spg arty feedback

• Please log in to reply
11134 replies to this topic

ArtyMySoul #10721 Posted 13 October 2019 - 04:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 252 battles

View PostStonedCowFlyHigh, on 13 October 2019 - 02:33 PM, said:

Yesterday in 21 games only once there were 2 artillery, all other games I had 3 artillery. it’s not normal and it kills the game. I am not only complaining about artillery, there are too many light tanks, there are 7 of them in the game. It's just not right.

but if we have 1 per class than it would be 4 vs 4??

15:59 Added after 1 minute

View Postpsychobear, on 13 October 2019 - 02:44 PM, said:

As long as it would remove the disease from randoms, i have absolutely no problem whatsoever with that.

I agree arty haters should be removed not just from random but from whole game

ThorgrimBrenadim #10722 Posted 13 October 2019 - 07:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33814 battles

View PostArtyMySoul, on 12 October 2019 - 08:02 PM, said:

you also have option to choose another game with no arty. 

You also have the choice to play an actual tank that needs skill.

You also have the choice not to play scrap metal that you know is ruining the game for players and is the biggest issue in this game.

Last but not least you could take your own advice re playing another game.

18:16 Added after 3 minute

View PostArtyMySoul, on 13 October 2019 - 02:11 PM, said:

WG could introduce arty only event. Lets say, from tier 6 to 10, almost every arty can one shot every other arty.

15 vs 15 arties, that would be just awesome.

I am glad that my arrival here inspired constructive discussion instead of the "removal" nonsense.

Yes but make arty as accurate as real life and game time is 25min with 4 minutes added per arty killed that way they will get around 30 minute game if lucky.

ArtyMySoul #10723 Posted 13 October 2019 - 09:32 PM

Private

• Player
  • 252 battles

View PostThorgrimBrenadim, on 13 October 2019 - 07:12 PM, said:

You also have the choice to play an actual tank that needs skill.

You also have the choice not to play scrap metal that you know is ruining the game for players and is the biggest issue in this game.

Last but not least you could take your own advice re playing another game.

Yes but make arty as accurate as real life and game time is 25min with 4 minutes added per arty killed that way they will get around 30 minute game if lucky.

1. I have s choice but choose not to. Because I like it this way. I'm not the one complaining.

2. Nonsense

RainbowRay #10724 Posted 13 October 2019 - 09:43 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9599 battles
  • [P-N-P] P-N-P

View PostArtyMySoul, on 13 October 2019 - 09:32 PM, said:

1. I have s choice but choose not to. Because I like it this way. I'm not the one complaining.

2. Nonsense

- New Account

- Played 250 Games to post on forum

- 280 Wn8

- Keeps provoking "Arty haters"

I just reported you, it is obvious you created the account for trolling

ArtyMySoul #10725 Posted 13 October 2019 - 09:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 252 battles

View PostRainbowRay, on 13 October 2019 - 09:43 PM, said:

- New Account

- 280 Wn8

Arty haters in brackets?

ThorgrimBrenadim #10726 Posted 13 October 2019 - 09:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33814 battles

View PostArtyMySoul, on 13 October 2019 - 09:32 PM, said:

2. Nonsense

- New Account

- 280 Wn8

View PostArtyMySoul, on 13 October 2019 - 09:48 PM, said:

- New Account

- 280 Wn8

Arty haters in brackets?

It's fine all that is shown is a total lack of understanding about this game.

What is being said does nothing to promote arty, in fact it potentially helps show people why players have such a dislike about arty and then they see them gloating in the in-game chat ( most are not that pathetic and yes others do it as well ), they see them deliberately drowning themselves because they are too cowardly to fight with a pixel image and respect their fellow ream members, ( and yes arty players are by far the biggest culprits  per class of this IMO is an abuse of the game mechanics ).

Edited by ThorgrimBrenadim, 13 October 2019 - 09:55 PM.

SaintMaddenus #10727 Posted 14 October 2019 - 12:28 AM

Major

• Player
  • 38497 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

trouble is the reality is many people appear to be buying the LEHF a lot a the moment.  That is one nasty trollish piece of trash but PEOPLE BUY IT.

shows the general mentality of the game  had 3 in one of my battles.   They were rubbish couldn't hit a thing.    

ArtyMySoul #10728 Posted 14 October 2019 - 01:52 AM

Private

• Player
  • 252 battles

View PostThorgrimBrenadim, on 13 October 2019 - 09:54 PM, said:

It's fine all that is shown is a total lack of understanding about this game.

What is being said does nothing to promote arty, in fact it potentially helps show people why players have such a dislike about arty and then they see them gloating in the in-game chat ( most are not that pathetic and yes others do it as well ), they see them deliberately drowning themselves because they are too cowardly to fight with a pixel image and respect their fellow ream members, ( and yes arty players are by far the biggest culprits  per class of this IMO is an abuse of the game mechanics ).

Arty does not need promotion. Arty is fact of life. And the rest of your post is usual drivel unworthy of commenting

Angel_Dust_ #10729 Posted 14 October 2019 - 06:36 AM

Private

• Player
  • 8295 battles
Hello everyone. I made this post in WoT Suggestions thread yesterday but seems it went unnoticed, so I'll try here, hoping someone would share their opinion on it, or give me an explanation.

Yesterday, on Airfield, I was hit by two arties for 940HP less than a minute into a match because I knocked over a tree and I am very sure I wan't spotted. I understand that there are SPG tracers they can use to counter each other on the map, but I don't think waiting on a certain locations for a player to destroy tree (or something else) and then shoot the spot is a valid idea. How can you even know that, what do you have? A real time satellite imagery? A drone? SR-71 blackbird? How can you perceive something going down on places there is no way you can see or hear and determine the precise location? I don't mind arties shooting me, but I think this is very bad... well, stupid idea that should be looked into. Is there any reason for such mechanics to be in game?

Thank you.

mpf1959 #10730 Posted 14 October 2019 - 02:19 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29194 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostAngel_Dust_, on 14 October 2019 - 06:36 AM, said:

but I don't think waiting on a certain locations for a player to destroy tree (or something else) and then shoot the spot is a valid idea. 

Thank you.

I suggest you reconsider. ;)

13:21 Added after 2 minute

View PostSaintMaddenus, on 14 October 2019 - 12:28 AM, said:

trouble is the reality is many people appear to be buying the LEHF a lot a the moment.  That is one nasty trollish piece of trash but PEOPLE BUY IT.

shows the general mentality of the game  had 3 in one of my battles.   They were rubbish couldn't hit a thing.    

Yepp, people get it for the reputation, but scoring big in one aint as easy as they think! 

Tikky_tank #10731 Posted 14 October 2019 - 04:04 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 48874 battles

View Postmpf1959, on 14 October 2019 - 02:19 PM, said:

Yepp, people get it for the reputation, but scoring big in one aint as easy as they think! 

The LEFH and The Bert are the most annoying arties in the game, as both of them shoot fast and (fairly) accurate, but ... you need a skilled crew, a supportive team and a smart player to perform well. But, given those conditions are met, on a city map you're The King !

:medal:

ArtyMySoul #10732 Posted 14 October 2019 - 05:02 PM

Private

• Player
  • 252 battles

Hello everyone. I made this post in WoT Suggestions thread yesterday but seems it went unnoticed, so I'll try here, hoping someone would share their opinion on it, or give me an explanation.

Yesterday, on Airfield, I was hit by two arties for 940HP less than a minute into a match because I knocked over a tree and I am very sure I wan't spotted. I understand that there are SPG tracers they can use to counter each other on the map, but I don't think waiting on a certain locations for a player to destroy tree (or something else) and then shoot the spot is a valid idea. How can you even know that, what do you have? A real time satellite imagery? A drone? SR-71 blackbird? How can you perceive something going down on places there is no way you can see or hear and determine the precise location? I don't mind arties shooting me, but I think this is very bad... well, stupid idea that should be looked into. Is there any reason for such mechanics to be in game?

Thank you.

actually knocking down tree is good indicator that someone is there and why not shooting there.

But i agree that changes in terrain should not be visible unless inside spotting range

Edited by ArtyMySoul, 14 October 2019 - 05:22 PM.

Gruff_ #10733 Posted 14 October 2019 - 05:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22076 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Thank you.

You could find the replay and pm the arty players, ask them to upload the replay to http://wotreplays.eu/ to see the game from their point of view.  There are many explanations could be the tree you knocked down was in a popular heavy travel lane / scout or td passive spotting spot, they also may have communicated to each other or someone else in the team reported it down, maybe you were spotted and weren't aware, the more experienced / alert the arty player is the more chance of this happening.  Think about every game you play on every map there are always predictable patterns that play out, don't let it worry you, take it on the chin and roll out to the next game with better luck :)

Angel_Dust_ #10734 Posted 14 October 2019 - 05:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8295 battles

Hey all, thanks for your replies and insight. I am not frustrated by that... or angry, it won't keep me back from going on and playing. I highly doubt there was so sophisticated communication in a random game like "Oh hey, shoot now, that tree is falling down, someone is there", player was probably just already aiming at well known heavy path and he waited for tree to go down. I am just saying it is probably stupid to see a tree falling down or object destroyed so far away from an imaginary bird perspective and spotting things you shouldn't be able to spot - or see.

Let's discuss this situation, end of game, 2v2 on the map, arty and medium tank vs let's say two slow heavies. Arty could scan whole map for destroyed objects with its superior satellite imagery and pinpoint location without any need of med to spot... then he could just hunt and kill them. I know there are many variables in play there, but I am just asking you to consider such situation and obvious advantage.

ArtyMySoul #10735 Posted 14 October 2019 - 11:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 252 battles

View PostAngel_Dust_, on 14 October 2019 - 05:36 PM, said:

Hey all, thanks for your replies and insight. I am not frustrated by that... or angry, it won't keep me back from going on and playing. I highly doubt there was so sophisticated communication in a random game like "Oh hey, shoot now, that tree is falling down, someone is there", player was probably just already aiming at well known heavy path and he waited for tree to go down. I am just saying it is probably stupid to see a tree falling down or object destroyed so far away from an imaginary bird perspective and spotting things you shouldn't be able to spot - or see.

Let's discuss this situation, end of game, 2v2 on the map, arty and medium tank vs let's say two slow heavies. Arty could scan whole map for destroyed objects with its superior satellite imagery and pinpoint location without any need of med to spot... then he could just hunt and kill them. I know there are many variables in play there, but I am just asking you to consider such situation and obvious advantage.

Yes but this situation is one of many possible outcomes and combinations.

As i said before, i agree that map changes should not be visible outside of view range.

Maybe you should find the way to push that particular issue to WG.

strv_varjager #10736 Posted 15 October 2019 - 10:11 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4807 battles

View PostArtyMySoul, on 14 October 2019 - 11:22 PM, said:

Yes but this situation is one of many possible outcomes and combinations.

As i said before, i agree that map changes should not be visible outside of view range.

Maybe you should find the way to push that particular issue to WG.

Or he could be cheating aswell.

Some use cheats to grief and harass other players for their own sick pleasure, openly admitting they cheat and taunt players, using the cheats as much as possible to target the most upset players.

Some just play on like "normal" and dont care if they get caught or maybe they are just too stupid to realise its obvious they are using cheats.

And then we have those that rarely get detected cause they use the cheats only to get a slight advantage without really using the cheats to its full potential.

I think the last type of cheater is the most common and more common than most think. Also in WoT i cant load the replay after the game and watch the game from every possible aspect. Free view fog on/off, player perspective etc.

With the free mod scene and the lack of replay options WoT is a cheaters wet dream and artillery is maybe the best mechanic to abuse with cheats.

ArtyMySoul #10737 Posted 15 October 2019 - 11:25 AM

Private

• Player
  • 252 battles

View Poststrv_varjager, on 15 October 2019 - 10:11 AM, said:

and artillery is maybe the best mechanic to abuse with cheats.

I would say that aimbot is by far worst cheat of all, but than again, all cheats are horrible and they ruined the game. Thats why more than hslf people left over the years.

Thats why i love arty. In arty, cheats dont matter much.

Erwin_Von_Braun #10738 Posted 15 October 2019 - 11:27 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 42943 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

:popcorn:

AlphaBot_ #10739 Posted 15 October 2019 - 05:11 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 1999 battles
Pls do maximum 2 Artys per Battle is win win situation for all Players.

ThorgrimBrenadim #10740 Posted 15 October 2019 - 05:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33814 battles

View PostArtyMySoul, on 14 October 2019 - 01:52 AM, said:

Arty does not need promotion. Arty is fact of life. And the rest of your post is usual drivel unworthy of commenting

Says a player who is just an out and out UNHELPFUL has said nothing of value knows nothing of value about the game either.

He says he loves arty as cheats do not matter lol arty is the def of a cheat mode you have top down view ( god mode ) you get rewarded even if you miss the target. You can take as long as you want to aim with full knowledge that the enemy are the other side of a hill etc and can not fight back. And IMO it is arty that are driving more players away from this game than cheat mods. We see arty almost every game and far too often 2 or 3 arty.

Now I run vanilla but when I look at how enemy play I reckon at most someone I am fighting is using cheat mods probably at the worst one in fifteen games but probably more like one in twenty to twenty five games. Now playing devils advocate lets say I am wrong in my assumption about a player ( there are lucky shots there are calculated guesses and I have killed unspotted players more than a few times with a calculated guess that they would pull back out behind a bush unspotted ) so reality is we probably have a player with cheat mods running one in thirty to one in fifty games. So YES ! arty is the biggest single issue in this game as this thread bears out with it's length.

16:13 Added after 1 minute

View PostAlphaBot_, on 15 October 2019 - 05:11 PM, said:

Pls do maximum 2 Artys per Battle is win win situation for all Players.

As wargaming have not fixed arty in all these years my stance now is remove it, but if not two bottom tier or one middle or one top should be maximum.

Edited by ThorgrimBrenadim, 15 October 2019 - 05:31 PM.

Also tagged with spg, arty, feedback

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users