• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1027 replies to this topic

Geno1isme #1001 Posted 09 January 2018 - 03:22 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 48353 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostKandly, on 09 January 2018 - 04:15 PM, said:

Hi guys, I'm sorry to hear you're still having issues with this. Can you please post some more details in this topic and explain the issue you're currently experiencing? Is it the clan chat? Someone said something regarding the missions as well, but please try to be specific and tell me what doesn't work for you, as we need to forward this info and we cannot if we don't have it.

Clan-Chat has been missing for several days on EU1 at least.

Kandly #1002 Posted 09 January 2018 - 03:23 PM

Player

• Player
  • 1020 battles

View PostDexatroph, on 09 January 2018 - 02:21 PM, said:

Hi Kandly,

from time to time my contact list is gone and when this happen also chats doesnt work anymore. To me it looks like the chat & contact list is an own service what fails from time to time. 

And this problems was never fixed, its just didnt happen that regular and often than the first time.

:( All right, sorry to hear that. Thank you for the info, I will forward it.

mango91 #1003 Posted 09 January 2018 - 03:23 PM

Captain

• Clan Diplomat
  • 43703 battles
  • [ORKI] ORKI

clan chat not always available on EU1, while working on EU2..

no clue which could be the reason of that "not always", honestly

Kandly #1004 Posted 09 January 2018 - 03:26 PM

Player

• Player
  • 1020 battles

View PostGeno1isme, on 09 January 2018 - 02:22 PM, said:

Clan-Chat has been missing for several days on EU1 at least.

View Postmango91, on 09 January 2018 - 02:23 PM, said:

clan chat not always available on EU1, while working on EU2..

no clue which could be the reason of that "not always", honestly

Roger. :( We'll see what happened with that. I'll get back to you guys as soon as I get any update on this, but I have no information now. Sorry!

Cobra6 #1005 Posted 09 January 2018 - 03:56 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16530 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

I'm just curious how chat can be broken on one server......surely both servers are running exactly the same software and are pretty much the same configuration right?

Cobra 6

Geno1isme #1006 Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:13 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 48353 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostCobra6, on 09 January 2018 - 04:56 PM, said:

I'm just curious how chat can be broken on one server......surely both servers are running exactly the same software and are pretty much the same configuration right?

Well, they are in different locations, and my suspicion has always been that the chat issues are somehow network related rather than being direct software issues.

Aikl #1007 Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:38 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26966 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostCobra6, on 09 January 2018 - 02:56 PM, said:

Cobra 6

Chat server's likely separate from the game servers. Some logs from the game suggest it's located in The Hague (as opposed to EU1 outside Berlin (?) and EU2 in Amsterdam). 

We're only left to guess what is really wrong, as always. Beyond 'software bugs'; the lack of response, information and interest, in addition to how Wargaming's described in Glassdoor reviews, would suggest internal problems with structure and communication. 

The Paris-based community staff are not technical personel, so I don't blame them for not having instant knowledge about what is going on, but we've seen this spiel before. Curious to see if there's anything new this time around.

Overall impression remains that the staff has very limited interest and/or ability to communicate, fix or otherwise deal with (EU-specific?) issues. Guess that's the way Wargaming wants it.

Homer_J #1008 Posted 09 January 2018 - 05:25 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32795 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostKandly, on 09 January 2018 - 02:15 PM, said:

Hi guys, I'm sorry to hear you're still having issues with this. Can you please post some more details in this topic and explain the issue you're currently experiencing? Is it the clan chat? Someone said something regarding the missions as well, but please try to be specific and tell me what doesn't work for you, as we need to forward this info and we cannot if we don't have it.

Same as it has been all the way through.  Sometimes you can message other players but you can't join channels, sometimes it's the other way round, sometimes it's everything, sometimes logging off and on fixes it, sometimes it just works.

Kandly #1009 Posted 09 January 2018 - 06:13 PM

Player

• Player
  • 1020 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 09 January 2018 - 04:25 PM, said:

Same as it has been all the way through.  Sometimes you can message other players but you can't join channels, sometimes it's the other way round, sometimes it's everything, sometimes logging off and on fixes it, sometimes it just works.

All right. Thank you! It's important we send all the info we can to the devs. :)

As for the issue itself: I don't want to state anything that isn't true, I'm not a developer, but I know from experience that random issues like this are the hardest to fix in their entirety. If a bug can be reproduced in the exact same way a few times in a row, it is easy to pinpoint what's causing it and change that. That is not the case here, though. Sometimes even if bugs get fixed, they manage to find their way back. It's important we have a clear understanding of what's happening in order to get rid of what's triggering it.

Afdass #1010 Posted 09 January 2018 - 06:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12991 battles

View PostAngel_Arrow, on 09 January 2018 - 10:46 AM, said:

The TANKYOU code was indeed the compensation we were promised. I asked once again to Ph3lan and got this as a respons:

View PostIulian_ro, on 09 January 2018 - 11:09 AM, said:

Wow, this is really sad and low from you WG.

Next time you give us such a 'compensation' at least give a nice and suggestive name to that code, something like 'F4CKYOU'.....

Later edit:

@Ph3lan : Can you confirm the info above? I see you are browsing this topic right now, can you at least give us a response?

And I thought that was some kind of reward for players, for playing the game and beeing loyal to wargaming.

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/thx-everyone/

I'm shocked with this. Was still expecting for some interesting rewards...

And about the issues, I still have sound issues and the forum is also not having a good time, isn't it?

Spoiler

Angel_Arrow #1011 Posted 09 January 2018 - 07:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20211 battles
  • [WOTI] WOTI

View PostIulian_ro, on 09 January 2018 - 12:09 PM, said:

Wow, this is really sad and low from you WG.

Next time you give us such a 'compensation' at least give a nice and suggestive name to that code, something like 'F4CKYOU'.....

Later edit:

@Ph3lan : Can you confirm the info above? I see you are browsing this topic right now, can you at least give us a response?

Oh my god ... what more can you wish for then a screenshot of Ph3lan telling us that what I asked was right??? That is the reason why I posted that screenshot in the first place. To show you guys exactly what was told to me by Ph3lan himself. That is why I didn't just copy paste the text. For all you care I could have written it myself. But not with a screenshot! Anyway ... in the meanwhile I got spoken to because I posted that screenshot here. Apparently I'm a member of a "secret society". That's a pity. I don't get why Ph3lan or any other WG employee can't post this here after all these questions and uncertainties. They can answer on a certain Discord server but on the forum it seems to be a problem. Again ... that's a pity. (and now I will probably spoken too again because telling you guys this)

Anyways ... I posted the screenshot to give you guys the real thing and not a copy/paste that I could have made myself (for all you care). So I don't get why you need confirmation ... it's already black on white (actually it's with a lot of colors thanks to Discord). 

And by the way ... actually it wasn't needed to ask because it's already black and white in this article they gave us at that time.

Block Quote

Over the past couple of months, many of you have been affected by chat, friends list, and other issues that may have spoiled your enjoyment in World of Tanks. We now have those issues under control but will continue to monitor the situation closely, especially after the release of Update 9.21. 

T4NKYOU

We want to say 'Thank you!' and show our appreciation for your loyalty during those times, so everyone who redeems this bonus code between 11 December and 25 December at 23:59 CET (UTC+1) will receive the following gift:

Edited by Angel_Arrow, 09 January 2018 - 07:38 PM.

KLguns #1012 Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:34 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 50331 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I still daily get the "connection to the channel has timed out" for our clan chat.

CrazyDutch64 #1013 Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:57 AM

Private

• Player
  • 15171 battles
  • [NBTT] NBTT

Yesterday 9 januari 2018 evening 22:00 CET EU1 server NO CLAN CHAT, connection impossible

TijgernootTank #1014 Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:06 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 53900 battles
  • [TOURN] TOURN

These clanchannel bugs were in the game already before it got messed up good . Only they would be rare .

From time to time there can be one or some players missing in clanchannel .

If these players would write some in clanchat , then nobody can read it .

Again , this bug was already in game before it got out of hand after patch .

Now it happens very often , and because now u can get time out error for channels missing , it becomes way more visible .

I dont understand reply from Kandly , the bugs are still all over the place , but wg developers are not aware of this already ?

Maybe play own game little bit more ?

I have no faith anymore that wg can reach this state of clear understanding of what is happening .

At least its taking way to long .

The compensation was bad and its not even fixed .

Also like i mentioned , this clanchannel bug was in game already , before the changes that made it all worse .

WG seems completely unaware of this .

Aikl #1015 Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:09 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26966 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostTijgernootTank, on 11 January 2018 - 04:06 PM, said:

(...)

Well, it's pretty obvious they're aware of it. That much we can tell. Apart from that, it's hard to nail if they'd prefer ignoring the issue until it fixes itself, actually have no idea how to fix it, or that Wargaming's internal structure is so beyond terrible that you can't simply call the IT guy. The last option is that the issue is actually rather complicated, but WGEU has zero ability to communicate it to us properly.

My bet is on a combination of these issues, judging from mostly circumstantial evidence. Note in particular how the NA cluster also had similar issues with the chat, lasting several months - and to this day still hasn't really fixed it. However, any bugs affecting the game as a whole (namely the personal mission stuff) are typically communicated well and dealt with surprisingly swiftly. At least in comparison. WGEUs main problem is that they apparently rely on the community staff to deal with this stuff, only rarely do we have someone with hands-on knowledge in the forums.

TardWurst #1016 Posted 14 January 2018 - 05:31 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 42317 battles
  • [BIGD] BIGD
And the clanchat is gone once again. If I didn't know that all the issues had been fixed already I'd be a little worried..

Fery66 #1017 Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:19 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 25433 battles
  • [C-D-L] C-D-L
Clan chat broken again,lets make another nice event!wg you are starting to become ridiculous...

Aikl #1018 Posted 21 January 2018 - 03:10 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26966 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostKandly, on 09 January 2018 - 05:13 PM, said:

All right. Thank you! It's important we send all the info we can to the devs. :)

(...)

So, Kandly, which one is it?

View PostAikl, on 12 January 2018 - 10:09 AM, said:

(...) it's hard to nail if they'd prefer ignoring the issue until it fixes itself, actually have no idea how to fix it, or that Wargaming's internal structure is so beyond terrible that you can't simply call the IT guy. The last option is that the issue is actually rather complicated, but WGEU has zero ability to communicate it to us properly.

(...)
WGEUs main problem is that they apparently rely on the community staff to deal with this stuff, only rarely do we have someone with hands-on knowledge in the forums.

I'd very much appreciate a comment on this stuff. How come WGEU believes that having an uninformed staff member (whose job description is not technical in nature) do the "communication" is good enough? This has literally been an issue since October. There's been plenty of time to find an explanation and/or excuse for this clusterfudge. There's even been plenty of time to find some way of not appearing like fumbling buffoons when problems occur - by actually creating some communication behind the server-hamsters and the entertainment personel ('community staff' as they're also known as).

I'm also eagerly awaiting a comment on the ongoing server issues; there are several reports of battles not starting server-side, resulting in a draw with zero damage and experience all over the board. Great stuff. I don't expect it to be fixed or commented on - but God knows you have a massive PR slack to catch up on now. 

Edited by Aikl, 21 January 2018 - 03:11 PM.

Homer_J #1019 Posted 23 January 2018 - 11:14 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32795 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostKandly, on 09 January 2018 - 05:13 PM, said:

And today.  EU1 no clan chat, no channels.

EU2 can't report/block players in game but can send messages and report from after battle report.  Clan chat and channels working.

Tried switching back and forth between servers but it didn't seem to help anything.

Kandly #1020 Posted 23 January 2018 - 02:38 PM

Player

• Player
  • 1020 battles
Thank you for the details! We're aware that some more players reported issues with it again today. I'm currently poking people to get some updates, but for now I still got nothing. :( Sorry guys!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users