game mechanics

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

taerom #1 Posted 30 October 2017 - 12:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24196 battles

Hi guys,

can you explain to me, whats going on, in this video? Base was capped by Obj260. Vk killed Obj260 2 seconds after 100% and obj still win? Theres no more additional 5 second rule or what?

_snowfIake__ #2 Posted 30 October 2017 - 12:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26580 battles
nope, not anymore 

OreH75 #3 Posted 30 October 2017 - 12:32 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46926 battles
  • [RANGR] RANGR
Cap already ended before kill, so no timer reset by killing 260.

Bennie182 #4 Posted 30 October 2017 - 01:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 51588 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
The whole rule system on capping is bull$hit. It has always been complete RNG wether you would win or not, since I've lost games when I hit a tank within the few seconds you get to reset the cap in the last few seconds when it is at 100% and didn't count as on time. Of course other way around my cap got reset after longer time then I tried to reset enemy cap. Sometimes it takes 10 sec, sometimes few sec. Total nonsense and not fair. Make a rule for it and stick to it. We have RNG enough in the game.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 30 October 2017 - 01:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64400 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostBennie182, on 30 October 2017 - 01:18 PM, said:

The whole rule system on capping is bull$hit. It has always been complete RNG wether you would win or not, since I've lost games when I hit a tank within the few seconds you get to reset the cap in the last few seconds when it is at 100% and didn't count as on time

Could be because it never was a few seconds, or that the 5 second rule did apply for that. iirc it was only a split second or so you had after you can't reset after it hit's 100% with the old set of rules. Not a few.

Now the 5 second cap rule is gone with regards to cap. The 5 seconds is still there, and will be reset on an enemy kill, but just to give you time to farm damage and nothing more. The old rule was that you had time to kill the enemy team and winning by elimination, instead of losing to cap. As the 5 second rule was that after each kill, the timer did reset back to 5 seconds for the game to end. So if you killed the last 3 with 3-4 seconds between each one, you won by elimination, and they did not win by cap.

But that's not how it works anymore, as it was changed about a year ago or so. Reason is rather simple. Many did complain on the HT & LT capping mission since so many did it, but still failed it as they won by elimination, not by cap. As the last enemy was killed a few seconds before or after the cap came to 100%. As destroying the enemy team always did come over winning by cap. Causing some people to be stuck on it longer then they did MT-12. And since so many wanted that changed due to the mission, inc here as we had a topic about it every day, more so then about arty at one point. They did change it. So now you win by cap if it gets to 100%, regardless if their or your team is eliminated or not. 

Why they could not allow the mission to count as completed if the cap game to 100% regardless of what you won by instead? IDK. But they went for the easy option.

Edited by Balc0ra, 30 October 2017 - 01:38 PM.

Also tagged with game mechanics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users