Were you aware of the Campaign Mode shutdown whilst playing?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Poll: Aware of the Campaign Shut down or not? (83 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Last Week the Campaign Mode was shut down and remains offline. Were you aware of this and did you read any news items or in game messages to tell you this?

1. Yes I saw a News message and was well aware that campaign mode was offline (25 votes [30.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.12%

2. Yes I saw an in game message pop up during gameplay. (2 votes [2.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.41%

3. I saw neither a news item nor an ingame message and carried on playing to get campaign results. (56 votes [67.47%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 67.47%

Did you notice the Campaign Mode tab in game was greyed out whilst playing i.e. whilst in the garage between matches?

1. Yes it was obvious (48 votes [57.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 57.83%

2. Nope... I had no idea and the greyed out tab was not at all obvious (35 votes [42.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.17%

Vote Hide poll

Porcupine__Tree #1 Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:03 AM

Private

• Player
  • 22395 battles
  • [-VVF-] -VVF-

Probably there's a lot of players out there like me, that achieved some long awaited for Campaign results, but found out at the end of the game that they were not credited due to the Campaign mode being off line due to an as yet undisclosed problem. I'm guessing the event code broke it.

You may like me, have raised a ticket and probably was not surprised that they won't credit your result and didn't give you any reason.

My view is that they made little or no effort to inform the players BEFORE they entered the game that this was the case.

The poll below will allow us to take a look at how others either found out or indeed didn't know at all. In game general chat is full of why is the campaign offline questions and has been for days.

Edited by Porcupine__Tree, 29 October 2017 - 10:03 AM.

Strappster #2 Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:36 AM

General

• Player
  • 23695 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

No option for working out the missions were inactive by looking at the client and subsequently checking the forum and reading this thread. I agree that the situation should have been communicated more effectively but creating a biased poll only makes you look petty.

And I discovered it by trying to check my mission requirements by pressing TAB in battle and seeing that there was no active mission, which also isn't in your poll.

MkH #3 Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:42 AM

Major

• Player
  • 37672 battles
  • [NOOSE] NOOSE
I discovered it upon fulfilling the requirements of a mission I had been trying to get for a while, and still not getting it. I also noticed this happening days earlier when the missions still were active, so perhaps that's something they are working to repair.

Porcupine__Tree #4 Posted 29 October 2017 - 03:02 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22395 battles
  • [-VVF-] -VVF-

View PostStrappster, on 29 October 2017 - 10:36 AM, said:

No option for working out the missions were inactive by looking at the client and subsequently checking the forum and reading this thread. I agree that the situation should have been communicated more effectively but creating a biased poll only makes you look petty.

And I discovered it by trying to check my mission requirements by pressing TAB in battle and seeing that there was no active mission, which also isn't in your poll.

How is the poll biased???

Strappster #5 Posted 29 October 2017 - 03:15 PM

General

• Player
  • 23695 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostPorcupine__Tree, on 29 October 2017 - 02:02 PM, said:

How is the poll biased???

Sorry that my earlier post was so cryptic.

First question, you have two options which you know aren't valid and one which says you continued attempting to complete your mission(s). As I said previously, I didn't do that - I noticed that the mission wasn't active in the client and went looking for an answer.

I understand that you're peeved because WG failed to give us a up-front notification of the issue but the question is worded such that I can only complete the poll if I'm as peeved as you are about it and went through the same steps to discovering there was a problem. I'm not and I didn't, hence your bias is showing in the poll.

Uebergewicht #6 Posted 29 October 2017 - 03:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11702 battles
  • [ATD] ATD

View PostStrappster, on 29 October 2017 - 03:15 PM, said:

First question, you have two options which you know aren't valid and one which says you continued attempting to complete your mission(s). As I said previously, I didn't do that - I noticed that the mission wasn't active in the client and went looking for an answer.

Same here. I saw no news or pop-up, but realized the campaign was broken due to the tab being greyed out. I still managed to complete at least two missions for the T-55A - not overly hard ones, but still I am quite disappointed I wont get credit for that just because WG broke their own game for several days.

Porcupine__Tree #7 Posted 29 October 2017 - 03:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22395 battles
  • [-VVF-] -VVF-

View PostStrappster, on 29 October 2017 - 03:15 PM, said:

Sorry that my earlier post was so cryptic.

I understand that you're peeved because WG failed to give us a up-front notification of the issue but the question is worded such that I can only complete the poll if I'm as peeved as you are about it and went through the same steps to discovering there was a problem. I'm not and I didn't, hence your bias is showing in the poll.

Your response wasn't cryptic,my question related to this: did you SPECIFICALLY play on to complete missions rather than just play... I logged on to improve my final LT result in the T28 mission and managed to get the right tank on the right map and at the right tier spread to get a great result.... This would have released the 4 tokens i used to bypass what i found to be nearly impossible unless i could choose the map and tier over an over. So yes I'm peeved and that's the polite description of how i feel.

The questions are completely valid

Strappster #8 Posted 29 October 2017 - 04:58 PM

General

• Player
  • 23695 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostPorcupine__Tree, on 29 October 2017 - 02:56 PM, said:

Your response wasn't cryptic,my question related to this: did you SPECIFICALLY play on to complete missions rather than just play... I logged on to improve my final LT result in the T28 mission and managed to get the right tank on the right map and at the right tier spread to get a great result.... This would have released the 4 tokens i used to bypass what i found to be nearly impossible unless i could choose the map and tier over an over. So yes I'm peeved and that's the polite description of how i feel.

The questions are completely valid

YES, I did and was PLEASED to get Prok in my LTG and had racked up 3.5k assist damage BEFORE I tried to check the mission conditions and saw that it WASN'T active.

Your bias is obvious and you can't or don't want to accept that someone else may not feel as strongly as you about it.

Porcupine__Tree #9 Posted 29 October 2017 - 06:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22395 battles
  • [-VVF-] -VVF-

View PostStrappster, on 29 October 2017 - 04:58 PM, said:

YES, I did and was PLEASED to get Prok in my LTG and had racked up 3.5k assist damage BEFORE I tried to check the mission conditions and saw that it WASN'T active.

Your bias is obvious and you can't or don't want to accept that someone else may not feel as strongly as you about it.

Not me that's on a high horse. You appear to be obsessed with your point of view over that of others...may i suggest you move on since you have nothing more to say. 

I'll leave you with this;There is no bias in canvassing opinion with questions. There however bias attributable to those that are not willing to accept the views expressed by others who feel differently to a situation. I've not questioned your attitude or motivation until now. If that's too cynical for you or potentially too cryptic, I'll get my 10 yr old to explain to you.

Edited by Porcupine__Tree, 29 October 2017 - 06:22 PM.

Griesgram_der_Grobe #10 Posted 29 October 2017 - 06:31 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 16930 battles
  • [HCD] HCD
actually, I learned all that in the forums after playing for an hour or two...not that I was going for missions, but many like me are just playing along hoping something will finish eventually...

JocMeister #11 Posted 29 October 2017 - 06:39 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21731 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
Saw it on the forum. Otherwise I would probably have missed it. 

Strappster #12 Posted 29 October 2017 - 06:45 PM

General

• Player
  • 23695 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostPorcupine__Tree, on 29 October 2017 - 05:21 PM, said:

Not me that's on a high horse. You appear to be obsessed with your point of view over that of others...may i suggest you move on since you have nothing more to say. 

I'll leave you with this;There is no bias in canvassing opinion with questions. There however bias attributable to those that are not willing to accept the views expressed by others who feel differently to a situation. I've not questioned your attitude or motivation until now. If that's too cynical for you or potentially too cryptic, I'll get my 10 yr old to explain to you.

All I did was point out that your poll is biased. The language used in the questions reflects the results you want to see, which makes it a worthless poll of opinion. I'm not on a high horse about it - you asked me to clarify and I did. The fact that you don't like that clarification is not my concern. Maybe you should ask your 10-year old to explain a few things about confirmation bias to you.

Bennie182 #13 Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 51413 battles
I just noticed it's back up again! :D

Balc0ra #14 Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:38 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64272 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostBennie182, on 29 October 2017 - 08:31 PM, said:

I just noticed it's back up again! :D

Not for me. It's been going up and down for some since it went down. I suspect it's a server communication glitch or something.

I only found out about it after I did notice it was greyed out. No warning about it via the notification center, like they do when they actually plan server downtime. No info on the portal, and that's the one spot there should be info. On their FB, Twitter or anything. I do check the announcement section when something is wrong. But it's far down on the list most go down to find info when something is down. It's not even there for most tbh. So only posting it on the source the least amount of people check, vs the one the most check, is not ideal.

Bennie182 #15 Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 51413 battles
awesome... and down again..

Aikl #16 Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:56 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

I did, but that's because WG EU has already set the standard for 'player information', thus I check the forum for news and updates on how the servers are doing.

Yes, I'm serious.

Turtle_Team #17 Posted 30 October 2017 - 02:42 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 27453 battles
  • [GUP] GUP
Just finished MT15 for the obj, last mission needed and been trying for about half a year and I get to the results screen expecting to get my female crewman and the mission complete screen but nothing. . . Arrrghhhhh

ZlatanArKung #18 Posted 30 October 2017 - 08:27 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles
Only realised it due to the forum.

Then I tried to see if WG had said something about it on their website.

But of course they hadn't

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users