Premium Tanks that are Worth the Monetary Dispensation

Noob Vehicles OP Guaranteed

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

CircleOfSorrow #1 Posted 28 October 2017 - 10:10 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29236 battles

I bought the WZ-120-1G FT and I enjoy using the tank a lot.  So much so, I slapped a female crew into it and didn't even bother starting the actual tree grind until after the fact.  I play this game only as much as I find completely pleasant, and I don't mind spending a bit of money on it, but I have quite a few premium vehicles in my garage that I wouldn't consider "comfortable" for a noob like me to play.  

I want to know what premium vehicles you would suggest I get in the Xmas sales this year, so all vehicles can be recommended.  I intend on getting a Defender to replace my IS6 and Churchill III as crew trainers, but you can leave a comment on that vehicle if you have an opinion either way.  I traditionally bought premium tanks to help grind along the regular lines, but that is no longer a consideration.  I want to get premium vehicles that are fun to play, rain credits, and are noob-friendly.  

TLDR Which Premium Tanks do you currently consider the best value for money and why?  

Timmber #2 Posted 28 October 2017 - 10:23 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23593 battles
  • [FREEP] FREEP

Panther M10: cheap, fun , profitable

shortfuse1418 #3 Posted 28 October 2017 - 10:33 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25791 battles
  • [BYOB] BYOB

Dicker Max, a good powerful gun and awesome view range. You can rack up

serious damage scores and give Tier 8 heavies a solid smack to boot. There are issues with mobility and it is a glass cannon but I am very fond of it.

Balc0ra #4 Posted 28 October 2017 - 11:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66636 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Don't get your hopes to much up for the Defender. They said it will not be sold again... But I'm sure it will appear next X-mas, but not this one "It's WG after all". I would rather go for the KV-220 if it appears in the calendar. Lower pen, but everyone goes for the KV-3 hull, so you can farm some easy crew XP with it, more so then the IS-6 anyway.

Panther M10 is good now, went from turd to great over night. Grostraktor might be worth a looker to if it appears in the calendar. As it has +1 MM now. Basically a more aggressive BT-7A in terms of gun, but on a larger profile. T28E F30, it did not appear last year, but if it comes again this year, def worth a looker. Tier 4 med with a KV-1 gun. Great crew trainer, and dirt cheap.

Edited by Balc0ra, 28 October 2017 - 11:26 PM.

lord_chipmonk #5 Posted 28 October 2017 - 11:52 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34108 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

Scorpion is pretty good and doesn't require too much effort. I would also recommend the Lowe. Lovely gun depression, useable armour (especially on turret) and a reasonable gun. Now it is a pretty decent all round package IMO. 

Shout out for the AT15A too. It is everything that line is supposed to be. 

Griesgram_der_Grobe #6 Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:13 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 17795 battles
  • [HCD] HCD

stay away from anything german...

I´m dead serious!

no M10, no Löwe, no Dicker Max not even the dreaded SKorpion (with K, the one containing a C is even worse I´ve heard)...certainly no Grosstraktor, no Schmalturm and whatnots...

they all suck while rendering some silver...

hyou whant mohney, comrade...bwuy russian stronk tenk!

CircleOfSorrow #7 Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:23 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 29236 battles

View PostTimmber, on 28 October 2017 - 09:23 PM, said:

Panther M10: cheap, fun , profitable

View PostBalc0ra, on 28 October 2017 - 10:17 PM, said:

Don't get your hopes to much up for the Defender. They said it will not be sold again... But I'm sure it will appear next X-mas, but not this one "It's WG after all". I would rather go for the KV-220 if it appears in the calendar. Lower pen, but everyone goes for the KV-3 hull, so you can farm some easy crew XP with it, more so then the IS-6 anyway.

Panther M10 is good now, went from turd to great over night. Grostraktor might be worth a looker to if it appears in the calendar. As it has +1 MM now. Basically a more aggressive BT-7A in terms of gun, but on a larger profile. T28E F30, it did not appear last year, but if it comes again this year, def worth a looker. Tier 4 med with a KV-1 gun. Great crew trainer, and dirt cheap.

A shame about the Defender, but good for the game I guess.  What buff/s did the M10 get to earn a recommendation?  I'm stalled at the Panther II for ages now, so it could be useful.

I will seriously consider the 220.  Is the KV5 worth a look?

View Postshortfuse1418, on 28 October 2017 - 09:33 PM, said:

Dicker Max, a good powerful gun and awesome view range. You can rack up

serious damage scores and give Tier 8 heavies a solid smack to boot. There are issues with mobility and it is a glass cannon but I am very fond of it.

I have the dicker max and I agree.  It really is a fantastic tank that can be very difficult to dig out.

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 28 October 2017 - 10:52 PM, said:

Scorpion is pretty good and doesn't require too much effort. I would also recommend the Lowe. Lovely gun depression, useable armour (especially on turret) and a reasonable gun. Now it is a pretty decent all round package IMO. 

Shout out for the AT15A too. It is everything that line is supposed to be. 

Very good suggestions, but are you being sarcastic about the AT15a?  I have the tank and find it to be incredibly situational, like it's siblings, and also incredibly team dependant for results.  Methinks my Lord doth recommend this vehicle too strongly.

Thanks lads!

Balc0ra #8 Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:25 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66636 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostGriesgram_der_Grobe, on 29 October 2017 - 12:13 AM, said:

no M10, no Löwe, no Dicker Max not even the dreaded SKorpion (with K, the one containing a C is even worse I´ve heard)...certainly no Grosstraktor, no Schmalturm and whatnots...

M10 is arguably the best tier 7 prem in the tech tree now if you ask most here after the buffs. Gun handling on it is fantastic now. Lowe is still one of the more consistent tier 8 premiums, and even more so after the recent buffs. Grosstraktror is just for giggles and crew training. Not if you want to go "pro" on tier III. And for the price of a soda and a bag of chips. it was worth it. Just like the T 15 is, cheap fun.

Pz IV S I can agree on, that is garbage and something I suspect won't be buffed ever. Dicker Max I got for free when it was a mission reward. Only thing I used it for was the TD mission to do 5x your own HP in damage. Not used it since, as it's not even "meh" IMO. Same with the T 25. I hate the gun handling on it.

Then ofc there is the E25.

View PostCircleOfSorrow, on 29 October 2017 - 12:23 AM, said:

A shame about the Defender, but good for the game I guess.  What buff/s did the M10 get to earn a recommendation?  I'm stalled at the Panther II for ages now, so it could be useful.

I will seriously consider the 220.  Is the KV5 worth a look?

Very good suggestions, but are you being sarcastic about the AT15a?  I have the tank and find it to be incredibly situational, like it's siblings, and also incredibly team dependant for results.  Methinks my Lord doth recommend this vehicle too strongly.

Thanks lads!

M10 got some soft stats buffs on the gun. Snaps like a king and the aim time and DPM got better. KV-5 is not worth it in the current MM. The gun has 168 pen, and 217 gold pen. Not ideal when your average tier 8 HT these days has 220 lower plate and cupola armor.

And the AT-15A is good fun after they buffed the armor and gave it +1 MM. Tho one of the most crew dependable tier 7 prems around if you ask me.

Edited by Balc0ra, 29 October 2017 - 12:27 AM.

lord_chipmonk #9 Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:27 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34108 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostCircleOfSorrow, on 29 October 2017 - 12:23 AM, said:

Nope, not being sarcastic at all. It isn't for everyone, sure, but it is a fairly decent tank now after the buffs in my experience. 

Long_Range_Sniper #10 Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:38 AM

General

• Player
  • 33014 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

With tier 8 MM the way it is you need to work a little harder to make your premium tanks profitable. I'd keep an eye out for the credit boosters if WG sell them again, as picking up 20 of them are well worth the cost in credits you make. After that in terms of tanks the only tier 8 premium tanks I'd go for if I didn't own them are the Defender (which may go on sale again), the Patriot (because it is flexible) and the Lorraine 40 because it's the only autoloader and you don't need to do much more than unload one good clip to make some cash. If you're half decent at the game you can make more. I've not bought a tier 8 premium since the Defender and until WG convince me that tier 8 isn't a filler to keep tier 9/10 game going I won't be buying any more.

For tier 7, the Panther M10 has already been mentioned and it's a great buy. If they ever sell it again I'd not pass on the 13 57 GF, but I doubt it will be sold. I use mine now with credit boosters and it literally prints credits at tier 7.

Griesgram_der_Grobe #11 Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:38 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 17795 battles
  • [HCD] HCD

M10 is a small 8.8 Panther...I hate it uhh them...I hate them!

kk, I only played it for one game since the buff...which I did not notice...it´s too bulky a machine, to slow, to sluggish

then again...I cannot E25 either however

maybe I expect too much of myself and the tank...I´m not happy anymore with mediocre games...but not happy with good games either...they just level it out a bit and I´m still p´ed

typical german, I guess :angry::trollface:

if it´s just raw money, I tend to just have a go at T2-4 premiums, some T5 too

Edited by Griesgram_der_Grobe, 29 October 2017 - 12:39 AM.

CircleOfSorrow #12 Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:51 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 29236 battles

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 28 October 2017 - 11:38 PM, said:

With tier 8 MM the way it is you need to work a little harder to make your premium tanks profitable. I'd keep an eye out for the credit boosters if WG sell them again, as picking up 20 of them are well worth the cost in credits you make. After that in terms of tanks the only tier 8 premium tanks I'd go for if I didn't own them are the Defender (which may go on sale again), the Patriot (because it is flexible) and the Lorraine 40 because it's the only autoloader and you don't need to do much more than unload one good clip to make some cash. If you're half decent at the game you can make more. I've not bought a tier 8 premium since the Defender and until WG convince me that tier 8 isn't a filler to keep tier 9/10 game going I won't be buying any more.

For tier 7, the Panther M10 has already been mentioned and it's a great buy. If they ever sell it again I'd not pass on the 13 57 GF, but I doubt it will be sold. I use mine now with credit boosters and it literally prints credits at tier 7.

I definitely want a defender, so fingers crossed.  I have a 13 57 and am still trying to learn how to use it effectively.  I always intend on biting the backs of targets of opportunity, but my method needs work.  The tip about the Lorraine seems solid, and I would try and play it the same way, hopefully with less map pinging and rude requests to go scout :)

Thanks bud!

Jumping_Turtle #13 Posted 29 October 2017 - 01:24 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 62441 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT
SU-76I

Makotti #14 Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:40 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 14336 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

- E25 if it comes, requires little different gameplay but when you get in to it you do wonders. Also very fun to play, need some APCR sometimes but not that lot.

- M41 90. Despised this thing when it had old LT MM but when it got normal T8 MM it's quite fun little bugger.

- T-34-3. Liked it before buffs, now even more. Not in competitive mindset but it's always fun to give 390 points of love with that boomstick.

ZlatanArKung #15 Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:03 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles
I would first ask myself if I want to support the game and its current direction before I even think about spending money on it.

If the answer to the first question is No. Then I wouldn't buy anything.

If answer is Yes then I would recommend.
T7: VK 45 02, Panther m/10 are 2 good picks.
Type 62 and Type 64 and 13 57 are also good if you like light tanks.

Only T8 tanks I can think of being of use with current MM is.
Strv S1 anf Skorpion G.

Lil_Dimitry #16 Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:09 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 2318 battles
Am i correct in assuming that peope who say "e25 is good" or "e25 is op" suffer from the QB effect?

5_InchFl0ppy #17 Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:21 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40720 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostLil_Dimitry, on 29 October 2017 - 09:09 AM, said:

Am i correct in assuming that peope who say "e25 is good" or "e25 is op" suffer from the QB effect?

The E25 was indirectly nerfed by terrible map design. It's not a bad tank though. I have never considered it OP, but some players do because of the ROF, camo and speed of the tank.

Makotti #18 Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:08 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 14336 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostLil_Dimitry, on 29 October 2017 - 10:09 AM, said:

Dunno others but I got ~60ish WR with that when my overall is little sub 50. So can’t say if it’s op or not but atleast suits for my playstyle.

Etre_ #19 Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:23 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52679 battles
  • [WEBOB] WEBOB
Stay away from M10. 

Strappster #20 Posted 29 October 2017 - 11:31 AM

General

• Player
  • 24915 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostLil_Dimitry, on 29 October 2017 - 08:09 AM, said:

It comes from a time before regular TDs were nerfed across the board, which means it retains more of its camo rating after firing. The Dicker Max and SU-122-44 enjoy the same advantage but they have large calibre guns so it's not as noticeable as their camo drops more. The E25's 75mm gun means that with a decent camo-trained crew, it can stay hidden and keep firing for a lot longer than other TDs. Add in mobility that would be good on a light tank, reload of 2.48s (vents & rammer), 0.29 base dispersion and an aim time of 1.44s (1.39s with vents) and you should see why some people think it's OP.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users