AMX CDA 105 France Tank Destroyers

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

X_Warlock_X #1 Posted 02 November 2017 - 08:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1582 battles

Swift and Stealthy

well , I recently bought AMX CDA 105. I was quite happy as it looks cool n all.

But Found 2 Major Big Problems/Issues very disappointing , that should be really and seriously Fixed in updates -

1)  11 seconds Reload time is very big. it should have been 7 or 8 seconds for it to be a fast sniper.

.The camo , shell velocity is great , but i mean what's the point of sniping if you can't do it bit fast. 11 seconds wait time for Reload is too much.

2)  Sloped Armor should also be fixed in these areas too ,

where it's is ACTUALLY infact slopy in these areas too , if looked carefully , and does not Ricochet/Bounces off the incoming shells.

Even when i use my 8 degrees of Gun Depression thing and position my AMX CDA 105 using the terrain.

Compared to this, the WZ-120-1 G FT which does deflects the incoming shells.

Also , Look The cupola is also slopy infact.

Edited by X_Warlock_X, 02 November 2017 - 08:37 PM.

AliceUnchained #2 Posted 02 November 2017 - 08:45 PM

General

• Player
  • 37820 battles
  • [322] 322

Sure, great accuracy, great aim time, so why not have great reload time too... The point of sniping is that you can accurately hit at long range. Whether able to do that fast or not is not at all related to sniping in the first place. Please get some grasp of the game first, before making suggestions already.

As for your point 2); The slopes exist, they're just not ricochet angle. I don't think you have any clue about basic game mechanics... So that beckons the following question: why are you playing Tier VIII? Or is this simply your fail reroll account?

N.B.. These are not at all big issues in need of any fixing. Next time just post in the relevant vehicle section.

Edited by AliceUnchained, 02 November 2017 - 08:46 PM.

xtram3x #3 Posted 02 November 2017 - 09:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30757 battles
Infact

Balc0ra #4 Posted 02 November 2017 - 09:41 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62806 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Reload time is fine. The gun has 260 pen and a fairly big alpha. And that's more them most tier 8 TD's. That and it's Shell velocity and aim time is 2x faster then just about anything at tier 8 to. And the dispersion is at the top. So you don't want it to be to strong with those aspects. It's a Sniper TD after all. Not an aggressive brawler with bad accuracy and long aim time like the WZ-120-1G

As for the slopes.. It's not a HT tank. When you use your -8, the side armor will have 70 or more degrees indeed. But the marked area around the gun does not. Then again as pointed out above. It's a sniper TD. Not a brawling TD like an Obj 263. If that had 70 degree auto bounce area to when you had max gun depression, I suspect your gun stats would be way worse on it. As then it's a brawler, not a support TD. The WZ-120-1G is the complete opposite. It has more effective armor.  And it's better at brawling, because it's terrible at sniping. As it's shell speed, dispersion and accuracy is way way worse then the 105. And again... you can't have both.

Aikl #5 Posted 02 November 2017 - 09:49 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25141 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

If you had bought the CDC and expected it to be fast, I could understand. It's not that easy to spot the issues with that thing without looking at soft stats. The Cda, however, is describes as follows:

It has a style different than that of the Fochs: a 105mm gun, small profile, and high speed. If you’re a fan of stealthy long-range support vehicles, this TD is a must-have!

'Stealthy long-range support' does not include 'armor'; and 'style different than that of the Fochs' is pretty clear. While it's not explicitly stated that it lacks armor, it plays on what essentially is common 'classes' in role-playing games and decades of computer games. Fast, hits hard, hard to spot = easy to damage if you can shoot it.

Anyway, you might find it easier to play once you gain a proper crew; luckily TDs don't exactly require crews with thousands of battles to perform well. Expect a couple of hundred battles for a fresh crew, however, and a heck of a challenge playing without any crew skills at T8 - not to mention a whole other style of playing than lower tiers (though arguably for the better once you've gotten used to it).

250swb #6 Posted 02 November 2017 - 10:43 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 20795 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
If you don't use a potato crew and mount the correct equipment you can get the reload down to about 9 seconds which is respectable. But of course it's the tank at fault for not putting it all out on a plate for you. At least try to make an effort before whining about something that revolves entirely around your own (poor) decisions.

Edited by 250swb, 02 November 2017 - 10:44 PM.

Aikl #7 Posted 02 November 2017 - 10:52 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25141 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Okay, I'm sorry about my rant above, and would like to offer OP a proven, well-working solution for this issue. It's instant and totally pain-free:

Spoiler

Penzijon3r_2017 #8 Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:07 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4954 battles

View PostX_Warlock_X, on 02 November 2017 - 08:33 PM, said:

Swift and Stealthy

well , I recently bought AMX CDA 105. I was quite happy as it looks cool n all.

But Found 2 Major Big Problems/Issues very disappointing , that should be really and seriously Fixed in updates -

1)  11 seconds Reload time is very big. it should have been 7 or 8 seconds for it to be a fast sniper.

.The camo , shell velocity is great , but i mean what's the point of sniping if you can't do it bit fast. 11 seconds wait time for Reload is too much.

So, tier 8 premium should have cca 3300 dpm? with rammer and bia/premium cons near 4000? Are you drunk?

X_Warlock_X #9 Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:02 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1582 battles

View PostAliceUnchained, on 02 November 2017 - 08:45 PM, said:

Sure, great accuracy, great aim time, so why not have great reload time too... The point of sniping is that you can accurately hit at long range. Whether able to do that fast or not is not at all related to sniping in the first place. Please get some grasp of the game first, before making suggestions already.

As for your point 2); The slopes exist, they're just not ricochet angle. I don't think you have any clue about basic game mechanics... So that beckons the following question: why are you playing Tier VIII? Or is this simply your fail reroll account?

N.B.. These are not at all big issues in need of any fixing. Next time just post in the relevant vehicle section.

well , i know about the "basic game mechanics - armor mechanics " . 

the penetration , effective armor when tank is angled thing too.

You say "they're just not ricochet angle" , well then you might have not looked carefully enough .

The Areas near around gun , They are rather as much slopy to bounce off anything that hits them and deflect it "Sideways ", as the angle is as such.

and since the cupola is slopy too , i feel it should bounce of anything and deflect it just above it , for lower tiers tank shells , not tier X as they have more pen power. it appears approx 60 degrees slope to me on cupola. Not completely Flat there either if you look mate. OR  How much more angle should be exactly a ricochet angle. for it Or atleast it should have had 40%-50% chance of pen there unless the armor is too thin on cupola, for lower tiers tank shells to pen too.

View PostBalc0ra, on 02 November 2017 - 09:41 PM, said:

Reload time is fine. The gun has 260 pen and a fairly big alpha. And that's more them most tier 8 TD's. That and it's Shell velocity and aim time is 2x faster then just about anything at tier 8 to. And the dispersion is at the top. So you don't want it to be to strong with those aspects. It's a Sniper TD after all. Not an aggressive brawler with bad accuracy and long aim time like the WZ-120-1G

As for the slopes.. It's not a HT tank. When you use your -8, the side armor will have 70 or more degrees indeed. But the marked area around the gun does not. Then again as pointed out above. It's a sniper TD. Not a brawling TD like an Obj 263. If that had 70 degree auto bounce area to when you had max gun depression, I suspect your gun stats would be way worse on it. As then it's a brawler, not a support TD. The WZ-120-1G is the complete opposite. It has more effective armor.  And it's better at brawling, because it's terrible at sniping. As it's shell speed, dispersion and accuracy is way way worse then the 105. And again... you can't have both.

well , i happen to be a tier 10 Armored Warfare player too. n May be the TDs in that game are a lot more fast , like 6 seconds Reload and with Ready racks

, aggressive gameplay and aggressive sniping there n all. I come from there to here since i almost unlocked all my tier 10s there, so wanted to have fun with some new tanks here.

Here i found Reload time on WZ-120 1 G FT to be 9 seconds , so thought why not less Reload time than 11 sec on the good looking AMX CDA 105 even when it's a premium TD too and like the way it's advertised as a super sniper , so thought why not a decent good reload time just like WZ-120 1 G FT. Didn't consider roles mate that WZ is meant to be like a brawler and AMX not to be brawler and only long range pure sniper support in tier X especially or semi agressive in lower tiers. 

yeah so there is a Trade-off considering the roles and in the name of Balance.

View Post250swb, on 02 November 2017 - 10:43 PM, said:

If you don't use a potato crew and mount the correct equipment you can get the reload down to about 9 seconds which is respectable. But of course it's the tank at fault for not putting it all out on a plate for you. At least try to make an effort before whining about something that revolves entirely around your own (poor) decisions.

I know that thing too the 9 seconds thing after i train my crews to 121% , n yeah it's respectable.

lol May be i was getting bit more greedy enough for 8 seconds ;) as more treat seems always better for the one who owns the tank.

9 sec that way is okay too. but though i was hoping for a 8 sec party buff for amx , after crew trained.

_gagei_ #10 Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:26 AM

Private

• Player
  • 52152 battles
  • [SUST] SUST
Camo on this tank is really bad. I guess i was almost the first spottetd one in the second line.

AliceUnchained #11 Posted 03 November 2017 - 10:28 AM

General

• Player
  • 37820 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostX_Warlock_X, on 03 November 2017 - 08:02 AM, said:

well , i know about the "basic game mechanics - armor mechanics " . 

the penetration , effective armor when tank is angled thing too.

You say "they're just not ricochet angle" , well then you might have not looked carefully enough .

The Areas near around gun , They are rather as much slopy to bounce off anything that hits them and deflect it "Sideways ", as the angle is as such.

and since the cupola is slopy too , i feel it should bounce of anything and deflect it just above it , for lower tiers tank shells , not tier X as they have more pen power. it appears approx 60 degrees slope to me on cupola. Not completely Flat there either if you look mate. OR  How much more angle should be exactly a ricochet angle. for it Or atleast it should have had 40%-50% chance of pen there unless the armor is too thin on cupola, for lower tiers tank shells to pen too.

What you feel should or should not happen is totally irrelevant. And obviously you missed the crucial bit where it's explained that only 70º impact angle and higher results in ricochet, and below that normalization occurs (5º for standard AP, 2º for premium APCR). Furthermore, no ricochet will occur when gun caliber exceeds nominal armor thickness by a factor 3 (not applicable for AMX though). As for not looking closely enough: I checked everything on tanks.gg. So I do 'feel' I've looked closer than you have.

At 60º slope (or impact angle) the LoS armor is doubled in thickness. But due to normalization at 5º (for standard AP rounds) you lose about 12,5% of that LoS armor. Moving on, part of the cupola is only about 30º straight on, the bar just below it is about 50º, and the entire front superstructure glacis is at 62º to 69º obliquity more or less. I get a maximum of 69,4º in some small areas. Whether this is Wargaming being highly accurate, or it's their usual shenanigans I honestly can't tell. The lower part is 70 mm nominal thickness, upper part 100 mm. You can achieve ricochet angles when getting the nose up, or when in a higher position (and using that gun depression ideally). But even then the cupula and the bar below it remain weak spots.

So anything else you need to be educated about?

tajj7 #12 Posted 03 November 2017 - 10:55 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 24373 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Did you not read/watch any reviews on this tank beforehand? All of this would have been explained.

Also a 7 second base reload for 390 alpha would be over 3.3k base DPM, almost as high as the Strv 103B,a tier 10 TD and the clear highest DPM of any tier 8.  Even an 8s reload would be the highest DPM of any tier 8 tank, in line with the best 390 alpha tier 10 meds and 390 alpha on tier 8 is much better than on tier 10. 

Also having a reload of around 9-10s works well for a sniper tank because if you get spotted you drop of the spot after about 10s, so you'll drop your spot between reloads and be able to pop up again unspotted before you fire. 

magkiln #13 Posted 03 November 2017 - 11:17 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21948 battles
  • [EKKE] EKKE

For G***s sake. It has great mobility, good stealth and a gun that is accurate, pens, and does good damage. What more do you want?

Of course the front doesn't bounce all that often. It's not supposed to. Despite the name, this is a sniper/ambusher. Not an assault gun. Forget about the sloping. The whole idea is to stay hidden and run when you get spotted.

Think of it as a really big Stug and play it like that.

qpranger #14 Posted 03 November 2017 - 11:34 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 30735 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
It should get Defender armour.

magkiln #15 Posted 03 November 2017 - 02:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21948 battles
  • [EKKE] EKKE

View Postqpranger, on 03 November 2017 - 11:34 AM, said:

And a turret.

Jam_in_a_Tank #16 Posted 03 November 2017 - 02:32 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 14885 battles

Marking that tank was one , if not the most profit making, enjoyable i can say and kinda tricky to play. 

Being honest i liked it, now it sits there in garage and once every while i will play for some credits.

Decent tank, not the best, not the worst.   

_EXODUZ_ #17 Posted 03 November 2017 - 02:42 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34165 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostJam_in_a_Tank, on 03 November 2017 - 02:32 PM, said:

blablabla

Why did you stop streaming mate?

Jam_in_a_Tank #18 Posted 03 November 2017 - 03:27 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 14885 battles

View Post_EXODUZ_, on 03 November 2017 - 02:42 PM, said:

Why did you stop streaming mate?

Moved to a new house and i do not have enough internet to stream even on 480p :/ i am near to find a solution tho, doing my best to come back :)

Edited by Jam_in_a_Tank, 03 November 2017 - 03:27 PM.

250swb #19 Posted 03 November 2017 - 03:43 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 20795 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Post_gagei_, on 03 November 2017 - 08:26 AM, said:

Camo on this tank is really bad. I guess i was almost the first spottetd one in the second line.

You have got to be kidding? I have three tier VIII TD's that are currently set up in very similar ways and with very similar crews, and without camo nets the CDa has 44% camo stationary, the WZ120 45%, and Borsig 44%. The CDa has a similar camo value compared to a Borsig, and with the gun depression the CDa offers a much smaller profile than either. Stick a camo net on and you are getting into the realm of invisibility until they fire.

Edited by 250swb, 03 November 2017 - 03:43 PM.

Penzijon3r_2017 #20 Posted 03 November 2017 - 04:00 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4954 battles

View Postqpranger, on 03 November 2017 - 11:34 AM, said:

and radar that can track F-35

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users