Noob Vehicles OP Guaranteed

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

G01ngToxicCommand0 #21 Posted 29 October 2017 - 11:36 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37465 battles

View PostCircleOfSorrow, on 28 October 2017 - 10:10 PM, said:

I bought the WZ-120-1G FT and I enjoy using the tank a lot.  So much so, I slapped a female crew into it and didn't even bother starting the actual tree grind until after the fact.  I play this game only as much as I find completely pleasant, and I don't mind spending a bit of money on it, but I have quite a few premium vehicles in my garage that I wouldn't consider "comfortable" for a noob like me to play.  

I want to know what premium vehicles you would suggest I get in the Xmas sales this year, so all vehicles can be recommended.  I intend on getting a Defender to replace my IS6 and Churchill III as crew trainers, but you can leave a comment on that vehicle if you have an opinion either way.  I traditionally bought premium tanks to help grind along the regular lines, but that is no longer a consideration.  I want to get premium vehicles that are fun to play, rain credits, and are noob-friendly.  

TLDR Which Premium Tanks do you currently consider the best value for money and why?  

Cromwell B most fun tank in the game with fast action packed game style.

Lil_Dimitry #22 Posted 29 October 2017 - 11:50 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 2318 battles

In fact the e25 has been gutted:

1. First by the "improved" physics that made every non turreted TD have to spend an extra 1-2 seconds to stabilize before the reticle starts to shrink

2. Corridor meta best meta, you are decent on 15-20% of the maps, in all others you're a non-turreted TD with no armour, low alpha which is terrible for trading, low pen on both standard and APCR and no ability to snapshot

3.Pref mm tanks have been destroyed by new mm

4. On top of all of the above it's been powercreeped into oblivion by new armoured heavies and really fast lights with autoloaders 

How can anyone say the tank is decent let alone OP is way beyond my understanding

Etre_ #23 Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52679 battles
  • [WEBOB] WEBOB
I wonder, is AT-15A worth getting to train a crew for british TDs ? 

Strappster #24 Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:19 PM

General

• Player
  • 24868 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostLil_Dimitry, on 29 October 2017 - 10:50 AM, said:

In fact the e25 has been gutted:

1. First by the "improved" physics that made every non turreted TD have to spend an extra 1-2 seconds to stabilize before the reticle starts to shrink

2. Corridor meta best meta, you are decent on 15-20% of the maps, in all others you're a non-turreted TD with no armour, low alpha which is terrible for trading, low pen on both standard and APCR and no ability to snapshot

3.Pref mm tanks have been destroyed by new mm

4. On top of all of the above it's been powercreeped into oblivion by new armoured heavies and really fast lights with autoloaders 

How can anyone say the tank is decent let alone OP is way beyond my understanding

What a pile of steaming bollocks. :rolleyes:

If you can't get an invisible tank to work the problem is with you, not it.

View PostEtre_, on 29 October 2017 - 11:07 AM, said:

Its only real redeeming feature is the armour but nearly everyone knows to shoot it in the cupola if you can't get around it. You won't trade very well because of the low alpha, you have to pick a direction at the start of a battle and if you go the wrong way or you have faster tanks on your team the chances are you'll arrive too late to contribute. It can be ok holding a corner if you can get the cupola behind it but that's so situational that it's hardly something you can rely on.

In short, I wouldn't bother.

Lil_Dimitry #25 Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:24 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 2318 battles

View PostStrappster, on 29 October 2017 - 01:19 PM, said:

What a pile of steaming bollocks. :rolleyes:

If you can't get an invisible tank to work the problem is with you, not it.

Its only real redeeming feature is the armour but nearly everyone knows to shoot it in the cupola if you can't get around it. You won't trade very well because of the low alpha, you have to pick a direction at the start of a battle and if you go the wrong way or you have faster tanks on your team the chances are you'll arrive too late to contribute. It can be ok holding a corner if you can get the cupola behind it but that's so situational that it's hardly something you can rely on.

In short, I wouldn't bother.

Well, I'm firmly convinced you would do way better than I would do in it. But my humble opinion is that a tank that has 100ish alpha, no turret, no armour, no ability to snapshot, low hp pool, abysmal pen and constantly meets tier 8s sucks massive donkey balls

Strappster #26 Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:45 PM

General

• Player
  • 24868 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostLil_Dimitry, on 29 October 2017 - 11:24 AM, said:

Well, I'm firmly convinced you would do way better than I would do in it. But my humble opinion is that a tank that has 100ish alpha, no turret, no armour, no ability to snapshot, low hp pool, abysmal pen and constantly meets tier 8s sucks massive donkey balls

It's funny because if you completely ignore the strengths of any tank, it can be claimed to look poor.

Lil_Dimitry #27 Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:54 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 2318 battles
 Well, you'd know better of course

Strappster #28 Posted 29 October 2017 - 01:11 PM

General

• Player
  • 24868 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostLil_Dimitry, on 29 October 2017 - 11:54 AM, said:

Well, you'd know better of course

Sure, let's ignore all positives in favour of the negatives, that's an effective way to analyse tank balance. The camo values of the Maus are rubbish so it must need a buff, right?

Lil_Dimitry #29 Posted 29 October 2017 - 01:26 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 2318 battles
Indeed, jpz has 1k avg dmg per shot, best tank in the game.

Strappster #30 Posted 29 October 2017 - 01:29 PM

General

• Player
  • 24868 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostLil_Dimitry, on 29 October 2017 - 12:26 PM, said:

Indeed, jpz has 1k avg dmg per shot, best tank in the game.

If you're evaluating by that metric the FV215b 183 or FV4005 Stage II are better. Have you even played this game?

CmdRatScabies #31 Posted 29 October 2017 - 01:34 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37626 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
Tier 8 MM is not good at the moment but I find myself playing mostly the T25 Pilot which was a free easy marathon tank.  Not sure if they will sell it but I find I prefer it to the Patriot at the moment.

Lil_Dimitry #32 Posted 29 October 2017 - 01:36 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 2318 battles
No just randomly saying that a tank is good because of a single stat and ignoring everything else just like you do, while calling other both valid and obvious points "steaming bollocks", sounds familiar?

TankkiPoju #33 Posted 29 October 2017 - 01:42 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20743 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

I would say none of tier 8 premiums are worth the money.

Yes, tanks like Skorpion G and T26E5 are good... but not worth the money with the terrible tier 10 games they are nearly every time.

Type 64 or T-34-85M are best value IMHO.

Strappster #34 Posted 29 October 2017 - 02:59 PM

General

• Player
  • 24868 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostLil_Dimitry, on 29 October 2017 - 12:36 PM, said:

No just randomly saying that a tank is good because of a single stat and ignoring everything else just like you do, while calling other both valid and obvious points "steaming bollocks", sounds familiar?

Opinions do not become facts simply because you say so. Sound familiar?

shane73tank #35 Posted 29 October 2017 - 03:32 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 28594 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

Any premium light tank is fun, black dog 1357f, t64, t62 - the Chinese line is great fun 

I have a bucket load of t8 premiums, I enjoy the patriot bealcause it is viable in cw. Ravioli for the lols when it works, pilot is well balanced but not for sale , I only got the is6 last summer , you do need to spam some he but I enjoy it , hopefully some day they buff the pen / make the awaited balance changes and then it will rock 

the m10 is fun and a great crew trainer 

lord_chipmonk #36 Posted 29 October 2017 - 04:08 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34079 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostEtre_, on 29 October 2017 - 12:07 PM, said:

Not really. The tank itself is now IMO pretty decent, the problem is that at least right now, the tank line that its crew matches best with (i.e. the line that ends in the FV215B 183) sucks. The other recently buffed line only needs 4 crew members, so you'd have to train another couple of crew.  

Lil_Dimitry #37 Posted 29 October 2017 - 04:30 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 2318 battles

View PostStrappster, on 29 October 2017 - 03:59 PM, said:

Opinions do not become facts simply because you say so. Sound familiar?

I've provided a detailed explanation as to why e25 is in a very sorry state at the moment while you just claimed that the info I provided is "bollocks" and also claiming that i don't know how to play the tank (implying you know better).

Wrong on both accounts, in the future you should restrain yourself from commenting on matters you don't comprehend. I have no problem with you saying that you enjoy your e25, it's completely in your right to do so, but as the OP stated he wants to spend some money and get a decent tank, something that the e25 isn't, you claiming that it is because it has camo just proves how very little you understand both the e25 and world of tanks as a whole

ExclamationMark #38 Posted 29 October 2017 - 04:45 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16775 battles

Defender - best SH credit grinder, my ammo loadout is 18/2/10, rarely if ever fire gold unless it's a really tense game and I need to ensure I pen next shot. Haven't played it in randoms pretty much since the week it came out, just a very boring and brainless tank, only play it for credits.

Skorp - probably the best T8 tank for randoms now imo... even tho I don't really play T8 randoms. There is rarely a matchup that I feel useless in. Gun is annoying as hell, to the point where sniping in an IS3 would be more effective. When it works, it is fantastic, though in my experience that is rare.

STRV S1 - best credit grinder for randoms. I'm a massive skillammo spammer, though in tanks like this (i.e. ones with APCR as default and as prem) I rarely if ever fire gold. Since the pen difference rarely makes a difference, especially with the orgasmic gun handling and reliability (something the Skorp could only dream of), I just never felt the need to press 2-2.

Edited by ExclamationMark, 29 October 2017 - 04:46 PM.

Strappster #39 Posted 29 October 2017 - 05:05 PM

General

• Player
  • 24868 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostLil_Dimitry, on 29 October 2017 - 03:30 PM, said:

I've provided a detailed explanation as to why e25 is in a very sorry state at the moment while you just claimed that the info I provided is "bollocks" and also claiming that i don't know how to play the tank (implying you know better).

Wrong on both accounts, in the future you should restrain yourself from commenting on matters you don't comprehend. I have no problem with you saying that you enjoy your e25, it's completely in your right to do so, but as the OP stated he wants to spend some money and get a decent tank, something that the e25 isn't, you claiming that it is because it has camo just proves how very little you understand both the e25 and world of tanks as a whole

You provided a detailed explanation of your opinions. I provided plain facts about the tank without hyperbole or personal bias. It's nothing to do with my lack of understanding of the game that you're unable to consider the subject objectively. You can stamp your little feet and shout that it's because I'm lacking in knowledge of the game compared to you but that hardly makes a compelling argument.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users