Visibility

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

PattonLeather #1 Posted 28 October 2017 - 05:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10401 battles
  • [-MAUS] -MAUS

I have been playing my Skorpion G for some time now. I have a 3 skill crew (at 98% on their 4th skill with the following qualifications:

Commander (115%) Brothers in Arms, Camo, Sixth Sense

Gunner (127%) Brothers in Arms, Camo, Snapshot

Driver (127%) Off Road, Brothers in Arms, Clutch braking

Radio Operator (127%) Brothers in Arms, Camo, Situational Awareness

The tank has a camo net and binocs along with a gun rammer.

I usually equip with chocolate when I go out.

Here is the issue I've been having recently. 

I have on numerous occasions been sitting in bushes playing the support sniper role. I almost ALWAYS get spotted. Even from a distance. I also take fire from large tanks that I can't even see. Even after they fire. Look, I know a UDES or similar high camo tank can fire and still remain hidden but in my last game I was about 150 meters from a Emil 1. I hit him he disappeared I popped out and moved, he fired, hit me and still I never saw him. this never used to happen. Now it happens almost every game. I can't see many of the tanks that fire one me. I'm at 98% on Recon for my commander and hope that helps. Its a bit frustrating. Any comments or suggestions would be helpful.

Xenasys #2 Posted 28 October 2017 - 05:53 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 11302 battles

It would be easier with a replay but Skorpion is not a small target and if Emil spots you so do any teammates in firing range Recon will add a bit to your VR

Try and use your View Range (VR) and Snipe from a distance if you get a tang 150 meters away your not a support sniper but more like a Medium with your DPM and Alpha so fire and move

As i said a replay always helps

Am sure better qualified people can comment on this 

PattonLeather #3 Posted 28 October 2017 - 05:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10401 battles
  • [-MAUS] -MAUS
Thanks! I'm playing on a Mac with the Wrapper and the replays simply don't work.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #4 Posted 28 October 2017 - 07:00 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29219 battles
Are you firing while in the bush or are you pulling back 15m first and then firing through the bush? The first will get you spotted.

Isharial #5 Posted 28 October 2017 - 07:47 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19811 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

skorpion has terrible camo, its huge, and not very stealthy

an EMIL 1, for example, is far smaller, it might be a heavy, but if they are running a camo net, paint and full camo skill, it wouldn't be easy to spot them

would be impossible actually if they double bushed.. they may have spotted you before double bushing, they went unspotted but you didn't, you drove out, and boom! it gets you because it can still see you. you wont ever see it even if it fired if it was double bushing

cant tell without a replay though

"I hit him he disappeared I popped out and moved, he fired, hit me and still I never saw him" imo, it was running camo net and bino's, with a good crew behind it (we did get those female ones after all) and since you were moving with the Skorp's bad camo, it would have been a pretty easy spot for them

BravelyRanAway #6 Posted 28 October 2017 - 08:09 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22591 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostPattonLeather, on 28 October 2017 - 04:44 PM, said:

I have on numerous occasions been sitting in bushes playing the support sniper role.

Lots of players make that error....you shouldn't sit in a bush....you should be 15 meters behind it. Of course, that can be difficult for spotting enemy, so what I do is roll up behind a bush very slowly and just that moment when the bush becomes transparent...I stop.....then I let my bino's do the work and when I spot something...I pull back and then shoot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users