Jump to content


Support War Child Armistice 2017


  • Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 07 November 2017 - 03:16 PM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 25,696
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
We teamed up again with War Child for a new charity campaign.

The full text of the news item

RagingJedi #2 Posted 07 November 2017 - 03:37 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 13749 battles
  • 49
  • Member since:
    12-08-2012

well, at least it's not a tier 8 premium!

(tbh that wouldn't be too bad if the money was going mostly for charity.)

 

Thumbs up wg, going to buy 1 of these bundles.


Edited by RagingJedi, 07 November 2017 - 03:39 PM.


StrikeFIN #3 Posted 07 November 2017 - 03:38 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6193 battles
  • 797
  • [FIPDR] FIPDR
  • Member since:
    03-05-2014
Bought large package.

TheArk_2014 #4 Posted 07 November 2017 - 04:02 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 60276 battles
  • 765
  • [AETOS] AETOS
  • Member since:
    01-03-2014

View PostStrikeFIN, on 07 November 2017 - 02:38 PM, said:

Bought large package.

 

Me too ... I don't have spare euros, but for charities, especially for children, I can find a few ...

uglycousin #5 Posted 07 November 2017 - 04:03 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 44319 battles
  • 3,637
  • [TFUK] TFUK
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014
Bought last year, I will buy this year also.

StinkyCamper #6 Posted 07 November 2017 - 04:05 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21595 battles
  • 334
  • Member since:
    09-03-2013
Warchild have theyr own site. And XVM is not required. 

WotPizza #7 Posted 07 November 2017 - 04:07 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24142 battles
  • 244
  • [P1XEL] P1XEL
  • Member since:
    04-07-2016
No thanks. If I support charities I give directly to them not via a bad greedy company like wargaming.

rustysprite #8 Posted 07 November 2017 - 04:15 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 22014 battles
  • 2,485
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    03-18-2012

I would like to know EXACTLY how much goes to the charity please

The large bundle is £8.55

So come on.... tell us

 

 

WG State;

The total net proceeds from the sale of this emblem will go directly to War Child, to help with their charitable efforts across the globe.

 

Net proceeds -  is the amount received by the seller after all costs and expenses are deducted from the gross proceeds arising from the sale of an asset.



uglycousin #9 Posted 07 November 2017 - 04:21 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 44319 battles
  • 3,637
  • [TFUK] TFUK
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014

View PostStinkyCamper, on 07 November 2017 - 05:05 PM, said:

Warchild have theyr own site. And XVM is not required. 

 

View PostWotPizza, on 07 November 2017 - 05:07 PM, said:

No thanks. If I support charities I give directly to them not via a bad greedy company like wargaming.

 

They included a direct link to WarChild just for that. :)

TheArk_2014 #10 Posted 07 November 2017 - 04:29 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 60276 battles
  • 765
  • [AETOS] AETOS
  • Member since:
    01-03-2014

View Postrustysprite, on 07 November 2017 - 03:15 PM, said:

I would like to know EXACTLY how much goes to the charity please

The large bundle is £8.55

So come on.... tell us

 

 

WG State;

The total net proceeds from the sale of this emblem will go directly to War Child, to help with their charitable efforts across the globe.

 

Net proceeds -  is the amount received by the seller after all costs and expenses are deducted from the gross proceeds arising from the sale of an asset.

 

I think that with the term "The total net proceeds" they mean the original cost/expenses of/for the running of this "offer" not the "cost of the virtual items" ...

... for example, the cost of the 1 day of premium account is 1,09 euros, the price for the "offer" is only 1 euro ... are they going to take the 0,09 back from the other charity sales? ... I don't think so.

 

Edit: Anyways, a clarification (by the WG) upon this mater will help ... I want all my 9+ euros to go to the charity.


Edited by TheArk_2014, 07 November 2017 - 04:38 PM.


TheSwedeHunter #11 Posted 07 November 2017 - 04:42 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 40651 battles
  • 15
  • [REEEE] REEEE
  • Member since:
    12-08-2012
Did buy all of them and did’t get a single emblem...

Angelo51 #12 Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:09 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 65953 battles
  • 315
  • [HELL5] HELL5
  • Member since:
    12-30-2012

View PostWotPizza, on 07 November 2017 - 04:07 PM, said:

No thanks. If I support charities I give directly to them not via a bad greedy company like wargaming.

 

​Well there is a Site for War Child, and you can give there, if you're so Inclined.:bush:

Edited by Angelo51, 07 November 2017 - 05:10 PM.


ionicafardefric #13 Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:10 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 53365 battles
  • 43
  • Member since:
    07-16-2012

View PostTheSwedeHunter, on 07 November 2017 - 03:42 PM, said:

Did buy all of them and did’t get a single emblem...

 

This shouldn't matter, mate. You are donating money to charity. As long as it ALL goes towards the fund, WG did something good, for a change

Angelo51 #14 Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:14 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 65953 battles
  • 315
  • [HELL5] HELL5
  • Member since:
    12-30-2012

It's good to help out, God forbid any of us fall under War.  I have seen it and it's nothing Glamorous or Heroic about it.  

 



TheKroo #15 Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:41 PM

    Product Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 10290 battles
  • 5,653
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    08-24-2010

View PostTheArk_2014, on 07 November 2017 - 04:29 PM, said:

 

I think that with the term "The total net proceeds" they mean the original cost/expenses of/for the running of this "offer" not the "cost of the virtual items" ...

... for example, the cost of the 1 day of premium account is 1,09 euros, the price for the "offer" is only 1 euro ... are they going to take the 0,09 back from the other charity sales? ... I don't think so.

 

Edit: Anyways, a clarification (by the WG) upon this mater will help ... I want all my 9+ euros to go to the charity.

 

We will be donating all the net proceeds from your purchases. The net stipulation is referring to the transaction costs and applicable taxes.

Wargaming will not be retaining any revenue generated by this drive.



rustysprite #16 Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:55 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 22014 battles
  • 2,485
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    03-18-2012

View PostTheKroo, on 07 November 2017 - 04:41 PM, said:

 

We will be donating all the net proceeds from your purchases. The net stipulation is referring to the transaction costs and applicable taxes.

Wargaming will not be retaining any revenue generated by this drive.

 

Thanks for the explanation

How much is the transaction cost for the large bundle .... and what does the transaction cost actually pay for ?



Bad_Mad_Dog #17 Posted 07 November 2017 - 06:07 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 37291 battles
  • 89
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
  • Member since:
    05-19-2013
Since 1€ does not make a lot difference to wallet... So yes, I support that kind of move.

TheArk_2014 #18 Posted 07 November 2017 - 06:20 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 60276 battles
  • 765
  • [AETOS] AETOS
  • Member since:
    01-03-2014

View PostTheKroo, on 07 November 2017 - 04:41 PM, said:

 

We will be donating all the net proceeds from your purchases. The net stipulation is referring to the transaction costs and applicable taxes.

Wargaming will not be retaining any revenue generated by this drive.

 

Just as I thought ... TY for the explanation.

IdlePython #19 Posted 07 November 2017 - 06:21 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 403 battles
  • 110
  • [BOOH] BOOH
  • Member since:
    12-03-2016

I remember all the stories my Grandfather told me of the 2. World War, and I remember the stories my father told me of the Vietnam-War. 

So yes, I bought all bundles and donated directly. For the Children it's worth it. :medal:


Edited by IdlePython, 07 November 2017 - 06:23 PM.


Xaltu #20 Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:05 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 14080 battles
  • 109
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
  • Member since:
    12-17-2016

View PostTheKroo, on 07 November 2017 - 04:41 PM, said:

 

We will be donating all the net proceeds from your purchases. The net stipulation is referring to the transaction costs and applicable taxes.

Wargaming will not be retaining any revenue generated by this drive.

 

Thank you for the clarification as when I saw the offer first thing this morning, before the news item was released I wondered exactly that.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users