T71 CMCD wasn't necessary

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

PoIestar #1 Posted 05 November 2017 - 12:24 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31385 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

For mostly research purposes, I bought the T71 CMCD without selling the DA. Comparable setup, comparable crews etc, just to compare the two tanks.

And I came to the quick conclusion that all this tank does is looking somewhat similar to the pre-HD T71, just to try and say "I'm like the pre-HD T71!" No, you're not, and never will be.

Yes, the CMCD looks better than the DA. But I thought this tank, together with the M46/M47 Patton, will set hull upgrades in motion. Because let's face it, the T71 DA turret and gun with the CMCD hull is the perfect T71, aka the pre-HD T71. 

I know autoloader or non-autoloader is a question of preferation but couldn't the non-autoloader get slightly more DPM then? It's an allround terrible gun, which the DA compensates by having incredible unloading and reloading time. If neither the non-autoloader gets DPM buffed or the autoloader gets reloading nerfed, the gun is also far from a selling point. Again, the zooming quickfire autoloading capability is what makes the T71 special. A 3,8 seconds reload isn't.

The ONLY reason I can see the CMCD being an asset is now having an autoloader and non-autoloader line, with the removal of the T37 and Bulldog's autoloaders. But they could still lead back to the T71 if it has the options of having an autoloader and non-autoloader gun. Removing the T37 and Bulldog's autoloaders was a bad change anyway. It was also what made the tanks special (well the Bulldogs autoloader was maybe a bit too good but anyway).

Now I would say scrap the T71 CMCD alltogether, but arguably the gap in the techtree needs to be filled. Also, having the old T71 hull back is somewhat nice, because the T71 DA is still painful to look at. So either put hullswap tanks in action, or find a worthy replacement. This tank doesn't deserve the T71 status. 

Balc0ra #2 Posted 05 November 2017 - 12:35 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 63736 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Well... most have said that the old T71 is back when playing it. Inc Circon. And I know most love this more the old T71. So it's more a matter of style then necessity I guess.

But you could argue that having the old and new T71 in one would be better vs having two different types. But they are balanced differently to accommodate their lines better. The CMDC has way more track traverse, ground resistance and gun depression vs the DA. And if you did merge them back again. Would you mix the stats, keep the old or make it more mobile like the new one? Even with the clip gun?

Edited by Balc0ra, 05 November 2017 - 12:36 AM.

PoIestar #3 Posted 05 November 2017 - 12:52 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31385 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
To me, it doesn't reflect the T71 at all. The old T71 was speed + autoloader, not the choice between them. And in terms of speed, I've never felt the DA to be lackluster. So it's still not necessary.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users