Jump to content


Bonds as reward in Clan Wars ?!


  • Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Etre_ #1 Posted 04 November 2017 - 04:14 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 50949 battles
  • 1,305
  • [WEBOB] WEBOB
  • Member since:
    04-21-2014

So, a new campaign is about to start. Not interested much but I start reading anyway, lets see what this is about.

 

Quote:

Vehicles for Bonds:

  • Some players (top 11000 on the personal leaderboard) will be able to exchange Bonds for one of the five Tier X vehicles that were previously available (М60, VK72.01 K, Object 907, Т96Е6, 121B). In this case, all currently available bonds can be used (not only bonds that were earned during the event).
  • This possibility will be available for a limited time after the end of the event. Players (who are interested in the vehicles) will be able to receive the desired vehicle for their collection, while other players will be able to spend the earned bonds otherwise.

 

Wait what !?!? 

... not only bonds that were earned during the event.

 

You must be joking WG ! Really now. I'm grinding bonds few at a time in randoms and you plan to hand them in clan wars ?! 


Edited by Etre_, 04 November 2017 - 04:15 PM.


somegras #2 Posted 04 November 2017 - 04:24 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 48499 battles
  • 8,703
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    09-04-2013
And the issue is what exactly?

Etre_ #3 Posted 04 November 2017 - 04:33 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 50949 battles
  • 1,305
  • [WEBOB] WEBOB
  • Member since:
    04-21-2014

View Postsomegras, on 04 November 2017 - 04:24 PM, said:

And the issue is what exactly?

 

You should get the tanks (edit: and camos) or nothing ! You don't deserve an advantage.

 

Why force people playing a crap mod ?


Edited by Etre_, 04 November 2017 - 04:35 PM.


ExclamationMark #4 Posted 04 November 2017 - 04:39 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 16679 battles
  • 3,727
  • Member since:
    04-12-2013
what a highly intelligent person.

DuncaN_101 #5 Posted 04 November 2017 - 04:41 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 52756 battles
  • 1,739
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
  • Member since:
    07-29-2011
Just because you don't like CW... Doesn't mean other people can't like and have it

somegras #6 Posted 04 November 2017 - 04:41 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 48499 battles
  • 8,703
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    09-04-2013

View PostEtre_, on 04 November 2017 - 04:33 PM, said:

 

You should get the tanks (edit: and camos) or nothing ! You don't deserve an advantage.

 

Why force people playing a crap mod ?

 

It is actually a really good move by WG. You earn bonds in teh campaign and then turn them in for a reward tank. This way even players who have all the award tanks or aren't interested in one have a reason to play. If you are that desperate for bonds play some of the campaign yourself. WG doesn't care if you like to play CW or not.

brumbarr #7 Posted 04 November 2017 - 04:46 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38626 battles
  • 6,326
  • Member since:
    07-30-2012
You pretend like CW players actually want this stuff, nope, we never asked for bonds,we just want a NEW reward tank.

Not to mention we have to choose between bonds or a reward tank, which is fucked up.

Etre_ #8 Posted 04 November 2017 - 04:50 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 50949 battles
  • 1,305
  • [WEBOB] WEBOB
  • Member since:
    04-21-2014

View Postsomegras, on 04 November 2017 - 04:41 PM, said:

 

It is actually a really good move by WG. You earn bonds in teh campaign and then turn them in for a reward tank. This way even players who have all the award tanks or aren't interested in one have a reason to play. If you are that desperate for bonds play some of the campaign yourself. WG doesn't care if you like to play CW or not.

 

No, is dumb move. I have no interest in CW. That is a nightmare. All the tension and drama, everyone getting nervous over some stupid ranking, making it to the first 11000.

 

Clan wars are toxic. Clans could actually be nice if not for all the negativity steaming from competitions. I have 0 interest in putting up with the acne induced rage of the most clan commanders. 


Edited by Etre_, 04 November 2017 - 04:54 PM.


somegras #9 Posted 04 November 2017 - 05:06 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 48499 battles
  • 8,703
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    09-04-2013

View PostEtre_, on 04 November 2017 - 04:50 PM, said:

 

No, is dumb move. I have no interest in CW. That is a nightmare. All the tension and drama, everyone getting nervous over some stupid ranking, making it to the first 11000.

 

Clan wars are toxic. Clans could actually be nice if not for all the negativity steaming from competitions. I have 0 interest in putting up with the acne induced rage of the most clan commanders. 

 

That is your personal problem, not a problem with WGs way of rewarding players in this CW season. Just because YOU dislike playing CW doesn't mean nobody else is allowed to earn bonds in CW. What is the difference between bonds and a reward tank anyway? You are being just as petty as those players who keep whining that T10 reward tanks should be purchable.

Tidal_Force #10 Posted 04 November 2017 - 05:11 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 16192 battles
  • 6,826
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    08-29-2012

View Postsomegras, on 04 November 2017 - 04:06 PM, said:

 

That is your personal problem, not a problem with WGs way of rewarding players in this CW season. Just because YOU dislike playing CW doesn't mean nobody else is allowed to earn bonds in CW. What is the difference between bonds and a reward tank anyway? You are being just as petty as those players who keep whining that T10 reward tanks should be purchable.

 

Oh, don't worry. Reward tanks will be purchasable. In a way. I'm pretty sure that amount of bonds one can get during campaign won't actually be enough to purchase tank, prompting WG to solve the problem by offering bonds in premium shop, all while pretending to have no idea what all the complaining is about.

somegras #11 Posted 04 November 2017 - 05:13 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 48499 battles
  • 8,703
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    09-04-2013

View PostTidal_Force, on 04 November 2017 - 05:11 PM, said:

Oh, don't worry. Reward tanks will be purchasable. In a way. I'm pretty sure that amount of bonds one can get during campaign won't actually be enough to purchase tank, prompting WG to solve the problem by offering bonds in premium shop, all while pretending to have no idea what all the complaining is about.

 

I don't agree. The amount of bonds earned will most likely be enough to buy a tank and maybe even a piece of enhanced equipment. Such a pessimistic outlook is not feasible IMO. WG might not be the brightest company at times, but they aren't that desperate.

Tidal_Force #12 Posted 04 November 2017 - 05:19 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 16192 battles
  • 6,826
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    08-29-2012

View Postsomegras, on 04 November 2017 - 04:13 PM, said:

 

I don't agree. The amount of bonds earned will most likely be enough to buy a tank and maybe even a piece of enhanced equipment. Such a pessimistic outlook is not feasible IMO. WG might not be the brightest company at times, but they aren't that desperate.

 

They already did that. Remember first IS5 campaign?

Etre_ #13 Posted 04 November 2017 - 05:19 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 50949 battles
  • 1,305
  • [WEBOB] WEBOB
  • Member since:
    04-21-2014

View Postsomegras, on 04 November 2017 - 05:06 PM, said:

 

That is your personal problem, not a problem with WGs way of rewarding players in this CW season. Just because YOU dislike playing CW doesn't mean nobody else is allowed to earn bonds in CW. What is the difference between bonds and a reward tank anyway? You are being just as petty as those players who keep whining that T10 reward tanks should be purchable.

 

 

I don't care about tanks, gold, camos, whatever. But don't give a competitive advantage to 1% of the player base.



Tidal_Force #14 Posted 04 November 2017 - 05:23 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 16192 battles
  • 6,826
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    08-29-2012

View PostEtre_, on 04 November 2017 - 04:19 PM, said:

 

 

I don't care about tanks, gold, camos, whatever. But don't give a competitive advantage to 1% of the player base.

 

If advantage is given based on skill, not on wallet, it's perfectly fine. In fact, that's what games are about.

Etre_ #15 Posted 04 November 2017 - 05:27 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 50949 battles
  • 1,305
  • [WEBOB] WEBOB
  • Member since:
    04-21-2014

View PostTidal_Force, on 04 November 2017 - 05:23 PM, said:

 

If advantage is given based on skill, not on wallet, it's perfectly fine. In fact, that's what games are about.

 

We already had ranked for that !

 

Although I don't particularly enjoy the mod at least I didn't had to endure the moods of 60-80 drama queens.  



Tidal_Force #16 Posted 04 November 2017 - 05:30 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 16192 battles
  • 6,826
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    08-29-2012

View PostEtre_, on 04 November 2017 - 04:27 PM, said:

 

We already had ranked for that !

 

Although I don't particularly enjoy the mod at least I didn't had to endure the moods of 60-80 drama queens.  

 

Embrace it. Become Drama Queen yourself.

 

EDIT: In fact, considering this thread, you are well on your way to becoming one, already!


Edited by Tidal_Force, 04 November 2017 - 05:31 PM.


maroar #17 Posted 04 November 2017 - 05:31 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 29488 battles
  • 2,462
  • [G__G] G__G
  • Member since:
    10-02-2012

Yes they are and wargaming can shove both the bonds and their improved equipment up their arse.



somegras #18 Posted 04 November 2017 - 05:33 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 48499 battles
  • 8,703
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    09-04-2013

View PostTidal_Force, on 04 November 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

They already did that. Remember first IS5 campaign?

 

That was not the same situation as you described above, though. IIRC something like the top 6K got it for free and the next 5K could buy it for full tier 8 premium price in gold.

brumbarr #19 Posted 04 November 2017 - 05:35 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38626 battles
  • 6,326
  • Member since:
    07-30-2012

View PostEtre_, on 04 November 2017 - 05:27 PM, said:

 

We already had ranked for that !

 

Although I don't particularly enjoy the mod at least I didn't had to endure the moods of 60-80 drama queens.  

And what if i didnt want to play ranked but like CW? Shouldnt i get the same chance to earn bonds as you?



Cannes76 #20 Posted 04 November 2017 - 05:39 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 64526 battles
  • 1,616
  • [3V] 3V
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011
Nice. Looking forward to this. Finally I can get my hands on M60.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users