replays git gud me advice

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

samuelx43a #1 Posted 06 November 2017 - 08:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22097 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

so, I've seen that some people here chack out your replays and help you oout a bit, and mybe give you some advice, or even compliment you!

I was wondering if there is anyone here willing to see some of my replays. if so, what are your requirements(as in, how many replays for example)

doing this partly due to curiosity, also to a minor degree,other, more experienced players giveing me advice, as you never stop learning.

cheers to you all!

RE: can post the replays here should anyone be slightly interested

Joggaman #2 Posted 06 November 2017 - 08:11 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 23983 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Hi mate! 

Feel free to open a replay-thread on our forum if you don't get many views here. 

iztok #3 Posted 06 November 2017 - 08:38 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 35215 battles
Don't post your best replays. Post the ones where even after watching them again you still arent sure what you should've done.

ZlatanArKung #4 Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:25 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles
Just post them. Can check 1 or 2.

qpranger #5 Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:34 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 32481 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
All replays are crap.

BravelyRanAway #6 Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:48 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22591 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View Postqpranger, on 06 November 2017 - 08:34 PM, said:

All replays are crap.

We're talking about other players replays. :P

qpranger #7 Posted 06 November 2017 - 10:24 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 32481 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 06 November 2017 - 10:48 PM, said:

We're talking about other players replays. :P

Yes, all crap.

samuelx43a #8 Posted 07 November 2017 - 12:23 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22097 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

here is a bach of 8:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3925026?secret=1191e5d083e6810329322d33a487cf90

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3925027?secret=1191e5d083e6810329322d33a487cf90

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3925028#lakeville-samuelx43a-kv-2

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3925031?secret=1191e5d083e6810329322d33a487cf90

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3925032?secret=1191e5d083e6810329322d33a487cf90

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3925033?secret=1191e5d083e6810329322d33a487cf90

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3925034#cliff-samuelx43a-rhm_-borsig_waffentr_ger

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3925036?secret=1191e5d083e6810329322d33a487cf90

AngelofAwe #9 Posted 07 November 2017 - 01:35 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 39030 battles

View Postsamuelx43a, on 07 November 2017 - 01:23 AM, said:

140 is the only tank there I've played recently.

First I agree with your choice of going hill this match. Not sure why you made that decision but a good 140 has an advantage over anything that the enemy team can send there. E-50M which is your counterpart has no chance in a 1v1 on top of the hill and you're great against the LTs and other MTs too.
I don't agree with you staying around in spawn and throwing a random chance shot down a street though. That will connect with an enemy once in a thousand attempts and you need every second you have to get onto that hill.
If you delay too much the enemy can get there first and you'll get shot as you crest or they'll prevent you from getting onto hill at all.

I do not agree with your decision to go on the right of the castle and start sniping down. Sure you can get some damage but the enemy can fire back and there's 2 arty that are quite likely to be aimed at the hill just waiting to dunk you as you get spotted.
You're also allowing all the enemies to drive onto hill for free instead of covering the crest and letting your ally get onto the hill with you. You're lucky that no enemies climbed onto the hill. If a few of them just drove up unspotted and went aggressive you would have died before the 3 minute mark of this battle. 

Your shooting duel with the caernarvon is pretty bad too, you allow him all the advantages despite you being the hulldown tank with better armor and more pen and DPM. You're aiming for a cupola (and missing) even though you can go straight through most of the turret, especially when you're shooting down at him.
You sit still and allow him to snipe your cupolas and give arty all the time in the world to aim at you. Which they do, but miss. You got lucky again, that should have cost you 500 hp.
This entire caernarvon fight the only thing he can see and pen is your cupola, yet you're standing still giving him the best possible chance of dealing damage to you and you're not taking enough advantage of your hull down.
You could go forward a fair bit without exposing your lower plate to him but your target would become way bigger.

You have an amazingly advantageous position this game. You're a top tier MT with view of the entire map and no opposition... yet you're being held up by a T8 HT that's alone for... 3 minutes? You're even 2v1 but you're having no impact on the game whatsoever. Every second you waste here is detrimental to your team.
The caernarvon may not have done much in the battle but he's kept the most dangerous tank of your team occupied for the entire battle. Meanwhile the enemy T10 tank which is matched against you is having a free reign in town and probably more impact on the battle.
Your team is winning the battle despite you not being in it though. It's 7-4 by the time you finally kill the caernarvon and you can just start picking off the low hp targets your team have been fighting.
Unfortunately you're being greedy and want to finish off the 100 hp target which makes you peek the "window of stupidity" where you're entirely exposed to at least 4 enemy tanks and artillery. They can even shoot up into your lower plate there so even the little BC LT would be able to pen you.

As you've been spotted for the last 4 minutes arty is already aimed and as you're a stationary target peeking way too far you get slammed by an arty shell and then finished off by 1 of the tanks below that are staring up into your LFP. 

In the end your damage number doesn't look too bad but what did you actually do in this battle as a top tier MT?
You killed a T8 HT. That's pretty much it.
You could have done soooo much more.

More aggression when you have an advantageous position, no reason to waste your time when you're in a 1v1 hulldown fight against a T8.
Less greedy and risky peeks.
You're guaranteed to get spotted and shot in the positions you were peeking on hill. Back off, get unspotted, relocate, shoot a couple of times from range and if you get spotted or THINK you may get spotted move right away.
Minimize exposure and use your opportunities without having to risk your entire tank for 1 shot of damage. 

Edited by AngelofAwe, 07 November 2017 - 01:38 AM.

samuelx43a #10 Posted 07 November 2017 - 01:37 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22097 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

yeah, I don't know what happened over my head with the 140. hopefully I won't repeat the same error. should I next time go for the caern and trade my hp, then going for the other targets?

again, thanks for the advice, specially from a pro player at that.

I'm rather new at tier X, so I'm still learning the ropes

RE: if you want, I can do some more obj 140 replays if you are interested

Edited by samuelx43a, 07 November 2017 - 01:40 AM.

AngelofAwe #11 Posted 07 November 2017 - 01:40 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 39030 battles

View Postsamuelx43a, on 07 November 2017 - 02:37 AM, said:

yeah, I don't know what happened over my head with the 140. hopefully I won't repeat the same error. should I next time go for the caern and trade my hp, then going for the other targets?

again, thanks for the advice, specially from a pro player at that.

I'm rather new at tier X, so I'm still learning the ropes

I would probably not have pushed right into him. You could if you're not confident you can put shells through him from the range you're at but you would take some damage for it. I would have just put my tank a few meters further forward for every shot to give you his entire turret and maybe some of the hull as a target. If he hides behind the corner, then I'd push onto him and track him on the corner as he tries to get you if possible. 
I understand you were trying to hide as much of your tank as possible, but he's just as likely to pen if he can only see your cupolas as if he can see your entire turret AND upper hull (at that angle as you're above him) but it would make it a lot easier for YOU to hit him. 

Edited by AngelofAwe, 07 November 2017 - 01:42 AM.

TungstenHitman #12 Posted 07 November 2017 - 01:42 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22190 battles

View Postsamuelx43a, on 06 November 2017 - 07:05 PM, said:

doing this partly due to curiosity, also to a minor degree,other, more experienced players giveing me advice, as you never stop learning.

cheers to you all!

Well you've more battles so more experience than me but I wouldn't wreck yourself over replays and what you could have done different simply because, while you can certainly improve and learn typical tank distributions on maps, it is just way too variable to be "You should have done this or that" and it really is an "as it's happening" sort of thing.

It would be nice to have some Unicorn on our shoulders in some situations where what to do is not always obvious but if you look back at replays you will naturally see what went wrong but that's in hindsight and we kinda already know where it went wrong so if you could get a time machine of course you would do better because you would now know where the enemy was/is and what to do.

Here's some of todays fun. Tried to train some crew in the T34-85M for my new T-43, used buffs and so on but it RAINED dimwit teammates I kid you not lol, the losses were SO bad that was not possible to even get in enough damage to get something much at all but that's how it goes. Finally got top tier so had a chance to do something big I thought and yet

Spoiler

And of course there's battles that simply suck from the start.

Spoiler

samuelx43a #13 Posted 07 November 2017 - 01:46 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22097 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

well, one thing I can reccomend is taking at least 4 or 5 prem rounds with you. I do not like using gold, but the day you have to go against a very heavily armoured tank, the little extra pen would give you a small boost.

I'll post some obj 140 replays to angel here(first I have to do them :P)

AngelofAwe #14 Posted 07 November 2017 - 01:52 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 39030 battles
I'm actually not very good in Russian mediums, at least not compared to those who can really perform in them so I'm not sure if I can say much tank specific. I can only really point out when a position or decision is different than what I would have done.
I'm not sure how helpful that is (like in my previous answer) as even if you understand what I'm saying and agree, the only thing that can change your actions is when you yourself realize in a similar situation what you should do.

TungstenHitman #15 Posted 07 November 2017 - 02:04 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22190 battles

View Postsamuelx43a, on 07 November 2017 - 12:46 AM, said:

well, one thing I can reccomend is taking at least 4 or 5 prem rounds with you. I do not like using gold, but the day you have to go against a very heavily armoured tank, the little extra pen would give you a small boost.

Who me? Damn right carry gold lol, when u have same tier6 gun on tier7 its the only way to go, I had actually emptied to lot at that point, as said, things were not going well at all lol! Still.. those battles can be turned even with no gold and 1vs7 practically. Probably should have killed my own arty for an epic Kolobanovs, as usual there is always a cliker hanging about to deny us these medals :P

View PostAngelofAwe, on 07 November 2017 - 12:52 AM, said:

I'm actually not very good in Russian mediums, at least not compared to those who can really perform in them so I'm not sure if I can say much tank specific. I can only really point out when a position or decision is different than what I would have done.
I'm not sure how helpful that is (like in my previous answer) as even if you understand what I'm saying and agree, the only thing that can change your actions is when you yourself realize in a similar situation what you should do.

Meh I'm just blasting through the tier I wouldn't have any mad love for the tank its basically a T34-85M but one tier higher, a little more hp and mobility and a worse gun and dpm.. my eye is on the tier8 and lovely looking 100mm gun. One question though in regards the tier8 and it's equipment, I'm thinking vents, optics and verts. I would feel this layout would be the way to go with the overall improvements vents give, the optics I would feel are a must for that semi-scout role when needed which is very often actually with all the bot light tank players, and the verts for that 20% accuracy on the move boost while dropping the rammer so slightly less dpm but a considerably more reliable dpm. What you guys think? Would you ALWAYS have a rammer regardless?

samuelx43a #16 Posted 07 November 2017 - 02:05 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22097 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostAngelofAwe, on 07 November 2017 - 01:52 AM, said:

well, any advice, specially from a good player is always nice

samuelx43a #17 Posted 07 November 2017 - 02:21 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22097 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
a rammer is always useful IMO, other than stabilizer, if you can mount one, you probably should

AngelofAwe #18 Posted 07 November 2017 - 02:30 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 39030 battles
Rammer is the first piece of equipment I put on any tank.

I'm beginning to really hate the Obj140. I've lost 2 hardcarry games just today because I'm chasing the last enemy and he sets me on fire with a random shot and I don't carry a fire extinguisher.
I don't want to remove food when I'm hoping to get closer to 3 marks but I can't remove the med kit after the arty change as I'd spend the entire match stunned without it.

What the hell are you supposed to do??

samuelx43a #19 Posted 07 November 2017 - 02:34 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22097 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

one thing I really don't like is the massive innacuracy of the gun at times, it mostly hits, but it really trolls sometimes

ah the fires. I have an automatic fire ext and fire prevention. they still manage to set me on fire first hit, althrough now they put my fuel tanks orange more often

Edited by samuelx43a, 07 November 2017 - 02:35 AM.

Lil_Dimitry #20 Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:09 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 2318 battles

Replay no1 140 Himmelsdorf

Spoiler

Replay no2 T-10 El Halluf

Spoiler

Replay no3 KV 2 Lakeville

Spoiler

Replay no4 m40/43 Highway

VERY IMPORTANT SPOILER AHEAD