Low on credits - time to spam premiums. Help me choose which one!

100 games pay-to-win gender neutrality men can give birth too $$$ arty is jizz

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Poll: 100 games challenge (94 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Which tank to play?

1. WZ-120-1-G FT (Tier 8 Chinese TD) (23 votes [17.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.29%

2. T-44-100 (Tier 8 Russian medium) (5 votes [3.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.76%

3. IS-6 (Tier 8 Russian PMM heavy) (5 votes [3.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.76%

4. T-34-3 (Tier 8 Chinese PMM medium) (9 votes [6.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.77%

5. Lorraine 40t (Tier 8 French medium) (27 votes [20.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.30%

6. Löwe (Tier 8 German heavy) (31 votes [23.31%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.31%

7. VK 45.03 (Tier 7 German heavy) (7 votes [5.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.26%

8. Panther M10 (Tier 7 German PMM medium) also traitor tank (9 votes [6.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.77%

9. Something else (17 votes [12.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.78%

Vote Hide poll

Havenless #1 Posted 04 November 2017 - 03:30 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 413 battles

It's that time of the month again. We all need more money. There's always a new credit sink(like the FV215B that cost my last savings...) and some changes to the game, most notably the overbuffing of armor, has made high tiers expensive to play so I'm again looking to raise another few millions that I can burn playing tier 10 or buying some useless turd that I am supposed to grind though but just can't bear to do so. I'm looking at you Type 4 Heavy... Anyway, tanking has gotten expensive and I no longer even get to enjoy the credit boosts. I'd love to say "my clan has turned into an imbred circlejerk of trolls with a distasteful sense of humor" but that has really always been the case. However, the circlejerk has gotten inactive and I no longer get to leech credits off them. I either have to live without free credit boosts or would have to change clans. [edited] my life.

For now, I have to grind my credits and to make it a little bit more interesting I'll allow others to choose what I will play. The tanks will be tier 7-8. I will play the minimum of 100 battles with the chosen tank, with at least 80% of the games being solo. Might even be full 100% solo but if I feel like platooning a little bit, I'll do it. I will try to find a good balance between performance and profitability which means I will shoot gold when needed and use food if the tank benefits from it noticeably, but won't take this to the extent where I stop making credits. Performance is more important to me than credits, but the point of playing tier 8 premiums is to make credits so I am trying to do well in both fronts. There is no time limit but I don't expect this to take more than a couple of weeks at most.

In the end of the 100 games(or more if I still feel like playing the tank) I will review the tank and analyze whether it's worth playing/buying. For this to have some educational value, I would prefer to focus on tanks that are either new or ones that have recently gone through changes. Or maybe just old and forgotten tanks. I wrote a list of suitable tanks but the reason why I'm even awake at this hour is because I'm a very poor sleeper and have had an even worse day in that front so I'll probably forget a relevant tank or two.

Either way, here's the list:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Option #1: WZ-120-1G FT: I hope I got the name right. The sneaky tier 8 Chinese premium TD with 440 alpha, high DPM, high pen, a derpy gun with no turret that also combines good camo and view range.

Option #2: T-44-100: This is effectively the "go to hell" option and I expect it to get a fair amount of votes just so I can be seen suffering in a tier 8 medium with normal matchmaking. I was reluctant to add this because I loathe tier 8 mediums and hate playing bad tanks with low alpha but felt I had to add at least one complete [edited]ter. The review of this tank is likely going to result in at least 1 warning point so if you want to see me banned, this is your best bet.

Option #3: IS-6: I included the old Russian dawg because it still keeps being brought up in a lot of debates in spite of its reputation of being "useless". Preferential matchmaking tanks took a noticeable blow with the new 3-5-7 template and spend quite a lot of time fighting against same tier/one tier higher tanks. It was definitely a slap on the face of the PMM tanks. However, after playing KV-5 some last month I am not convinced that PMM tanks got the worst of it. Have you guys tried tier 8 normal matchmaking? It's even worse. I think it's better to have an awkward tank that needs some gold shells but doesn't see tier 10 than spend your whole life fighting against tier 9-10 tanks, being useless and still probably shooting some gold.

Option #4: T-34-3: Same as above. Old PMM tank that requires a fair share of gold shells. It was recently HDed and its armor was buffed to Type 59 levels. Whether it's competitive or not, I don't know. Vote for it if you want to find out.

Option #5: Lorraine 40t: In my opinion this is the only tier 8 medium with normal matchmaking that's worth buying. It's got burst damage and a decent gun, although it's effectively a glass cannon without armor or hitpoints. It's more or less a tier 8 version of AMX 50B with less gun depression and without a bouncy hull... and yeah, one that spends most of its time being a bottom feeder. Then again it's better to be bottom tier with good burst damage and 230 penetration than one with 240-250 alpha and 200 penetration.

Option #6: Löwe: For a long time this tank was an overpriced bot magnet that was only redeemed by its good credit making potential. This is the tank that a new player buys after 5 games when he "wants to play the invincible Tiger II" and this tank "kind of" looks like one if you're biased enough. Wargaming could've adopted a bot detection strategy years ago by simply banning everyone who had both Löwe and E100 on their account, and we would probably have no bots remaining in the game. Then the tank was buffed some time ago and now it's a strong, well balanced tier 8. The only downside really is that it's a tier 8 tank.

Option #7: VK 45.03: The first tier 7 of the list, one of my favorites and probably the best non-tier 8 moneymaker in the game. Players bash it for being "an overpriced, bad Tiger I" but it just shows they haven't played it. It's more expensive than most tier 8 mediums, but it's also a much better tank. It has less DPM than a Tiger I, but it's better at more or less everything else and it hits snap shots far more reliabily. Super reliable gun, good penetration and a workable platform with a little bit of armor, good gun depression and goodish view range. It is quite slow though, but it's a good heavy in a tier in which heavies are brilliant.

Option #8: Panther M10: The other tier 7 tank of the list, this thing has turned into quite a beast with the gun handling buff. This is basically a Panther with bad penetration, much worse view range but better gun handling. It does not see tier 9 though which makes it much better. Since this is a Panther tank that people love to drool over that is also affordable and competitive, maybe someone is interested in it.

Option #9: Something else. As long as you're not forum banned you're free to suggest a tank by just posting what you want me to play. Ideally this is done early on so I can add it as a poll option before it's too late. In a few days a vast majority of the players who have any interest in this topic at all have will have cast their votes and it will be pointless to add new tanks. Ideally I would also own the tank in question. I do not own a Defender, Primo Victoria or AMX CDA 105. While interesting, I cannot play these tanks unless someone buys me one. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Hope that's enough to choose from. I'll add a poll and try to remember to make it so people can't vote for everything. Have fun voting and from an educational perspective I kindly ask everyone to vote for the tank they genuinely find the most interesting. I can imagine the fun of making someone play the T-44-100 but maybe you want to go for the tank you were thinking of buying instead. I'm at least trying to cover my arse here, because soon it might be too late...

Alright, everyone can vote for up to 2 tanks. Let's do this.

Edited by Havenless, 04 November 2017 - 03:34 AM.

ExclamationMark #2 Posted 04 November 2017 - 03:38 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16679 battles

whhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

did you make such a long post for this

:mellow:

Havenless #3 Posted 04 November 2017 - 03:42 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 413 battles

View PostExclamationMark, on 04 November 2017 - 05:38 AM, said:

whhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

did you make such a long post for this

:mellow:

I get a few free bumps when someone always complains about the length of the post. Works every time.

Edited by Havenless, 04 November 2017 - 04:15 PM.

shane73tank #4 Posted 04 November 2017 - 09:28 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26319 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

Vk4503 also has t8 credit multiplier 

is6 still makes mula 

skorp g ? Doesn't that thing crap credits 

Pansenmann #5 Posted 04 November 2017 - 09:36 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33268 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I'd chose something with decent penetration with standard ammo

or huge alpha and as low shell cost as possible to maximize profit.

Enforcer1975 #6 Posted 04 November 2017 - 11:49 AM

General

• Player
  • 18425 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
300 games....one tier 8 premium and one tier 5 premium. The last thing you need is another one when you already run out of money with two.

Strappster #7 Posted 04 November 2017 - 12:54 PM

General

• Player
  • 23602 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
T-34-3 because I think it's a great looking tank, even if the HD model doesn't quite match milkym4n's one. And something else - the CDC because if you think you'd suffer with the T-44-100, try it without any armour and crap gun handling. :)

Jumping_Turtle #8 Posted 04 November 2017 - 01:14 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 58583 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT
As long as it's a T8 TD you're fine. Still getting the best matchmaking with T8 tankdestroyers.

xx984 #9 Posted 04 November 2017 - 01:20 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 50878 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN
Lowe, 100% That thing shits credits. Top tier its fantastic. Mid tier its fantastic and its still great in tier 10. Can even crapon tier 10 heavies with almost 300 pen apcr and still make 80k a game. Its in a better place than ever with all the buffs that it had semi-recently as well. I much prefer my Lowe over tanks like Liberte or patriot, and it can crapon defenders as well.

Aikl #10 Posted 04 November 2017 - 01:35 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25141 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Löwe and Panther/M10. Both can kind of fend for themselves in some way.

Question is... are 'damage farm losses' preferable to shitty wins? Smells like TDs to me. :P

Derethim #11 Posted 04 November 2017 - 01:54 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16426 battles

I'd go VK, it's not that common, it's not tier VIII, it's not OP, but neither bad and it has tier VIII credit multiplier.

Seems like a nice tonk to me.

Otherwise the Lorrrrrrr

SlyMeerkat #12 Posted 04 November 2017 - 02:09 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15017 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
I choose the Lowe but really it all depends on your kind of play style as all these tanks can make a decent profit when played correctly

Havenless #13 Posted 04 November 2017 - 02:11 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 413 battles

View Postshane73tank, on 04 November 2017 - 11:28 AM, said:

Vk4503 also has t8 credit multiplier 

is6 still makes mula 

skorp g ? Doesn't that thing crap credits 

I left Skorpion G out intentionally because I think it's just a tank everyone already knows everything about. It's already been around for a year without any noticeable changes, it's been sold a million times and there are so many reviews of it. I also left out Patriot for the same reason.

View PostAikl, on 04 November 2017 - 03:35 PM, said:

Löwe and Panther/M10. Both can kind of fend for themselves in some way.

Question is... are 'damage farm losses' preferable to shitty wins? Smells like TDs to me. :P

I typically prefer a good balance of wins and damage. I'll try to play the relevant areas and be as useful as possible but if I'm a bottom tier tank in a team with awful top/mid tiers and the cause is already lost when none of them is doing anything useful, I usually just resign to farm a few shots of damage. But not going full "im td". Not this time.

Also you voted for T-44-100 so I'm removing you from the friends list you [edited]. I also urge you to uninstall the game.

View PostStrappster, on 04 November 2017 - 02:54 PM, said:

T-34-3 because I think it's a great looking tank, even if the HD model doesn't quite match milkym4n's one. And something else - the CDC because if you think you'd suffer with the T-44-100, try it without any armour and crap gun handling. :)

CDC is already sold, just like Panther 8,8, Mod 1 and STA-2. I've largely given up on the tier 8 normal matchmaking mediums. They're bad and would require absolutely massive buffs while the ones they've been receiving are irrelevant and moving them from "completely unplayable" to only "borderline unplayable" for a couple of patches until the power creep puts them back to "completely unplayable". T-44-100 is handy because I've already sold it but can rebuy it because it's not a tech tree tank.

T-34-3 gets lots of bashing but if you give me a PMM tank with 390 alpha I'm perfectly fine with it.

View Postxx984, on 04 November 2017 - 03:20 PM, said:

Lowe, 100% That thing shits credits. Top tier its fantastic. Mid tier its fantastic and its still great in tier 10. Can even crapon tier 10 heavies with almost 300 pen apcr and still make 80k a game. Its in a better place than ever with all the buffs that it had semi-recently as well. I much prefer my Lowe over tanks like Liberte or patriot, and it can crapon defenders as well.

Yeah, I'm quite fond of Löwe myself. In 9.18 when I bought it(or rather traded in for), it was my best performing tier 8 and it took me mere 80 games to triple mark it. Now it has slightly fallen because 9.19 changed the matchmaking into more bottom tier games but it still remains my "go-to" heavy of tier 8 that I also play in team battles. But remember, you lot decide what I play. I would like to thank you and everyone except those who voted for T-44-100.

View PostSlyMeerkat, on 04 November 2017 - 04:09 PM, said:

I choose the Lowe but really it all depends on your kind of play style as all these tanks can make a decent profit when played correctly

No no, you guys decide which one you find the most interesting. Not me. Thanks for the vote.

Edited by Havenless, 04 November 2017 - 02:20 PM.

Aikl #14 Posted 04 November 2017 - 02:15 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25141 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostHavenless, on 04 November 2017 - 01:11 PM, said:

(...)

Also you voted for T-44-100 so I'm removing you from the friends list you [edited]. I also urge you to uninstall the game.

(...)

:trollface:

I think you're [edited]-proof at this point. Anyway, reviewing the T-44-100 would be doing many people a solid, as it's the most expensive T8 premium without anything particular going for it. A scathing review would be helpful for anyone googling the tank. Spamming a thread enough tends to bump it up on the Google search results too.

Havenless #15 Posted 04 November 2017 - 02:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 413 battles

View PostAikl, on 04 November 2017 - 04:15 PM, said:

:trollface:

I think you're [edited]-proof at this point. Anyway, reviewing the T-44-100 would be doing many people a solid, as it's the most expensive T8 premium without anything particular going for it. A scathing review would be helpful for anyone googling the tank. Spamming a thread enough tends to bump it up on the Google search results too.

That's a fair point tbh. I'm going to die for the others' sins and people will write a book and start a religion.

Edited by Havenless, 04 November 2017 - 02:22 PM.

Aikl #16 Posted 04 November 2017 - 02:24 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25141 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostHavenless, on 04 November 2017 - 01:18 PM, said:

That's a fair point tbh.

As a bonus I'll join you in the 'spam shitty T8 medium' crusade, and write a review. Probably on the STA-2, people claim it's one of the best T8 meds. :P

Edited by Aikl, 04 November 2017 - 02:25 PM.

Strappster #17 Posted 04 November 2017 - 02:35 PM

General

• Player
  • 23602 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostAikl, on 04 November 2017 - 01:24 PM, said:

As a bonus I'll join you in the 'spam shitty T8 medium' crusade, and write a review. Probably on the STA-2, people claim it's one of the best T8 meds.

It is. Which should help to explain the issues with tier 8 c.240-alpha mediums.

250swb #18 Posted 04 November 2017 - 02:52 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 20795 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I chose the Lowe and the WZ120. The WZ120 because it is solid TD, but it can also brawl and out turn many medium tanks. And then the Lowe because you don't have to worry about what type of ammo you use, it can still make very healthy profits shooting premium if necessary, so MM can be compensated for.

Havenless #19 Posted 04 November 2017 - 07:15 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 413 battles

View PostAikl, on 04 November 2017 - 04:24 PM, said:

As a bonus I'll join you in the 'spam shitty T8 medium' crusade, and write a review. Probably on the STA-2, people claim it's one of the best T8 meds. :P

I'm not making the choice though, I'll only play T-44-100 if there are enough [edited]s like you who vote for it. We shall see...

FluffyRedFox #20 Posted 04 November 2017 - 07:22 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21564 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

I had a session today of 3x platooning pref.MM tier 8s with me being in a T-34-3.

It was painful.

I'd go with either Lowe or WZ-120-1, full MM tanks that can at least somewhat useful in tier X games

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users