few elements that are more or less pay-to-win, the very model of WoT means that you can't expect all areas to be freely open for non-payers. Exactly why some people have trouble accepting that the very idea of 'free' players is feeding the low- to mid-tiers, I've yet to understand. I find T6-7 kind of fun still, though T9/10 feels more rewarding to play. It's more challenging, and I like a bit of challenge. 

That's not to say I particularly enjoy that credits are the main grind (and a premium account is a huge benefit for that), but it's a natural consequence of WoT screwing over new players big time, with a steep learning curve that also involves certain "collector tanks" that some people play almost exclusively. The established players are not that grind-focused anymore. I've stopped grinding new tanks several times over the years, but began again after reserves became a thing, and craving the challenge of playing different tanks.

unhappy_bunny #9 Posted 28 October 2017 - 07:03 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18576 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-
6 years in the game, 36k battles and his first forum post is......... 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users