unfair matchmaking and tinfoil hats

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

LCpl_Jones #1 Posted 02 November 2017 - 08:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10672 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

i'll start be saying no i don't think i am getting an unfair MM, i don't have stats turned on any more to even know, anyway the teams should in theory balance out over the number of games that are played.

the question is: is there a way to compare teams by personal score or wn8 to see if someone is getting an unfair distribution of players ?

WG's rating would probably be better as wn8 isn't the official measurement and it's surely what the MM would use if it did use 'skill' as a parameter . i know neither are perfect as a measurement of skill but we have to work with what we have available, right ?

more just for curiosity and science and to give the tin foil hat wearers the proof they need  :ohmy:  :teethhappy:

jabster #2 Posted 02 November 2017 - 08:20 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12598 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
Baldrickk did create something that looks at your replays. Maybe PM him?

LCpl_Jones #3 Posted 03 November 2017 - 11:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10672 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postjabster, on 02 November 2017 - 08:20 PM, said:

Baldrickk did create something that looks at your replays. Maybe PM him?

might be possible then, i'll PM him see what cunning plan he has 

cragarion #4 Posted 03 November 2017 - 11:33 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 44642 battles

View PostLCpl_Jones, on 02 November 2017 - 08:15 PM, said:

i'll start be saying no i don't think i am getting an unfair MM, i don't have stats turned on any more to even know, anyway the teams should in theory balance out over the number of games that are played.

the question is: is there a way to compare teams by personal score or wn8 to see if someone is getting an unfair distribution of players ?

WG's rating would probably be better as wn8 isn't the official measurement and it's surely what the MM would use if it did use 'skill' as a parameter . i know neither are perfect as a measurement of skill but we have to work with what we have available, right ?

more just for curiosity and science and to give the tin foil hat wearers the proof they need  :ohmy:  :teethhappy:

WG will never use stats in MM for 2 reasons,

1/ Stat padders give false stats just because they play thousands of battles in 1 or 2 tanks to become a uni does not make them a good player,

2/ People who don't give a toss about stats and do stuff that's bad for their stats but good for the team as a whole.

Stats can not be trusted,

also if you check out your own wn8 on each of the different websites you will see it's different on them all, they all use different numbers and colours so which one is actually correct ? none of them, because of the 2 reasons above.

Edited by cragarion, 03 November 2017 - 11:34 PM.

magkiln #5 Posted 04 November 2017 - 10:08 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24856 battles
  • [EKKE] EKKE

View Postcragarion, on 03 November 2017 - 11:33 PM, said:

WG will never use stats in MM for 2 reasons,

1/ Stat padders give false stats just because they play thousands of battles in 1 or 2 tanks to become a uni does not make them a good player,

2/ People who don't give a toss about stats and do stuff that's bad for their stats but good for the team as a whole.

Stats can not be trusted,

also if you check out your own wn8 on each of the different websites you will see it's different on them all, they all use different numbers and colours so which one is actually correct ? none of them, because of the 2 reasons above.

Add a 3rd reason: How are stats determind in the first place?

There is no clear information on how WGs ranking works, but it seems to depend quite a lot on winrate. Unfortunately, unless you're good enough to carry a game by yourself, that depends more on the team than the player. Someone who always platoons with clanmembers gets different results from someone who always plays alone. WN8 is more about damage and kills than about winning, so it is less team-dependent, but it can be padded more easily. (play 10,000 games in a T-127 and watch what happens) I've had months where my winrate steadily dropped whereas my wn8 went up. Does that mean I was improving? Maybe, or maybe I just had bad luck with my teams, but ended up farming some damage, because the rest of the team died before firing a single shot?

tobbetank #6 Posted 04 November 2017 - 11:14 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 43534 battles
  • [_VH_] _VH_
well , my tinfoil theory is that MM already creates asymetric team setups. This gives a shorter battleduration, more "speed" and not so many stalemates. Perfect isnt it! So balanced teams are not an option for more like a 1/3 of battles played.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users