• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Hero_of_Tython #1 Posted 05 November 2017 - 01:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24216 battles
  • [AOTO] AOTO

Just watched this on Youtube.

This Youtuber may not have the same number of subs as others, but one thing he does is a lot of historical research. The video is long 1hr 28mins but if you are interested in more developed tech trees being added to the game it is worth a watch. Proposes 2 complete new UK lines, plus a 3 tank sub-branch at tiers 8-10 and several premium tanks.

cragarion #2 Posted 05 November 2017 - 01:50 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 44071 battles
Sorry tried to watch it but he just drones on to long started falling asleep after the first 5 mins.

Rosetta_and_Philae #3 Posted 05 November 2017 - 01:56 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 45843 battles
  • [FOXYR] FOXYR
No thanks as the current British heavy tanks couldn't even be properly balanced in the first place.  Focus should be placed on fixing what we have and not by adding more problems.

Search_Warrant #4 Posted 05 November 2017 - 03:50 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 27192 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
AT line sucked so what did WG do? make another turret TD line which ALSO SUCKED! adding more crap on the pile wont bring any more balance to the game.

Edited by Search_Warrant, 05 November 2017 - 03:50 PM.

Bordhaw #5 Posted 05 November 2017 - 06:53 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11548 battles
I think the British tanks are some of the worst in the game. 

PayMore #6 Posted 05 November 2017 - 07:26 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23152 battles

View PostHero_of_Tython, on 05 November 2017 - 12:44 PM, said:

Just watched this on Youtube.

This Youtuber may not have the same number of subs as others, but one thing he does is a lot of historical research. The video is long 1hr 28mins but if you are interested in more developed tech trees being added to the game it is worth a watch. Proposes 2 complete new UK lines, plus a 3 tank sub-branch at tiers 8-10 and several premium tanks.

Ill rather waych some old britney spears vids

chiggy #7 Posted 05 November 2017 - 10:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31076 battles
The whole tree should be ditched. Wargamings got a problem with the whole nation tree because its been ignored for years.

....its that bad even the Russian players want it buffed. Says a lot really!

Edited by chiggy, 05 November 2017 - 10:11 PM.

Spurtung #8 Posted 05 November 2017 - 11:33 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 63733 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View Postcragarion, on 05 November 2017 - 02:50 PM, said:

Sorry tried to watch it but he just drones on to long started falling asleep after the first 5 mins.

I skipped it a lot and still managed only about 20 seconds in total.

AliceUnchained #9 Posted 06 November 2017 - 11:40 AM

General

• Player
  • 38414 battles
  • [322] 322
Will give it a go but most likely in separate sequences as listening for close to 1,5 Hours straight is too much even when I am genuinely interested in the British tank history. Don't get discouraged by the other posts though, it merely shows the typical player base, their maturity, and the intelligence plus attention span comparable to that of a gold fish (perhaps there is some truth to it after all). They're only interested in weekend specials every week, and preferably with lots of free stuff to boot. 

japtank #10 Posted 06 November 2017 - 12:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27619 battles

View PostBordhaw, on 05 November 2017 - 06:53 PM, said:

I think the British tanks are some of the worst in the game. 

Is it just an impression or many British posters are a bunch of whiners?

From the Cromwell to the Super Conqueror, there are many outstanding British tanks in the game, aren't you guys just the 'grass is greener over there' type?

Hero_of_Tython #11 Posted 06 November 2017 - 12:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24216 battles
  • [AOTO] AOTO

View Postcragarion, on 05 November 2017 - 12:50 PM, said:

I'll admit he does have an accent that can make it a bit hard to listen to at times, not all Youtubers can be Jingles. But it is clear he had spent a lot of time doing the research and since I am all for new content in this game I thought it would be an idea to at least flag it up for the forum to debate.

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 05 November 2017 - 02:50 PM, said:

AT line sucked so what did WG do? make another turret TD line which ALSO SUCKED! adding more crap on the pile wont bring any more balance to the game.

They are very situational to be sure, the AT2 is a beast though and of the turreted TDs the Charioteer is a fine machine even if IRL it was a medium tank. The Achilles is just a Wolverine with a 17 pounder at tier 6 so it is reasonable if unspectacular and the new 32 pounder has improved the Challenger (although why they had to limit the turret traverse with the bigger gun I do not know). The Conway has been a let down but I have been hearing good things about the reworked tier 10. I can understand people not liking the line and some of the TDs in both UK lines are stinkers but I found more to like than dislike, maybe I am just weird.

View Postchiggy, on 05 November 2017 - 09:10 PM, said:

The whole tree should be ditched. Wargamings got a problem with the whole nation tree because its been ignored for years.

....its that bad even the Russian players want it buffed. Says a lot really!

I am not in favour of pulling stuff from the game unless as a very last resort, removing content is always a bad idea for an online game, rather they should fix the content, they have done a decent job making the Caernavon playable again (currently one of my favourite tier 8s) if they could apply the same effort to some of the lower tiers and some of the stinkers from other nations we'd all be a lot happier.

View Postjaptank, on 06 November 2017 - 11:00 AM, said:

From the Cromwell to the Super Conqueror, there are many outstanding British tanks in the game, aren't you guys just the 'grass is greener over there' type?

I'm British and I actually like a lot of what the UK line offers, sure the 17 pounder on a tier 7 Heavy is a bit underwhelming but I can still make it work. I think the UK line is just more situational than the jack of all trades USA or big derpy Russians, situational tanks are always going to generate more divided opinions that the all-rounder tanks.

As someone who likes a fair amount of the current UK line I think there is a lot of material that WG could use in this guys research to create at least 1 additional UK HT branch (plus premiums) that would be just different enough from the current UK heavy line and from the other nations heavy tanks to be a welcome breath of fresh air to the game, certainly more than the RU TD clones they gave the Chinese.

BTW I also support he guys who want to see the French Super Heavy Tanks in the game so I am not being nationalistic about this.

Edited by Hero_of_Tython, 06 November 2017 - 12:55 PM.

Search_Warrant #12 Posted 06 November 2017 - 02:16 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 27192 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

Premiums? so we have have more useless tank which they dont care about, like FV4202 being STILL utter garbage even after the "buffs"? chief/T95 is apparently still garbage. AT-15A is situational and another of the slug tanks with armor that the 2 key autopens with a god awefull gun. brits havent got a single good premium and they actually have quite a few. only good one is a copy paste cromwell and that broken beyond anything (gee who would have guessed).

Odd how FV4202, a tier 8 medium with decent pen is actually WAY worse than Lorrain40t. wot-news says FV is trash in comparison to the "OP" lorrain with more pen, autoloader, faster..yeeeh WG are so good at balance.

Edit: charioteer is still underperforming.

Edited by Search_Warrant, 06 November 2017 - 02:21 PM.

Hedgehog1963 #13 Posted 06 November 2017 - 02:57 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 51283 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

View Postjaptank, on 06 November 2017 - 11:00 AM, said:

What makes you think she is British?

chiggy #14 Posted 06 November 2017 - 03:01 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31076 battles

View Postjaptank, on 06 November 2017 - 12:00 PM, said:

​Yes, so great in your opinion that you never ground them past tier 7. And only one of your branches is tier 7.

With 26K games played you obviously thought there were better trees to grind. So really your comment means nish.

Edited by chiggy, 06 November 2017 - 03:03 PM.

Rati_Festa #15 Posted 06 November 2017 - 03:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42880 battles
The brits have very few excellent/op tanks both cromwells and the conqs its pretty poor after that a few average tanks comet, caern, cent x and at2. Lots of horrors in the grinds Ive done 3 all the way to tier ten, i couldnt bring myself to complete the tort line it looked that bad.

Personally I think the meds and heavies are ok, the td lines though are abysmal. I also own the a45 as well, which is like a fat bloated fv4202 it didnt like the bp get any tweaks in the recent heavy updates. Wg should review the middle tiers of the brit heavy line as its a tough grind.

chiggy #16 Posted 06 November 2017 - 04:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31076 battles
I know this is an arcade game but there is none of the good historical features of any of the British tanks included in the game. If there has been on the odd tank is has been nerf batted into a pulp.

I find it incredibly frustrating to see the likes of Russian mediums glide along the map like they are on surf boards with no friction......complete utter rubbish make believe. Post War tanks supposedly out of the time frame of the game.....but included in other nation trees regardless. The Brits should get their proper post war tanks....no crap prototypes and no nerfs retarding their true to life abilities.

Edited by chiggy, 06 November 2017 - 04:45 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users