• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

ConductiveMetal #1 Posted 03 November 2017 - 10:45 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 43077 battles
  • [FOC-D] FOC-D

My problem is the following.

I lost pleasure in playing tier 10 tanks. The mm is just horrible, 90% of the time being stuck on 1-tier battles only. At least half of the people there use the number 2 key and auto-aim. 

I dunno, just doesn't feel right, no more joy... fun factor died for me.

I like tanks up to tier 9, but that's about it. I had fun playing Maus and 121, etc, though that was in the past. Randoms are not what they used to be. Sincerely, I'd rather play the game how it used to be at the beginning, when mm was +5/-5.

I've got around ten tier 10 tanks, and the value of them reaches 45.940.276 credits. Quite a lot, thinking what you could buy with all that. I have perma-paintjobs on most of them - again, I liked them before the game got how it is now, so I decided to paint them.

I was just thinking to sell them or to reset my stats.

Anyone got any advices?

I'd appreciate the help. Thank you!

Erwin_Von_Braun #2 Posted 03 November 2017 - 10:50 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 39208 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Sell what you don't enjoy playing :)

Don't re-roll, unless the mindless adulation of strangers appeals to you ;)

TheDrownedApe #3 Posted 03 November 2017 - 10:58 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 44820 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

Dude tier 10 game paly can be awful at times, like SH but without the banter. I find that tier 9 is the sweet spot for me as you get a few tier 10s but never just one tier and even then there are fewer HUGE alpha tanks.

i only ever sold one tier 10, the Waffle E100 and i eventually bought it back (actually i rage sold the 215B but bought that back too).

my advice as someone who has played, started a new, and come back; Just persevere and find that game mode that keeps your interest. I went back to tier 6/7, decided to 3 mark some tanks, then decided to try and improve myself to join better clan etc. But starting a new account just got boring and i eventually came back

Edited by Drownape, 03 November 2017 - 11:06 PM.

commer #4 Posted 03 November 2017 - 11:18 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38250 battles

View PostMetalMob, on 03 November 2017 - 10:45 PM, said:

My problem is the following.

I lost pleasure in playing tier 10 tanks. The mm is just horrible, 90% of the time being stuck on 1-tier battles only. At least half of the people there use the number 2 key and auto-aim. 

I dunno, just doesn't feel right, no more joy... fun factor died for me.

I like tanks up to tier 9, but that's about it. I had fun playing Maus and 121, etc, though that was in the past. Randoms are not what they used to be. Sincerely, I'd rather play the game how it used to be at the beginning, when mm was +5/-5.

I've got around ten tier 10 tanks, and the value of them reaches 45.940.276 credits. Quite a lot, thinking what you could buy with all that. I have perma-paintjobs on most of them - again, I liked them before the game got how it is now, so I decided to paint them.

I was just thinking to sell them or to reset my stats.

Anyone got any advices?

I'd appreciate the help. Thank you!

If t10 tanks autoaim at your tank they will bounce, even 420mm jpze100 heat will bounce when badly aimed.

fnaves_POR #5 Posted 03 November 2017 - 11:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 63981 battles

my advice never sell a tier X you will miss it later and you loose credits

it's easy to grind low tiers

Edited by fnaves_POR, 03 November 2017 - 11:24 PM.

ConductiveMetal #6 Posted 03 November 2017 - 11:52 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 43077 battles
  • [FOC-D] FOC-D
So you're basically saying to keep stuff you don't use anymore... you sound like my old grandpa... "keep this and that, you might never know when you need it" :P

Havenless #7 Posted 04 November 2017 - 12:10 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 454 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

So basically what you're asking for is tier 8 tanks to farm without any effort because you can't beat enemies on a level playing field? I'm sorry to put it this way but if you want to "solve" your problems at tier 10 would be to add more deadweight tanks just for you to farm the chances are you're just making too many mistakes.

Tier 10 takes some time to get used to and you shouldn't give up. However you have to realize that the meta is quite different and you have tanks with hyper high alpha damage, 3k hitpoints and retarded amounts of armor. There are also so many autoloaders at tier 10 that are happy to clip if you're caught with your pants down. You also have to realize that tier 10 arty is the worst disease ever seen in the game with very long stuns, atom bomb splash radius and possibly even an autoloader. Playing aggressively is typically wrong at tier 10 because one camping TD bot can hit you for 4 digits, and you have plenty of those because tier 10 has its fair share of bot level players who don't want to learn the game but want to do a bit of damage. These things mean that you're best off just taking a nice farming position. This applies to even heavy tanks. Playing aggressively at tier 10 is just plain bad because there are so many broken elements.

This doesn't mean I am telling you to camp base, a lot of the TD/arty bots do this and it's not a way to win games because they don't do any early damage. Early damage is the most important damage because even most 15-3 battles start from one team cheaply losing a couple of tanks and map control, and then playing against the odds for the rest of the game. The goal is to do early damage and fight for map control while avoiding arties/TDs and not locking yourself down to one area.

If you want my prediction I think you aren't really considering the absurd amounts of damage tier 10 autoloaders, arties and TDs do and are making too early commitments and/or aggressive plays. I initially struggled with tier 10 because I tried to play the game too aggressively which just too often put me into situations where I allowed a much worse enemy player to gain on me by playing one of the broken tanks. You know, the autoloader making a retarded rush and throwing his tank away while ruining your game in the process and eventually the arty bots of the enemy team would splash me to death. This is what you want to avoid.

Edited by Havenless, 04 November 2017 - 12:17 AM.

Derethim #8 Posted 04 November 2017 - 12:48 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17840 battles

View PostMetalMob, on 03 November 2017 - 11:52 PM, said:

So you're basically saying to keep stuff you don't use anymore... you sound like my old grandpa... "keep this and that, you might never know when you need it" :P

Yup, but it pays off even in games! Your grandpa is right :D

I ragesold all of my gift tanks back in 2014, when the 122mm KV-1s problem became so bad, you basically had 6 KV-1s per team every tier VI and VII match.

I came back bored after a year and like the game quite a bit, until they introduced the jap heavies, but it's still playable. I regret selling my T1E6 and M3 Light especially... damn I miss the tanks.

Keep your tier X tanks and DO. NOT. REROLL. Please.

ConductiveMetal #9 Posted 04 November 2017 - 01:56 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 43077 battles
  • [FOC-D] FOC-D

Havenless - I do hope that's not your only account. And I do hope you got a personal life... since you wrote the whole wiki for tier 10 there... not helpful... ohh, and I dunno if I should be insulted from how you started that reply, but I'll ignore it, since I'm a good guy. ^^

Derethim - I won't reroll... seems like a waste of the time and effort I put in the game to reach where I am. But the fact that I don't like playing t10 as much as I do playing my Tiger I or... I dunno, Dicker Max, IS-3, etc.... still stands.

P.S.: I don't really like auto-loader tanks. The only one I liked playing was T71. I've got BC 25t sitting in my garage for nothing... never enjoyed that tank... Same goes for the T57h, didn't like it at all, I sold it.

Gtidriver38 #10 Posted 04 November 2017 - 08:43 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 46038 battles

Just sell a couple of your tier 10's, and buy some tier 9's. No need to sell them all.

kaneloon #11 Posted 04 November 2017 - 09:10 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28753 battles
  • [OBLIC] OBLIC

True that tiers 9 has now the easiest battles : tiers 10 gun, often top tiers, never really bottom tiers, less gold rounds, less tiers 10 platoons of unicums.

Tiers 7 nice too, because you never cross tiers 10.

And when everything goes wrong, get the kv2 or bt7 arty and the sun suddenly shines :)

Edited by kaneloon, 04 November 2017 - 09:14 AM.

ConductiveMetal #12 Posted 04 November 2017 - 09:47 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 43077 battles
  • [FOC-D] FOC-D

View PostGtidriver38, on 04 November 2017 - 10:43 AM, said:

Just sell a couple of your tier 10's, and buy some tier 9's. No need to sell them all.

I'm thinking of selling them all... this morning my first game was a 4.5k dmg in 113 and lost... 2nd game, over 2k on everything with 62A and lost... 3rd game couldn't even cross the field in siegfried with a heavy, because our lights decided to camp behind arty... (though that kind of stuff you can encounter at any tier :P;) )

Thejagdpanther #13 Posted 04 November 2017 - 11:03 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34974 battles
  • [TKBS] TKBS

Maybe sell SOME of them (the ones that you hate the most) and retrain the crews for other tanks of other tiers.

Totally agree about current state of mm tierX, some monotier games are nice and add diversity, but play always mono is boring and sensless.

THE_JACK_OF_HEARTS #14 Posted 04 November 2017 - 02:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9514 battles
this is an I WANT attention post by OP.

Havenless #15 Posted 04 November 2017 - 02:33 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 454 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostMetalMob, on 04 November 2017 - 03:56 AM, said:

Havenless - I do hope that's not your only account. And I do hope you got a personal life... since you wrote the whole wiki for tier 10 there... not helpful... ohh, and I dunno if I should be insulted from how you started that reply, but I'll ignore it, since I'm a good guy. ^^

Derethim - I won't reroll... seems like a waste of the time and effort I put in the game to reach where I am. But the fact that I don't like playing t10 as much as I do playing my Tiger I or... I dunno, Dicker Max, IS-3, etc.... still stands.

P.S.: I don't really like auto-loader tanks. The only one I liked playing was T71. I've got BC 25t sitting in my garage for nothing... never enjoyed that tank... Same goes for the T57h, didn't like it at all, I sold it.

Yeah, first you write a long whine thread about failing at tier 10 and then when someone writes a genuinely helpful post and points out that the problem might be you and tells you what you're probably doing wrong, you get butthurt. Adding tier 5 tanks into tier 10 battles would clearly be a better solution than you having to learn to play. Let's do it, because adding Panthers, T-150s or ELCs would definitely fix all that's wrong with tier 10.

Edited by Havenless, 04 November 2017 - 02:34 PM.

Poerhis #16 Posted 04 November 2017 - 04:11 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 17036 battles
  • [SIKA] SIKA
Dude. Havenless was extremely informative and correct with his post. Even more than would have been necessary, as your original post had a huge amount of typical baits people like to flame others about.

ConductiveMetal #17 Posted 04 November 2017 - 04:45 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 43077 battles
  • [FOC-D] FOC-D

View PostTHE_JACK_OF_HEARTS, on 04 November 2017 - 04:14 PM, said:

this is an I WANT attention post by OP.

Yes, yes. It is how you said it. ^^ Whatever floats you boat.

And as for the dude with no history of playing the game... Informative to what, whom, when, how ?? I just said something simple and this dude starts with an offensive post and then he types all that stuff that doesn't really help anyone. Wow, I'm just... wow...

Long whine thread? Really? "Have you looked in the mirror recently?" should be the perfect line here... ohh, and the last time I checked, my stick was in front... so I don't see any connection to the "butthurt" thing... maybe you have a fixation on those things... I dunno, don't care.

I described my situation and I asked for advice... You can't just post something simple like a normal person, can't you? ^^

vixu #18 Posted 04 November 2017 - 05:22 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 43122 battles

no need to sell them unless you need credits

no need to play them if you don't enjoy it

For me, I run w/o prem account for a while and when I will finish grinding tech trees, I will play at most t8s. 

Bucifel #19 Posted 04 November 2017 - 06:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32430 battles
  • [B4DD] B4DD
keep them for events, CW, SH or even tournaments...dont sell what you bought.

Anxter_ #20 Posted 04 November 2017 - 06:15 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 26608 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
If I was struggling to get 2k DPG at tier 10 I'd ragesell all my tier 10s and quit the game tbh. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users