Does WOT punish for reporting that is deemed unnecessary?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

Sturmi1942 #1 Posted 31 October 2017 - 04:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 27312 battles
After playing this wonderful game for several years,I've come to suspect that WOT has a trend of tweaking a players game experience for example in the case where they deem your reporting of another player unnecessary or exaggerated. I'm not a fan of reporting myself but I occasionally might report someone for abusive or foul language. Considering that we have players from all age groups and that foul language can't be filtered entirely, there should be a way to at least put a threat for doing so. Instead I have a feeling that reporting such language or other incidents that are deemed too minor by WOT might lead to the reporter experiencing a "punishment",for example in the form reducing the players win rate(by way of MM) for a day or two. I admit that I've never received a notification from WOT for such and I might be completely in the wrong here but I'd like to hear if some other players have experienced this as well.

Martijn_mk2 #2 Posted 31 October 2017 - 05:04 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5840 battles
Make sure to wear your tinfoil hat!

Balc0ra #3 Posted 31 October 2017 - 05:09 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66269 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

What? Are you suggesting that false reporting, or reporting for no reason is now a valid excuse for a poor WR? And that a vaild report for language is deemed bad?

I suspect the worst they do is simply ignore you after a bit. As in if you cry wolf all the time, and no one else does. As WG knows a majority of the reports are BS. They don't go for everyone getting one report here and there. They go for the one that gets a handful here and there. As that's an indication that you did something bad. One report just means you pissed off someone by simply hitting them. So if you are the only one reporting him. Vs if half your team does does it to... Who would you check?

View PostSturmi1942, on 31 October 2017 - 04:56 PM, said:

I admit that I've never received a notification from WOT for such and I might be completely in the wrong here but I'd like to hear if some other players have experienced this as well.

If WG told their players that "You are abusing your reports, and now you will get bad MM" in a notification. That would stir up more crap then anything at the White House can do atm. So why did you expect to get told if there was such a system?

Edited by Balc0ra, 31 October 2017 - 05:10 PM.

Sturmi1942 #4 Posted 31 October 2017 - 05:28 PM

Private

• Player
  • 27312 battles

Nothing wrong with tinfoil hats!

I realise that there must be thousands upon thousands of reports daily and obviously there can't be such an organization that can handle such a flood.

I suppose that a valid and accepted report might be for example shooting at your team mate or something as grave as that but most reporting seems to be from players dissatisfied with their teammates gameplay or for being afk.

I'm not sure if WOT has  tried to reduce "needless" reporting. Does anyone have any information about this?

Bennie182 #5 Posted 31 October 2017 - 05:29 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 53688 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A

... "punishment",for example in the form reducing the players win rate(by way of MM) for a day or two.

WG already has influence on your battles.. though they will never admit that they influence the outcome of people's battles... Loads of players know it, but WG makes sure, no one can proof it.

Humansland #6 Posted 31 October 2017 - 05:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12615 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

After playing this wonderful game for several years,I've come to suspect that WOT has a trend of tweaking a players game experience for example in the case where they deem your reporting of another player unnecessary or exaggerated. I'm not a fan of reporting myself but I occasionally might report someone for abusive or foul language. Considering that we have players from all age groups and that foul language can't be filtered entirely, there should be a way to at least put a threat for doing so. Instead I have a feeling that reporting such language or other incidents that are deemed too minor by WOT might lead to the reporter experiencing a "punishment",for example in the form reducing the players win rate(by way of MM) for a day or two. I admit that I've never received a notification from WOT for such and I might be completely in the wrong here but I'd like to hear if some other players have experienced this as well.

first I was like :D:D:D then thinking about it got me like :D:D:D and after the conclusion I thought :D:D:D

Edited by Humansland, 31 October 2017 - 05:34 PM.

xx984 #7 Posted 31 October 2017 - 06:44 PM

Major

• Player
  • 54929 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN
yes. i always report people who dont let me farm damage and wn8, because its not fair play. this is why i dont have 90% winrate. 

_snowfIake__ #8 Posted 31 October 2017 - 06:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26606 battles
I new this game was rigged. I tk and camp red line and do all sorts of things to make my team fail and still get good WR. That's because I have never reported anyone!

NUKLEAR_SLUG #9 Posted 31 October 2017 - 06:52 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29179 battles
Well it's a refreshingly new take on why WG are rigging OPs game. Beats the usual stupidity which to be honest was getting kind of boring. I like originality!

Jigabachi #10 Posted 31 October 2017 - 06:56 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Wow. Now this is finally a new rigging concept.

Sooo... basically I'd be a unicum now if it wasn't for the reports that WG deemed wrong. I like that idea!

jabster #11 Posted 31 October 2017 - 06:58 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12537 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 31 October 2017 - 05:52 PM, said:

Well it's a refreshingly new take on why WG are rigging OPs game. Beats the usual stupidity which to be honest was getting kind of boring. I like originality!

I’ve seen the ‘dissing’ WG gets you bad MM claims but never this particular one. WG create an automated system so they don’t have to do the manual work while they then do loads of manual work to catch annoying players.

lord_chipmonk #12 Posted 31 October 2017 - 07:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33952 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostSturmi1942, on 31 October 2017 - 05:28 PM, said:

Nothing wrong with tinfoil hats!

It performs the same function as most other hats, but gets you weird looks. 

Headless_Rooster #13 Posted 31 October 2017 - 07:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10543 battles
  • [W-UNI] W-UNI

Nothing seems to happen when multiple people put in a genuine report, why would they punish spurious ones :teethhappy:

in game report system is a placebo.

Orkbert #14 Posted 31 October 2017 - 07:48 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25486 battles

Instead of trying to explain let me ask:

What have the other 14 players of your team done to be put into a loosing team?

-have they also filed too many reports? Then why are only bad players there? Given the discussions in other threads there are plenty of good players who routinely use up all ten reports each day, why doesn't your team get them?

And as for:

Block Quote

I suppose that a valid and accepted report might be for example shooting at your team mate

Actually that is one of the points where Wargaming itself says that filing a report for teamdamage isn't needed.

Allow me to quote from the Wiki itself:

Please be aware that there is no need to report team kills or team damage, as these incidents are handled solely by the automated system.

But very nice of you to show us all that you have no clue what you were writing about (not that we didn't suspect already)

Oh, and Inspector Wang has also something to say about this topic:

Jigabachi #15 Posted 31 October 2017 - 08:15 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Now, after I thought about it, he could actually be right. After all, all those people who always report you 10 times DO have very bad stats. :hiding:

Dundato #16 Posted 31 October 2017 - 08:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26307 battles

View PostSturmi1942, on 31 October 2017 - 03:56 PM, said:

In-game reporting is only there to humour us, weird how you have not worked that out yet

m1x_angelico #17 Posted 31 October 2017 - 08:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22453 battles
  • [-VETO] -VETO

Block Quote

I've come to suspect that WOT has a trend of tweaking a players game experience for example in the case where they deem your reporting of another player unnecessary or exaggerated

Oh well, if nothing else, this can be considered a creative approach to WOT :)

Sturmi1942 #18 Posted 31 October 2017 - 08:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 27312 battles

Oooh ooh,actually I'm just trying to find a reason for days when you simply can't win a battle! Yes,the funny answer would be that I'm simply a lousy player but I profess to be an average player and I understand that there are laws of propabilities and even bad luck but 2 days with dozens of battles with  10-15% win rate? That seems very unlikely! I know that there are spells where you don't seem to be able to have success and we all know that it's of 15 vs 15 players and one player can only do so much if there isn't much help from others.Obviously I'm talking about random battles here because I don't play clan battles.

As far as the other players in the team and MM...I think it would not be too difficult to ensure that you have to rather equal teams battling eachother but to keep battles short most teams are actually sorted to probable winners and probable losers before the battle even starts. Obviously battle performance can change all that or even sheer luck.

So,I thank everyone for the tinfoils you've donated and if I made someone chuckle,that's even better but I hope that I left just a tiny shadow of doubt into the counter weight of your turret.

And no one prohibits you from testing my theory! :)

And oh yes! I think I reported a guy who was pushing others out of the cap ring to gain more points himself...

Homer_J #19 Posted 31 October 2017 - 08:53 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28712 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSturmi1942, on 31 October 2017 - 04:28 PM, said:

I realise that there must be thousands upon thousands of reports daily and obviously there can't be such an organization that can handle such a flood.

You are making the mistake that someone actually looks at each report.

At best an account will get flagged for investigation after many many reports.  And from what we have seen in the past the investigation goes no further than confirming the number of reports is as reported.

jabster #20 Posted 31 October 2017 - 09:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12537 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostSturmi1942, on 31 October 2017 - 07:30 PM, said:

Oooh ooh,actually I'm just trying to find a reason for days when you simply can't win a battle! Yes,the funny answer would be that I'm simply a lousy player but I profess to be an average player and I understand that there are laws of propabilities and even bad luck but 2 days with dozens of battles with  10-15% win rate? That seems very unlikely! I know that there are spells where you don't seem to be able to have success and we all know that it's of 15 vs 15 players and one player can only do so much if there isn't much help from others.Obviously I'm talking about random battles here because I don't play clan battles.

As far as the other players in the team and MM...I think it would not be too difficult to ensure that you have to rather equal teams battling eachother but to keep battles short most teams are actually sorted to probable winners and probable losers before the battle even starts. Obviously battle performance can change all that or even sheer luck.

So,I thank everyone for the tinfoils you've donated and if I made someone chuckle,that's even better but I hope that I left just a tiny shadow of doubt into the counter weight of your turret.

And no one prohibits you from testing my theory! :)

Yep because you annoyed WG the rigged the MM for hundreds of other players to make sure you had bad games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users