Jump to content


Defeat - MVP award

battle results losing team highest XP medal award bonus xp mutiplier

  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: Defeat - MVP award (40 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Should there be a Award / Medal for good battle result on losing team?

  1. yes (21 votes [52.50%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 52.50%

  2. no (19 votes [47.50%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 47.50%

Vote Hide poll

Blindfreddie #1 Posted 28 October 2017 - 08:04 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 15274 battles
  • 32
  • Member since:
    12-13-2012

Hello tankers,  

As the title says, awarded MVP -Most Valuable Player- on the losing team. This should spark interest in a lot players, who know that feeling, 'I just played my a?$e off that battle and still we lost'

 

My reason for this award is from playing and observing players during battles and battle results, which coincidentally mostly reflects the players effort during battle. Here is my diagnosis which is a General overview, remember here we are focused on the losing team.

a) We all would rather win, claim its recognition. When your stats are being scrutinized, how many wins are priority. Generally all players did their part for those wins, except for a small % that did not. (AFKer's, suicides, etc) There are awards, medals that are 'win the battle' specific, given to players who go that 'extra mile'. 

b) Loses, your stats are showing a unhealthy number of loses. Considering the current meta of game, current avg. skill of player base, those loses are going to be hard to reduce. Generally all players contribute to their loss and this not only applies to newer players. But there are those loses where a player or players efforts stand above the rest of the losing team. Probably with a little more luck could have turned the loss into a carry for a win. Now these players need recognition, saving grace to their Service Record, a counter for those loss statistics.

It's time that gallantry effort is not gone unnoticed and there is recognition of this in your Service Record.

 

Now the idea of MVP award has been brought up in the past, and suggestions have been to award MVP via team vote. Noono no, too complicated, too unreliable.

Solution is at End of Battle Results, WG will (fingers crossed) automatically slap that MVP award on you if you meet 3 criteria-

1, your Team Lost

2. have the most experience awarded on your team or be the preceding player/s (enough experience to meet criteria 3.) 

3. your experience is 66% (subject to change?) or more of the winning teams highest experience earned player.



redgismo #2 Posted 28 October 2017 - 08:12 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 31412 battles
  • 68
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011
I think getting top gun or high calibre is enough, that gives you the bonus even on a loss

Aikl #3 Posted 28 October 2017 - 08:14 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25547 battles
  • 4,349
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

If we disregard that WoT in its current state might have other stuff to focus on, such an idea is nice - on paper.

 

In practice you'll get a bunch of [edited] that tries their best to be MVP rather than win a match. Experience from ranked battles will more than likely have made sure that WG won't implement it.



Blindfreddie #4 Posted 28 October 2017 - 08:36 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 15274 battles
  • 32
  • Member since:
    12-13-2012

View PostAikl, on 28 October 2017 - 07:14 PM, said:

If we disregard that WoT in its current state might have other stuff to focus on, such an idea is nice - on paper.

 

In practice you'll get a bunch of [edited] that tries their best to be MVP rather than win a match. Experience from ranked battles will more than likely have made sure that WG won't implement it.

 

You are saying players will try harder to be top of team battle results? OH my,, and what if they win because they do this? Really, it is what it is,,, a star they pin on you for all to see because you tried hard.

You will find this MVP will only be seen in random battles. Team battles play, well like a team.

 



Aikl #5 Posted 28 October 2017 - 08:43 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25547 battles
  • 4,349
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

View PostBlindfreddie, on 28 October 2017 - 07:36 PM, said:

 

You are saying players will try harder to be top of team battle results? OH my,, and what if they win because they do this? Really, it is what it is,,, a star they pin on you for all to see because you tried hard.

You will find this MVP will only be seen in random battles. Team battles play, well like a team.

 

 

Oh, a simple visual - sorry, thought this was another thread advocating that the best loser should get increased XP independent of the (arguably plenty) 'courageous resistance' award (you tend to get High Calibre anyway if you've done the most damage in a patch).

 

Well, on the other hand, there are tons of people playing ranked for - you guessed right - a fancy badge. No, that badge proves literally nothing for many players that have spent just about every available minute to grind RBs in artillery or <insert FOTM T10 here>.

 

Won't be that bad, then, I could appreciate a pat on the back sometimes (but since I'm literate I tend to see that from the post-battle results screen).



ExclamationMark #6 Posted 28 October 2017 - 08:43 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 16775 battles
  • 3,727
  • Member since:
    04-12-2013
Well, you're not really MVP if you lost, are you?

unhappy_bunny #7 Posted 28 October 2017 - 11:39 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 18142 battles
  • 2,678
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012
No, the award would be for MVLP. Most Valuable Losing Player. 

Pansenmann #8 Posted 29 October 2017 - 01:34 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 34106 battles
  • 12,616
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-17-2012
There is already not much to lose in this game apart from credits
So imo there is no further bonus needed for the losing team.

We can talk about that when there is more risk involved, like permanently losing crew or modules on a loss.

Enforcer1975 #9 Posted 29 October 2017 - 01:58 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 20760 battles
  • 10,862
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014
I suggest the player(s) who did more damage than the top damage dealer of the enemy team should get a bonus. At least it's an indication that they didn't actively contribute to a loss ( in most cases ).

250swb #10 Posted 29 October 2017 - 05:01 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 22631 battles
  • 5,059
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-23-2015
Lose the battle but get any of the Epic medals and you get recognition already. I can't see how an MVP would help, unless you want to try and justify LOSING even more. It strikes me as similar to a school sports day where every loser gets a ribbon for losing. Those kids never go on and amount to much because throughout life they expect a reward for LOSING.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #11 Posted 29 October 2017 - 07:07 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 29181 battles
  • 2,261
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015
This function is already implemented into the game with the "Courageous resistance" bonus so thanks OP but WG already beat you to it.

ZlatanArKung #12 Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:15 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 1529 battles
  • 5,112
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View PostExclamationMark, on 28 October 2017 - 08:43 PM, said:

Well, you're not really MVP if you lost, are you?

More of an MVL.

Most valuable loser .



Blindfreddie #13 Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:37 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 15274 battles
  • 32
  • Member since:
    12-13-2012

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 29 October 2017 - 06:07 AM, said:

This function is already implemented into the game with the "Courageous resistance" bonus so thanks OP but WG already beat you to it.

 

RECOGNITION, there is nothing in your Service Record that shows how many times you 'resisted courageously'

jack_timber #14 Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:30 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 33432 battles
  • 2,074
  • Member since:
    07-26-2014

View PostBlindfreddie, on 29 October 2017 - 07:37 AM, said:

 

RECOGNITION, there is nothing in your Service Record that shows how many times you 'resisted courageously'

I seem to RC every time I am bottom T8 in a T10 battle....



AliceUnchained #15 Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:06 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 38414 battles
  • 8,928
  • [322] 322
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 28 October 2017 - 11:39 PM, said:

No, the award would be for MVLP. Most Valuable Losing Player. 

 

LULP; Least Useless Losing Player.

lord_chipmonk #16 Posted 29 October 2017 - 04:13 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33952 battles
  • 10,251
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
  • Member since:
    12-23-2012

View PostBlindfreddie, on 29 October 2017 - 08:37 AM, said:

RECOGNITION, there is nothing in your Service Record that shows how many times you 'resisted courageously'

 

We already have a slew of medals though. Playing well tends to net one or more of them, so I am not sure what an "MVP" medal would add to things. 



NUKLEAR_SLUG #17 Posted 29 October 2017 - 04:27 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 29181 battles
  • 2,261
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

View PostBlindfreddie, on 29 October 2017 - 08:37 AM, said:

 

RECOGNITION, there is nothing in your Service Record that shows how many times you 'resisted courageously'

 

You want recognition for being the best loser?

Bennie182 #18 Posted 29 October 2017 - 06:42 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 53694 battles
  • 1,603
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
  • Member since:
    03-13-2012
I voted "yes", BUT I do not agree about what you suggest. Instead I would like to see more often that you get rewarded for "Courageous resistance", when you are the last standing and manage to still kill a few but not all, because you get outnumbered. I've had enough games in which I had to play against multiple enemies, while having played good during the whole battle, manage to damage/kill a part of them and still lose. I get the idea that I rarely get this "reward for courageous resistance", compared to how many times I did receive this in the past. Probably a part of WG's "decreasing income-program"...

Shivva #19 Posted 29 October 2017 - 06:45 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29799 battles
  • 1,958
  • [J_A_G] J_A_G
  • Member since:
    05-20-2012

View PostBlindfreddie, on 28 October 2017 - 07:04 PM, said:

Hello tankers,  

As the title says, awarded MVP -Most Valuable Player- on the losing team. This should spark interest in a lot players, who know that feeling, 'I just played my a?$e off that battle and still we lost'

 

My reason for this award is from playing and observing players during battles and battle results, which coincidentally mostly reflects the players effort during battle. Here is my diagnosis which is a General overview, remember here we are focused on the losing team.

a) We all would rather win, claim its recognition. When your stats are being scrutinized, how many wins are priority. Generally all players did their part for those wins, except for a small % that did not. (AFKer's, suicides, etc) There are awards, medals that are 'win the battle' specific, given to players who go that 'extra mile'. 

b) Loses, your stats are showing a unhealthy number of loses. Considering the current meta of game, current avg. skill of player base, those loses are going to be hard to reduce. Generally all players contribute to their loss and this not only applies to newer players. But there are those loses where a player or players efforts stand above the rest of the losing team. Probably with a little more luck could have turned the loss into a carry for a win. Now these players need recognition, saving grace to their Service Record, a counter for those loss statistics.

It's time that gallantry effort is not gone unnoticed and there is recognition of this in your Service Record.

 

Now the idea of MVP award has been brought up in the past, and suggestions have been to award MVP via team vote. Noono no, too complicated, too unreliable.

Solution is at End of Battle Results, WG will (fingers crossed) automatically slap that MVP award on you if you meet 3 criteria-

1, your Team Lost

2. have the most experience awarded on your team or be the preceding player/s (enough experience to meet criteria 3.) 

3. your experience is 66% (subject to change?) or more of the winning teams highest experience earned player.

 

sounds like yet another thinly veiled "I'm much better than my winrate says" ...

Bennie182 #20 Posted 29 October 2017 - 07:00 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 53694 battles
  • 1,603
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
  • Member since:
    03-13-2012

View PostShivva, on 29 October 2017 - 06:45 PM, said:

 

sounds like yet another thinly veiled "I'm much better than my winrate says" ...

you have no constructive feedback? awesome.. gj spammer






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users