Jump to content


Useless exp due to chnage in American Tech Tree


  • Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Killmarr #1 Posted 30 October 2017 - 07:21 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 32105 battles
  • 2
  • Member since:
    11-22-2014

Dear all,

 

I would like to open a toppic regarding exp. gathered on the M41 previous to the change in the american tech. Tree done in update 9.20.1.1.

Unfortunately I was able to gather the needed exp. to explore the T54E1 but did not have the credits to buy it.

Therefore I postponed the exploration.

The update took place at a time I had no access to WoT and now I am stuck with about 190.000 exp on the M41 Bulldog where its not needed.

 

Several attempt at customer service did not lead to any solution!

 

How are your experiances with a similar topic.

Who to contact? What to offer that WoT can help.

 

Thanks for your replies in advance



Bennie182 #2 Posted 30 October 2017 - 07:31 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 50351 battles
  • 1,090
  • Member since:
    03-13-2012

"Working as intended" WG always says. No compensation at all..

Sending a ticket is useless because you get automated messages back. Do they even have real humans answering those? XD



JuicyProduction #3 Posted 30 October 2017 - 11:05 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 27074 battles
  • 274
  • [OMNI] OMNI
  • Member since:
    11-10-2013
 

 

 

 

 

 

WG will not give you compensation for it as they announce these updates and then it is up to you to grind out in time. If you can't then tough luck. They would owe too many people compensation if they applied your train of thought :sceptic: 

 

On a real note, don't bother trying. You missed the opportunity and that's down to you. You will have to pay to free xp. 



Mr_Deo #4 Posted 31 October 2017 - 02:00 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 39949 battles
  • 1,585
  • [ESAF] ESAF
  • Member since:
    01-30-2012

View PostKillmarr, on 30 October 2017 - 06:21 PM, said:

Dear all,

 

I would like to open a toppic regarding exp. gathered on the M41 previous to the change in the american tech. Tree done in update 9.20.1.1.

Unfortunately I was able to gather the needed exp. to explore the T54E1 but did not have the credits to buy it.

Therefore I postponed the exploration.

The update took place at a time I had no access to WoT and now I am stuck with about 190.000 exp on the M41 Bulldog where its not needed.

 

Several attempt at customer service did not lead to any solution!

 

How are your experiances with a similar topic.

Who to contact? What to offer that WoT can help.

 

Thanks for your replies in advance

 

http://www.noobmeter...20171016_183525

Someone had access to your account.

 

177k to T49

231k to T54E1

 

Yea it stinks if you didn't or couldn't push hard enough to get it.

It would be nice if they would have worked out a transition or something to allow you to use that xp for a few weeks after the change, or perhaps even moved the xp around.

Imagine tho that they moved it to the t69 and lots of players didnt have that researched, you just gave a lot of people a t69 tree that's got all modules researched.  Others would be really unhappy. 

Imagine WG gave it as FreeXP, again, players who didn't have it would be up in arms.

Really, most of the ways you could think of compensation, would result in some large group getting mad about it.

 

What they should have done was leave the T71 and Bulldog research where it was (t71 users could have lost out too), and left the existing training path in place WITH a warning on the research page saying that path will be removed in the next X weeks.

They also could have made a Clear and Open news item about it 2-3 months ago, bumping it every 2-3 weeks, AND include a warning ingame that the research path would change.

 

Just leave the XP on it and move on I say.  Perhaps it will get new modules one day, or another branch - and your all set.

 

 



Griesgram_der_Grobe #5 Posted 31 October 2017 - 03:02 AM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 16608 battles
  • 2,073
  • [HCD] HCD
  • Member since:
    11-18-2010

View PostJuicyProduction, on 30 October 2017 - 10:05 PM, said:

WG will not give you compensation for it as they announce these updates and then it is up to you to grind out in time.

 

 

WG is a *insert bad word here*...they knew full well that this would happen to some, so why not put the excess XP on the next tank/tier instead leaving it to be exchanged for money or rott for all eternity (7600 gold, not that cheap to get at all)...greedy *even worse word here* who did that on purpose, that´s all...

same for the T71s...just plain stupid to have it work the way it works...

 

those grinds are hard enough, now WG just doubled them for no reason for some players

dunno if I would continue, or more precise, repeat that ordeal...

most likely not...and that is where WG looses even more money...I do tend to free-xp T9/T10, which costs quite a bit more than those 7.6k gold...



K_A #6 Posted 31 October 2017 - 03:08 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 13566 battles
  • 4,656
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    04-18-2013
Why would you not research the tank when you had the xp already? That's your own mistake right there, no reason to blame WG for it.

thestaggy #7 Posted 31 October 2017 - 06:21 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14686 battles
  • 1,889
  • Member since:
    04-24-2015

View PostK_A, on 31 October 2017 - 03:08 AM, said:

Why would you not research the tank when you had the xp already? That's your own mistake right there, no reason to blame WG for it.

 

Yep, makes zero sense to me.

 

If you want the tank, research it as soon as you can. You don't have to buy it immediately. I saw the tree changes coming and researched the T54E1 from the M41 before the patch. I didn't have to purchase it immediately and I still don't have it in my garage, but its now unlocked and I have no need to play the T71 DA and T69.



magkiln #8 Posted 31 October 2017 - 11:04 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 21948 battles
  • 712
  • [EKKE] EKKE
  • Member since:
    09-21-2015

View Postthestaggy, on 31 October 2017 - 06:21 AM, said:

 

Yep, makes zero sense to me.

 

If you want the tank, research it as soon as you can. You don't have to buy it immediately. I saw the tree changes coming and researched the T54E1 from the M41 before the patch. I didn't have to purchase it immediately and I still don't have it in my garage, but its now unlocked and I have no need to play the T71 DA and T69.

 

Exactly, I actually used some free XP to unlock the T69, because I heard the XP I had on  the T71 would go to the T71 CMCD, where I don't need it (I already have the Bulldog). Cost me about  20,000 freeXP, but it solved the problem. The premium xp missions a couple of weeks ago helped me earn it back. Plus, I now have 15,000 on Franken and Stein. WG is very generous with XP right now, maybe because of this mess in the tech tree.

Eleiyas236 #9 Posted 31 October 2017 - 12:35 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 2040 battles
  • 44
  • Member since:
    10-09-2016
Have to agree, if you had the exp, why not research it, then grind the credits and unlock... if you wanted that particular tank, then just unlock as soon as you have the exp for it.

pecopad #10 Posted 31 October 2017 - 01:11 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 21349 battles
  • 716
  • [UGN] UGN
  • Member since:
    09-04-2015

View Postmagkiln, on 31 October 2017 - 11:04 AM, said:

 

Exactly, I actually used some free XP to unlock the T69, because I heard the XP I had on  the T71 would go to the T71 CMCD, where I don't need it (I already have the Bulldog). Cost me about  20,000 freeXP, but it solved the problem. The premium xp missions a couple of weeks ago helped me earn it back. Plus, I now have 15,000 on Franken and Stein. WG is very generous with XP right now, maybe because of this mess in the tech tree.

 

Generous? Don't you have to use gold to convert the exp on Franken & Stein?

OreH75 #11 Posted 31 October 2017 - 01:18 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 46058 battles
  • 1,731
  • [3V] 3V
  • Member since:
    05-29-2013
So you had the XP but didnt unlock the tank and now you blame WG? Furthermore they announced the change well before it actually happenend and during all those weeks you were not able to log in, unlock the tank an log out? Stronk logic.

Gremlin182 #12 Posted 31 October 2017 - 01:22 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 45365 battles
  • 7,485
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012

There was a possible fix for this as I suggested when they announced the change.

They should leave the crossover points on the tech tree as they are till the following patch.

That would give everyone part way through grinds probably months to complete them.

Surely not an unreasonable suggestion.



SaintMaddenus #13 Posted 31 October 2017 - 01:29 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 33128 battles
  • 1,111
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    03-04-2011

"They also could have made a Clear and Open news item about it 2-3 months ago, bumping it every 2-3 weeks, AND include a warning ingame that the research path would change."

"they knew full well that this would happen to some, so why not put the excess XP on the next tank/tier instead leaving it to be exchanged for money or rott for all eternity"


 

Thumbs up to both of these.  I don't want compensation, I'd just want my exp moved up the line or to the line where it was intended. Really, would it be that hard to for them for a short period after the change to move the exp as requested.


 

IF they verbalised in an open fashion that this was an option for a one month period only their kudos for customer service satisfaction would skyrocket  (from where it is any positive is an enhancement ;) )


 

 

 



pecopad #14 Posted 31 October 2017 - 01:32 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 21349 battles
  • 716
  • [UGN] UGN
  • Member since:
    09-04-2015
The only compensation I want is to receive the free tier X tanks they are giving to the owners when I unlock/buy them...

OreH75 #15 Posted 31 October 2017 - 01:35 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 46058 battles
  • 1,731
  • [3V] 3V
  • Member since:
    05-29-2013

View Postpecopad, on 31 October 2017 - 01:32 PM, said:

The only compensation I want is to receive the free tier X tanks they are giving to the owners when I unlock/buy them...

 

?

magkiln #16 Posted 31 October 2017 - 02:25 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 21948 battles
  • 712
  • [EKKE] EKKE
  • Member since:
    09-21-2015

View Postpecopad, on 31 October 2017 - 01:11 PM, said:

 

Generous? Don't you have to use gold to convert the exp on Franken & Stein?

 

Generous with XP. Not necessarily with free-XP.

JuicyProduction #17 Posted 31 October 2017 - 09:38 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 27074 battles
  • 274
  • [OMNI] OMNI
  • Member since:
    11-10-2013

View PostGriesgram_der_Grobe, on 31 October 2017 - 02:02 AM, said:

 

 

WG is a *insert bad word here*...they knew full well that this would happen to some, so why not put the excess XP on the next tank/tier instead leaving it to be exchanged for money or rott for all eternity (7600 gold, not that cheap to get at all)...greedy *even worse word here* who did that on purpose, that´s all...

same for the T71s...just plain stupid to have it work the way it works...

 

those grinds are hard enough, now WG just doubled them for no reason for some players

dunno if I would continue, or more precise, repeat that ordeal...

most likely not...and that is where WG looses even more money...I do tend to free-xp T9/T10, which costs quite a bit more than those 7.6k gold...

 

you told me stuff I already knew my man. I didn't say it's not a cheeky move from WG. But we all know WG. If you want actaully honest advice it would be to keep up with the upcoming patches and stay ontop. If tech tree changes come then just commit to it if you have the time. Complaining will sadly not change as people will still spend money on free xp. The only way this would change is if players dried out the money well the WG is drinking from.

biitti #18 Posted 05 November 2017 - 08:11 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 29538 battles
  • 9
  • Member since:
    01-29-2011

Ok, I knew there is already topic about this. I had no clue about this tree-change and noticed this just some days ago when checking how much I have to still ride with that grappy light tank.... Was grinding to t54e1 and now have useless 130k exp, definitely not gonna do anything with that light tank tree.

 

This is definitely not how to do this kind of changes as there really is much time wasted on now. This is just pure f****** up with your users.



hasnainrakha57 #19 Posted 05 November 2017 - 10:51 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 12458 battles
  • 455
  • [WFTTE] WFTTE
  • Member since:
    08-01-2013
Aaa thanks to me i grinded through crappy t69 just before this update

Edited by hasnainrakha57, 05 November 2017 - 10:51 PM.


Homer_J #20 Posted 05 November 2017 - 11:04 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27001 battles
  • 27,652
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostGremlin182, on 31 October 2017 - 12:22 PM, said:

There was a possible fix for this as I suggested when they announced the change.

They should leave the crossover points on the tech tree as they are till the following patch.

That would give everyone part way through grinds probably months to complete them.

Surely not an unreasonable suggestion.

 

They did that once already.  The link was supposed to be removed when the tier X lights arrived.

 

They could have left it to another patch and someone else would have been caught out because they didn't pay attention.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users