Premium tank tech tree

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

MegaDeltaFighter #1 Posted 31 October 2017 - 11:29 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 31754 battles
  • [GRFIN] GRFIN

I think wargaming should add some tier X tanks on tech tree so players can achieve one. now premium thanks such as  Object 907  M60, VK 72.01K , T95E6 are possessed by some limited number of players (compared to the whole )  who got it as a reward at beginning days of server start up for their certain qualification. I think they should be available for more players to achieve by buying. 

I know that even premium tier 8 tanks bought by noob players are problematic in game play performance now, adding tier X tanks will worsen the case but that has got a solution and that is this:

tier X tanks (and even tier 8 premium tanks) should not be available for all players to buy, they should have some high game play skills to be able to buy such a tanks, wargaming can define some certain well designed mission structure for each type of tanks (SPG,light heavy med and destroyer) to unlock capability of buying reliant type of tier x tanks, and those who was able to pass the missions successfully should be able to buy such a tanks.

by this change wargaming can have a new stream of income, players can get hands on lovely premium tier X tanks, and I can get one of those tanks free as a reward for the brilliant idea suggested  :)

----------------------------------------

I just edit this to avoid replies that raised by misunderstanding.

I emphasis :

you can consider missions as hard as obj260 mission for a player to be able to unlock premium tier X tank purchase, or better just those who got obj260 as a reward by passing the mission can purchase the tier X premium tanks those players can not be considered a noob player and they have already got a tier X tank in their garage what the problem should be arose by being able to purchase an other one

-----------------------------------------

I added this:

reading replies so far I came to this understanding that there is players who got those named special tanks through hard work and having the tank in possession is a sign of qualification for them and they do not want to loose the prestige of having the tank in possession by letting more people to have it without  to suffer the same as they did.

I think this problem has a solution too,

you know that we have a tank named cromwell in the game and an other tank exactly identical to it in characteristics named cromwell B which the later is premium one.

and prim Victoria and the centurion and there is other premium tanks with almost identical characteristics to ordinary counterparts.

what if we let the special tier x premium tanks be special and just have some ordinary tier X tanks have premium  twins just like cromwell. 

and added this: no higher than let say tier 5 premium tanks be available for purchase without the qualification of the player. let say by passing the stug IV mission players be able to buy tier 6 tanks and passing T28HTC unlock tier8 and obj260 unlock tier X premium tank purchase.

does this make the case acceptable? 

I really know how players are pissed off to see some noob players ruin the game play performance by playing a tier 8 premium tank while they even do not know how to aim its gun and the only reason they have it is just the fact that they have paid for it. this problem I guess should be addressed by wargaming I am not suggesting to worsen the problem already exists by introducing tier X tanks I do not know how to emphasis enough that there should be some certain way to qualify the players who want to purchase such a tank but when that's met, the player should be able to buy tier X premium tanks and not the special premium tanks maybe (to keep special tanks special to those who had try hard to get it) just some sort of it.

Edited by MegaDeltaFighter, 31 October 2017 - 08:33 PM.

LR130 #2 Posted 31 October 2017 - 11:38 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14468 battles
  • [DECOY] DECOY

ehhhh..... no thx.

although i agree there should be a required skill level for purchasing tier 8 premium.

__H3H3__ #3 Posted 31 October 2017 - 11:40 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29990 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
nope not a good idea. Dont make this the Chinese server :ohmy:

Dr_ownape #4 Posted 31 October 2017 - 11:41 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 40652 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
can you imagine 1k bots in tier 10s - it is bad enough in tier 8s where having 1/2 players not having a clue can ruin your chances.

uglycousin #5 Posted 31 October 2017 - 11:42 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 42641 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

View PostLR130, on 31 October 2017 - 12:38 PM, said:

there should be a required skill level for purchasing tier 8 premium.

Yep.

View PostMegaDeltaFighter, on 31 October 2017 - 12:29 PM, said:

I think wargaming should add some tier X tanks on tech tree so players can achieve one. now premium thanks such as  Object 907  M60, VK 72.01K , T95E6 are possessed by some limited number of players (compared to the whole )  who got it as a reward at beginning days of server start up for their certain qualification. I think they should be available for more players to achieve by buying. 

I know that even premium tier 8 tanks bought by noob players are problematic in game play performance now, adding tier X tanks will worsen the case but that has got a solution and that is this:

tier X tanks (and even tier 8 premium tanks) should not be available for all players to buy, they should have some high game play skills to be able to buy such a tanks, wargaming can define some certain well designed mission structure for each type of tanks (SPG,light heavy med and destroyer) to unlock capability of buying reliant type of tier x tanks, and those who was able to pass the missions successfully should be able to buy such a tanks.

by this change wargaming can have a new stream of income, players can get hands on lovely premium tier X tanks, and I can get one of those tanks free as a reward for the brilliant idea suggested  :)

You know those are clan wars reward tanks. Right?

Just asking.

Edited by uglycousin, 31 October 2017 - 11:42 AM.

AliceUnchained #6 Posted 31 October 2017 - 11:42 AM

General

• Player
  • 37820 battles
  • [322] 322

With the buff to M48 Patton there really is NO reason whatsoever to ever want, or play the M60.

If only we could get the M60A1 with the needle nose turret instead... I'd take worse turret armor over the M48 any day... Hmmm....

tajj7 #7 Posted 31 October 2017 - 11:42 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 24391 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Those are all clan wars reward tanks and were earned by those players through playing clan wars and either their clan doing well or them personally doing well.

They should not suddenly just be offered to anyone when they haven't earned them or done the work. 

MegaDeltaFighter #8 Posted 31 October 2017 - 11:48 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 31754 battles
  • [GRFIN] GRFIN

View PostDrownape, on 31 October 2017 - 11:41 AM, said:

can you imagine 1k bots in tier 10s - it is bad enough in tier 8s where having 1/2 players not having a clue can ruin your chances.

you can consider missions as hard as obj260 mission for a player to be able to unlock premium tier X tank purchase, or better just those who got obj260 as a reward by passing the mission can purchase the tier X premium tanks 

those players can not be considered a noob player and they have already got a tier X tank in their garage what the problem should be arose by being able to purchase an other one

Edited by MegaDeltaFighter, 31 October 2017 - 11:49 AM.

leggasiini #9 Posted 31 October 2017 - 11:48 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 9678 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

DEAAR GOD CAN YOU IMAGINE 44% 1K BATTLE BOTS YOLOING YOU IN 907S

JESUS

Seriously though, you have to be pretty damn demonic in order to even think about making 907 possible to obtain for everyone. 

japtank #10 Posted 31 October 2017 - 11:51 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27611 battles

Premium tank players are not worse than regular tank players.

When I happen to check someone's record because of their sheer stupidity they always have thousands of games under their belt.

So yeah, tier Xs must be available.

Playing tier VIII is broken and will remain broken forever, so better play tier X.

They can even add some special clause to purchase them, like already having a tier X of each class, it won't change a thing anyway, so let them come.

LR130 #11 Posted 31 October 2017 - 11:53 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14468 battles
  • [DECOY] DECOY

View PostDrownape, on 31 October 2017 - 11:41 AM, said:

Im sorry to say, they are already all over the place.... maybe not 1k but surly 2k...

_Sensation_ #12 Posted 31 October 2017 - 12:02 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6077 battles
  • [OMNI] OMNI
Yeah sure. To be able to buy tier X premium tanku you need to have 260 in garage. Easy as that. Otherwise no thx

_Sensation_ #13 Posted 31 October 2017 - 12:02 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6077 battles
  • [OMNI] OMNI

View PostLR130, on 31 October 2017 - 11:53 AM, said:

Im sorry to say, they are already all over the place.... maybe not 1k but surly 2k...

2k Personal Rating? :trollface:

Jigabachi #14 Posted 31 October 2017 - 12:10 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17753 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Sooo... we have tX rewardtanks that are bound to certain missions, so that not every bob can get them.
Now you want to add tX rewardtanks that are bound to certain missions, so that not every bob can get them.

Err...

speedphlux #15 Posted 31 October 2017 - 12:11 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42006 battles
  • [TZAR] TZAR

Nope.

As a proud owner of few rare tanks, like the VK 72.01 K, T95/Cheiftain, IS-5 and T23E3, I'd like these to remain unobtainable to your average "wallet warrior" with sub 1,5k WN8 and attention span of a pigeon. For some of these tanks I worked my [edited]off. I had to FC battles, I had to stay up till late to plan the next day activities, I had to cater to all sorts of sobbing nobs to guarantee them a place on the team, even thou they show up 3 minutes before the battle starts, when all the tactics have been explained already and expect to just hop in and do their duties.

You want one of these "speshul tonks" ? Git gut ! As you can see, I'm not that good myself anyways and to top it off, I've stopped really carrying about CW or the competitive side of WoT for well over an year now. So there you go - you can take up my spot and see how it feels to "earn" something, rather then just flash a wallet and be done with it. And if you say you don't have the time for it, coz you gotta make sure you keep your wallet nice and fat, then I'm afraid those tanks are not for you. Just deal with it. You can't have Emma Watson as your girlfriend and I don't see how that could've possibly affected your life for the worst.

OreH75 #16 Posted 31 October 2017 - 12:12 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46178 battles
  • [3V] 3V

View Postjaptank, on 31 October 2017 - 11:51 AM, said:

Premium tank players are not worse than regular tank players.

When I happen to check someone's record because of their sheer stupidity they always have thousands of games under their belt.

So yeah, tier Xs must be available.

Playing tier VIII is broken and will remain broken forever, so better play tier X.

They can even add some special clause to purchase them, like already having a tier X of each class, it won't change a thing anyway, so let them come.

The problem with premium tanks is that you can completely skip the learning curve of the game. Having clueless players in Tier VIII premiums while their highest non premium tank is a Tier V is already "meh". Imagine new accounts that jump right into Tier X without a clue...no thx.

tajj7 #17 Posted 31 October 2017 - 12:16 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 24391 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postspeedphlux, on 31 October 2017 - 11:11 AM, said:

Nope.

As a proud owner of few rare tanks, like the VK 72.01 K, T95/Cheiftain, IS-5 and T23E3, I'd like these to remain unobtainable to your average "wallet warrior" with sub 1,5k WN8 and attention span of a pigeon. For some of these tanks I worked my [edited]off. I had to FC battles, I had to stay up till late to plan the next day activities, I had to cater to all sorts of sobbing nobs to guarantee them a place on the team, even thou they show up 3 minutes before the battle starts, when all the tactics have been explained already and expect to just hop in and do their duties.

You want one of these "speshul tonks" ? Git gut ! As you can see, I'm not that good myself anyways and to top it off, I've stopped really carrying about CW or the competitive side of WoT for well over an year now. So there you go - you can take up my spot and see how it feels to "earn" something, rather then just flash a wallet and be done with it. And if you say you don't have the time for it, coz you gotta make sure you keep your wallet nice and fat, then I'm afraid those tanks are not for you. Just deal with it. You can't have Emma Watson as your girlfriend and I don't see how that could've possibly affected your life for the worst.

This.

For my M60 I spend a month basically sitting down every evening at set times to play World of Tanks, where you spend most of the time just waiting for games and hoping to get picked, and then get shouted at by angry Germans or end up being the sacrificial lamb that spots the 15 yoloing Bat Chats. 

I earned that M60 (which needs a buff by the way) some Bob shouldn't be able to buy it without going through the same. 

krismorgan #18 Posted 31 October 2017 - 12:21 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 30679 battles
  • [UKT] UKT
no thanks-as explained by the peeps above my post.

Folau #19 Posted 31 October 2017 - 12:26 PM

Major

• Player
  • 15254 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Posttajj7, on 31 October 2017 - 11:16 AM, said:

This.

For my M60 I spend a month basically sitting down every evening at set times to play World of Tanks, where you spend most of the time just waiting for games and hoping to get picked, and then get shouted at by angry Germans or end up being the sacrificial lamb that spots the 15 yoloing Bat Chats. 

I earned that M60 (which needs a buff by the way) some Bob shouldn't be able to buy it without going through the same. 

It wasn't just angry Germans yelling at you, but such is the beauty of push-to-talk and my politeness.

TankkiPoju #20 Posted 31 October 2017 - 12:34 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19693 battles

For me it's pretty obvious WG will at some point sell tier 10 tanks, with full BiA crews and all.

It's only a matter of time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users