Idea to improve MoE

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

RamRaid90 #1 Posted 29 October 2017 - 11:11 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 19683 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Since trying to 3 mark the T34-85 i've been wondering about ways in which the system could be improved, to make it more beneficial to play consistantly well in a tank, rather than pad to a mark and forget about it.

My idea proposes to Introduce a successively increasing reward for each mark obtained as follows:

• One mark (65%) - Reward: Increased crew training XP by 15% and Increased base XP earned by 5%
  • Two marks (85%) - Reward: Increased crew training XP by 25% and Increased base XP earned by 7.5%
  • Three marks (95%) - Reward: Increased crew training xp by 50% and Increased base XP earned by 10%

These rewards will be active only while the marked percentage remains above the threshold for that particular mark (i.e a drop to 84% will lower you to first mark reward) but the mark obtained will remain as it does now.

These rewards will be applied to any crew placed into the vehicle in which the marks are obtained.

Lil_Dimitry #2 Posted 29 October 2017 - 11:44 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 2318 battles
While I would benefit a lot from this I firmly believe it will further increase the gap between good players and bad ones which is honestly not what wot needs, quite the opposite actually

Uebergewicht #3 Posted 29 October 2017 - 11:55 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11702 battles
  • [ATD] ATD

View PostLil_Dimitry, on 29 October 2017 - 11:44 AM, said:

I firmly believe it will further increase the gap between good players and bad ones which is honestly not what wot needs, quite the opposite actually

Yeah, pretty much. That falls into the same category as improved equipment for bonds.

Jumping_Turtle #4 Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:01 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 58577 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT
They once said, about two years ago I guess, that they were thinking about some kind of reward when achieving moe's (simular what you are proposing now). Guess that idea was shelved for some reason.

RamRaid90 #5 Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:05 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 19683 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostLil_Dimitry, on 29 October 2017 - 10:44 AM, said:

While I would benefit a lot from this I firmly believe it will further increase the gap between good players and bad ones which is honestly not what wot needs, quite the opposite actually

It has no such effect.

It does not make a tank better, nor does it make the player better.

HundeWurst #6 Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:07 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 67549 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

Well however the reward might look like but it would be nice to get something besides the marks on the barrle. That is true.

However I am not sure about the EXP rewards. They seem a bit odd. Whatever else reward? I dont know. Remove the costs to remove any equipment or something like that.

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 29 October 2017 - 12:01 PM, said:

They once said, about two years ago I guess, that they were thinking about some kind of reward when achieving moe's (simular what you are proposing now). Guess that idea was shelved for some reason.

I wonder what that might be. Might it be that they would lose revenue over this? And if one thing is certain. We cannot have that.

Edited by WunderWurst, 29 October 2017 - 12:10 PM.

lord_chipmonk #7 Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:08 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32183 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostRamRaid90, on 29 October 2017 - 12:05 PM, said:

It has no such effect.

In what way does generating more crew xp not make the tank better? 

Lil_Dimitry #8 Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:08 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 2318 battles

View PostRamRaid90, on 29 October 2017 - 01:05 PM, said:

It has no such effect.

really now?

RamRaid90 #9 Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:13 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 19683 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 29 October 2017 - 11:08 AM, said:

In what way does generating more crew xp not make the tank better? 

Barely, the difference for the majority of skills is negligable, and will be no worse than it currently is as better players will already have far better crews than tomatoes.

That is always going to be the case.

Why should those who consistantly play better not be rewarded more than those who genuinely have zero effect on any battle?

This culture of "pandering to the masses of tomatos" has got to stop.

Edited by RamRaid90, 29 October 2017 - 12:13 PM.

Jumping_Turtle #10 Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:20 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 58577 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostRamRaid90, on 29 October 2017 - 12:13 PM, said:

Why should those who consistantly play better not be rewarded more than those who genuinely have zero effect on any battle?

You get more, xp, more credits, more bonds, more stripes/stars/hammers on your barrel, more reward tanks, more arty focus ... you get a lot from being better ... and it is all for free ....

Lil_Dimitry #11 Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:21 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 2318 battles
That's where you're wrong, a 3 skill crew is considerably better than a 1 skill crew, it makes the tank perform WAY BETTER, especially if it's a tank that has mediocre gun handling and will benefit a lot by running food and having gunhandling skills.

japtank #12 Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27611 battles

View PostWunderWurst, on 29 October 2017 - 12:07 PM, said:

Well however the reward might look like but it would be nice to get something besides the marks on the barrle.

Why?

WG comes up with pretty much the best idea they had in years and it's still not enough?

Being efficient should yield vanity items, which MoE does, and nothing else.

That's why bonds are a terrible idea, why the 907 is a terrible idea, as are terrible ideas everything that skews the balance even further in favor of the haves and leave the have-nots in the cold.

Playing better yields more credits, which in turn yields more premium ammo and premium food, more XPs and thus better crews, all of which when summed up is already a hefty advantage.

I like watching many streamers but seeing 6 skills crews, full premium ammo loadout and premium food is as close as sealclubbing as it can get already.

So enough of 'combat advantages' pretty please.

What they can do, and they have already begun, it to add marks in front of players' names.

So those who need attention are happy.

They can add more camos, pretty much nothing has been done in this regard.

They can be very creative with cool stuff without breaking the balance even more.

brumbarr #13 Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:32 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Wunderwurst might actually hav ea good idea:

1 mark: remove 1 equipment for free

2 marks: remove 3 equipments for free

3 marks: train your crew to the next tank in line to 100% for free.

Basicly when you mastered a tank, you finished  it you can move on for less cost. Not P2W, and doesnt give good players too much of an advantage.

HundeWurst #14 Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:33 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 67549 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View Postjaptank, on 29 October 2017 - 12:28 PM, said:

Why?

WG comes up with pretty much the best idea they had in years and it's still not enough?

That's why bonds are a terrible idea, why the 907 is a terrible idea, as are terrible ideas everything that skews the balance even further in favor of the haves and leave the have-nots in the cold.

Playing better yields more credits, which in turn yields more premium ammo and premium food, more XPs and thus better crews, all of which when summed up is already a hefty advantage.

I like watching many streamers but seeing 6 skills crews, full premium ammo loadout and premium food is as close as sealclubbing as it can get already.

What they can do, and they have already begun, it to add marks in front of players' names.

They can be very creative with cool stuff without breaking the balance even more.

As I said. I dont want any ingame advantages, I agree thats just stupid.

But as I said a small addition would be nice. I am not asking for anything special but I would already be super happy if they would allow to remove equipment for free.

Lil_Dimitry #15 Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:33 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 2318 battles

View Postjaptank, on 29 October 2017 - 01:28 PM, said:

Why?

No one said you should get rewards that further increase the gap between the players. The fact that you get more xp and credits is laughable, there is no incentive to get better in this game, in fact people are more toxic in general towards good players (xvm focus, flaming, reporting etc).

Some free camo would be nice, some gold, something meaningful.

japtank #16 Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27611 battles

View PostWunderWurst, on 29 October 2017 - 12:33 PM, said:

As I said. I dont want any ingame advantages, I agree thats just stupid.

But as I said a small addition would be nice. I am not asking for anything special but I would already be super happy if they would allow to remove equipment for free.

Agreed mate, but you're just asking for gold here.

Lil_Dimitry #17 Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:37 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 2318 battles
What's wrong with getting gold?

HundeWurst #18 Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:42 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 67549 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View Postjaptank, on 29 October 2017 - 12:36 PM, said:

Agreed mate, but you're just asking for gold here.

Its not like I even care for that gold. Its just some "funny" idea. And ofc you are right. WG will never hand out "free gold".

fwhaatpiraat #19 Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:43 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 44139 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 29 October 2017 - 12:20 PM, said:

You get more, xp, more credits, more bonds, more stripes/stars/hammers on your barrel, more reward tanks, more arty focus ... you get a lot from being better ... and it is all for free ....

Agree with this one, although the benefits are not that notable.

Baddies have lower shell costs probably (the don't do much damage, die early), but die more often giving more costs again. Good players also win more, which gives the victory bonus more often.

Furthermore, good players get the shiny medals more often :)

Jumping_Turtle #20 Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:46 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 58577 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostLil_Dimitry, on 29 October 2017 - 12:37 PM, said:

What's wrong with getting gold?

You would be terrible at running a company

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users