Jump to content


Discount coupon use suggestion

discount coupon premium halloween

  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Cobragod #1 Posted 07 November 2017 - 10:57 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 8481 battles
  • 49
  • Member since:
    01-28-2011

Hi guys,

 

I'm not sure if this is the right spot to post this, so if there is any admin around, please feel free to move it to the correct place.

I just got one of those discount coupons from WG, but after looking around the shop, it doesn't seem I can buy much with it (restrictions and all).

The only things I can apparently use it for are premium account and vehicles. I'm a more than casual player, so I don't think premium time will be of much use. I was thinking a premium vehicle, but I'm not keen on spending too much on it (10euro tops). Any suggestions on a premium vehicle within my budget, with good moneymaking abilities?

Thanks a lot and I apologize again if this post is in the wrong place.



_EXODUZ_ #2 Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:00 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 34617 battles
  • 1,936
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    11-05-2014
Type 64

cragarion #3 Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:01 AM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 42877 battles
  • 2,184
  • Member since:
    07-10-2010
Type 64 if you can stretch to that great scout tank fast decent gun with good rate of fire, and good money earner also good for stat padding if you are into that.

Bennie182 #4 Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:18 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 51413 battles
  • 1,249
  • Member since:
    03-13-2012

View PostCobragod, on 07 November 2017 - 10:57 AM, said:

Hi guys,

 

I'm not sure if this is the right spot to post this, so if there is any admin around, please feel free to move it to the correct place.

I just got one of those discount coupons from WG, but after looking around the shop, it doesn't seem I can buy much with it (restrictions and all).

The only things I can apparently use it for are premium account and vehicles. I'm a more than casual player, so I don't think premium time will be of much use. I was thinking a premium vehicle, but I'm not keen on spending too much on it (10euro tops). Any suggestions on a premium vehicle within my budget, with good moneymaking abilities?

Thanks a lot and I apologize again if this post is in the wrong place.

well.. first of all, for the amount of money you want to spend on, don't except too much moneymaking abilities. The best moneymakers, usually cost the most. besides that, I suggest you look at the tank lines you like to play and find a premium tank suiting that, as it will gain you both crew training and credits.

 

*The Churchill III is played a lot as I read somewhere. It has a decent 110 pen, but low damage per shot (75).

*The Excelsior has higher damage per shot (110), but only 92mm pen. The armor on it is quite good for its tier.

Both have preferential mm, which means they meet tier 6 max.

 

*Pz T25 pretty ok. I've seen them perform pretty good in battles. http://wiki.wargamin...n/Tank:G46_T-25 --> This tells me it makes good credits for its tier and is a good support tank. This tank has no preferential mm will see tier 7.

 

The ~€5,- tanks are not worth it for making credits. Some of them have low pen for it's tier and make the same amount of credits as usual tanks do (I have experience from that only with my T-15). Those lower tier tanks have instead of good credit income, more value for crew traning vs high tier premium tanks.

 

The others are not great as far as I've seen in battles, but other people might feel different about this. I hope this might help you making a choice. In the end it depends all on your play style if you make good credits/xp or not.

 

@_EXODUZ_ Type64 is more then €10,-


Edited by Bennie182, 07 November 2017 - 11:20 AM.


_EXODUZ_ #5 Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:20 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 34617 battles
  • 1,936
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    11-05-2014

View PostBennie182, on 07 November 2017 - 11:18 AM, said:

 

@_EXODUZ_ Type64 is more then €10,-

 

He has a discount coupon.

Cobra6 #6 Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:30 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • 15,509
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

Ooooh look, it's one of my trusted followers with a dedicated name! ;)

 

On the serious side, with a budget of 10EUR including the 30% discount I'd say:

-  Strv m/42-57 Alt A.2

The gun has good pen, you have an autoloader which means you can pounce on opportunities and do more damage than any single shot tank because you can unload 4 shots quickly. It's got ok gun depression, good gun handling.

More damage means more credits. Here is a review on it I did a while back:

 

- Type64

A lot more tricky to play and you need to fire premium ammo more often, but nonetheless a good tank if you are skilled.

 

Cobra 6


Edited by Cobra6, 07 November 2017 - 11:52 AM.


Aikl #7 Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:31 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25167 battles
  • 4,253
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

Buy gold with the discount and wait for an in-game discount on e.g. T6 vehicles. 2,5k gold (€9,3) should be enough for a 30%-discounted Type 64, which would be likely to happen before Christmas. No mentions of it being removed from in-game, though many kind of expected that. Very unlikely to happen before Christmas, anyway.

 

Doubt the coupon works on small items, though. Check if the coupon is restricted to e.g. min. €30 purchases.

 

(Type 64 is arguably one of the best T6 vehicles overall. Bit hard to play, but speed and viewrange means you're almost always useful in some way, even when bottom-tier. That thing was a nice tank back when it saw T9 too.)


Edited by Aikl, 07 November 2017 - 11:33 AM.


Geno1isme #8 Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:50 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 41454 battles
  • 7,198
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
  • Member since:
    09-03-2013

Given your 10 Euro budget the most you could buy is a T6 premium tank with a 30% discount. So options are:

- Type 64: Good tank, but as you have little to no experience with lights or chinese tanks you'll probably struggle to play it effectively

- Skoda T40 / Strv: mediocre medium tanks, not very useful as crew trainers for you

- Su100Y: Fun tank destroyer as it has one of the biggest guns on T6, but again you don't have any regular soviet TDs, so no use as crew trainer

- Dicker Max: Slow paper TD with a decent gun and OP viewrange, could be used as crew trainer for your german TDs

 

Of the T5 premiums, the only somewhat usable option would be the Churchill III for your soviet heavy crews, but most people play that with lots of premium ammo so likely not a good credit maker. The other T5 premiums are mostly crap.

 

If you're only looking for a credit maker, I'd suggest the Su100Y as with the powerful gun you only need two-three hits per game to be good. Dicker Max can be also quite effective, but most people don't realy like it due to it's lack of mobility.

 

Type 64 is overall probably the better tank, but could be frustrating if you're unfamiliar with light tank gameplay and don't have a decent chinese LT crew.

 

And as Aikl said, if possible just buy the 10 euro gold package (or select what you want to pay manually) with your coupon and wait for a 30% discount for premiums in-game.



Derethim #9 Posted 07 November 2017 - 01:02 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17107 battles
  • 1,843
  • Member since:
    04-03-2012

View PostGeno1isme, on 07 November 2017 - 11:50 AM, said:

Given your 10 Euro budget the most you could buy is a T6 premium tank with a 30% discount. So options are:

- Type 64: Good tank, but as you have little to no experience with lights or chinese tanks you'll probably struggle to play it effectively

- Skoda T40 / Strv: mediocre medium tanks, not very useful as crew trainers for you

- Su100Y: Fun tank destroyer as it has one of the biggest guns on T6, but again you don't have any regular soviet TDs, so no use as crew trainer

- Dicker Max: Slow paper TD with a decent gun and OP viewrange, could be used as crew trainer for your german TDs

 

Of the T5 premiums, the only somewhat usable option would be the Churchill III for your soviet heavy crews, but most people play that with lots of premium ammo so likely not a good credit maker. The other T5 premiums are mostly crap.

 

If you're only looking for a credit maker, I'd suggest the Su100Y as with the powerful gun you only need two-three hits per game to be good. Dicker Max can be also quite effective, but most people don't realy like it due to it's lack of mobility.

 

Type 64 is overall probably the better tank, but could be frustrating if you're unfamiliar with light tank gameplay and don't have a decent chinese LT crew.

 

And as Aikl said, if possible just buy the 10 euro gold package (or select what you want to pay manually) with your coupon and wait for a 30% discount for premiums in-game.

 

Don't forget the gun dep on the Dicker :)

I'd go for that one if I was OP.

That or the Type.


Edited by Derethim, 07 November 2017 - 01:02 PM.


Cobragod #10 Posted 07 November 2017 - 01:21 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 8481 battles
  • 49
  • Member since:
    01-28-2011

Thanks a lot for all the suggestions. Using it for gold was actually my first thought. However, given all the restrictions put in place by WG for this particular coupon, buying gold is not an option. Here's what they say:

"The coupon gives a one-time 30% discount on any package purchased in World of Tanks. The coupon is valid for 7 days from the date of receipt and is not applicable to gold, special offers, discounted items and limited-time offers."

The Type64 is nice, but as Geno1isme noticed, I don't have that much experience playing light tanks, so I'd have a hard time making it work for me.

So I guess the only other options are the Su100Y or the Dicker Max (to be used as credit makers, not much else). Still have 2 more days of coupon validity, I'll have to make up my mind soon. :)


Edited by Cobragod, 07 November 2017 - 01:22 PM.


Mimos_A #11 Posted 07 November 2017 - 01:27 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 22118 battles
  • 1,840
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
  • Member since:
    05-30-2015
Type 64 is amazing fun. Especially if you have some people to play team battles with it's a really nice filler that makes good credits in that mode. You seem to do well enough in the AMX 12t to be able to get the hang of it soon enough. It's main weakness used to be the low pen in the old light tank MM, but since the changes you hardly have to spam the premium like you used to anymore. And it's a good crew trainer for IMHO one of the best light tank lines in the game.

cragarion #12 Posted 07 November 2017 - 01:29 PM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 42877 battles
  • 2,184
  • Member since:
    07-10-2010

View PostCobragod, on 07 November 2017 - 01:21 PM, said:

Thanks a lot for all the suggestions. Using it for gold was actually my first thought. However, given all the restrictions put in place by WG for this particular coupon, buying gold is not an option. Here's what they say:

"The coupon gives a one-time 30% discount on any package purchased in World of Tanks. The coupon is valid for 7 days from the date of receipt and is not applicable to gold, special offers, discounted items and limited-time offers."

The Type64 is nice, but as Geno1isme noticed, I don't have that much experience playing light tanks, so I'd have a hard time making it work for me.

So I guess the only other options are the Su100Y or the Dicker Max (to be used as credit makers, not much else). Still have 2 more days of coupon validity, I'll have to make up my mind soon. :)

 

In that case i would go for the Dicker max.

 

Faster better camo great gun depression decent accuracy and damage, only downside really is lack of armor compared to the su100y.


Edited by cragarion, 07 November 2017 - 01:31 PM.


shortfuse1418 #13 Posted 07 November 2017 - 01:50 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 24275 battles
  • 158
  • [BYOB] BYOB
  • Member since:
    06-16-2012
I really like the Dicker Max and it is excellent with a decent crew (sixth sense and camo). I have the PzT25 which is a good tank but not brilliant. I used it to train my new Pz IVH crew from 75% which went pretty painlessly up to when I had 6th sense trained.

cragarion #14 Posted 07 November 2017 - 02:38 PM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 42877 battles
  • 2,184
  • Member since:
    07-10-2010

This may help you make your mind up.

 



Derethim #15 Posted 07 November 2017 - 03:25 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17107 battles
  • 1,843
  • Member since:
    04-03-2012

Basically. If you are good at staying behind the line and supporting your team from the back without the need of camo i.e. hiding behind a tall building or a rock and locking down certain corridors, pick the SU-100Y.

It has the aditional plus of penning tier VIII tanks :trollface:

The dicker has less pen, but the gun depression and the concealment allow it for peeking from behind the hill and hitting people really hard.



Aikl #16 Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:38 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25167 battles
  • 4,253
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

View PostCobragod, on 07 November 2017 - 12:21 PM, said:

Thanks a lot for all the suggestions. Using it for gold was actually my first thought. However, given all the restrictions put in place by WG for this particular coupon, buying gold is not an option. Here's what they say:

"The coupon gives a one-time 30% discount on any package purchased in World of Tanks. The coupon is valid for 7 days from the date of receipt and is not applicable to gold, special offers, discounted items and limited-time offers."

The Type64 is nice, but as Geno1isme noticed, I don't have that much experience playing light tanks, so I'd have a hard time making it work for me.

So I guess the only other options are the Su100Y or the Dicker Max (to be used as credit makers, not much else). Still have 2 more days of coupon validity, I'll have to make up my mind soon. :)

 

T6 premiums have some limited credit grinding potential, but I'd say what you find fun might be the most important thing (in particular because you're gonna play it a lot if you're grinding credits without a premium account). Back "in the days", playing light tanks was rather challenging. Type 64 is essentially just a squishy medium tank with speed, DPM and gun handling. Few maps require knowledge of spotting, and the overall level of mid-tier LT players isn't particularly high - and you're practically always matched up against a same-tier LT. Well, 'course you're likely to see other tryhard Type drivers.

 

Dicker Max > SU-100Y if you ask me.

D.Max has much, much better camo, and the gun depression allows you to easily abuse ridges as cover. Most importantly, you seem to play German TDs quite a bit already. SU-100Y is like the soft, shotgun-version of a Jagdpanther. D.Max is a bit more like a Jagdpanzer IV with a good gun and way more viewrange. 400m VR combined with good camo is very practical, as you can often fend for yourself, and stay at ranges where you can see the enemy - but he can't see you even when you're shooting him.


Edited by Aikl, 07 November 2017 - 06:56 PM.


Cobragod #17 Posted 07 November 2017 - 06:49 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 8481 battles
  • 49
  • Member since:
    01-28-2011

cragarion, thanks a lot. That really helps. :)

Aikl, the Type might be fun to play, but I honestly like TD's more (I just love playing my JP, I think I'm quite decent at it and makes me a good bit of cash).

Looking at the stats, the Dicker Max does look better than the Su100Y, overall; that should make the decision making process easier. ;)

I'll think it over and decide.







Also tagged with discount, coupon, premium, halloween

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users