• Please log in to reply
6908 replies to this topic

vamproy #6901 Posted 19 October 2018 - 05:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30669 battles
  • [OSKAR] OSKAR

View PostCheezix, on 19 October 2018 - 03:20 PM, said:

Let them wait for 5 or 10 minutes before they get into a game. They are used to waiting for the reload and can do tons of other things in the meantime. Arty players have said they watch movies, read articles and eat pizza in between while clicking on enemy tanks, so for them waiting is just part of their daily routine.

Those so called "arty players" are just casual players.. Like with every casual game, they don't really care that much about it.

Now when an arty player like me is in reload..

I check the minimap twice as much as much as when I'm not in reload, just to know exactly where everyone is, so I can plan my next 2 - 5 shots in advance.. and when I'm not in reload, I check the minimap 3 times as much as when I'm in a regular tank.

Also, I scroll over the entire map to check my teams and my enemies hp pools, to consider who to support and or who to kill 1st.

I check for fallen or falling trees on arty and td spots and I tell my team where I have seen them falling.

I check for broken walls, fences, houses etc. that are not supposed to be broken to find out if someone might be flanking my team, or if I am lucky I will see these being broken at the moment I look at them, which means there is an enemy driving there and I quickly pre-aim and sometimes even fire a "blind" shot there, when I have reloaded.

Also I suggest my team to push a certain path, when I have seen no broken stuff and I am fairly certain there are no enemies there or a max of 1 or 2.

I also tell/suggest other players (mostly meds) to help an other player or players when they migh have flipped their tank, or are about to get surrounded by enemies.

I let my team know where I am going to shoot next and I let them know every 10 seconds at least what my reload is.

All of this.. I do when I am in my 26 - 70 second reload depening on which arty I am playing.. 

Half of this I am also doing when I am loaded.

Besides this.. I never shoot at enemy tanks when a team member is standing next to it and I could damage them, unless I am 100% sure it would be helpfull, and then I try to shoot in a way that I would probably only stun my team member.

But yeah, playing arty sometimes gives me 2 - 4 minutes waiting time, just to get in a game and before the match has started have been insulted by 4 different people,calling me a "clicker" when in fact I click less per battle than any other class in game, or calling me names of disseases of which I have lost both my parents, 3 grandparents, a few cousins, aunts and uncles and a few friends.

When this happens, I tell them that I will not support them because of how they act.. then when they need support.. I still support them, because I am a team player no matter what.. help them survive.. and get called names again by them because it took too long for me to help them.

Sometimes I even get shot by them after I saved them.. heck.. sometimes I even get shot within the first 5 seconds the battle has started.

But mostly the thing that happens is.. people spam clicking the minimap on my position and calling me names, because I have not fired at an enemy that they have spotted for 5 seconds and has dissapeared again.. when you have just made me look at the minimap, make me wonder if I have missed something, and keep me from doing the things above.

Sure.. I will leave the team member that actually needs my support to die, turn my vehicle and start aiming at your spot, wait for 8 - 14 seconds until I am fully aimed, then fire a shell, which takes about 4 - 6 seconds to arrive at your spot, then not be sure if I hit the guy or not, because you have allready left and are not willing to spot them anymore.. that is 15 - 35 seconds wasted at least and then I also have to reload again.

I am a damn good arty player and I know it, and I have fun playing it, despite of all the hate comments, discrimination or sometimes even (death) threats I get from someone that has played 50 battles in an arty and knows exactly how to play it and how op it is according to them.

WojtekTheBear #6902 Posted Yesterday, 12:52 AM

Private

• Player
  • 26777 battles
They (Wargaming) said that arty is the most hated aspect of the game and so they are not introducing new arties into the game. I hope this means they are looking for ways of finally removing arty from the game. I think at this point it's only the fear of loosing a certain portion of player base that prevents them from removing it from the game. 

I've just fired up the game and wanted to make my daily double, but after my first battle in my KV-4 (I need 15k xp to ST-1) with arties, I just give up. I didn't even managed to get anywhere and I was already half the hp down. I'm currently at 88% MOE and was thinking of 3 marking this tank, but after today, I simply don't want to have anything to do with this tank anymore. I understand that playing arty can be fun, but there is no fun playing against arty when they focus you. 

Game developers should remove game mechanics that might be fun for certain group of players, but are highly annoying for the rest of them. If they don't people will turn away from the game and it will be the end of it.

spamhamstar #6903 Posted Yesterday, 01:54 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 64310 battles
  • [LLAY] LLAY

View PostWintermute_1, on 19 October 2018 - 03:44 PM, said:

That they aren't.

It makes no sense to claim there is very little support for arty on the forum and lots of opposition but that both sides are equally vocal and abusive.

Anyone just casually scanning over the arty threads can see what the general pattern of posts is.

Well apparently you can't.  I've already told you there are around 5 staunch arty defenders *edited*, side lining every discussion.  That is the pattern that I see & yes *edited* that even hints at being negative about arty.

Perhaps it's not surprising that you have so little appreciation for what is happening around you, given that you have already admitted to not being able to find the arty section of the forum. 

I suggest that you look over this thread & pay attention to posts from players such as *edited* & you'll see exactly what I'm talking about.  The numbers involved on either side have nothing to do with it, *edited*

View Postvamproy, on 19 October 2018 - 04:08 PM, said:

Those so called "arty players" are just casual players.. Like with every casual game, they don't really care that much about it.

I check the minimap twice as much as much as when I'm not in reload, just to know exactly where everyone is, so I can plan my next 2 - 5 shots in advance.. and when I'm not in reload, I check the minimap 3 times as much as when I'm in a regular tank.

Also, I scroll over the entire map to check my teams and my enemies hp pools, to consider who to support and or who to kill 1st.

I check for fallen or falling trees on arty and td spots and I tell my team where I have seen them falling.

I check for broken walls, fences, houses etc. that are not supposed to be broken to find out if someone might be flanking my team, or if I am lucky I will see these being broken at the moment I look at them, which means there is an enemy driving there and I quickly pre-aim and sometimes even fire a "blind" shot there, when I have reloaded.

Also I suggest my team to push a certain path, when I have seen no broken stuff and I am fairly certain there are no enemies there or a max of 1 or 2.

I also tell/suggest other players (mostly meds) to help an other player or players when they migh have flipped their tank, or are about to get surrounded by enemies.

I let my team know where I am going to shoot next and I let them know every 10 seconds at least what my reload is.

All of this.. I do when I am in my 26 - 70 second reload depening on which arty I am playing.. 

Besides this.. I never shoot at enemy tanks when a team member is standing next to it and I could damage them, unless I am 100% sure it would be helpfull, and then I try to shoot in a way that I would probably only stun my team member.

But yeah, playing arty sometimes gives me 2 - 4 minutes waiting time, just to get in a game and before the match has started have been insulted by 4 different people,calling me a "clicker" when in fact I click less per battle than any other class in game, or calling me names of disseases of which I have lost both my parents, 3 grandparents, a few cousins, aunts and uncles and a few friends.

When this happens, I tell them that I will not support them because of how they act.. then when they need support.. I still support them, because I am a team player no matter what.. help them survive.. and get called names again by them because it took too long for me to help them.

Sometimes I even get shot by them after I saved them.. heck.. sometimes I even get shot within the first 5 seconds the battle has started.

But mostly the thing that happens is.. people spam clicking the minimap on my position and calling me names, because I have not fired at an enemy that they have spotted for 5 seconds and has dissapeared again.. when you have just made me look at the minimap, make me wonder if I have missed something, and keep me from doing the things above.

Sure.. I will leave the team member that actually needs my support to die, turn my vehicle and start aiming at your spot, wait for 8 - 14 seconds until I am fully aimed, then fire a shell, which takes about 4 - 6 seconds to arrive at your spot, then not be sure if I hit the guy or not, because you have allready left and are not willing to spot them anymore.. that is 15 - 35 seconds wasted at least and then I also have to reload again.

I am a damn good arty player and I know it, and I have fun playing it, despite of all the hate comments, discrimination or sometimes even (death) threats I get from someone that has played 50 battles in an arty and knows exactly how to play it and how op it is according to them.

It sounds as if you may be an exception to what a lot of us experience on a daily basis from arty players.  I don't think anyone is claiming that it's not possible to be skilled at playing arty, just that it doesn't take as much skill to do ok in arty compared to other classes.

While what you describe above sounds perfect, it's not the case that that level of attention is required in a class that you can essentially be afk in apart from when firing to do ok in.  There are numerous examples of this on youtube from QB playing using only his eyes to DezGamez making lunch while playing arty.  A personal example would be that I'd be highly doubtful about a positive outcome if I were to engage an superunicum 1v1 in any other class, yet I'd be quite happy to shoot them with impunity from the other side of the map while playing arty.  This means that the difference in our skill levels is negated simply because I'd be playing arty.

While I'd never try to defend anyone for insulting other players let alone wishing someone had cancer, you need to remember that this is the internet & normal standards of behaviour don't seem to apply here for a lot of people.  Unfortunately that doesn't seem likely to change, so it's up to the rest of us to grow a thicker skin & ignore these idiots.  On the other hand I do appreciate that these types of comments are in no way constructive and do more harm than help when talking about changes to arty in the game.

Edited by G_Bg_82, Yesterday, 10:05 AM.
edited due to naming and shaming

VVindu #6904 Posted Yesterday, 08:21 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 17565 battles
  • [MIRKO] MIRKO
I'm done paying for this damn game. Game is totally UNPLAYABLE with 3x, 2x or even 1x cancer in the game. REMOVE THIS DAMN ARTY CANCER FROM THE GAME

Wintermute_1 #6905 Posted Yesterday, 09:12 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44224 battles

View Postspamhamstar, on 20 October 2018 - 01:54 AM, said:

Well apparently you can't.  I've already told you there are around 5 staunch arty defenders *edited*, side lining every discussion.  That is the pattern that I see &  *edited* that even hints at being negative about arty.

Perhaps it's not surprising that you have so little appreciation for what is happening around you, given that you have already admitted to not being able to find the arty section of the forum.

Didn't take long for a post requiring moderation.

Edited by Wintermute_1, Yesterday, 11:23 AM.

try_not_to_be_Cliche #6906 Posted Yesterday, 11:56 AM

Private

• Player
  • 8427 battles
  • [KNTC] KNTC

Is there have been a change ? The last 2 days (50-60 battles most in my KV-4 arti-magnet)  I have seen almost no clickers, some battles 1 arti and 3 or so had 2 artis. In one of those I was the focus of arti,, and had to hide all game after a rock next to the base. Every time I showed my nose they fired and stunned me. And being called idiot, morron, noob , bot, camper etc. by my team. Even if I wanted to move it was not doable because I was more or less perma-stunned.

But for the rest it was great without arti. I did a lot better and are almost at the XP needed for the ST-1. It is so nice to play without constantly hiding and get clicked at least 3 times and stunned even more. Fighting tear IX and X is difficult enough in a tear 8 without arti.

Edited by try_not_to_be_Cliche, Yesterday, 11:58 AM.

WoT_RU_Doing #6907 Posted Yesterday, 12:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46173 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View Postvamproy, on 19 October 2018 - 04:08 PM, said:

A nicely thought out post overall, but it has me thinking...when did you last play arty? 70 second reloads disappeared with the 9.18 update.

spamhamstar #6908 Posted Yesterday, 02:57 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 64310 battles
  • [LLAY] LLAY

View PostWintermute_1, on 20 October 2018 - 08:12 AM, said:

Didn't take long for a post requiring moderation.

& it hasn't taken you long to revert to type.  It's an odd word for the moderator to edit, given that you admitted you came here to say nothing, but have kept posting anyway.  Oh well I guess that's WG logic for you, edit the word but not the behaviour :facepalm:

vamproy #6909 Posted Yesterday, 08:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30669 battles
  • [OSKAR] OSKAR

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 20 October 2018 - 12:14 PM, said:

A nicely thought out post overall, but it has me thinking...when did you last play arty? 70 second reloads disappeared with the 9.18 update.

I play at least 5-10 arty games a day..

With the 70 seconds I am referring to the 'BC 155-58'

I know its not 70 seconds anymore for a full mag load.. but they changed the in-between load to 10 seconds.. which comes down to exactly the old reload time but with less shells.

This used to be my most favourite as well.. with over 1k battles and a winrate of 60%+.. but after the nerf that went down to about 58% and when they implemented stun and lowered the pen and damage even more.. that win % went to crap even more..

It is so unreliable with the damage now, that I don't play it anymore.

1 shot can do 400-500 dmg.. the next shot can be less than 100.. the third 150-200.. thats just absurd.

I've had matches where I hit every shell for 4+ reloads and only did 700-1300 damage.. thats 12 shells.. all hits..

I mean the overall average of arty damage is between 200-450 per shot these days.. if anyone else playing with any other class did an average of 200 with a 26 second reload.. all hell would break loose.

Yes ofcourse there are still shots where I can 1 shot someone.. or do 1k dmg.. but those are open tanks like the Skorpion G, RHM WT etc.. and thats me in a tier 9 or tier 10 against a tier 8.. or if I am really lucky I hit an engine deck and do that kind of damage..

Also 80% of the people I shoot at have mods installed that automatically repair, heal or extinguish fire.. and if they auto-heal.. that means my stun is gone.. so I don't get a lot of stun either..

Besides this all.. arty has always gotten less XP/credits per battle than it deserves.. If I had the most damage with 3 kills.. some other team member still has more xp than me with half my damage and 1 kill.

Edited by vamproy, Yesterday, 08:24 PM.

Also tagged with spg, arty, feedback

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users