Personal Missions Down = Different random gameplay

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Bala79 #1 Posted 31 October 2017 - 09:34 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28818 battles

Hi, i was struggling to do the LT-15 for T-55A (7K damage/damage upon spotting) not because i had no skill but because i was getting either city maps, or open maps with tons of lights that compeete with each other to get that early 1-2 K spotting. I even had moments when some light was ramming me in a bush to make me visible and insta kill in order to take it! Now that missions are down i made 7K on Prokhorovka withouth even a sweat!

But the thing is, when the personal missions are up, you can clearly see one or two players in each side who are doing some crazy mission. I mean missions like:

• Spot at least 3 enemy SPGs and cause damage or critical hits to them.
  • Help cap enemy base while getting at least 40 percent cap points, battle is won by capping (do not get hit while capping)
  • Cause damage to at least 2 enemy SPGs.
  • Destroy at least 1 enemy SPG.
  • Cause at least 1,500 HP of damage to enemy heavy tanks.
  • Destroy at least 2 enemy heavy tanks. Destroy at least 2 enemy tank destroyers that are 1 tier higher than your vehicle.
  • Participate in the successful capture of a base or reset enemy capture points of your/neutral base. Win the battle. Cause at least 3,000 HP of damage to enemy vehicles.

This missions should be reworked as they totally mess with a player decisions in choosing the right target and adopting the correct strategy in each match.

I for instance got myself shooting a Heavy that was 400m away from me while enemy light was 100m from me spotting our arty, it's crazy i know but when you chase a mission for a week or two, you get crazy...

Strappster #2 Posted 31 October 2017 - 09:52 AM

General

• Player
  • 23628 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBala79, on 31 October 2017 - 08:34 AM, said:

This missions should be reworked as they totally mess with a player decisions in choosing the right target and adopting the correct strategy in each match.

As a counter-point, maybe more players should focus on their current battle first and consider the missions as a secondary?

I understand your point, I'm currently suffering with HT-8.3 which requires 3k damage and either win by capping or reset an enemy cap. If I get the damage, it's in a battle that invariably ends with kill all and if the enemy start capping I can never get back in time to reset because there's always a light or medium that can get there faster. I don't think the mission needs to be reworked as a consequence, I take it that I haven't had the right battle yet where both situations come together.

Another example, when I had the LT mission to spot 3 arty and damage them, I only pushed through to the arty when it was clear that the enemy had left a route unguarded and there wasn't anything else for me to do as it was on Fjords, a map where most players get line-of-sight to their targets due to short engagement ranges. I'd missed out in earlier battles by engaging with other tanks while another light got through and picked up those first spots.

I'm not saying that to show what a great player I am, only to illustrate that I approach the missions differently. I know other players won't do that and will still commit to a headless chicken charge in hopes of completing their mission but those players are going to do that regardless of what you make the requirements. Personally I prefer the variety of the current missions - a series of "spot xxxx damage" missions would be increasingly tedious and only cause the headless chickens to push each other out of the spotting bushes.

felis_o #3 Posted 31 October 2017 - 09:52 AM

Private

• Player
  • 17116 battles

You need to stop playing for the missions. Trying to force a cap or spot and destroy an arty every game just makes you play bad and gets you frustrated on the long run. If you wait patiently, you will get a game where you reset the cap, where you sneak behind enemy lines and kill their SPGs, where you circle two heavies from 100 to 0.

On the other hand I agree with you that some missions could need an adjustment. Although I can't name any right now as the missions are still down in-game :teethhappy:

commer #4 Posted 31 October 2017 - 10:00 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38080 battles

View PostBala79, on 31 October 2017 - 09:34 AM, said:

Hi, i was struggling to do the LT-15 for T-55A (7K damage/damage upon spotting) not because i had no skill but because i was getting either city maps, or open maps with tons of lights that compeete with each other to get that early 1-2 K spotting. I even had moments when some light was ramming me in a bush to make me visible and insta kill in order to take it! Now that missions are down i made 7K on Prokhorovka withouth even a sweat!

But the thing is, when the personal missions are up, you can clearly see one or two players in each side who are doing some crazy mission. I mean missions like:

• Spot at least 3 enemy SPGs and cause damage or critical hits to them.
  • Help cap enemy base while getting at least 40 percent cap points, battle is won by capping (do not get hit while capping)
  • Cause damage to at least 2 enemy SPGs.
  • Destroy at least 1 enemy SPG.
  • Cause at least 1,500 HP of damage to enemy heavy tanks.
  • Destroy at least 2 enemy heavy tanks. Destroy at least 2 enemy tank destroyers that are 1 tier higher than your vehicle.
  • Participate in the successful capture of a base or reset enemy capture points of your/neutral base. Win the battle. Cause at least 3,000 HP of damage to enemy vehicles.

I for instance got myself shooting a Heavy that was 400m away from me while enemy light was 100m from me spotting our arty, it's crazy i know but when you chase a mission for a week or two, you get crazy...

I dont see it. People still cap like morons 3 min into the game and your 3 mark grind is screwed up despite the fact that we were wining on positions and were 5:2

Bala79 #5 Posted 31 October 2017 - 10:41 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28818 battles

View Postcommer, on 31 October 2017 - 09:00 AM, said:

I dont see it. People still cap like morons 3 min into the game and your 3 mark grind is screwed up despite the fact that we were wining on positions and were 5:2

Random is random, and there are many headless players anyway, but when on the missions you see more of it.

Strappster #6 Posted 31 October 2017 - 10:46 AM

General

• Player
  • 23628 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBala79, on 31 October 2017 - 09:41 AM, said:

Random is random, and there are many headless players anyway, but when on the missions you see more of it.

I'd say you're seeing more of it because you're looking for an explanation for headless chicken gameplay. You're thinking about your mission so you're applying that thinking to other players. What you've got to remember is that for some players, that's regular gameplay.

commer #7 Posted 31 October 2017 - 12:56 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38080 battles

View PostBala79, on 31 October 2017 - 10:41 AM, said:

Not really. I still see 3 arty per team focusing me even when bottom tier in a light on a city map

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users