15091 replies to this topic

trispect #15081 Posted 14 April 2021 - 05:55 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 38855 battles
  • [F2PAY] F2PAY

View PostLuckyRoy, on 13 April 2021 - 06:17 PM, said:

105 leFH18B2

from the most OP premium arty (and the only one, in fact) to the most twerking, imprecise, unuseful arty in game.

That's why my opinion abt game is: unrealible, unfair and dishonest. At the end you paid for something and they changed it, without asking anything to you.

It's not the only premium arty in the game and they have done nothing to it. 

Renderer #15082 Posted Yesterday, 09:34 AM

Private

• Player
  • 41983 battles
  • [95] 95

Well fellahs, I have played arty almost exclusively for 8 years. Ive been sworn at and told to die of cancer many times.  Arty is not easy to play, its not extremely hard either but to be good with arty needs lots of practice. So here is my point just like all of the tankers out there I enjoy the game a lot,  or did I can now not even earn playing costs due to arty being nurfed literally to death. As an example and an average my m44 perfectly aimed and focussed misses completely 2 shots out of 5 on easy targets and 4 out of 5 on much harder targets. It means that I love campers especially 2/3 all nestled together gives me points and keeps them honest and less happy to camp. without Arty the game would in my opinion change to one of strategic use of cover camo and stealth, otherwise known as camping, Tds would replace arty in popularity stakes and after you have banned / nurfed them it would be the turn of the effective scout.

Term of reference here is effective. If you are incompetent, too bold or too shy you are likely to be destroyed indeed you my be destroyed anyway. Point of interest arty aim is now so bad I regularly hit a tank I did not aim at.

Perhaps I should complain bitterly about the speed and agility of 4 wheelers that appear out of knowhere and destroy all arty, but its the game and your luck and skill or lack of it. You choose tanks, I choose arty.  Like all games there are rules but changing the rules to suit yourselves is pretty naff.

ChestyMorgan #15083 Posted Yesterday, 10:37 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16602 battles

View PostRenderer, on 16 April 2021 - 09:34 AM, said:

Well fellahs, I have played arty almost exclusively for 8 years. Ive been sworn at and told to die of cancer many times.  Arty is not easy to play, its not extremely hard either but to be good with arty needs lots of practice. So here is my point just like all of the tankers out there I enjoy the game a lot,  or did I can now not even earn playing costs due to arty being nurfed literally to death. As an example and an average my m44 perfectly aimed and focussed misses completely 2 shots out of 5 on easy targets and 4 out of 5 on much harder targets. It means that I love campers especially 2/3 all nestled together gives me points and keeps them honest and less happy to camp. without Arty the game would in my opinion change to one of strategic use of cover camo and stealth, otherwise known as camping, Tds would replace arty in popularity stakes and after you have banned / nurfed them it would be the turn of the effective scout.

Term of reference here is effective. If you are incompetent, too bold or too shy you are likely to be destroyed indeed you my be destroyed anyway. Point of interest arty aim is now so bad I regularly hit a tank I did not aim at.

Perhaps I should complain bitterly about the speed and agility of 4 wheelers that appear out of knowhere and destroy all arty, but its the game and your luck and skill or lack of it. You choose tanks, I choose arty.  Like all games there are rules but changing the rules to suit yourselves is pretty naff.

I play arty too but have no sympathy for aimed shots with arty that miss, annoying as it can be when playing it.

To me the whole idea of the class being able to aim at such a small area from the other side of the map is farcical & I wonder at times whether the WG Dev's were on illegal substances when they came up with the idea? 

For me unless over open sights in reality should only be a weapon able to fire at a larger area & for it be able to zoom in the aiming circle so that a target vehicle pretty much fills in with such a high chance of getting a hit feels wrong.

Arty firing at larger areas cannot implemented in WOT as it would bore the crapout of people playing the class.

However giving an indirect fire class a level of accuracy that allows it to effectively snipe from the other side of the map is a joke for all the other classes to play against. The amount of times I see what should be a support class topping the damage at the end of a battle tells me that it is anything but a support class.

Playing both classes, I don't think that there is an answer for the class to make it acceptable for either side of the debate & I think that adding it to the game was a huge mistake. 

Edited by ChestyMorgan, Yesterday, 10:40 AM.

tajj7 #15084 Posted Yesterday, 11:29 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33383 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostRenderer, on 16 April 2021 - 08:34 AM, said:

Arty is not easy to play

Yes it is, factually it is, it's why people terrible at the game on average perform much better in artillery than they do in other classes. 

Renderer #15085 Posted Yesterday, 01:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 41983 battles
  • [95] 95

Tajj and all,  we are all stronger in some areas than others as I have said to avoid again being taken out of context, Im actually in agreement with Chestys comments by and large. Artillery was never capable of pinpoint shots in real life so why in the game.  What gets me is I spend years building developing and gathering crew points to hone my ability in game,  what Im unhappy about is week on week month on month I get all my chosen arties nurfed by developers to the point now where I have lost a strong string of artillery vehicles and years worth of skill and equipment no longer relevant to the game as it stands today, yet best bit suffer abuse from other players as in catch cancer because I cant help them.  You fellahs say what you like but you want your cake and eat it.   I dont know if you ever play arty sounds like you shouldnt but it is not so easy to play well,  for example are you attempting to say that standards of driving tanks shows more skill? most just point and shoot and are quickly destroyed and few have skill? Or perhaps your saying that only those tankers with exceptional skill of which there are a few have the right to expect an easy ride?

Im not aware of any evidence available to indicate the validity of your statement above, until I see same with always treat such comments with the sincerity they merit.

SaintMaddenus #15086 Posted Yesterday, 01:27 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 46104 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I'll be honest I've not felt any nerf to arty in itself at all.   What my arty suffers from is the introduction of autoloaders that clip you while you reloading so you get less shot guns (which are always fun for an arty with balls)  and wheelies that dont stop moving when you "track" them.   but all people suffer from those mechanics.   I like the stun mechanic, makes arty more support as it should be.   

this is how I envisage it.  32 seconds in  

[Edited]

Video removed

Imagery depicting gore, death, horrifically violent acts, etc.

12:28 Added after 1 minute
Imagine a close striking shell would be a bit like that.   but hey I've never been in a tank in combat... 

Edited by L3gionaire, Yesterday, 01:32 PM.
Imagery depicting gore, death, horrifically violent acts, etc.

D4SM4N #15087 Posted Yesterday, 02:11 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14028 battles
  • [-681-] -681-

View PostChestyMorgan, on 16 April 2021 - 10:37 AM, said:

To me the whole idea of the class being able to aim at such a small area from the other side of the map is farcical & I wonder at times whether the WG Dev's were on illegal substances when they came up with the idea? 

Well Chesty ... for me the whole idea of a Tank Destroyer shooting through a dense forest at the "weak spot" of a target way beyond the view range (let me stress on it again: through the dense forest) is also strange, but that's what the game is ...

How many shots will you get with the SPG for the 4-6 minute battles that are played nowadays, and how many with the Skorpion G from the safe distance, and honestly, dude, if you tell me that sniping from the red line requires more skill than dropping the "sky cancer" with several seconds delay (when you have to predict how your target will move in those seconds) ... I can tell you - it is a tiny bit harder for me to play an SPG, compared to my most relaxing tank - the M4A1 Rev.

3 shots with the Rev = granted position within the top 10 (I'm below average player) - fine for me, I'm trying hard for the battle pass. 

3 shots with the SPG ... ? On a city map ... ?

I recently started playing again, I'm having quite some fun with the SPG, though I do it mostly because I'm stuck at the 15th mission for the T55A, but it's still enjoyable, and sometimes you just need a little change.

It is just a different mode of the game - and not because it is safe to play an SPG (there's no SPG ethics in this community, so you quite often get hunted by the other team's SPGs). It's just different.

Edited by D4SM4N, Yesterday, 02:11 PM.

SaintMaddenus #15088 Posted Yesterday, 03:09 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 46104 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
apologies for the image, now deleted, I forget that some people dont like zombies.   If you want to know google  rick is trapped inside tank  walking dead  you tube.    its a scene from Walking dead.    Basically the sound deafens him.   Not appropriate for squeamish people as its got a zombie...   

ChestyMorgan #15089 Posted Yesterday, 04:13 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16602 battles

View PostD4SM4N, on 16 April 2021 - 02:11 PM, said:

Well Chesty ... for me the whole idea of a Tank Destroyer shooting through a dense forest at the "weak spot" of a target way beyond the view range (let me stress on it again: through the dense forest) is also strange, but that's what the game is ...

How many shots will you get with the SPG for the 4-6 minute battles that are played nowadays, and how many with the Skorpion G from the safe distance, and honestly, dude, if you tell me that sniping from the red line requires more skill than dropping the "sky cancer" with several seconds delay (when you have to predict how your target will move in those seconds) ... I can tell you - it is a tiny bit harder for me to play an SPG, compared to my most relaxing tank - the M4A1 Rev.

3 shots with the Rev = granted position within the top 10 (I'm below average player) - fine for me, I'm trying hard for the battle pass. 

3 shots with the SPG ... ? On a city map ... ?

I recently started playing again, I'm having quite some fun with the SPG, though I do it mostly because I'm stuck at the 15th mission for the T55A, but it's still enjoyable, and sometimes you just need a little change.

It is just a different mode of the game - and not because it is safe to play an SPG (there's no SPG ethics in this community, so you quite often get hunted by the other team's SPGs). It's just different.

True TD's are bloody annoying & I accept what you say about being able to shoot through trees, but at least they need a line of sight & to be within a certain range where the enemy can hit back at them (if they can see the bloody things, which is another problem with them) unlike arty which can dish it out with impunity too easily. It strikes me as a lazy way to play the game.

Being able to use the G key view to guide a shell with accuracy &  put it through a window or an archway to hit the vehicle trying to hide behind it or to drop a shot over a rock to hit the vehicle hiding behind it is a joke to play against.

How many shots is a variable. Pea shooter Bishop & the FV304 more than some tanks. I got bored with the class after Tier VI when I tried it on a previous account as the time waiting for a reload was just too long. I got as far as the GW Tiger I think & a 30 second reload sitting there watching the game go by is not my idea of fun.

I do like the Bishop & the FV304 because of the rate of fire & the shorter range of the gun meaning you have to get closer to trouble to play them. It makes them more of a challenge to me than longer ranged ones.

Not sure if a reduction in accuracy matched with an increase in the rate if fire so it is more likely to only do splash damage is the answer?

Renderer #15090 Posted Yesterday, 04:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 41983 battles
  • [95] 95

For information of Maddenus and all, wot staff have told me that all arty have been consistently nerfed they say its in response to the opinions of players here in this forum, they actually invited me to comment here. There is lots wrong with wot is going on with What! the main thing that there is no factual facts just opinions messes with my head. I just want to play a game, really its that simple. I didnt scream like a wain when I got shot to bits the first 10,000 games I played I stuck with it and learned how to play and what to play and when. 

D4SM4N #15091 Posted Yesterday, 09:16 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14028 battles
  • [-681-] -681-

View PostChestyMorgan, on 16 April 2021 - 04:13 PM, said:

... to only do splash damage is the answer?

Well ... there are positions on the map, that need an SPG to dig out someone and it should be quite hard to nerf the damage and still find a way to balance the class.

Higher RoF for less damage and less stun duration may be ...

But what about a 60TP player spamming HE in your tracks, or whatever pixel he sees?

Just ENJOY the game as it is - get blasted - start a new game ...

In the end - it is a game, its meant to give you some nice time, not to put any stress on you. (unless you do it for a living)

I just like to have some late evening shooting, once I put the kid (and the wife) to sleep

Win some, lose some, its all the same to me ...

SaintMaddenus #15092 Posted Yesterday, 09:24 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 46104 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

"there is no factual facts just opinions "

Oh god yes... and that's a fact oh wait hang on.... 

I should have said in my opinion I have felt no change.   Maybe i'm just not good enough :)   but yes too many of us here state our opinions as facts.   I do try to be factual but the reality is my experience is not the same as Private Miros for example.  we play the same game with same rulesets but our experience is difference.  (mostly cos he is way better player)  

Also tagged with spg, arty, feedback

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users