• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

Ph3lan #1 Posted 08 November 2017 - 12:28 PM

Community Operations Lead WoT EU

• WG Staff
  • 18581 battles
  • [WG] WG

Hey all!

Some of you might have already noticed that we started our weekly streams for now with 1 stream per week for World of Tanks on Tuesdays.

When: Every Wednesday between 18:00-20:00 CET

Where: On the WoT official FB page here and on our Twitch channel here Don't forget to like and Follow! 

Content: Gameplay, Q&A, showing off new content etc. 

Can I win something? Ofc, we always have something to give away. You will have to join the stream though to find out what.

On yesterday's stream I asked if people would be interested in a forum thread where they could discuss the streams and give us feedback/suggestions, so here is me keeping my word :) Feel free to use this thread to discuss all out stream activities.

Edited by Ph3lan, 13 November 2017 - 01:13 PM.
Changed the stream days from Tuesdays to Wednesday

Sfinski #2 Posted 08 November 2017 - 12:31 PM

Major

• Player
  • 31957 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
Hope you wont ignore the difficult questions and answer only the questions you are 100% sure about. May join sometime.

ZlatanArKung #3 Posted 08 November 2017 - 12:34 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

Who are leading the stream?

Is it you Ph3lan, or is it a random WG staff or someone else? 

Otherwise,  good idea and will check in and maybe even ask a few things :P

I am not interested in streamers at all, but if I can get some answers from you, I would happily watch for that.

Are you going to have an announcement before stream to say like 'today we will show this new tech tree/premium tank'/'today we will answer questions from players' and so on?

Edited by ZlatanArKung, 08 November 2017 - 12:37 PM.

UrQuan #4 Posted 08 November 2017 - 12:51 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19735 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Okay, this really grinds my gears. You got time to put this up, but don't/can't put up some information about the ongoing contact-list / chat issues in a visible space to at least show people you are aware of it & working on it. And no, some replies/posts on the forum isn't enough as only a minority visits it, but the contact-list / chat issue affects a substantial portion of the playerbase.

I know you guys can't fix it nor can you help it, but at least make the broader community (not only forum goers) aware that you are aware of the problem & are looking into it, perhaps even with some updates on how it progresses on some centralized location/thread.

Aikl #5 Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:41 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25701 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostUrQuan, on 08 November 2017 - 11:51 AM, said:

Okay, this really grinds my gears. You got time to put this up, but don't/can't put up some information about the ongoing contact-list / chat issues in a visible space to at least show people you are aware of it & working on it. And no, some replies/posts on the forum isn't enough as only a minority visits it, but the contact-list / chat issue affects a substantial portion of the playerbase.

I know you guys can't fix it nor can you help it, but at least make the broader community (not only forum goers) aware that you are aware of the problem & are looking into it, perhaps even with some updates on how it progresses on some centralized location/thread.

Thanks for writing my post for me, Q.

Also, thanks for the heads-up, Ph3lan. I know you likely don't have any personal say in this matter (despite the Czech and German communities handling this quite a bit better), but it's still nice to reserve some time for this stream. Just saying...

Gotta wonder how they'd think a stream with Q&A is a good idea. Just look at the fudgin' in-game 'general' chat. :D

Igor_BL #6 Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40227 battles
  • [GX] GX

What diletant topic is this?!

You can open topics about FB streams, but cant handle chat/server crashes/stronghold or any other problem and bug we are expiriencing with this patch?

You cant even write proper explanation and post it on this section of forum?!

when i open forum, all i see under section "WG staff posts" are German, Polish or CZ  staff.

and kudos to those guys. Yeah, problems and bugs  are "expected" and "normal" thing (even WG crossed the "normal" line 10 times with this patch)
but at least you can inform players about status, etc etc.

While you Englishmen hold your head down and ignore the problem in general.

Another lame move.

You dont know how to prirotize problems. Which you have double-digit number in the last month or more.
And no signs of the ending those.

Edited by Igor_BL, 08 November 2017 - 02:03 PM.

Ph3lan #7 Posted 08 November 2017 - 02:54 PM

• WG Staff
  • 18581 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostSfinski, on 08 November 2017 - 12:31 PM, said:

Hope you wont ignore the difficult questions and answer only the questions you are 100% sure about. May join sometime.

We will try to be as open as possible. Obviously sometimes we simply don't have the information or can't share it at the time (like when a tank is going to be released for example), but in cases like these we can simply tell you guys that we don't have the information (we can find out for the next stream), we don't need to and don't want to ignore your questions. 

View PostZlatanArKung, on 08 November 2017 - 12:34 PM, said:

Who are leading the stream?

Is it you Ph3lan, or is it a random WG staff or someone else? 

Otherwise,  good idea and will check in and maybe even ask a few things :P

I am not interested in streamers at all, but if I can get some answers from you, I would happily watch for that.

Are you going to have an announcement before stream to say like 'today we will show this new tech tree/premium tank'/'today we will answer questions from players' and so on?

The streams are English only for now and they are hosted mostly by the EN team (myself, MrConway and Kandly). We might also have some other community members join us as guests or even as hosts occasionally. For QAs we will try to get some of our Devs and product group members join us as well. 

View PostUrQuan, on 08 November 2017 - 12:51 PM, said:

Unfortunately we don't have much to share at this point. Our developers are working on the problem, but it is proving harder to solve than expected. If there is any more information to share we will let you guys know. And you are right, this should be posted in the announcement topic as well, I'll post it there in a sec.

View PostIgor_BL, on 08 November 2017 - 01:58 PM, said:

What diletant topic is this?!

You can open topics about FB streams, but cant handle chat/server crashes/stronghold or any other problem and bug we are expiriencing with this patch?

You cant even write proper explanation and post it on this section of forum?!

when i open forum, all i see under section "WG staff posts" are German, Polish or CZ  staff.

and kudos to those guys. Yeah, problems and bugs  are "expected" and "normal" thing (even WG crossed the "normal" line 10 times with this patch)
but at least you can inform players about status, etc etc.

While you Englishmen hold your head down and ignore the problem in general.

Another lame move.

You dont know how to prirotize problems. Which you have double-digit number in the last month or more.
And no signs of the ending those.

Please see above. The streams are actually a great tool for us to reach out to the players, give them more information and update them in "real time". For example if I am not mistaken I already gave an update about the the chat and personal mission situation in yesterday's stream. Obviously this doesn't mean that we shouldn't do it on the forum and we will try to do both in the future.

Ph3lan #8 Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:58 PM

• WG Staff
  • 18581 battles
  • [WG] WG

Quick update on the above. I managed to get some more info about the patch issues and the compensation and posted it here 

Let's use this thread to discuss the streams though :)

Geno1isme #9 Posted 08 November 2017 - 05:03 PM

General

• Player
  • 43193 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

Couple notes:

- if you want to maximize viewerbase (why else would you do giveaways?) than the tuesday timeslot isn't the best choice as you're competing with QB. Just noting.

- please don't make information exclusively available in streams. Any relevant information (news, Q+A, ...) has to be available in text-form as well, ideally with a minimal delay. At least a transcript of the relevant stream sections should be made available within 24h.

- will there be announcements regarding upcoming streams listing what topics or guests will be featured? Ideally more than 24h in advance.

leggasiini #10 Posted 08 November 2017 - 05:10 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 14868 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

*insert comment regarding necessarity of reworking the Type 4/5 Heavies here*

Either way, pretty interested to see how it goes. While I also would point out things regarding the contact list, it already was done so I wont bother. I will certainly join up next time and throw in a few questions.

_b_ #11 Posted 08 November 2017 - 05:52 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 55227 battles

Stream when none of those who usually have a big following are also streaming? (daki/mailand/skill/circon/orzy/foch/qb)

Do competitions with watchers like you in maus rest in pz1c kinda for lols things? :D

Ph3lan #12 Posted 08 November 2017 - 06:20 PM

• WG Staff
  • 18581 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostGeno1isme, on 08 November 2017 - 05:03 PM, said:

Couple notes:

- if you want to maximize viewerbase (why else would you do giveaways?) than the tuesday timeslot isn't the best choice as you're competing with QB. Just noting.

Good point. I am already looking into this and we are considering moving the stream to Wednesdays. We had our reasons for going for the Tuesday slot, but I guess it is better for everyone if you guys have WoT content on every day. 

- please don't make information exclusively available in stream s. Any relevant information (news, Q+A, ...) has to be available in text-form as well, ideally with a minimal delay. At least a transcript of the relevant stream sections should be made available within 24h.

Another good point. On WoWS we have the luxury that some of our players are doing the transcript and posting it on Reddit. We definitely don't want to make information exclusively available on streams, and this is definitely something that is already on our mind. 

- will there be announcements regarding upcoming streams listing what topics or guests will be featured? Ideally more than 24h in advance.

The streams are announced 2 days in advance on FB for now but we can look into doing a Channel Feed announcement on Twitch as well.

Shivva #13 Posted 08 November 2017 - 11:26 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29809 battles
  • [J_A_G] J_A_G
A positive step, will try to pop in and troll you ...erm say hi I mean :D Seriously though it is good to see.

Edited by Shivva, 08 November 2017 - 11:27 PM.

Folau #14 Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:46 AM

Major

• Player
  • 15254 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

That would affect my SaltyBet viewing times, and if there's one thing I love it's betting pretend money on AI controlled Mugen characters. Always bet Rascal.

Tbf EU content was always lack for WoT so it's nice to see something being done, though personally I would prefer watching content that isn't strictly the party line.

Spurtung #15 Posted 09 November 2017 - 03:35 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 64701 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
Will we see players streaming with tundra or that's a matter for threads to get deleted and swept under the rug?

Jigabachi #16 Posted 09 November 2017 - 03:45 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17946 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Will there be something like a "program forecast", or, alternatively, will those streams get turned into normal videos with a proper content summary?
I don't really care about streams at all, but would maybe watch parts of it every now and then when the content sounds interesting.

Dr_ownape #17 Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:45 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 44115 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View PostPh3lan, on 08 November 2017 - 05:20 PM, said:

Lol when mods start sticking stuff in the wrong section you know the site is stuffed :facepalm:

try here i case you forgot your own rules:

http://forum.worldof...videos-streams/

bgjudge #18 Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:24 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 28571 battles

View PostPh3lan, on 08 November 2017 - 03:58 PM, said:

Quick update on the above. I managed to get some more info about the patch issues and the compensation and posted it here 

Let's use this thread to discuss the streams though :)

>>

While the micropatch fixed some of the personal mission issues, it didn't solve some of the other problems you guys have been experiencing. The devs are working on the solution as fast as possible and if someone wants to get this fixed even faster than you guys, it is them. We will update you as soon as (!) we have more info to share. 

As far as the compensation is concerned, it doesn't make a lot of sense to send out the compensation while the actual problems are not entirely fixed, however as soon as we manage to get that done the minimum we are going to compensate you with is the previously promised female crew member and order. We are are also considering increasing the compensation since you guys have to put up with this for longer than expected. Once again we are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

- Ph3lan

""We are are also considering increasing the compensation since you guys have to put up with this for longer than expected.""=> Eventually we are getting FREE Obj 260 wiht Playboy girls, cause foch 155 was gathering dust for YEARS.... This is history talking! Good luck with the issue. I am waiting for the girl*s after a year ot two.

qpranger #19 Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:25 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 33233 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Sell the reworked WT auf E100 at Christmas or riot.

Gnomus #20 Posted 09 November 2017 - 08:02 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34484 battles
  • [ASEET] ASEET

View PostPh3lan, on 08 November 2017 - 06:20 PM, said:

Another good point. On WoWS we have the luxury that some of our players are doing the transcript and posting it on Reddit. We definitely don't want to make information exclusively available on streams, and this is definitely something that is already on our mind. 

The streams are announced 2 days in advance on FB for now but we can look into doing a Channel Feed announcement on Twitch as well.

Anything important should be, or at least come later, to WoT homepage and forums.

Recently it seems everything is streams, facebook, reddit..... Things should be on official platforms and findable in one place not scattered here and there.

Having some employee or even trainee transcribe and add links to relevant informative posts/videos should not be hard to do.

Also tagged with Stream, Discussion

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users